Redskins rule out tight end Jordan Reed

Jordan Reed AP

The Redskins have ruled rookie tight end Jordan Reed (concussion) out of Sunday’s game at Atlanta, the club said this afternoon.

According to the club’s website, Reed has yet to be cleared to return.

The 23-year-old Reed, who’s shown promise in his first NFL season, has missed the last four games. He has hauled in 45 passes for 499 yards with three touchdowns in nine games (four starts).

Logan Paulsen, Niles Paul and Fred Davis are Washington’s other tight ends.

Permalink 11 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Atlanta Falcons, Home, Rumor Mill, Washington Redskins
11 Responses to “Redskins rule out tight end Jordan Reed”
  1. richiebburg says: Dec 14, 2013 4:41 PM

#JordanGlassReed

2. pnut87 says: Dec 14, 2013 4:54 PM

Yeah, I wouldn’t want to play in that mess either…

3. jimnaizeeum says: Dec 14, 2013 4:55 PM

Sorry to hear that, he was one of the few bright spots in that DC mess

4. henryjones20 says: Dec 14, 2013 5:09 PM

fred davis is sleep in meetings as u post this.

5. haytammy says: Dec 14, 2013 5:22 PM

Only beacon of light from this year. Have fun with your dime bags, Fred Davis!

6. bigjd says: Dec 14, 2013 5:27 PM

DC area sports radio claims the reason he’s not playing is Shanahan’s trying to get fired and Snyder’s a bad owner. For the 10,000th time.

7. eatitfanboy says: Dec 14, 2013 5:38 PM

They should RGIII him. Deactivate him for the season. He’s a great young player that you can build with. Why risk using him in meaningless games now?

8. ravenswhat says: Dec 14, 2013 6:00 PM

They should rule out the entire roster.

9. gocaps8 says: Dec 14, 2013 6:05 PM

“It’s really critical that he go into the offseason program healthy.” – Shanny, Sr.

So grateful to be old enough to remember all three Super Bowl wins. I’m 43 and I don’t think it will happen again in my lifetime. Now, my sons should outlive Snyder, so there’s hope for them.

10. blackqbwhiterb says: Dec 14, 2013 6:52 PM

I wonder if he’s doing a little Clinton Portis-style staying out rather than take a chance on a 3-10 team…. If the playoffs were coming, he’d stop claiming to have a headache!! I hope he’s not one like that, and I hope he’s well soon.

11. badmoonrison says: Dec 14, 2013 7:24 PM

I have to admit, this drama in Washington sure is entertaining. Part of me secretly hopes Snyder keeps Red Lobster around another year, just so I could continue to enjoy the train wreck. Ya just simply can’t look away from this one. It makes the Incognito debacle minuscule by comparison.