Fifth touchdown of second half gives Packers the lead

AP

In a stunning comeback, the Packers have rallied from a 26-3 halftime deficit to take an 37-36 lead with 1:20 left in regulation against Dallas.

Eddie Lacy’s TD plunge from one yard out gave the Packers their first lead of the contest. The scoring drive came after Packers cornerback Sam Shields intercepted Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo with about three minutes left and Dallas holding a 36-31 lead.

Packers quarterback Matt Flynn has had a second half to remember, throwing four TD passes.

The much-maligned Cowboys’ defense, meanwhile, has had another game to forget.

At present, officials are reviewing a potential Green Bay interception by Tramon Williams.

84 responses to “Fifth touchdown of second half gives Packers the lead

1. I’m not watching the game right now so I have no idea whether it was an INT or not, but the INT by the Packers that was overturned early in the 4th quarter still has me scratching my head.

2. And yet Jones still wants to stand behind Romo and Garrett? Romo is a good fantasy football QB and a mediocre NFL QB, and Garrett is a less talented version of Norv Turner. Until Dallas replaces their QB, HC and GM they’ll go nowhere.

3. It’s time to fire Garrett. This had nothing to do with romo or the defense and all to do with not running the dam ball

4. Just like that they go and totally redeem themselves. Joking as the Packers have an awful lot of crap to make up for but they bought themselves another week of reprieve while they wait for Rodgers.

5. Fire everyone on Dallas. You are gouging the Packers for 7+yards/rush and so what does Dallas do…..Pass and Pass and Pass again for good measure.

Seriously the whole organization should be fired

6. I admit it. I didnt think they had a chance with Flynn. After the first half, I was sure that my pessimism was appropriate.

I was wrong. What a great win. I love football. Playoffs or not, a great win, a character win. Go Pack Go. (And go Ravens too)

7. logicalvoicesays says: Dec 15, 2013 7:45 PM

Thank God I’m a Redskins fan. Tony Ohno is a joke and the Dallas Cowboys are an embarrassment to the NFC East. Kirk Cousins is going to own them next week!!! #LOLOLOLOL
    __________________________________

If the Cowboys are an embarrassment to your division, what does that make your last place team? An abomination?

8. Romo gets blamed. Jones gets blamed. Why will nobody call for that clown Jason Garrett’s job? He should have been fired after freezing his own kicker years ago. Instead he has stuck around to oversee numerous Cowboys choke jobs. Pathetic.

9. Matt Flynn just did something neither Farve or Rodgers have done,….win at Dallas vs Cowboys,…credit Fox Sports for the comment,…

10. The Packers are gonna screw my Bears again. A couple of years ago, they beat the Bears in Chicago for the NFC Championship game. Last year, they knocked the Bears out of the playoffs by failing to beat the Vikings in Week 17 (& then promptly stomped them the next week in their rematch in the wild card round). This year, watch Detroit falter in one of their upcoming 3 games, which sets up a Week 17 game between Chicago & Green Bay for the NFC North title – Rodgers will come back & screw my Bears again.

11. “Thank God I’m a Redskins fan”

———————————————–

Did you really just say that? I guess there is somebody more stupid out there than the Romo apologists.

12. contra74 says:
    Dec 15, 2013 6:09 PM
    Did the Packers give up in their season/fans much like Rodgers gave up?

thepftpoet says:
    Dec 15, 2013 6:14 PM
    This packers team is pathetic

youngs79 says:
    Dec 15, 2013 6:15 PM
    The Packers are a hapless, classless team with no pride, or defense for that matter. That Dom Capers, he’s a genius.

trollsetter says:
    Dec 15, 2013 6:20 PM
    I could try to be clever, but what’s the point. Green Bay sucks. It’s as simple as that.

dcviking says:
    Dec 15, 2013 6:45 PM
    And remember, the only problem the Packers have is Aaron is not the quarterback…

Like us Packer and bears fans have been saying all along. Vikings fans know absolutely nothing about football.

13. Another week, same story. Murray had 93 yards rushing in the first half, and we build a 26-3 lead. He only gets 7 carries in the second half with a defense that is struggling, to put it politely? Jason Garrett must go. The team is too talented to consistently lose close games like this.

14. I’m beyond furious. Not bc I’m a cowboys fan but bc I was tied in fantasy football at the start of the fourth quarter and I had Demario Murray and my opponent had Eddie lacy. Why Garrett and Callahan suddenly completely abandoned the run and threw this game away. Unbelievable!!!!!

15. Garrett has some culpability in this meltdown…but lets not forget who committed the turnover….THE crucial error when it absolutely positively could not happen.

Yet again.

But yet, this front office management ( i.e…just one guy) continues to coddle and make excuses for this player…one who is CLEARLY not up to the task of winning when it counts the most.

The facts are indisputable.

16. thepftpoet says:
    Dec 15, 2013 7:45 PM
    The Packers are still a terrible franchise….
    /////////////////////////////////////

….and STILL better than the Vikings.

17. commentators were not wrong to criticize the playcalling, Cowboys certainly could have run the ball a bit more in the second half.

But focusing blame for the loss on the Cowboys offense is silly. You can’t let Matt Flynn score 4 touchdowns in one half against you. The Boys offense is fun to watch but they are simply not a playoff caliber t-e-a-m.

18. I hope the vikes win out…and we can see another year of ponder/cassell/freeman.

no way I thought the pack wins today…

the Dallas GM really needs to be fired.

19. Cheer up, Vicnocal, Rogers will ” come back and screw your bears” because bears are more fun to screw that an ugly blond dude wearing a horned cap.

20. Interesting Stat; America’s Team is undefeated in the new Cowboy stadium, complete with a SuperBowl victory. Hint, it’s not the Cowboy’s!
    GO PACK GO

21. Run the ball. And play def. This 55 passes a game is ridiculous. I hate pistols and spread formations. Lineup and play football.

22. Your 2013-2014 Dallas Cowboys.

Welcome back to your home of 8-8. For the THIRD STRAIGHT season. And no playoffs.

I’m not saying Jerry Jones is as horrible an owner as Daniel Snyder, but until he sits his butt down and lets his GM and coaching staff run the team and stop meddling, they will NEVER be the team they should be and will continue to underachieve.

23. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Pathetic cowgirls fans always talking before the game is over. Chip Kelly would like to thank the cowgirl organization for giving him the chance to clinch the division in prime time next Sunday. That Chip Kelly is a genius. He knew the cowgirls would choke another game away, so he held back against the Vikings, and now da Bears have no real game film to study from today’s game. A genius, I tell you.

24. it does not matter that the cowgirls should have tried to run the clock out, romo is getting a ton of money not to throw the ball to the other team! and yet once again when it matters most he once chokes! this has to be his most epic one yet though, he gave the packers the game then made sure they won it.

25. The Packers squeaked by against the worst defense in the NFL and a 4th quarter choke artist at QB. Congratulations! Too bad you can’t play Atlanta and Dallas every week.

26. Garrett is gone at the end of the year assuming no playoffs or no playoff wins. Why no Jerrah cam today Fox? His reactions will be priceless.

Get ready for a PFT barrage of Cowboys and Redskins stories this week.

27. this win ties the record for the biggest comeback in Packers long history,what a great,impressive job in the second half by everyone.never saw it coming,my tears in the first half made my beer salty.

28. Great game and I’m happy for Flynn. After being bounced from team to team and then finally end up back in GB and have the success he’s having, he has got to be happy. Did a pretty good job didn’t he? Love that noodle arm. WTG Matty! We’ve got our backup back. Wish I could explain why he has the success he has in GB. I’ll bet it’s the cheese. Hah!

29. There’s only one firing that’s going to help this team and it’s not Romo or Garrett.

I actually feel bad for the people who work for this idiot.

30. I don’t know which would be better – imagining Jerry Jones’ reaction after this game or actually seeing it.

Great win by the Pack on the road against a playoff contender. So much for all the ignorant Viking fans babbling about how the Packers can’t win without Rodgers.

Green Bay does and always will have a superior team, superior ownership, and superior fans.

31. vicnocal says:
    Dec 15, 2013 7:54 PM

———————————————-

As a Packers fan, I am rooting for exact scenario. However, if Green Bay doesn’t make it, I want it to be your Bears. I hate the Lions. I hate Lions fans. They are (aside from logicalvoice) the worst fans in the NFL (must be a Detroit thing *coughRedWingscough*) Good luck, and may the best team win!

32. Its a great week, the Packers win again to stay in the playoff hunt and the Vikings continue to climb up from a favorable drafting position to the middle of the pack where they will be no QB’s left so they will have to reach again like they did with Ponder.

Funny how life turns out.

33. shatho1 says:
    Dec 15, 2013 7:57 PM

well for the second week n a row they get away from the run goodbye coaching staff just clean house and move on

———————————————————-

The solution here is so obvious.

Jerry Jones has to start calling all the plays as well as being a brilliant and visionary GM.

His 40-year old brain can handle it.

34. Just got back from the grocery store. In my neighborhood I walk there and back, with about fifteen-to-twenty minutes each way. While there checking out, one of the checkers was saying he thought the Cowboys were going to win.

I interjected, and told him they had won big. And that the Eagles had lost. The checker got excited.

Oops.

35. @trollsetter,

Too bad you don’t have a competitive team. It’s pathetic that one of your only two great players is hour kicker.

Keep trolling. We love rubbing our superiority in your face every time you open that fat hole in your face.

36. filthymcnasty1 says:
    Dec 15, 2013 7:54 PM
    I was never worried today.
    –//
    Bandwagon fans usually aren’t

37. In today’s NFL, it seems there is one of these every week. My brother in law in emphatic that some of these games are rigged. IDK about that, but good golly some of these games just completely defy logic.

38. Yes being a Redskins fan is better then a Cowboys fan because we are realistic, we know we have issues on the Oline and defense and we won’t win until that gets fixed. We don’t delude ourselves into thinking that we have the talent to win like Cowboys fans do.

39. Yippee!!!! Tony Bozo does it again!!! When Dallas comes to town on Sunday, it’s going to be as close to the Super Bowl as the ‘Skins and Cow Jokes get this year. I may not be able to gloat next Sunday, but I can certainly laugh tonight!

40. bigtganks says:
    Dec 15, 2013 7:58 PM
    ———————————————————————————–This is a great example of why you’re a fraud just like 90 percent of your fellow Cowboys fans.

41. Jerrah’s will announce on Monday morning that he is 100% behind Jason Garrett.

Nice Jerrah, nice.

42. What do mean this nothing to do with Romo. Wasn’t he the one aduibling out of run pass just to pass it when Murray was averaging 7.5 yards a carry. This team and front office are an embarrassment.

43. The Green Bay Packers coaching staff made creative halftime adjustments resulting in a complete domination by the Green Bay Packers.

The Packers superior coaching should get most of the credit for the lopsided victory.