Nick Foles throws second interception of season

Philadelphia Eagles v Minnesota Vikings Getty Images

The Vikings are winning, but aren’t playing so well that it was out of reach.

But after Matt Cassel continued his unusually good game with a touchdown run to give the Vikings a 24-9 lead, the Eagles did something unusual as well.

Nick Foles threw his second interception of the season (against 20 touchdown passes) to end a drive that had some degree of promise.

The Vikings have sacked Foles twice and forced him into an uncharacteristic day, and Cassel is playing a smart and efficient game. Foles is going to have to sharpen up, in a hurry, before this one gets out of hand.

Permalink 14 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Minnesota Vikings, Philadelphia Eagles, Rumor Mill
14 Responses to “Nick Foles throws second interception of season”
  1. thepftpoet says: Dec 15, 2013 3:05 PM

The Minnesota Vikings impending dynasty will hit the NFL by storm, but don’t say you didn’t hear it here first.

Talent wise, we have the best team in the NFL and arguably one of the best teams of all time (other than QB).

Once we draft our franchise QB (and we will) multiple superbowls will be coming to Minneapolis. They are setting themselves up to dominate the NFC for the decade.

Every team will start trying to emulate the Vikings in every way.
    Every fan will be jealous of Vikings nation.
    Every owner will be jealous they don’t own a historic future dynasty team like the Vikings.
    Every coach will fear traveling to Minneapolis to face the best team to ever play.
    Every other teams players wish they’d have been drafted by the superior Vikings roster.
    Every GM will wish they had the drafting smarts that Rick Spielman has.

2. eagles92 says: Dec 15, 2013 3:06 PM

These are the eagles I know

3. realfootballfan says: Dec 15, 2013 3:08 PM

Eagles getting destroyed by the mighty Vikings.

4. doctorrustbelt says: Dec 15, 2013 3:08 PM

Terrible quarterback

20 td – 2 ints

Why didn’t they go after Josh Freeman when they had the chancce?!?

5. mediasloppy says: Dec 15, 2013 3:14 PM

I can’t believe how McCoy isn’t getting the ball except on the obvious running plays when he can catch and get YAC as good as any WR on the team.

6. jerrykill4pres says: Dec 15, 2013 3:15 PM

A couple comments here…

I’m surprised by this game. Figured Philly would be running up the score on us by now. Boy was I wrong.

Foles… You made Vick expendable. Vicks days in Philly are over. Accurate, and a big arm.. And 20td’s and 2 picks? I think that’s a very acceptable ratio. I don’t think our qb’s could even sniff that ratio even on madden!

Chip Kelly… 4th and 1/2 yard at your own 24 and you go for it? Then challenge the ruling on the field? It’s a two score game as im typing. Don’t do that!

I like seeing Cassel have a nice game, Smith back helps the D… Jennings is having a nice game, and is relevant with a QB that can look past his first read. But not going to lie, I wanted us to lose just for the draft pick. We need a long term answer at QB…

Chip Kelly. Whether your eagles come back in the 4th and win or not remains to be seen. But I really think your offense needs to be rethought. You can’t have your defense on the field as often and as long as it has been on there today. Time of possession is big. The fast paced offense keeps us entertained, but wears down your defense. And so far I haven’t seen it have any effects like that on ours.

7. mediasloppy says: Dec 15, 2013 3:25 PM

jerrykill5pres:

———————————–
    You might get your wish.

8. doctorrustbelt says: Dec 15, 2013 3:37 PM

Minnesota is like Miami … the play their best ball WITHOUT adrian peterson and richie incognito.

9. thelionsrgreat says: Dec 15, 2013 3:49 PM

The Viking have the worst talent on any roster, including some top college football teams. Watching them “play” is laughable. They will remain on the bottom of the NFL for years to come. I enjoy watching them hold down the bottom more than I enjoy almost anything. Laughable is truly an understatement. I really hope they win out just to screw up their draft pick even more.

10. bigdogsolec says: Dec 15, 2013 4:24 PM

OK, where has this VIKINGS team ben all year

11. dumplingsrbrown says: Dec 15, 2013 4:58 PM

What’s laughable is a Lions fan saying” screw up their draft pick” to someone else (even if it was meant in a different context).

12. loveseatquarterback says: Dec 15, 2013 10:37 PM

I’d just like to take this opportunity to say that I don’t like the Packers.

13. filthymcnasty1 says: Dec 16, 2013 12:50 AM

I almost forgot that the Vikings still had games left on the schedule.

14. theqmaster says: Dec 16, 2013 12:55 PM

Take a sit and watch Lions loosing the first place in NFLN at the hands of the Vikings in 2 weeks when Metrodome during the last ever game play there will be the loudest place on the Planet!