Dez Bryant apologizes, said he didn’t want to be seen crying

Dez Bryant AP

Cowboys wide receiver Dez Bryant has apologized for leaving the field early last night, saying it was his own embarrassment at letting his emotions show that caused him to head to the locker room after Tony Romo’s game-killing interception.

“I was wrong,” Bryant said during an appearance a local hospital, via Tim McMahon of ESPNDallas.com. “It didn’t have anything to do with my teammates. I just, . . . I couldn’t watch Green Bay kneel the ball down on the field after a tough loss like that.

“I was very emotional. I cried when I got into the locker room. I didn’t want to show that stuff on the sideline.”

Bryant mentioned his emotion on Twitter last night, without specifying whether it was sadness or anger or another one.

“Whenever I’m out on the football field, it’s all about the team,” Bryant said Monday. “I’m a team guy and that’s what I think about and that’s what I focus on. I extremely, extremely apologize for leaving, but my teammates and coaches understand. I am a very emotional player and we didn’t finish. It [leaving the field] had nothing to do with my teammates.”

Of course, the rest of those teammates he was so moved by stayed until the end, regardless what they might have been feeling at the time.

Permalink 135 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Dallas Cowboys, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
135 Responses to “Dez Bryant apologizes, said he didn’t want to be seen crying”
  1. ccjcsr says: Dec 16, 2013 12:50 PM

Heart
    Youth
    Mistake

#88

2. Brinke says: Dec 16, 2013 12:50 PM

Duane Thomas v2.0

3. redbullenergydrink says: Dec 16, 2013 12:51 PM

Can’t blame the guy for trying hard and wanting to win.

4. conormacleod says: Dec 16, 2013 12:51 PM

That should Cowboys fans feel better.

5. thepftpoet says: Dec 16, 2013 12:51 PM

“Big girls don’t cry”

-Dez Bryant

6. thepftpoet says: Dec 16, 2013 12:52 PM

The Minnesota Vikings impending dynasty will hit the NFL by storm, but don’t say you didn’t hear it here first.

Talent wise, we have the best team in the NFL and arguably one of the best teams of all time (other than QB).

Once we draft our franchise QB (and we will) multiple superbowls will be coming to Minneapolis. They are setting themselves up to dominate the NFC for the decade.

Every team will start trying to emulate the Vikings in every way.
    Every fan will be jealous of Vikings nation.
    Every owner will be jealous they don’t own a historic future dynasty team like the Vikings.
    Every coach will fear traveling to Minneapolis to face the best team to ever play.
    Every other teams players wish they’d have been drafted by the superior Vikings roster.
    Every GM will wish they had the drafting smarts that Rick Spielman has.

7. smokingconch says: Dec 16, 2013 12:53 PM

The rest of you can criticize him all that you want, I love this. Hate watching my whole team walk onto the field all smiles and handshakes after a tough loss.

Dez had a rough start in the NFL and I think people are way too quick to jump on him based on that.

The NFL can always use more passionate players and less people collecting a paycheck.

8. bgrillz says: Dec 16, 2013 12:53 PM

what a baby this cat is. This is your answer in crunch time?

9. carolinachris says: Dec 16, 2013 12:53 PM

Good thing he doesn’t play for Miami.

10. maskill6 says: Dec 16, 2013 12:53 PM

Ohhhh… well than that makes it better.

Or, you could have just hung a towel over your head.

Losing didn’t build character in this case, it revealed it.

11. fthrvic says: Dec 16, 2013 12:54 PM

What a Nancy….grow a pair, Dez

12. cbrown386 says: Dec 16, 2013 12:54 PM

The other 52 men on that roster had the mental toughness to stay on the field.

13. braceyourselffor12 says: Dec 16, 2013 12:54 PM

The Dallas Cowboys: making wide receivers cry since 2008

14. contra74 says: Dec 16, 2013 12:54 PM

15. jnks10 says: Dec 16, 2013 12:54 PM

Thats almost worse then walking off the field because your mad. Your a grown man. How can you not be able to handle your emotions in a regular season lose when the seasons far from over? I mean what would he do if they lost in the playoffs?

16. thepftpoet says: Dec 16, 2013 12:54 PM

“That’s my quarterback man…”

Does this not remind you of the time when Terell Owens cried in the press conference defending Tony Romo?

Wow…history does repeat itself

17. lawyermalloy says: Dec 16, 2013 12:55 PM

“Man-Child”

18. backdapack4evr says: Dec 16, 2013 12:55 PM

Jerry has a very nice stadium!

19. dhardy8207 says: Dec 16, 2013 12:55 PM

Its ok Dez… Nothing wrong with a man admitting that he cries. Scientific studies have shown one that releases the emotions from stressfull situations reduces their risk of heart disease by 30%….

If I had a QB like Romo, I would probably burst into tears on occassion too….

20. theworkhorsebackdotcom says: Dec 16, 2013 12:56 PM

Yeah watching the Dallas D makes we wanna cry too

21. gosfvr says: Dec 16, 2013 12:56 PM

For all his “flaws”, there is no doubt he is a playmaker.
    Would not mind him playing for the niners.

22. jaltreality says: Dec 16, 2013 12:56 PM

Is he a bit dramatic and emotional? For sure. But the guy is a great player, clearly the best offensive player for Dallas by far. Wish he was on my team. Did you see that catch he made in double coverage in the end zone? Masterful.

23. edgarpoe3 says: Dec 16, 2013 12:56 PM

The apologies and excuses for him will now follow; the circus will continue.

24. packerbackernj says: Dec 16, 2013 12:56 PM

If the boys sign Incognito in the offseason, this guy will be out of the NFL faster then Martin.

25. bucrightoff says: Dec 16, 2013 12:56 PM

He’s been there the last couple seasons they’ve choked, you’d figure he’d be used to it by now.

26. missingsock215 says: Dec 16, 2013 12:57 PM

“That’s my quarterback!”

27. 44boz says: Dec 16, 2013 12:57 PM

There’s no crying in football.

28. steelcurtainn says: Dec 16, 2013 12:57 PM

Boohoo! Someone get him a box of tissue papers. Another T.O in cowgirl country.

29. mendenhallfumblemachine says: Dec 16, 2013 12:57 PM

He played a great game don’t know why people focus on this… Not his fault they lost.

30. chut26 says: Dec 16, 2013 12:58 PM

Tony Romo has a thing about making his WR’s cry.

31. AngryHumanoid says: Dec 16, 2013 12:58 PM

Look I’m not SAYING I don’t believe him…. but that is the natural inference you should be getting from this sentence.

32. cornerstone2001 says: Dec 16, 2013 12:58 PM

There’s no crying in football !!!

33. gward90 says: Dec 16, 2013 12:58 PM

Nothing but class and passion.

34. cornerstone2001 says: Dec 16, 2013 12:59 PM

Somewhere Terrell Owens is laughing….

35. mangycougar says: Dec 16, 2013 12:59 PM

Dez Bryant – T.O. 2.0

36. jimair1 says: Dec 16, 2013 12:59 PM

All of Dallas was crying after watching the mighty Flynn

37. jetsclaps says: Dec 16, 2013 1:00 PM

First Owens, now Dez. Is Romo the first QB to be so bad he makes his receivers cry?

38. dougydougdoug says: Dec 16, 2013 1:00 PM

Each week, with each new and amazingly embarrassing Cowboys’ loss, come a slew of headlines here which could seemingly only come from a source like The Onion. This week, is off to a great start!

39. All-American Voltron says: Dec 16, 2013 1:00 PM

I don’t care how much of a “teammate” you are, its basic sportsmanship and its called “being a man”. You shake the hand of the winner plain and simple. You lost, deal with the consequences of that loss.

40. norseyapper says: Dec 16, 2013 1:00 PM

At what point is someone going to suggest to him that he needs to be a man?

He’ll never give them the leadership they need from one of their most talented players if he continues to act like a spoiled child.

41. blacknole08 says: Dec 16, 2013 1:00 PM

Look, I completely understand why Dez did what he did. He may have thought that his unbelievable score in the 4th won the game for his team.

However, this is not his first meltdown. I think this was worse than what he did in Detroit (where he had the nerve to yell at a team leader like Witten). That was unacceptable, but leaving the field like that — you lose respect from fans and your team.

Stop being a selfish diva and better teammate to those other 52 men out there. Their is nothing wrong with showing your frustration, but you have to control yourself while you are out there.

42. crisper57 says: Dec 16, 2013 1:01 PM

What the hell is up with Dallas WR’s and crying?

43. trojan33sc says: Dec 16, 2013 1:01 PM

This guy is beginning to remind me more and more of T.O. Amazing……………

44. Youknowimright says: Dec 16, 2013 1:01 PM

Kids a beast. I’ll take his tantrums any day of the weeek. I wish there were five other guys out there who cared and competed as much as he does. Watch him after big runs, pumping his fists and going crazy. Those plays aren’t about him but he is still excited for his team. This whole we need to control dez stuff is ridiculous. How about let’s want to win as mcuh as dez does and maybe we turn this thing around. The ho hum pressers after the game and the it’ll be alright attitudes have got to go. Be upset. show it. Get after the guys who could careless about the score. Play winning, passionate football.

45. cheapsack says: Dec 16, 2013 1:02 PM

“That’s my quarterback.”

“Who just lost us the game, again!”

46. All-American Voltron says: Dec 16, 2013 1:02 PM

Well, guess what, we all know you cried now, so you walking off the field did nothing, unless you have a really weird crying face or something.

So now we will make fun of you for crying, plus we now hate you for walking off the field. You just doubled your ridicule, was it worth it Dez?

47. jgedgar70 says: Dec 16, 2013 1:03 PM

I can appreciate the fire and passion to win. But controlling your emotions and letting them out in appropriate times and places are part of being a mature, grown man. All Dez has done here is admit that he has a grown man’s body but he is still an immature little boy. And as long as the Cowboys keep coddling him and letting him get away with stunts like this, it’s never going to change.

48. chris11le says: Dec 16, 2013 1:03 PM

Please tell me he said “thats my QB man, thats my QB!”

49. bennyb82 says: Dec 16, 2013 1:03 PM

Get this man a tinted visor…

50. britishteeth says: Dec 16, 2013 1:04 PM

Eddie Lacy had to leave Golden Corral early for the same reason after they ran out of salisbury steak.

51. jburk003 says: Dec 16, 2013 1:05 PM

Dez has and will catch a TON of heat for walking off of the field early.

But personally, I do NOT blame him. That was as bad as a blown loss that someone can ever see. AND, it basically blew Dallas’ hopes away of making the playoffs.

WHY, then I ask, would Dez want to stick around and meander around after the game after such a tough loss that tested your emotions.

Call it unsportsmanlike if you want, but I’d rather have a stud WR who was PISSED off about losing, that a WR who was able to laugh and talk to opposing players after the game.

IMO, Dez walking away early should not be the story. The Cowboys D, clock management, and the 100 million dollar man, Tony Romo should be the stories.

52. hscorpio says: Dec 16, 2013 1:05 PM

Maybe nobody saw him crying but when he ran off the field early, I think most people watching assumed that was what he was doing.

53. thestrategyexpert says: Dec 16, 2013 1:05 PM

Not really a good type of player to have a on a team unless you are already at the top level and looking to go all the way, then he can be a very dangerous and valuable addition. But for a mediocre team, he’s too much of a distraction and drama queen. This is the kind of player that you need to be totally on your game from a roster management and coaching atmosphere before you get married to him. Just kind of an awkward fit for the way this team is designed and managed.

54. granadafan says: Dec 16, 2013 1:05 PM

What is it with diva receivers on the Cowboys who are always crying?

55. steelersaregodsteam says: Dec 16, 2013 1:06 PM

The likeness to TO is amazing.

56. 1rockyracoon says: Dec 16, 2013 1:06 PM

He doesn’t want you to see him cry, but he will leave a game early. He doesn’t want you to see him cry, but he’s ok with acting like a d-bag on the sidelines. He was born to be a Cowboy.

57. ahs2 says: Dec 16, 2013 1:06 PM

You’re a 25 year old man who lost a football game…be a professional!!! Seemed to have no problem puffing out his chest and crossing his arms making that “X” sign minutes before. The guy’s bi-polar….no, just another childish spoiled athlete.

58. calicowboysfan86 says: Dec 16, 2013 1:07 PM

Wasn’t the right thing to do but I can’t blame him. I have a ton of respect for Dez.

59. Go-Hawks! says: Dec 16, 2013 1:07 PM

It sounds to me like Dez Bryant is falling on his sword here. I think he was absolutely furious with Tony Romo throwing ANOTHER game killing interception.

Romo may not be an interception machine (like Eli Manning) but the game usually comes down to Romo throwing either the game winning touchdown or an interception. I can understand Dez’s frustration. But you gotta stay out on the field until that game is done.

60. packerbackersince71 says: Dec 16, 2013 1:08 PM

… DEZ the DOG !!! … GREAT LEADER !!! LOLOL … ARF !!! …ARF !!! … ARF !!! …

61. jnovi86 says: Dec 16, 2013 1:08 PM

Sounds like he needs mike Singletary to give a post game speech about how hed rather take a penalty on every play than to play with someone who isnt thinking as part of the team. Worked for Vernon Davis.

62. pantherdick says: Dec 16, 2013 1:09 PM

Dez was the only one who came to play in the second half so obviously his teammates weren’t that emotional about it.

63. pkrjones says: Dec 16, 2013 1:11 PM

“I didn’t want to show that stuff on the sideline.”… yet you’re OK showing the world yourself throwing your helmet, screaming at fellow players, and sulking off of the field before the game ends. Whatever.

64. wryly1 says: Dec 16, 2013 1:11 PM

Whatever rationalization he chooses, the bottom line is he distanced himself from his teammates – physically and emotionally – before the game ended. Teammates share in defeat as well as victory. His actions we’re saying either, ” Hey it isn’t my fault”, or ” My feelings are more important than yours.” Not right either way.

65. peytonwantsaflag says: Dec 16, 2013 1:11 PM

he just cares so darn much, you know? Kind of like what Trent Dilwad said last night after the game (and kids this is actually what he said) the reason Tony Romo throws these game losing picks is because he is just too good.

66. sosuhme says: Dec 16, 2013 1:12 PM

We all have emotions. Adults learn to control theirs.

67. cjacque7219 says: Dec 16, 2013 1:13 PM

I don’t think he was being a jerk, but it was definitely immature. Get a handle on your emotions, or you come off as a sore loser. Acting that way wouldn’t be acceptable in high school – so it definitely shouldn’t be acceptable in the NFL.

68. kozmo50 says: Dec 16, 2013 1:13 PM

Dat’s my “Quawwtaback”……

69. richiebburg says: Dec 16, 2013 1:13 PM

The tents have now left Miami and are pitching themselves in Dallas for December.

70. kissmytaintpatriotsrule says: Dec 16, 2013 1:14 PM

thepftpoet, this already happened except the team your talking about already has QB. The New England Patriots.

71. steeltuff says: Dec 16, 2013 1:15 PM

There is no player above the rest of the team, Dez, including you. If your teammates have to watch a kneel-down by the opposing QB, you must endure this humbling experience too. If you shed a tear on the sidelines, Jerrah, Tony and Michael Irvin need to see it too. After all, it’s America’s Team . . . the entire country needs to bear witness to your pain. How about them Cowboys!

72. joetoronto says: Dec 16, 2013 1:19 PM

How about them Cowboys!?

73. jburk003 says: Dec 16, 2013 1:20 PM

The fact that this is a story is EXACTLY WHAT IS WRONG WITH THE MEDIA!!!

I am NOT a Cowboys fan. To make that very clear.

But that fact that Dez walked off the field with 45 seconds left, when they had NO timeouts and GB was taking a knee should NOT be a story.

Did Dez lose the game for the Cowboys??
    Didnt’t think so. So why is this being talked about??? Who cares?? He was mad and didn’t want to stick around to talk.

If I am an owner, I WANT my players to feel like that after a loss.

People are acting like it was DEZ who was: playing defense, calling pass plays when you should be running the clock, and throwing INT’s.

Well, it wasn’t.

Tony Romo just proved all of us RIGHT who laughed about that ridiculous contract.

Maybe the Cowboys could afford some defensive players if all their money wasn’t tied up to their pathetic QB.

74. shaggytoodle says: Dec 16, 2013 1:22 PM

OH.. Oh… OH Dezzy’s crying

75. slugbaitspace says: Dec 16, 2013 1:23 PM

thepftpoet says:
    Dec 16, 2013 12:52 PM
    ———————–
    Sorry, but I must point out that we didn’t hear it here first.

We heard it first in numerous other threads that you’ve posted on in the last couple of weeks.

76. fumblenuts says: Dec 16, 2013 1:23 PM

Earth to Dez: No crying in Football.

77. bgm9876 says: Dec 16, 2013 1:24 PM

I kinda wish he was on the bills, but then again I kinda don’t because hes a crybaby.

78. jburk003 says: Dec 16, 2013 1:25 PM

I’d rather have a passionate NFL player that HATES losing.

Than have a…

Unpassionate NFL player than just collects checks.

79. weepingjebus says: Dec 16, 2013 1:26 PM

The weirdest part was when RGII met him in the locker room.

80. raaz227httr says: Dec 16, 2013 1:29 PM

HEADCASE

81. simplec72 says: Dec 16, 2013 1:32 PM

smokingconch says:
    Dec 16, 2013 12:53 PM

———————————————————————————–
    Then all the Cowboys should’ve left the field and nobody would have to of watched the kneel down…. Fans included. Passionate and not collecting a paycheck…. How many millions is this guy making? He’s not working for peanuts. The Cowboys will never make it over the top with Romo and the cry girls.

82. packerfansarefat says: Dec 16, 2013 1:34 PM

Guys a MENTAL case waiting to explode….I love how the first comment uses “youth” as an excuse…lol. My 12 year old handles himself better!!

83. packeranddarien says: Dec 16, 2013 1:37 PM

contra74 says: Dec 16, 2013 12:54 PM

Clown,

It has nothing to do with “strapping on the pads” (which is an ironclad lock you have NEVER done)..it’s about being SELFLESS. Clearly, he was thinking of HIMSELF…and what HE was thinking about how HE looks.

If it was all about team, he wouldn’t care how or what it looks. He would trust his teammates or just BE with them , through the good or bad..through the crushing losses and the elation of wins.

THAT is being a teammate.

But the player KNOWS that he can do WHATEVER he wants WHEN he wants to do it, because the owner will ALLOW IT. So he can throw out any hollow apology to the press, but his teammates know what the truth is.

It’s called being an enabler.

84. z0inks says: Dec 16, 2013 1:38 PM

Are you sick of feeling the despair of one heartbreaking loss after another, week after week?

Are you tired of giving your heart, body, and soul over to the team, only to watch that them once again snatch defeat from the jaws of victory?

Are you forced to turn and walk away at the end of another mind-numbing collapse, so that the world won’t see your tears of anger, frustration, and shame?

Congratulations, Dez Bryant! You are now officially a fan of the Dallas Cowboys!

85. wnstonchill says: Dec 16, 2013 1:40 PM

I’m not a Dez Bryant fan, but he has nothing to apologize for in regards to shedding a tear. There is nothing “unmanly” about showing emotion. This sick society teaches otherwise! I applaud Dez Bryant for proving that it’s way bigger than just a paycheck to him. If Dez Bryant could learn to harness that emotion the right way, he would be nearly impossible to stop on the field! And, he would be one heck of an amazing leader for the Cowboys……..and LORD knows, they need it badly!!!!

86. rpiotr01 says: Dec 16, 2013 1:41 PM

Tremendous receiver, great passion but someone needs to teach this guy some yoga or meditation.

87. kozmo50 says: Dec 16, 2013 1:41 PM

Jerry Jones needs to start issuing Hot Dogs and Sodas to the kids….er, ah…players after games. Maybe they won’t take their losses so hard.

88. donmega72 says: Dec 16, 2013 1:43 PM

Mr Bryant?

Mr Incognito is on line one for you.

89. honkerdawg says: Dec 16, 2013 1:44 PM

Always an excuse – he’s a poor excuse of a player and person

90. craigkintexas says: Dec 16, 2013 1:45 PM

Dr Phil, the entire allas cowboys organization is here for their appointment.

91. wisconsinhillfolk says: Dec 16, 2013 1:46 PM

Ahhhhhhhhhahahaha! Awesome Eddie Lacey blast.

92. warhammer420 says: Dec 16, 2013 1:48 PM

Control emotions, you must. Else control you, they will.

93. nebster21 says: Dec 16, 2013 1:53 PM

Maybe the Cowboys should change that to their motto.

Cry cowboys cry.

It is great that this is a story. It shows his lack of professionalism. “My feelings are worth more than the teams”.

How can anyone defend his actions. They are deplorable.

94. bearsgrl says: Dec 16, 2013 1:54 PM

There’s no crying in football!!!!
    -Not-Quite Tom Hanks

95. hsvox says: Dec 16, 2013 1:57 PM

I don’t blame Dez at all. I just wish more players had followed him. Winning with less than 3 minutes in the 4th quarter and your quarterback decides he’d rather ensure his reputation of choking rather than hand the ball off to his running back to kill the clock

96. packerbadger says: Dec 16, 2013 2:05 PM

Funny how he didn’t mind being seen gloating when they were up 23 at the half…..

97. granadafan says: Dec 16, 2013 2:05 PM

“contra74 says: Dec 16, 2013 12:54 PM
    The people who are about to flame him on this board are people who have never strapped on the pads and laid it all out on the football field. Sucks to have laid it out there like Dez did only to walk away with a loss but I dont agree with leaving the field the way he did. Its part of the game Dez.”
    ============================================

Clearly contra has never played any sort of competitive sports if you think it’s ok to just walk away after a loss. Football players in the NFL are not the only athletes on the planet who work their tail off and are full of emotions after wins/ losses.

Look at every single sport from table tennis to soccer to rugby to MMA to football. The opponents congratulate each other. It’s called respect for the game and good sportsmanship. Even in hockey where they’re beating each other’s head in, they will line up for a handshake after a hardfought series. If you have children I certainly hope you’re teaching them PROPER sportsmanship instead of ignorant selfishness.

98. scmems07 says: Dec 16, 2013 2:15 PM

it’s ok dez, i know a guy you can talk to, his name is john martin. let me look up his number for you.

99. backdapack4evr says: Dec 16, 2013 2:18 PM

Not to worry cowboy fans
    Jerry Jones contacted Donald Trump and is now getting private lessons!!

100. raiderlyfe510 says: Dec 16, 2013 2:19 PM

Jerry Jones needs to call Singletary. That wouldn’t happen under Singletary. Singletary’s discipline, motivation; and leadership with Callahan’s X’s and O’s will win a lot of games together.

101. fearthehoody says: Dec 16, 2013 2:22 PM

What a Mary! Total head case!!

102. bk9876 says: Dec 16, 2013 2:31 PM

I find it surprising that the NFL fines players for sock color and other uniform infractions but this clown can leave the field with a minute and a half to go and does not violate any NFL rule? The only time you should be able to leave the field is for medical reasons. Someone may want to inform him that the FANS PAY alot of money to see the players play all 60 minutes……not 58.5!

I know one way to keep #88 on the field for all 60 minutes, fine him a whole game check. I think the message will be very clear and crisp. We know the prisoners run the asylum/prison in Dallas so that wont happen with the team internally and Jerrah has no guts just all talk.

103. mancave001 says: Dec 16, 2013 2:32 PM

T.O. 2.0. That’s my quarterback!

104. backdapack4evr says: Dec 16, 2013 2:36 PM

The cowboys are only one temper tantrum away from going to the playoffs!!
    Relax

105. sportsman68 says: Dec 16, 2013 2:41 PM

romo should slash his tiers

106. taintedsaints2009 says: Dec 16, 2013 2:50 PM

i love this guy. you see him after he scored his TD on the sideline? dude is intense! nfl needs more like him.

107. contra74 says: Dec 16, 2013 2:56 PM

granadafan says:
    Dec 16, 2013 2:05 PM
    “contra74 says: Dec 16, 2013 12:54 PM
    ============================================

—–
    Check again – I never said it was ok. I said people would flame him for what he did without understanding the frustration he is going through. I have played and I know what its like. still, at the end of the game, you HAVE to shake hands with your opponent. I never said what he did was ok.

108. titansbro says: Dec 16, 2013 2:56 PM

Personally I like the passion this kid plays with. Maybe if Tony Romo played with that kind of passion the Cowboys wouldn’t be suffering these kinds of losses. Maybe he mishandled this situation, but this is a kid who cares about winning & winning only. He’s not crying about his stats TO style, he’s crying because to him it hurts to lose. You other clowns can have the guys that go out there all smily faced shaking hands but I’ll take this kid, his passion, & his immense talent on my team any day.

109. titansbro says: Dec 16, 2013 2:58 PM

raiderlyfe510 says: Dec 16, 2013 2:19 PM

—————————————————————-

Laughable. Singletary was a great player but an awful coach. He really got a lot out of Vernon Davis didn’t he? He really got a lot out of that loaded roster in SF didn’t he?

110. fr0sted21 says: Dec 16, 2013 3:09 PM

Funny – the fallout from this (and when Moss did it) is enormous. Which is fine. But why was Andre Johnson given a free pass when he walked off the field earlier during a loss after an argument with Matt Schaub?

111. greenisgold1265 says: Dec 16, 2013 3:10 PM

He’s probably has mental health issues. He’s unmedicated and enabled. Everyone was all over Brandon Marshall till he got help, and medication.

112. deenice810 says: Dec 16, 2013 3:11 PM

Jerry Jones said he felt like crying too but his facelift couldn’t handle it.

113. dexterismyhero says: Dec 16, 2013 3:12 PM

You didn’t want us to see you cry, so you tell us that you cried……uummmm ok Dez.

114. janvanflac says: Dec 16, 2013 3:13 PM

Not a Cowboys fan at all but the dude brings it….one of the few players on that team who actually cares.

115. johngaltwho says: Dec 16, 2013 3:16 PM

Id accept that at face value and forgive him. I can see where that might have been an emotional loss for a fierce competitor. Go Pack Go.

116. rodh32340 says: Dec 16, 2013 3:22 PM

Dez Bryant is the Kanye West of the NFL..

117. 7mantel says: Dec 16, 2013 3:25 PM

Dez says he’s a team guy ! Hard to believe after his actions since he’s been in the league!

118. johngaltwho says: Dec 16, 2013 3:25 PM

thepftpoet says: Dec 16, 2013 12:52 PM

————————————————–

Thats why we all love football. Cause year after year, hope springs anew. Even the most downtrodden franchise with no evidence of current or future success can inspire eternal optimism in their fanbase. Yup, keep cheering, and predicting division titles and superbowl wins. Its downright inspirational.

119. riverhorsey says: Dec 16, 2013 3:32 PM

Dez needs to take his diaper off.

120. fatsolio says: Dec 16, 2013 3:52 PM

Did he go into his presser after the game and give 2 short replies before leaving like a child as Tommy Brady did? Oh yeah it is OK when Brady acts like a poor sport after a loss but not Dez or ANYONE else.

I’ve also seen Brady not shake hands after a loss and the media doesn’t care but anyone else does that and look out!

121. vavikingfan says: Dec 16, 2013 3:59 PM

I wonder who wrote the response for him.

122. deweyaxewound says: Dec 16, 2013 4:00 PM

Now if only Dallas’ defense would ‘extremely, extremely apologize’ for walking off the field after halftime…

123. mvp43 says: Dec 16, 2013 4:04 PM

thepftpoet says:
    Dec 16, 2013 12:52 PM

Every team will start trying to emulate the Vikings in every way.
    Every fan will be jealous of Vikings nation.
    Every GM will wish they had the drafting smarts that Rick Spielman has.

————————————–
    Okay, we all know you’re trying very hard to establish yourself on PFT, but overdoing it will not work.
    Historic future dynasty? I would give that title to the Seahawks
    Rick Spielman- Umm, Ted Thompson from Green Bay gets my vote.

The Vikings do have some talent, but until they stop trying to raid Green Bays cast offs, they won’t win anything. The Packers cast a huge shadow over the Vikings, so I can understand your angst.

124. Canyonero says: Dec 16, 2013 4:19 PM

Oh, he was experiencing an emotion!

That’s okay then!

125. ezwriter69 says: Dec 16, 2013 7:14 PM

Chris Carter’s is the perfect response to this crappola: “Son, you’re playing for the Dallas Cowboys, you better get used to losing.”

126. hansenbrothers says: Dec 16, 2013 8:01 PM

Baaahahahahahaha

127. drelms says: Dec 16, 2013 9:23 PM

I don’t think he was crying, I bet he was just freaking pissed that Romo once again threw away the game with a couple of ridiculous interceptions. I mean even the coach called him out on it and said, Romo changed the call on that play. I know people got ticked off that he threw him under the bus there but, crap, when you are the qb you gotta do better than that.
    Dez, it’s cool man, let your qb know how you feel behind closed doors, at least it’s better than what your coach did.

128. cmonpos says: Dec 16, 2013 10:37 PM

Give Dez Bryant a break, this guy and Megatron are the best wide receivers in the NFL right now, period.

You guys can hate him all you want but he brings a lot to the plate.

Right now he’s looking like a jerk because he hates to loose, he’s a competitor, even his days at OK State, he used to be that way.

The Defense is what’s killing Dallas right now and some of the play calling.

If they could figure out their what’s wrong with their defense and have Romo not make stupid mistakes, they could make some noise in the playoffs…

129. cubb1 says: Dec 17, 2013 2:58 AM

Garrett is going to be crying his way to the unemployment line in 2 weeks.

130. texanadeb says: Dec 17, 2013 9:49 AM

Dez Bryant is one of those guys that, when the Cowboys do good, he is front and center taking his credit for the win. When they do poorly, it is everybody else’s fault.

131. 1historian says: Dec 17, 2013 11:13 AM

You can’t make this kind of stuff up

132. kitnamania13 says: Dec 17, 2013 11:26 AM

He’s selfish for leaving the game, he’s irresponsible for making an excuse, and he’s dishonest for not being truthful with his excuse. It’s just typical Dez.

133. materialman80 says: Dec 17, 2013 8:55 PM

Dez I was laughing so hard I was crying too. You need to understand Brother if you want to be a winner, you’re on the wrong team.

134. dcstinks says: Dec 19, 2013 6:23 PM

I would be crying if I were a Cowboy or a fan for that matter. Just putting on that God Awful blue and silver is enough to make anyone cry.

135. miguel3557 says: Dec 23, 2013 4:21 PM

I watched Bryant walking away from his teammates into the locker room with time on the clock. A complete lack of respect for his teammates and his team. Yesterday, I watched the end of the Cowboys-Redskins game, when I saw this impudent nitwit yelling profanities as he walked to his team’s locker room, beating his chest.

Bryant is an extremely gifted wideout. But isn’t it time for some grown-up (do any exist on the Dallas Cowboys?) to tell/teach him to act like a 26-year old profession football player instead of a petulant 9-year old child throwing temper tantrums.