49ers fans to buy billboard in Seattle

49ers-billboard

The battle has been joined.

After Seahawks fans bought a brick at the 49ers’ new stadium and arranged earlier this month for a 12th Man banner to be flown over Candlestick Park, fans of San Francisco’s NFL team have raised money to purchase a billboard in Seattle.

Via the San Jose Mercury News, Niners fans have accumulated more than $8,000 to buy a billboard that taunts Seattle residents with images of the five Super Bowl trophies the 49ers have secured.

All money exceeding the project’s estimated cost of $7,000 will be donated to Seattle Children’s Hospital.

While the back and forth adds intrigue to the rivalry, this probably isn’t the year to give extra incentive to the 12th Man and the team it supports.  The Seahawks currently look unbeatable, by the 49ers or anyone.  A billboard reminding the Seahawks that they have no Super Bowl championships will give them extra motivation to secure their first.

Permalink 184 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Rumor Mill, San Francisco 49ers, Seattle Seahawks
184 Responses to “49ers fans to buy billboard in Seattle”
  1. nickmiller63 says: Dec 17, 2013 7:26 PM

They are the best, billboard or not. So why not shove a billboard in front of their snotty little insecure faces? Go Niners!

2. sf49ers4 says: Dec 17, 2013 7:29 PM

Seahawks look unbeatable…even though they were beat 2 weeks ago. Yup, that makes sense.

3. 4949centennial says: Dec 17, 2013 7:31 PM

I agree. Its stupid to waste your money. please donate all the money to hospital and show them you are better than them.

4. bjgalvin says: Dec 17, 2013 7:31 PM

Didn’t the 9ers just beat them a week and a half ago?

5. bennyb82 says: Dec 17, 2013 7:32 PM

I know the game was at SF…but you cannot really say Seattle is unbeatable right now when they just lost to the 49ers how many days ago?

6. Go-Hawks! says: Dec 17, 2013 7:32 PM

In a “What have you done lately” league, such as the NFL, neither team has done anything worth bragging about.

Yes, those 5 Superbowls are great. Good for you Joe Montana and Steve Young. 49ers fans are rightfully proud of their team.

I don’t really care for the trash talk, but it’s nice to see money going to charity from it.

7. mastereee says: Dec 17, 2013 7:32 PM

haha seattle got one upped hard here! nothin they can do will ever best this! unless they win 6 consecutive superbowls! haha what a bunch of nerds all seahwaks are!

8. aljack88 says: Dec 17, 2013 7:34 PM

Talk about bulletin board material. It would be interesting to find out how many ‘hawk players drive by that board on their way to “work”.

9. seahawksteven777 says: Dec 17, 2013 7:34 PM

49er fans still live in the 80′s and 90′s it appears. I mean, isn’t it a “what have you done for me lately” league? Last I checked, 49ers haven’t won anything of note since the 80′s and early 90′s.

To brag about past glory is like an old guy bringing up how good at sports he was. Nobody really cares and it’s irrelevant. Live in the past if you want but I’m just focused on THIS SEASON and the outcome of it.

10. chuckychucksteak says: Dec 17, 2013 7:36 PM

dont poke the bear, er… hawk.

11. illinininer says: Dec 17, 2013 7:38 PM

Your infatuation with the Seahawks is becoming unhealthy. Enjoy the playoffs, Mike!

12. meatcarroll says: Dec 17, 2013 7:38 PM

How utterly pathetic. This is why everyone hates Whiner fans. Can we PLEASE stop trying to pretend that the Seahawks and 49ers are a rivalry? It’s far too one-sided. Seattle’s closing in on its 6th NFC West title and 8th playoff berth in 11 seasons since the realignment in 2002, while the 49ers have been in the gutter with the Raiders and Lions for nearly all of that time frame. San Francisco is just a temporary, mildly amusing nuisance.

13. uberMensch() says: Dec 17, 2013 7:38 PM

I love this rivalry, and I’m not even a fan of either team! :-D

14. slbasegame257 says: Dec 17, 2013 7:39 PM

The Niner fans are just jealous that the Seahawks are going to be NFC West champions every year for the next ten or fifteen years now that the Hawks have a QB who is better than both Joe Montana and Steve Young ever were. GO HAWKS

15. mrwalterisgod says: Dec 17, 2013 7:39 PM

Seahawks at home: 42-13, 29-3 wins.

Niners at home: 13-6, 19-17 wins.

Game will be at CL… if the Niners manage to make it that far.

I think we know where this is going. Niners don’t have a prayer. That have to keep telling themselves they are “the big dogs” and that “they have rings”.

“If it goes without saying, don’t”. They could learn a little something from this.

16. natepalmer1 says: Dec 17, 2013 7:40 PM

Now this is funny…Yes Steve Young and Joe Montana are 2 of the greatest, and together 5 rings…But it took Kaeperdink to screw that up! He tarnished that image by losing a SB… Hahaha…The fact is, is that Seattle will beat Frisco again if they make it to the Clink for a playoff longshot! 40whiners 5-1…BTW most 40whiners fans can’t even remember when San Fran was a great team…

17. nybairn says: Dec 17, 2013 7:40 PM

Nice gesture to donate the extra money to the Children’s Hospital. As a Hawks fan I appreciate the thought. you’re still gonna lose 9ers, but I have to say I can’t wait to see the billboard. No complaints here.

18. wishingtonredslur says: Dec 17, 2013 7:41 PM

What a great idea, taunting in spirit of good competition with the extra proceeds going to an opponent’s children’s charity. Well played San Fran, well played.

19. isaiah007 says: Dec 17, 2013 7:41 PM

sf49ers 4 your problem is you dont get them at home after a monday night game. To beat them you got to up North and do it and I haven’t seen anything to make me think that is going to happen. BTW, I’m not a fan of either team, just telling you what I see.

20. jakec4 says: Dec 17, 2013 7:42 PM

Considering four of those trophies happened in the 1980′s this is hardly a good “in your face” tactic. It’s actually pretty lame.

21. trollsetter says: Dec 17, 2013 7:42 PM

They’ll have one after this season. Then what will niner fans say? The 49ers are Seattle’s red headed step brother. Own it.

22. Michelle says: Dec 17, 2013 7:42 PM

As a Seahawk fan, I could careless if they bought every billboard in the Seattle area (and not sure what the past Super Bowl wins have to do with the present team). It is just adding fuel to the fire and will lift the team and the 12th man into the Super Bowl. The Niners are a good team but I think the Seahawks are better. Go Hawks!

23. ialwayswantedtobeabanker says: Dec 17, 2013 7:44 PM

Man, I’m a Steeler fan – and I hope some of our crew doesn’t stoop to intervene on this. But I see it very much within the realm of possibility – given how many of us are wired.

So many Steeler fans make us all look like (unjustifiably) pompous d-bags. You see it on message boards, blogs, Twitter, whatever – people trying to equate NFL team success to personal accomplishments of their own.

Man, I hope we take the high road and just leave it alone – especially in a season like this. But I think we’ll hear or read about some segment of Steeler fans trying to start pounding their chests.

24. nagaswan says: Dec 17, 2013 7:45 PM

This isn’t the season to do this because the Seahawks are so roid raged up they are liable to do anything

25. blackfootkiller says: Dec 17, 2013 7:45 PM

Hey 9er’s fans…

Uncle Rico called…

He wants his shtick back!

26. jordache49 says: Dec 17, 2013 7:46 PM

49ers beat the Seahawks 2 weeks ago. wtf were you?

27. mackcarrington says: Dec 17, 2013 7:46 PM

Hmph…. hmph….. hmph…..

28. whodey420 says: Dec 17, 2013 7:47 PM

Sounds like something Steelers fans would do. Of course they’d have to take out 2nd mortgages on their doublewides to come up with $7000! Stay Classy San Fran! :)

29. operwapitsai says: Dec 17, 2013 7:48 PM

For some reason, I do not believe the Seahawks are truly that great. They will not win the Superbowl this year. bet.

30. seahawksteven777 says: Dec 17, 2013 7:49 PM

Is the billboard going to be in black and white? It fits the theme of old and irrelevant now.

31. kylexitron says: Dec 17, 2013 7:50 PM

Just fyi I live in Seattle, no criminal record, and have a disposable income. Don’t worry 12s, I will deface this garbage the night it goes up.

32. ultrawolf123 says: Dec 17, 2013 7:50 PM

Not sure Seattle is the team and crowd you want to give more motivation to, but at least the money for the billboard goes to a good cause so it will be met with little resistance.

33. timcast12 says: Dec 17, 2013 7:50 PM

I love this, it’s so funny

34. peopletrains says: Dec 17, 2013 7:51 PM

The Seahawks are the pesto of NFL teams.

35. bert1913 says: Dec 17, 2013 7:52 PM

phoney whiner fans remind me of al bundy. bragging about the past like it just happened, pathetic

36. dans761 says: Dec 17, 2013 7:52 PM

Most whiner fans don’t even know what a trophy looks like. Sure their parents and grandparents might but why brag about something you were to young, or not yet born to see? I’m flattered niner fans think so highly of us though! 7 grand though?! Niner fans are painfully jealous of the Seahawks future, all they have is VHS tapes from the past

37. timcast12 says: Dec 17, 2013 7:52 PM

That guy is really dumb… Wilson is not close to Joe Montana. Can you please be smart and realistic?

38. whodey420 says: Dec 17, 2013 7:52 PM

I posted that before I read your comment Ialwayswantedtobeabanker! hehe :) May be hope after all.

39. gosfvr says: Dec 17, 2013 7:53 PM

Niner fan here – this is just a stupid idea. Does not represent all niner fans.
    Just the pathetic fringe.

40. fumblenuts says: Dec 17, 2013 7:53 PM

49ers became a franchise in 1946, the Hawks in 1976. They have a 30 year head start. The Seahawks will dominate the rest of this season……..mark it.

41. hillbillyjim says: Dec 17, 2013 7:53 PM

If you want the hawks to see it maybe you should put it in front of MetLife stadium in February.

42. beastmode5150 says: Dec 17, 2013 7:53 PM

Ok, I want the niners fans that called out Seahawk fans for the flyover to hate on this also. Again though, what do trophies from 2 decades ago matter to the current teams again?

43. thestrategyexpert says: Dec 17, 2013 7:53 PM

4949centennial:

Yeah we see the picture here, save the money for the kids.

44. benjaminlake says: Dec 17, 2013 7:54 PM

This is funny. Not that original though as the Portland Timbers did this to the Seattle Sounders (buy a billboard outside of the Clink) earlier this year. I support Niners fans in this because anything that supports Seattle Children’s is fresh. Maybe us 12th man should donate as well.

45. calicokiller49 says: Dec 17, 2013 7:55 PM

It’s funny how Seahawks fans think they can buy bricks at Levi field, and fly banners over the stick, and since they are having a better year, we should not be able to mess with you guys back, gimme a break. And the Seahawks fan claiming this isn’t a rivalry niners are just a mild nuisance, clearly just started watching football, like a lot of these so called 12th men. Pretty sure niners went to the Super Bowl last year, and the NFC championship game the year before. And I’m pretty ure the last time we played, the niners won, wich is all the Seahawks fans wanted to talk about coming into the season. Obviously going to century link isn’t an ideal situation, but I know you guys are new to this, so I’m just gonna remind you the last team to beat you guys at home was….,,,that’s right , the niners. Oh. And florio once again you have astounded me, 1-1 in their last two games just scraeams unbeatable…l,

46. cakesw says: Dec 17, 2013 7:55 PM

Funniest thing on earth would be watching the Arizona Cardinals beat these two myopic teams back to back….

Better worry about the rest of the NFL Seattle and San Fran or it’s going to be a long off-season if “what ifs”

47. ripster65 says: Dec 17, 2013 7:55 PM

seahawksteven777 says: Dec 17, 2013 7:34 PM

——————————————-
    Uh…who was it that won the division the last 2 years? Who was in the last 2 NFCC games? Who was in the SB last year? Is that still to far back for ya? Who JUST beat Seattle 2 weeks ago? Is that recent enough?
    I said it before…

Since 2011 season:

# of Seattle victories over SF : 2
    # of SF victories over Seattle : 4

# of post season victories for Seattle the last 2yrs: 1
    # of post season victories for SF the last 2yrs: 3

# of NFCC games for Seattle the last 2 yrs: 0
    # of NFCC games for SF the last 2 yrs: 2

# of SB appearances for Seattle the last 2yrs: 0
    # of SB appearances for SF the last 2 yrs: 1

winner of most recent meeting: Do I need to say it?

You people are amazing…smh

48. kkalama1 says: Dec 17, 2013 7:55 PM

49ers gotta leave a mark in seattle somehow as they wont be able to playing in centurylink

49. pboy415 says: Dec 17, 2013 7:56 PM

So the niner fans are jealous? Look , we don’t don’t give a ….About the Seahawks .. Remember Seahawk fans, you guys started all this.. We’re just saying that you guys haven’t won anything EVER! Can’t argue with that

50. number1hawkfan says: Dec 17, 2013 7:56 PM

I like it. All the niner fans saying all we talk about up here is the niners need to take notice. Looks like you’ve been thinking about us as well. I love being hated. A billboard might not be the best idea though. For one, if you make the playoffs and have to come to Seattle I’ll sleep well the night before. We’ve seen that movie before. SPOILER ALERT!!! You’re gonna get spanked. Also, how long till someone climbs up there and does what needs to be done. I’m sure the authorities would look the other way while we changed your tired message. Everyone’s a hawks fan up here including our boys in blue.

51. nawlinssaints1956 says: Dec 17, 2013 7:57 PM

Game, set, match. Well played, Niners fans…

52. asimonetti88 says: Dec 17, 2013 7:57 PM

Unbeatable.. Except when the 49ers beat them?

53. game0fdrones says: Dec 17, 2013 7:57 PM

Does this mean Niners fans will stop knifing opposing teams fans now? Are the cavemen really evolving?

54. ketch20too says: Dec 17, 2013 7:58 PM

That’s funny. Stupid waste of money, just like flying the 12 banner, but funny none the less.

55. xxakshunxx says: Dec 17, 2013 7:58 PM

finally getting a good rivalry in sports.. not something thats just manufactured by espn to hype up an upcoming game

56. ballhawkers12s says: Dec 17, 2013 7:58 PM

At least the money that is left over is being donated to the Seattle children’s hospital. Now I have at little respect for the niners fans a heavy emphasis on little but I hope we meet in the playoffs with both teams at full speed. Also with all the players back from injuries so there are no excuses because it will be a good smash mouth game. I still wouldn’t give seattle any more ammo for the fire especially because niners will have to come in to the clink.

57. ivanpavlov0000 says: Dec 17, 2013 8:00 PM

I love it. It’s a friendly rivalry and fans on both sides are having fun. On top of that there’s money going to the children’s hospital.

And if anyone thinks something like this will impact the outcome of a game, they’re crazy. This is just fans having a good time with each other.

Regular season wins are nice, but the playoffs are what count!

58. asimonetti88 says: Dec 17, 2013 8:00 PM

Love when Seahawks fans talk about what have you won lately like they’ve won anything more than a couple regular season games lately.. Or ever.

59. kidsamoa260 says: Dec 17, 2013 8:02 PM

The niners got 5 Super Bowls? I must have missed that while I was ironing my Z. Cavaricci jeans and replacing my Swatch battery. Anyone catch last nights Friends episode? Are Ross and Rachel still on a break?

60. lennydpocketqb says: Dec 17, 2013 8:03 PM

I’m not a fan if either team. But Seahawks fans gotta understand… It don’t mean a thing unless you get that ring.

61. friscokid49 says: Dec 17, 2013 8:04 PM

This is stupid. Let us as Niner fans have some class and not stoop to the level of the Seattle trolls.

62. chawk12thman says: Dec 17, 2013 8:05 PM

Good on you SF……..However, Someone is likely to put some graffiti on the sign by putting the years they were won…….This is the NFL (Not For Long) and I wonder how many players on the SF team have a ring?

Bragging rights are still with SF until the Hawks do win the thing. I’m guessing that the Hawks win one before SF gets another one. At that point, Hawk Fans are going to go crazy and really be obnoxious to those who think they are over zealous already……….Get ready folks, here we come.

Go Hawks!

63. cascadehawk says: Dec 17, 2013 8:05 PM

I have no issue with the whiners living in the ancient past and buying this billboard.

What I do take issue with is those same idiots thinking they can come in the Clink and even sniff a win.

Not gonna happen, no chance. Colon Krapperdick’s wee wee shrivels at the thought of playing here.

64. hawkfanbutnotadouche says: Dec 17, 2013 8:08 PM

As a seahawks fan, I think this is awesome. Keep fueling the rivalry. Although that billboard is destined to be vandalized!

65. richarddmeier says: Dec 17, 2013 8:08 PM

49ers’ fans, how in your head are the Seahawks right now? Must be in your head if y’all are going to great lengths to get a billboard. Supreme respect shown right there.

“Fans don’t boo nobodies.”

66. rjmarrella says: Dec 17, 2013 8:08 PM

Actually, it’s a good barb thrown but the titles are too long ago and the down trend of the 49ers was epic.
    I still think the brick was a better play. Was more creative of a move.. The title counting from the 80s and 90s is a bit too much of a fall back…

Advantage Seahawks… Who are a better team, if not the nfc’s best.

67. demons851 says: Dec 17, 2013 8:12 PM

After Seattle loses in the playoffs, the city will go back to what they’re known for, suicides! Happy hangin Seattle!

68. blue18hutthutt says: Dec 17, 2013 8:15 PM

This is awesome! The gesture to help the Seattle Children’s Hospital is even better – at the end of the day it’s just a game and this is all in good fun. Sports needs more rivalries like this without losing perspective at the same time

69. brucetrimble says: Dec 17, 2013 8:17 PM

To the 49ers fans, pointing to a collection of Lombardi trophies won in the 80s and 90s but not since 1994 begs the question of “What have you done for me lately?”

70. alrocket says: Dec 17, 2013 8:20 PM

Haha I’m not a fan of either team but it sounds like both sides are having fun & enjoying their rivalry!

71. mrchubbs says: Dec 17, 2013 8:20 PM

The same billboard will have a single Lombardi Trophy on it with an answer to the question on February 3rd, 2014:

One…

…in this millennium.

72. jmorand47 says: Dec 17, 2013 8:20 PM

And here’s the ironic thing. The 49ers are 5 and 1 in Super Bowls. This current group of 49ers are responsible for the 1. Nice way to keep that tradition goin’!!

73. zenrooster says: Dec 17, 2013 8:21 PM

How original! … taunting your opposition in their city! #2weeksago

74. dukeearl says: Dec 17, 2013 8:24 PM

No worries here, I thought the “buying the brick” was silly.
    I think this is great as the money goes to the Seattle Children’s Hospital.

Well played SF, gotta say though, “best to let sleeping dogs lie”.

Good luck and I hope we see a rematch.

For me perfect would be the Seahawks playing SF and Carolina in the playoffs. Whichever order.

75. halkim says: Dec 17, 2013 8:24 PM

What bothers me most is the tacky design. Really SF? Is that the best you can do from a city filled with hipsters and gangsters?

76. hen510 says: Dec 17, 2013 8:28 PM

I can speak for the whole bay area when I say this…there are a lot more Seahawks fans in the bay area than 9er fans. So many johnny come lately’s around here. 9er fans are jealous cause the 12th man does it right. 9er fans brag about all the sellouts and blah blah…but we know its b.s. when harbaugh took over his 1st year when they played the cowboys it was a sea of blue in candlestick all these “9er faithful” sold there tickets for the last 15 year’s leading up to harbaugh. Now all these season ticket holders are gettin crapped on by the 9ers brass to re-up season tickets…100k for psl’s….really ? Watch in 2014 when they play in that new stadium. It’s gonna take a while for that new richer fanbase to shout…Awooo-woo-woo when they pickup a 1st down. You think this fanbase is snobby…haha just wa
    it and see how worse its gonna get…lame ass 9ers.

77. jonathonvirgen says: Dec 17, 2013 8:29 PM

I think it would have been hilarious doing the Dre Headphones commercial as a billboard… lol

78. seatownballers says: Dec 17, 2013 8:31 PM

Ill never sleep again

79. tobis81 says: Dec 17, 2013 8:33 PM

Clowns

80. grs27 says: Dec 17, 2013 8:33 PM

This is very cute and all, and the fans seem to be having fun, but the best rivalry in football (by far) is Ravens/Steelers. No signs needed, there is plenty of drama and action on the field during the game.

81. seatownballers says: Dec 17, 2013 8:34 PM

All the neighborhood kids can’t wait to tag it

82. sweetnlow44 says: Dec 17, 2013 8:35 PM

The funniest part about this is that all the 49er fans looked down their noses at Seahawk fans for the banner and the brick. Then they go and do something like this? I don’t have a problem with 9er fans doing this at all, it’s just hilarious to see the hypocrisy of that fan base.

83. tobis81 says: Dec 17, 2013 8:38 PM

HAHA, did everyone see the article from a SF paper in Bleacher Report??? There’s a big pic if the billboard with the caption. “49er fans to TROLL Seattle with billboard”. Yup, that about sums it up, LOL.

84. pgilbert2013 says: Dec 17, 2013 8:38 PM

Jimmy Zorn got robbed against the Raiders in 83. So my guess is if they beat the Raiders, they would have easily beat the Steelers and then Vince Faragomo and his Rams.

So that’s one Super Bowl. The bad call against the Steelers gives us two.

85. dans761 says: Dec 17, 2013 8:40 PM

Seahawks fans should now put a billboard outside the FauxtyNiners new stadium that says “Ahhh Oooo, Ahhh Oooo, Ahhh Oooo, Ahhh Oooo”.

86. ern215 says: Dec 17, 2013 8:41 PM

TYPICAL 49ERS , ALWAYS LIVING IN THE PAST

87. farvite says: Dec 17, 2013 8:42 PM

Since the $$$ goes to Children’s Hospital, I will ignore how incredibly lame this is.

88. pgilbert2013 says: Dec 17, 2013 8:42 PM

A bit of advice Seahawks. Don’t celebrate your Super Bowl win yet. I assumed my 49ers were going to beat the wild car Ravens, as everyone in the free world did when the Patriots played the lowly wild card Giants.

We’ll all celebrate your great fortunes in February.

You guys remind me of the receiver that does a jig in the end-zone even when trailing by 21.

Denver was all that until the Chargers beat them at home.

89. thereisfootballwestofjersey says: Dec 17, 2013 8:42 PM

Seahawks want no part of the Niners right now. None. Bowman OWNS Wilson. Wilson played like a scared 3rd grader last time they met. Niner coaches are so far ahead of Pete the Cheat and his hapless crew they haven’t even remotely begun to show their hand.

I cannot wait to see the look on their faces when the Niners truck them in the divisional round. Better yet, gamblers will get 6.5 free points on SF!! Talk about a gold strike!

You watch Seatrolls. Carroll will get hopelessly out coached when the games really count. He always does. It’s all on film

90. goldrush36 says: Dec 17, 2013 8:48 PM

Russel Wilson created the Earth too. Just ask the Hawks fans…

91. blackfootkiller says: Dec 17, 2013 8:49 PM

20 years from now they’ll be putting up a billboard about that time they beat the Super Bowl Champion
    Seattle Seahawks during the regular season back in 2013!

92. ninermoose says: Dec 17, 2013 8:49 PM

As a life long Niner fan I wish they’d just give the whole 8 grand to the hospital. The billboard idea is stupid.

93. stixzidinia says: Dec 17, 2013 8:50 PM

That’s funny, the “12th man” was nowhere to be found at Super Bowl XL. It was a sea of black & gold. Bunch of Johnny Come Lately’s with their acoustically-enhanced crowd noise.

94. Frazier28/7 says: Dec 17, 2013 8:57 PM

Packer fans were going to do the same in minnesota but that Old Milwaukee Best isn’t going to buy itself. And $8,000 could buy a lot of Old Milwaukee Best. A Lot.

95. badmoonrison says: Dec 17, 2013 8:57 PM

Im a Raider fan, not a niner fan, and normally the Bay Area teams cant stand each other, but I gotta give huge props to the niner fans for this one and rubbing it in the arrogant SEA fans faces. Love it!

96. steeltuff says: Dec 17, 2013 9:01 PM

This stunt will backfire on the Niners. You don’t do this sort of thing when the game will be in Seattle–where it’s tough enough for visiting teams to win, even without putting up bulletin board material for the players to see. Also, the Seahawks won’t be coming off a MNF game against New Orleans. Instead, they’ll be rested and ready for revenge.

97. 49erholic says: Dec 17, 2013 9:01 PM

For the SeaHAG fans saying what has the Niners team done lately? Played in the superbowl last year and more recent history, beat the Seadderal Seachickens two weeks ago.

98. billb49 says: Dec 17, 2013 9:02 PM

Nothing demonstrates the idiotic myopia of Seahawks fans like the following statement:

hen510: “I can speak for the whole bay area when I say this…there are a lot more Seahawks fans in the bay area than 9er fans.”

Unbelievable. A 63 year old franchise, one of the most storied in NFL history, and the first professional franchise in Bay Area history; a team with fans running from beyond the North to beyond the South bay, an area with over 8 million people. And some foolish Seahawk fan is so delusional that he’s convinced himself that there are more Seahawk fans in the San Francisco bay area than San Francisco 49er fans. That level of craziness is almost scary.

99. 5to46hawkfan says: Dec 17, 2013 9:04 PM

Hey HEN510, I’m one of those crazy 12 people in the Bay Area!!!
    GO HAWKS!!! What I find amazing is they could have used that money for the thousands and thousands of suffering kids in their own community… (I’ve seen SF and Seattle devastated children)
    But they choose to give it to Seattle’s children???
    Great support for your own community!?..Odd, to say the least!

100. dukeearl says: Dec 17, 2013 9:06 PM

stixzidinia says:
    Dec 17, 2013 8:50 PM
    ***************
    12th man goes everywhere currently.
    Often more noise generated from Seahawk fans at away games than by the opposing team’s fans.

Not a Johnny-come-lately when you have been working at it for such a long time.

Nothing about the Clink is enhanced. Stadium is designed to keep the noise in, but if the fans don’t create the noise in the first place, there is none to keep in.

101. long7575 says: Dec 17, 2013 9:06 PM

thereisfootballwestofjersey- You have to be the stupidest person on the planet! Getting blown out in Seattle and getting lucky breaks to win a home. That post just shows how delusional that fan base is! What excuses are you gonna have when Seattle puts a beating on you again. Bla Bla Bla just like when they lost the Super Bowl. Excuses excuses

102. dukeearl says: Dec 17, 2013 9:07 PM

badmoonrison says:
    Dec 17, 2013 8:57 PM
    ************
    I miss the Raider fans, I still remember Brian Bosworth selling the “Raider Hater” t-shirts.

Oakland and Denver were some nice battles back then.

103. haminator says: Dec 17, 2013 9:12 PM

seahawksteven777 says:
    Dec 17, 2013 7:34 PM

__________________________________

But at least they have 2 decades to go back to and relive as opposed to 0 decades. Unless you count – “We want the ball and we’re gonna score.” That’s memorable.

104. bert1913 says: Dec 17, 2013 9:13 PM

this is the best rival in the nfl!

105. kkalama1 says: Dec 17, 2013 9:15 PM

If the 49ers make it to clink they will get demolished. Its gonna be more funny when you guys get sent home and the sign remains for us all to laugh at every time we see it

106. badmoonrison says: Dec 17, 2013 9:17 PM

Why are the Seapigeons so arrogant and butthurt? They just got beat by the niners a mere few days ago. It wouldn’t take much for the niners to upset them in their “12th man” house. Theyre division rivals. Historically division games are close ones. The Seapigeon fans are just butthurt the billboard is on their territory. Get over it. You started it all by flying over the Stick with your airplane nonsense. How can you blame your rival for retaliation? Duh. Just cause the niners idea is more clever. I guess we’re just more intelligent as a whole in the Bay Area than in that rained out town up north.

107. dan1961 says: Dec 17, 2013 9:21 PM

Yes the 49rs have 5 Superbowl wins that happened a long time ago now they had to great quarterbacks back then unfortunately we saw what happened this last Superbowl without having Joe Montana or Steve Young at quarterback they lost their first Superbowl if I remember right they were not very good for a long long time before Bill Walsh and Montana showed up now the Sea Hawks have Pete Carroll and Russell Wilson maybe it is their time to win some Superbowls now.

108. dukeearl says: Dec 17, 2013 9:22 PM

thereisfootballwestofjersey says:
    Dec 17, 2013 8:42 PM

****************
    Seattle worries about one game at a time.

Not likely that SF will be favored over Seattle for any game that they might/might not play.

Both teams need to get there first.

The next tattoo that Kaep is going to get is “property of Seattle Seahawks”.

So good luck with that “owning” Russell. Kaep has looked far worse every time they have played.

This year: (at Candlestick)
    Top Passer
    SEA: R. Wilson 199 YDS 1 TD
    SF: C. Kaepernick 175 YDS 1 TD

Last game (at CLink) :
    Top Passer
    SF: C. Kaepernick 127 YDS 0 TD
    SEA: R. Wilson 142 YDS 1 TD

Injuries (or lack thereof) will decide the rest of the games for Seattle and San Francisco.

G’luck.

109. bigbaldpapahawk says: Dec 17, 2013 9:24 PM

That’s awesome for niner fans. Up until the NFL has the ads pulled for unauthorized use of the Lombardi Trophy image.

110. strongmackn says: Dec 17, 2013 9:33 PM

This is a little funny but getting old. Cool the 9ers gave a couple bucks to the childrens hospital. Hawk fans and 9er fans are getting a little overboard here though…

Cant believe theres people that get that into it.

111. ninersareyesterdaysnews says: Dec 17, 2013 9:34 PM

What? They’re not going to keep it real and claim last year’s NFCC Trophy on their billboard? Aren’t they proud of any of the accomplishments of their current roster? Hell no!

It’s going to be funny if Seattle wins it all and buys a billboard down in frisco to celebrate. I’ll be one of the first to chip in on that one! Then we’ll all have to hear how classless Seattle fans are…blah, blah, blah…

112. thebirdofprey2 says: Dec 17, 2013 9:35 PM

Wannabes

113. jdrewsy says: Dec 17, 2013 9:43 PM

Sticks and stones…. but lets count a 4 game cumulative score here: last game SF 19 Sea 17: September SF 3 Sea 29. Last year SF 13 Sea 42 and SF 13 Sea 6. Adding those last 4 games we get: SF 48 Seattle 94. Who has who’s number here? Go Hawks!

114. Mr. Wright 212 says: Dec 17, 2013 9:46 PM

Figures they would do this. Only chumps bring up past titles. I never bring up the Giants’ four until someone tries to play my team. SF has gone longer without a Super Bowl than DALLAS. And we all know how big of a joke Dallas is. Considering how so many people involved in the league (commentators, talking heads, etc.) have made it clear that the league wants SF in the playoffs — basically counting them in there, when they aren’t, and saying they “can” beat Seattle in Seattle — you have to wonder what the agenda is about. Only someone insecure and scared of a team would pull this stunt, attempting to psyche out their opponent (or psyche themselves into thinking they can beat them).

115. seahawksteven777 says: Dec 17, 2013 9:48 PM

ripster65:

Convenient you only use the past few years. Let’s go back to when the Seahawks first came into the division if you’re comparing wins vs each other.

Since 2002:

Seahawks wins over 49ers: 13

49er wins over Seattle: 11

Seahawks Division Titles: 5

49ers Division Titles: 3

Seahawks Superbowl Appearances: 1

49ers Superbowl Appearances: 1

See? The 49ers aren’t so glorious when it comes to this century. No wonder 49er fans bring up their glory days.

116. Mr. Wright 212 says: Dec 17, 2013 9:49 PM

Seattle fans should buy up billboard space with Janet Jackson in her “Control” era gear, with Kaepernick and Harbaugh’s heads next to it, and have the caption from the song, “What Have You Done for Me Lately” next to their faces.

117. cleesmith2 says: Dec 17, 2013 9:53 PM

Neither one of them are going to beat Denver, so the point is moot.

118. unitasftw says: Dec 17, 2013 9:56 PM

at least the niners didn’t cheat in the superbowl like the patruits

119. db9er says: Dec 17, 2013 9:56 PM

First off I am a life long 49er fan, 40 plus years. I think the billboard is a dumb idea. Give all of the money to charity. As for one of the above comments about the 49ers not having won anything of note as of late.
    Between the Seahawks and the 49ers, who won the division most recently? Who won the NFC championship most recently? And yes it has been a LONG time but who won the Super Bowl most recently? For that matter who one the last head to head meeting? Yes the Seahawks are a fantastic team this season but give a break. All I can say to the Seahawk fans is enjoy the run while it lasts. It never seems to last long enough. I have seen back to back Super Bowl wins and first over all draft picks. Enjoy the good times!

120. stagedoorjohnny says: Dec 17, 2013 9:58 PM

It’s great that most of the money is given to Seattle’s Children Hospital – that much is acknowledged.
    But the idea of this particular billboard somehow diminishes the legacy of the San Franciso 49ers a little and make their fans (or some of their fans) look somewhat petty.
    Flying a banner saying “Go Hawks” over Candlestick Park is nothing but a rally cry and harmless. This billboard just insults and cheapens what the great Montana, Young, Rice and company has done.

121. peopletrains says: Dec 17, 2013 10:08 PM

The Niners have looked absolutely terrible their last couple of games at Century Link. The fans should have just sent all the money to the children’s hospital instead.

122. mrjackson206 says: Dec 17, 2013 10:21 PM

Seahawk fans are hilarious. Sure this is a “what have you done for me lately?” type of league. And guess what the Niners HAVE done lately that you all haven’t??

-Appeared in the Superbowl despite losing it! Your team hasn’t!

-Won back to back division titles. Your team hasn’t, & even after you secure this year’s division championship you will still need to catch up!

-Beat the Seahawks in their last game!

EVEN IF OUR SUPERBOWL TITLES ARE IN THE PAST, GUESS WHAT?? WE HAVE 5, YOU HAVE ZERO. CATCH UP!!

-Won 5 championships since they’ve exsisted. Your team hasn’t!

-Posted a career winning percentage that is over .500..Your team hasn’t even if you include your record to this very day that this post is being written!

123. themagicalrighttestical says: Dec 17, 2013 10:24 PM

A word of advice to Seahawks fans from a Patriots fan. Don’t buy into the “unbeatable” talk from the media and yourselves. I know all too well from our 2007 season, and when the unbeatable gets beat it is pretty darn humbling.

It feels like this is a juggernaut Seahawks team, unlike I have seen since those Patriots (sorry Fetus Head Bronco fans) but as I can tell you, it only takes one team to get hot at the right time and knock you back to earth very very hard.

Good news is that there is no chance the 9ers will be that team to knock them off lol

124. iloveagoodnap says: Dec 17, 2013 10:25 PM

@meatcarrol. Lol dude despite the fact sf has had less playoff appearances, they still have the same number of sb appearances, and one more nfc cham appearance in that time. and neither have an sb win. so maybe you’re right that sf has nothing to brag about in that time. but seattle doesn’t either.

125. Johnny Chingas says: Dec 17, 2013 10:29 PM

Buy all the bricks you want…I’ve personally spoke to Levi stadium management about this and when they bricks are discovered they will be removed and the money forfeited since in the contract it specifically addresses putting other teams or disparaging or offense remarks…”12th Man” in this case would be considered offensive.

The team that’s never won always makes the most noise, because they’ve never been there before.

Until you win something you’ll always just be talk. I want to see the Shehawks and the 49ers in the NFC Championship game so we can put an end to this BS once and for all.

126. Great Caesar's Ghost says: Dec 17, 2013 10:30 PM

Seattle has a football team? Must be in the CFL.

127. multiplemiggs says: Dec 17, 2013 10:33 PM

12th man LOL . They think they control the games. Not only are they dumb, theyre NUTS. I cant wait until 20 years from now when we’re all making fun of their horrific traffic vest looking uniforms. LMAO

128. chawkup says: Dec 17, 2013 10:38 PM

I love it! It’s great. And very cool to make a donation to Children’s too. I’ve been a Hawks fan since around 1978 when my parents bought me a Largent jersey for Christmas. Still my best Christmas present of all time. We have zero championships. None. Fair to point out. But, trust me, when we finally do get one, I’ll appreciate it more than anyone can imagine. As for the Niners rivalry, it’s awesome. Makes both teams better, just like Ravens-Steelers did a few years ago. And the Niners are damn good. Respect!

129. swu32733 says: Dec 17, 2013 10:38 PM

Are the Whiners aware that the Seattle Metropolitans won the Stanley Cup in 1917?

130. kuranda84 says: Dec 17, 2013 10:46 PM

Haha! Seahawks fan here and I love it! I love the rivalry and the smack talk and the back and forth. This is good stuff for anyone w/ a sense of humor and who is level headed. This is what makes this the best sport on earth.

Merry Christmas to all you whiner fans. You’re all going to need a Christmas miracle when you come back to our house.

131. ratsfoiledagain says: Dec 17, 2013 10:48 PM

nickmiller63 says:
    Dec 17, 2013 7:26 PM
    **********
    I think this is cool. But, I do remember a lot of 9er fans on here stating such trivial things like this were beneath them when they found out some Seattle fans paid to have the 12th man flag flown over candlestick.

132. brooklyn40niner says: Dec 17, 2013 10:52 PM

Well, we are the gold standard of pro football. (no pun intended)

133. ratsfoiledagain says: Dec 17, 2013 10:56 PM

meatcarroll says:
    Dec 17, 2013 7:38 PM
    ***********
    What team do you follow?

The other day you stated you were a 9er fan, and a Giants fan. Now it looks like you’re a Seahawks fan.

You probably proclaim to be a fan of different teams just to stir the pot a bit.

134. ripster65 says: Dec 17, 2013 11:04 PM

Hawks have done nothing noteable but beat the 49ers twice in the last 3 seasons. I think SF has accomplished somewhat more than that. But go ahead and keep chirpin’…

135. db105 says: Dec 17, 2013 11:05 PM

natepalmer1 says:
    Dec 17, 2013 7:40 PM
    ———————————————————————————–
    Are you one of those people that think losing in a Super Bowl or championship is worse than not getting there? I bet your bank account reflects that.

136. cjtsanchez says: Dec 17, 2013 11:05 PM

I’m sorry but who has gone to the NFC Championship game the past two years??? Seattle fans you had the same exact team last year but you still didn’t get there. You haven’t ever won anything and you aren’t going to unless they start giving awards for most players suspended for PAD’s or most overly-hyped team. The 49ers are a dynasty with history and class that Seattle can simply not compare to, period.

137. realitycheckbaby says: Dec 17, 2013 11:09 PM

You should use that money to print up instructions to hand out at your home games so your fans will understand when to cheer and when to be quiet.

138. MikeBarbre says: Dec 17, 2013 11:11 PM

Yeah, we did just lose to them by 2 points two games ago. Oh wait, that’s after the Hawks destroyed them twice in a row, 29-3 in September and 48-13 last December. Convenient you’d forget that.
    Yeah, 5 Super Bowls. Cool. Congrats. Respect. But the Seahawks didn’t have anything to do with that. But here’s what we are a part of, though: 5 (soon to be 6) division titles compared to the Niners’ 3 since the re-alignment in 2002. We’re about to double you up. The division that was once dominated by the Niners is now dominated by the Seahawks. Thanks!

139. umphreysrules says: Dec 17, 2013 11:19 PM

lennydpocketqb says:
    Dec 17, 2013 8:03 PM

_________________________________________

That worked well for the Niners last year.

140. richiebburg says: Dec 17, 2013 11:19 PM

I love how Seahawks fans keep saying what have the Niners done lately… They were in the damn Superbowl last year (while the Seahawks were watching and wishing it was them) and could have easily won it. It doesn’t matter though… PEYTON F MANNING wins it this year.

141. duffer58 says: Dec 17, 2013 11:22 PM

The Niners and their cheating ways in 90′s. Paying Steve Young and Brent Jones illegal money under salary cap rules. Them and the Broncos also.

142. ninermadman says: Dec 17, 2013 11:30 PM

My advice. Don’t poke the bear…….especially in his own den. Should work both ways.

143. dirtysouthniner says: Dec 17, 2013 11:31 PM

To all u hawk fans who think itll be an easy game, you dont have namdi to pick on anymore. It should be a good game with or with out a billboard.

144. coolherc says: Dec 17, 2013 11:41 PM

How dumb is this? A billboard signage (for $7000) will last until the next advertisement goes up in about 2 -3 weeks. A $1000 brick will last the lifetime of the 49er’s new stadium (25-30+ years?).

C’mon, SF. You need to be a little more clever than that. This round clearly goes to Seattle.

145. ripster65 says: Dec 17, 2013 11:42 PM

Don’t get me wrong. I actually enjoy watching Seattle play. They’re a very solid team and unfortunately they’re in my favorite teams’ division. This, however, makes for the best rivalry in the NFL in my opinion. But honestly, some fans should hold off on acting like they’ve owned the NFL world until they actually do for any period of time.
    i.e.-> You’re FAR from comparable to some of the greatest teams of all time even if you DO win the SB this year. I’ll be the first to give the ‘Hawks their props. They’re a bad-ass team I’d rather not have in my teams division but man! the talk!

146. golforepar says: Dec 17, 2013 11:43 PM

Perfect! It’s just like the Vikings smack talking the Packers! Really??? Win ONE??!!

147. ripster65 says: Dec 17, 2013 11:44 PM

p.s.

I’d even go so far as to admit that I’d rather have Wilson than Kaep….(that comment might get me beat up).

148. originalsteelcurtain says: Dec 18, 2013 12:01 AM

Steelers have 6 but their fans have never stooped this low to flaunt their success.

How about just going to Seattle and winning a playoff game…a much better statement than showing off old hardware?

149. ripster65 says: Dec 18, 2013 12:08 AM

@hen510

—————–

Good god, I hope they don’t follow the Tx Longhorn model. “Come early, Be loud, Stay late”….(unless we’re not up by 30 at the half, then we hit Stubbs for bbq and some live music…).

150. ry49 says: Dec 18, 2013 12:23 AM

I’m loving the back and forth between the two fan bases. Who would have thought a few years ago this would be the best NFL rivalry? Good to see some money going to charity. One of these two teams is going to represent the NFC.
    Go Niners!

151. 6250claimer says: Dec 18, 2013 12:44 AM

I’m a bay area-raised Niner fan, and was there in Miami for the last trophy win.. sheesh, that was ages ago. This silliness reminds me of the Raiders’ preseason telecasts every year, where they show their group of rusty, tarnished old SB trophies, stuck in your face like they’re some sort of reigning dynasty. Hell even Jerry Jones has won SB’s much more recently. This Niner fan stunt is the same nonsense.

152. osoviejo says: Dec 18, 2013 12:44 AM

If Niner fans want to poke the bear, it’s okay by me. Just don’t go crying when you look down and your arm is gone at the elbow.

153. rublestiltzkin says: Dec 18, 2013 12:54 AM

I wonder if some of these 49ers fans understand how incredibly dense they seem to be here. One of these morons talked about how it’s back to suicides after the season is over for us. Really? You’re that low class, you’re gonna being THAT into a discussion about football? You need your head checked.

154. thepasswordis12345 says: Dec 18, 2013 1:12 AM

mastereee says:

Dec 17, 2013 7:32 PM

———————————

…nothing will ever best that, except winning the Super Bowl (and beating the Niners in the playoffs).

155. seahawksteven777 says: Dec 18, 2013 1:31 AM

Oh, and unless someone can actually name ONE thing that makes Pete Carroll a cheater, you calling him one makes you look uneducated. Heaven forbid he has actually turned the Seahawks into a Superbowl contending team. You might not like the guy but you just need to accept that he’s a pretty good coach.

156. svn2011 says: Dec 18, 2013 1:31 AM

Lame on part of the people who donated for this instead of donating for a charity- lot of needy people especially during the holidays and even lamer is this idea.

157. siggtacular says: Dec 18, 2013 1:34 AM

Ravens have two!!!!!!

Go ravens !!!!

XXXV XLVII

158. JSpicoli says: Dec 18, 2013 1:47 AM

Just crass. Niner fans talking about dust collectors that have nothing to do with this team. Typical weak sauce fans from SF.

159. jslim986 says: Dec 18, 2013 1:54 AM

4 things . To the idiot saying hawks fans weren’t in Detroit… The steelers fan base travels well always have IT WAS ALSO A 3 HR OR SO DRIVE 5 TOPS to get from pit to det. 2 we don’t care in Seattle about your trophies from the 80′s and 1994. 3 the sign will be vandalized and quickly. 4 yes we lost to SF… by 2 on the road. A loss but not a bad one. Matter of fact the last time we lost by more than 7 was 2011. There’s always any given Sunday but the hawks at home are something special.

160. rondayne33 says: Dec 18, 2013 2:03 AM

lolll meatcarroll….

what were you doing during the super bowl last year? Oh yeah, watching the Niners. but please continue bragging about “what the seahawks have done lately”…. bigger question is what have the done ever? 0 super bowls

161. joemontanafan says: Dec 18, 2013 2:36 AM

@seahawk fans. You’re tired of hearing about superbowls won 20 years ago but all you do is talk about the superbowls you haven’t won yet. That’s the difference. The whole what have you done for me lately bit is ridiculous. Let me ask you… What exactly has your team done lately? You haven’t won any superbowls, you haven’t even gone to a superbowl more recently then the 9ers. So what has your team done?

Oh and @meatcarrol – lopsided? Congratulations you won the division title when the entire NFC WEST was the doormat of the NFL. Going into the playoffs with a 7-9 record is really something to be proud of.

162. hendeeze says: Dec 18, 2013 2:53 AM

Seahawk fans tried to do the same, but quickly scrapped the idea once they realized they had only 1 lonely trophy for being the loudest cheerleaders in the NFL.

163. joetoronto says: Dec 18, 2013 4:14 AM

bert1913 says:
    Dec 17, 2013 7:52 PM
    **********************************************
    But at least it happened, Bert. It happened 5 times.

When did it “happen” for the Seahawks?

For you to say they’re pathetic, that’s amazing.

SMH.

164. housethatwalshbuilt says: Dec 18, 2013 8:57 AM

@hen510. If you think there are more hawks fans then Niner fans in the Bay Area Your obviously color blind, so your gonna have to look at the numbers on those jerseys. If it’s a 16, 80, 8, 81, 42, 52, 33, 21, 7, then they are a Niner fan. Intimidating list isn’t it? Especially when your looking down at the #12 on your chest, that dude’s not even a player.

165. grizz521 says: Dec 18, 2013 9:27 AM

How many 49ers players on today’s roster are wearing a 49er super bowl championship ring? NONE! All you 49er fans that live in the past go back and plug in a ‘Back to the future’ DVD and go pleasure yourself.

166. coolherc says: Dec 18, 2013 9:39 AM

joemontanafan says:
    Dec 18, 2013 2:36 AM

————————————————————

And now that it’s the best, most competitive division in football, they’re still winning (the division)…. and by 2 games, no less. What’s your point?

167. housethatwalshbuilt says: Dec 18, 2013 9:57 AM

@grizz521 almost had 52 of them last year, where were the seahawks? don’t think I was talking about our current team anyway but about the Bay Area fan base. This Niner team still has to earn the praise, just like the seahawks.

168. mrbigdog2u says: Dec 18, 2013 10:58 AM

How many 49er fans does it take to change a light bulb?

None. They just sit around and talk about how great the old light bulb was.

169. hen510 says: Dec 18, 2013 11:29 AM

It’s so funny how I can manipulate the “9er faithful” to prove my point….notice how not one of them disputed the FACT that they are a fanbase who sold there tix for the past 15 yrs, how they are snobby and its gonna get worse ?
    Hahaha…all they defended was that there were more 9er fans than hawk fans in the bay…PATHETIC. 9er fanbase is nuttin but a legion of bandwagoners. So easy to stir up the panties of these fools. Thanx again for proving my point for me…gives me more time to state the obvious

170. coolherc says: Dec 18, 2013 12:23 PM

richiebburg says:
    Dec 17, 2013 11:19 PM

———————————————————-

29 other teams were also “watching and wishing it was them”, not just Seattle.

So, if they (the 49er’s) could have *easily* won it all last year, why didn’t they? What excuse will you make for the 49er’s having not won the Super Bowl last year?

While you’re at it, given how dominate the 49er’s are, maybe you can also explain why/how the SF hasn’t been on top of the division standings since the 2nd week of the season. Maybe you can explain why they’ve been 2 – 3 games behind Seattle going all the way back to week 3, why they haven’t locked up a wild card spot yet (after all, this *IS* week 16) and why they’re in more of a competition with Arizona just to qualify for the post-season this year?

No worries… I’ll don’t mind waiting for your answer.

171. ailimusings says: Dec 18, 2013 12:34 PM

Touting multiple division titles. The trademark of a team/city who has won NOTHING. It’s better to have dusty trophies & rings than dusty empty shelves, amiright?

Let’s hope if Seattle does make it to the SB they win it this time. They’re still whining & moaning about SBXL.

Hawks fans, you amuse me. You guys stunk so bad the AFC kicked you out.

172. majorseahawk says: Dec 18, 2013 12:45 PM

Lol 9er fans always clinging to their past from like 20 years ago. How does it help you now if you’re lucky enough to make it back to Seattle? It doesn’t help you at all, Seahawks are unbeatable at home.

173. beastmode5150 says: Dec 18, 2013 12:52 PM

This Billboard won’t be going up. Paul Allen will just buy the Billboard space, and give the money to the Hospital. You won’t see this billboard, so move on to something else Niners, like trying to figure out how to make it back to Seattle to play, then not losing by 21+ when you get there.

174. belgaron says: Dec 18, 2013 12:55 PM

Remember the 80′s with goat boy?…that was really cool.

175. stagedoorjohnny says: Dec 18, 2013 2:11 PM

The 49er fans I’ve talked to had thought the idea of a billboard sign was a great idea with “Go 49ers” or something like that next to the Seahawks’ stadium. Something of a payback for the flying banner. That is, until they found out what the message was.
    Then they all were, to a tee, embarrassed.
    They told me these fans did not represent the true, long time followers of the 9ers whereas they have to always mention great championships of the past as to somehow make a point.
    The true, long time 49ers followers know this in their hearts.

176. coolherc says: Dec 18, 2013 2:12 PM

Joe Montana and Steve Young aren’t walking through that door, 9′ers fans. Sorry.

177. jdfrox says: Dec 18, 2013 8:54 PM

And on the past championships topic, let me say this. As a ravens fan we are very familiar with a fan base talking about past titles (got six?). They do mean something when compared to a team that has zero, regardless of the fact that they are 20 years removed from the last one. The 9ers are a legendary franchise in the NFL. But just as competing with the Steelers has required the Ravens to raise their game, so to will competing with the 9ers for the Seahawks. At the end of the day, division titles are nice, but only one thing matters and that is winning it all. It’s good to have high standards. So win one and then you can talk about how old and meaningless the 9ers titles are at this point. But until you win one, 5 titles, regardless of how old they are, give SF bragging rights.

178. irv629 says: Dec 19, 2013 4:26 AM

Educated, realistic and honest 49ers fan here. Based on their play during the regular season, it’s hard to argue against Seattle being the best team in the NFL. While obviously a stretch to call them unbeatable, they have proven to be just that when they’re at home. It is without question, the most difficult place to play on the road. Having said that, if there’s a team that’s built to knock them off in Seattle, those of you Seahawk fans have to believe it’s the Niners. If they can pressure Wilson and forxe turnovers, and establish the run, they have a shot. The same can be said for most NFL teams. I’m just saying, don’t get carried away and assume a spot in the Superbowl. It’s too hard to win in the NFL to do that. Lastly, to anyone disputing that this is a rivalry, get a clue. The margin of victory is irrelevant. Not only has it blossomed into arguably the best rivalry in football, it’s surely the most anticipated. Any fan of the NFL in general is hopeful that these two teams meet again in a few weeks. Go Niners!

179. juliusanonymous says: Dec 20, 2013 6:18 PM

Hey look, it’s John Candy!

180. db9er says: Dec 20, 2013 10:40 PM

I am a life long 49er fan. 40+ years. I had season tickets from 1979 until 1998. I have seen a lot of great times. I think putting this billboard up is stupid. This rivalry is about NOW. It has nothing to do with what happened decades ago. When the Hawk fans talk about “now” we look stupid to bring up something from years ago. I will always be a 49er fan, always. We need to play for right now! Can we beat the Seahawks at home in the playoffs? Yes we can. It would be very hard to do and we would need to get some breaks. It can be done. It might not happen but it will never happen if we don’t make it to that point in the playoffs. I will live and die with the 49ers. We might get our asses kicked if we play in Seattle but we will keep coming at them and go out fighting! NFC West! Go ahead, try and get past us!

181. iced107 says: Dec 23, 2013 5:25 AM

seahawks are unbeatable but they lost today LOL

182. whatjusthapped says: Dec 23, 2013 8:49 AM

The answer is zero, right?

183. legionofboom88 says: Dec 23, 2013 3:34 PM

Congrats whiner fans, you wasted $9K to have a billboard show your trophies for 10 seconds out of every minute in Fife, WA. (For those of you who live under a rock and don’t know how to use a map, it’s 20 miles south of downtown.)

YEAH WHINERS!!! WOOOOO

184. bornaraider60 says: Dec 24, 2013 12:33 PM

I Bleed Silver and Black ! So if a play off game falls in the Seahawk stadium Does it make a sound!!!!