On plane home, McCoy lied to Eagles about Cowboys game

McCoy Getty Images

The Eagles had a deflating loss in Minnesota on Sunday.  And when they were traveling home, the Cowboys enjoyed a 26-3 lead over the Packers.

On the plane, only running back LeSean McCoy had Internet access.  And he decided to have a little fun with his teammates.  And his coach and G.M.

McCoy told them the Cowboys had won.

“Because nobody knew except for me, so whatever I said they had to believe,” McCoy told Anthony Gargano and Ike Reese of 94WIP on Monday night.  “I was just joking with some of the players.  When I was talking to Chip [Kelly] and Howie [Roseman], I was serious.”

McCoy eventually confessed, and he said news of the Dallas loss gave the Eagles a lift after their own defeat.

“It definitely did [helped our spirits],” McCoy said.  “I didn’t feel like a loss either.  If you lose, you don’t want to talk. So, it didn’t feel like a loss, which is bad to say I guess.”

It’s definitely bad to say, because Philly’s loss ultimately became a lost opportunity.  If the Eagles had managed to win on Sunday, they’d now have a two-game lead over Dallas — and a win next Sunday night against the Bears would have made the Week 17 game against the Cowboys irrelevant.

Permalink 26 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Dallas Cowboys, Home, Philadelphia Eagles, Rumor Mill
26 Responses to “On plane home, McCoy lied to Eagles about Cowboys game”
  1. thestrategyexpert says: Dec 17, 2013 1:44 PM

That’s pretty funny.

But why would McCoy be the only person that could access the Internet? And I guess the coaches and GM don’t do any work or research on the plane? What do they do with their time on the plane I’m just curious.

2. ialwayswantedtobeabanker says: Dec 17, 2013 1:45 PM

Well, now we know why they call him “Shady” – dude can’t be trusted.

3. thepftpoet says: Dec 17, 2013 1:45 PM

Cute story McCoy.

Now tell the story about how the future dynasty Vikings scored 48 points with our backup QB & how much better Adrian Peterson is than you.

I’m guessing he forgot to tell that one to his buddies.

4. blitzskins says: Dec 17, 2013 1:47 PM

Anyone else find it odd that McCoy was the only one with access to the internet on the plane?

5. doctorrustbelt says: Dec 17, 2013 1:48 PM

Wake me when an old,, fragile, aging NFL veteran gets up to unfold his t.v. tray for dinner.

It would be much more news worthy and interesting.

6. andre504 says: Dec 17, 2013 1:48 PM

My question is why was he the only player/coach that had access to the internet?….

7. cwhat32 says: Dec 17, 2013 1:48 PM

Good story but we aren’t stupid enough to believe only one player had internet access.

8. ravenswhat says: Dec 17, 2013 1:49 PM

That wasn’t McCoy, he was hacked.

9. mad55555 says: Dec 17, 2013 1:50 PM

That is a funny joke. It’s also funny that the cryboys are 0-2 in December. The self fulfilling prophecy is in mid-form and will end this sunday against the racistskins. December in Texas…… It’s the best time of year. LOL

10. bdickey33 says: Dec 17, 2013 1:51 PM

The craziest thing about this story to me is how he was the only one with internet access. How does that happen?

11. louderthanwords1 says: Dec 17, 2013 1:57 PM

How did only Lesean McCoy have internet access? Seems like he probably embellished quite a bit and was maybe fooling a couple of people for a few plays but that doesn’t make a good story.

12. wwwmattcom says: Dec 17, 2013 1:59 PM

These children are well over payed.

13. ninersareyesterdaysnews says: Dec 17, 2013 2:02 PM

It might not feel like a loss, McCoy, but it’s a loss.

14. southpaw2k says: Dec 17, 2013 2:02 PM

thepftpoet says:
    Dec 17, 2013 1:45 PM
    Cute story McCoy.

I’m guessing he forgot to tell that one to his buddies.

—————————————————–

Tell me something – five years from now, when the Vikings still haven’t won a championship, are you still going to proclaim them as a “future dynasty”?

15. conormacleod says: Dec 17, 2013 2:02 PM

He sounds like a jerk.

16. jofig56 says: Dec 17, 2013 2:16 PM

Well, I guess the Cowboys choking made it OK for them to lose. Sounds like it explains the mentality in the NFC East…

17. proBirdie says: Dec 17, 2013 2:27 PM

The plane lost it’s GoGo in flight internet access. McCoy was getting texts from friends. At least that was Howie Roseman’s story on his radio show.

18. brettfavresmidget says: Dec 17, 2013 2:55 PM

No game against the Cowboys in December will ever be meaningful with Romo at QB.

19. britishteeth says: Dec 17, 2013 2:58 PM

thestrategyexpert says: Dec 17, 2013 1:44 PM

That’s pretty funny.

————————————————————–

I don’t know, maybe they actually have human interaction? Maybe they read a book? It may be hard for you to comprehend a 2 hour flight where you’re not staring at a glowing screen, but some people can get by just fine without them.

20. thestrategyexpert says: Dec 17, 2013 3:35 PM

britishteeth:

But human interaction can be coaching and developing at the same time. That’s called work too, even if it’s fun and casual. Still doesn’t answer my question. I doubt they walk around the plane a whole lot and talk to all the players, most people usually sit in one spot on a plane, so why read a book if you can read something that is related to football?

If some people don’t like to work on the plane and want to nap then that’s their choice. I’m just asking what it is that they do cause I have never been on a plane ride with an NFL team before. I just assumed that if I was a coach or part of a team that I would be doing something constructive to help the team, whether educating myself about something or some of the other players and coaches that need to have time spent with them. I think a good coach should look to have close interaction with as many players as they can, and that could be an activity furthered on a plane. You don’t have to stare at a blinding screen to do something constructive with that time.

21. shatho1 says: Dec 17, 2013 4:13 PM

he can lie to them again on the plane ride back home from Dallas after they lose the division to the cowboys!!! he can tell them it was a moral victory bcuz they made it to 8-8 this season GO COWBOYS!!! CUE THE HATE COMMENTS!!!

22. doe22us says: Dec 17, 2013 4:15 PM

Internet access or not i need 200 plus yards and 2 td’s from that you this sunday, makes it easy that the bears run D comes to town.. on the note of this story that’s a bunch…

23. Youknowimright says: Dec 17, 2013 8:16 PM

It wasn t funny when he smacked that girl on the party bus. Scumbag .

24. nayacasey says: Dec 18, 2013 10:46 AM

Sounds to me like McCoy was having fun with gullible reporters… like during the summer, when he was saying Michael Vick “cheated” when they had a footrace.

25. vintagedog says: Dec 18, 2013 12:11 PM

“Now tell the story about how the future dynasty Vikings scored 48 points with our backup QB”

======================================

But the 27th Century is soooooooooooooo far away!
    Leave it to an ignorant ‘Queens fan to comment on it!

26. suckit619 says: Dec 18, 2013 12:21 PM

I wonder how funny it will be after the Eagles lose again on Sunday night? They better hope the Cowboys lose again Sunday…