Vince Wilfork: “No question” he’ll return from Achilles

Patriots Falcons Football AP

It’s reasonable to worry about an extremely large, 32-year-old man coming back from a torn Achilles.

But the owner of the new Achilles in question, Patriots nose tackle Vince Wilfork, said there’s no reason to be concerned.

“I’ll be back. There’s no question in my mind. That’s not even a question,” Wilfork said, via Karen Guregian of the Boston Herald. “People can worry about it. But not me. I’ll be back.”

Wilfork hadn’t talked to reporters since his Week Four injury, but said his recovery was progressing well, and he expected to be out of a walking boot in a week.

“It’s always frustrating. The only thing I do, the only thing I know how to do is play football. And I can’t do it right now,” he said. “But things happen for a reason. The only thing I can do is prepare each day and try and get better with the rehab, and that’s what I’ve been doing. Take it day by day and hopefully, I’ll get healthy soon.”

The Patriots will need it, as having the middle blown out of their defense has been an issue since Wilfork and Jerod Mayo were lost for the season.

Permalink 15 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, New England Patriots, Rumor Mill
15 Responses to “Vince Wilfork: “No question” he’ll return from Achilles”
  1. iamozzie says: Dec 18, 2013 7:53 AM

Are the front 2 wheel of that cart in the air? He is a real big man.

2. phaktor333 says: Dec 18, 2013 8:13 AM

Damn, that’s a big cat. He was huge playing football…imagine how much he’s put on since the injury. I hope he puts in the cardio and conditioning work before training camp, because a guy that size is gonna struggle some when he’s back on the field.

3. solidarityrules says: Dec 18, 2013 8:25 AM

Patriots have perhaps a three year window to win another Superbowl. (Maybe two years after this year, when it ain’t happening.)

Bellichek should change strategy: instead of stockpiling picks for the future, he should be cashing in now and going for broke to win next year or the year after, while Brady and Wilfork are still around. The aim is to win it all, not to be competitive and win the division.

4. 6ball says: Dec 18, 2013 8:36 AM

The Patriots are going to have to use a high draft pick on a nose tackle in the very near future. Wilfork has played 10 years at a position that has multiple collisions on every down. At 32 years old and coming off achilles surgery, Vince is like a good car with a lot of miles on it.

5. jnbnet says: Dec 18, 2013 8:51 AM

Imagine how well the Patriots would have done if they had not lost Wilfork, Mayo, Wilson and Kelly. I know all teams have to fight through the injuries, however a couple of second teir players instead of pro bolw caliber guys on IR would have helped.

6. Chuck Norris says: Dec 18, 2013 8:51 AM

Cant wait to read the comments from all of the medical experts that also weighed in on the Gronk story yesterday…

7. realnflmaster says: Dec 18, 2013 8:57 AM

The buffet is too precious for this load.

8. 2001asterisk2003asterisk2004asterisk says: Dec 18, 2013 8:59 AM

I’d be in a hurry to recover and get back on the field if i was trapped at home with Bianca too.

9. thegronk87 says: Dec 18, 2013 9:00 AM

Honestly, all these injuries to the pats basically helping denver, without which the broncos wouldn’t stand much of a chance.

10. harrisonhits2 says: Dec 18, 2013 9:07 AM

Love Big Vince but can’t imagine he’ll ever have the same agility he did before and that was one of the things that made him a special player.

According to the homer press he’s put on a lot of weight which will make it hard to rehab and harder to get back as he was.

Its a shame. Vince was the best NT I’ve ever seen play. I remember quite a few times when he not only took on 2 Olinemen and won, but when he spread his arms wide and literally drove 3 Olinemen back on his own.

11. jimjets says: Dec 18, 2013 9:24 AM

I think I can speak for everyone here when I say we’ve missed this crazy kid this year! Hurry back big fella!

12. thegronk87 says: Dec 18, 2013 9:24 AM

The positive thing in all this is that taking a year off may prolong his career….keep him fresher for the last few years as a patriot.

13. Patskrieg dot com says: Dec 18, 2013 9:32 AM

solidarityrules says:

———————————————————–

The “stockpile” is gone. They cashed in to take Chandler Jones and Donte Hightower in the first round 2 years ago and it was a great move.

Outdated criticisms aside… LET’S GO 75.

14. patriots123456 says: Dec 18, 2013 9:33 AM

One leg looks bigger than Steven Riddley…

Vince has been eating very well…

15. harrisonhits2 says: Dec 18, 2013 10:53 AM

Patskrieg dot com says:

_________________________

Jones yes he’s been fantastic.

Hightower has been downright terrible this year, especially in coverage. He’d have trouble covering a crippled old lady much less the NFL receivers he has to go against at times.