DeMarcus Ware won’t let sore back slow him down

Orlando Scandrick, Matt Flynn, DeMarcus Ware AP

The Cowboys need all the help they can get on defense, and it appears one of their best players will be out there.

Defensive end DeMarcus Ware was limited in practice Thursday with a sore back, but said the stakes were too high for him to miss Sunday’s game against the Redskins.

I feel good, but at the end of the day, we know what’s at stake,” Ware said, via Calvin Watkins of ESPNDallas.com. “To be honest with you, this is the type of game — one of those playoff-atmosphere type games — its win lose or draw to me. I know my teammates feel the same way. We’re going to play that way.”

The Cowboys know they’re going to be without cornerback Morris Claiborne, and linebacker Sean Lee isn’t expected back either.

While they don’t have enough fingers to fill all the holes in the dam, having Ware on the field is a big step.

Permalink 10 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Dallas Cowboys, Home, Rumor Mill
10 Responses to “DeMarcus Ware won’t let sore back slow him down”
  1. nj22 says: Dec 20, 2013 10:38 AM

Dude, just go ice up the seasons over.

2. thehighhat says: Dec 20, 2013 10:43 AM

Well a bad back might not slow him down, but Monty Kiffin sure will.

3. andreweac says: Dec 20, 2013 10:47 AM

A lack of talent? Blame the GM!

4. blackqbwhiterb says: Dec 20, 2013 10:50 AM

Does he mean he’s going to stop playing like his back’s bothering him? Cause, uhhh, if I hear another commentator refer to him as a Future Hall of Famer, I’m gonna barf- he was dominant but hasn’t really been a force in 3-4 years…. Show me his huge performance coming through in a big spot the last SEVERAL seasons

5. richiebburg says: Dec 20, 2013 10:56 AM

I created myself in Madden last night. Honest creation of my height, weight, and speed. I ended the game with 3 catches for 13 yards.

6. stunzeed5 says: Dec 20, 2013 12:11 PM

As a skins fan I’d rather face a hobbled Ware over a healthy sub so thanks Demarcus!

7. cowboysallday says: Dec 20, 2013 2:18 PM

As crazy as it sounds I’ve been saying for years now that we should trade ware. Even though he’s a beast at rushing the passer sometimes, he’s too selfish of a player. You run a trap with the guard pulling to his side or a rb screen and it’s easily a 10 yard gain every play because he’s always running for the quarterback. TRADE HIM

8. ragingmouse says: Dec 20, 2013 3:27 PM

DM in Demarcus Ware really stands for:
    Demarcus Worn-out!

Rounding out the end of his great career…

9. kingpel says: Dec 20, 2013 5:22 PM

The window is closing, Jerry. Flex that muscle and get a big name coach in there. Guys like Ware deserve better than Garrett and Phillips.

10. kingpel says: Dec 20, 2013 5:24 PM

cowboysallday says:
    Dec 20, 2013 2:18 PM
    ……………………………………………………………

Or here’s a crazy thought. Get someone on the sideline who can COACH him.