League will look into whether Cowboys hid Romo back injury

Tony Romo AP

After Sunday’s win over the Redskins, both owner Jerry Jones and quarterback Tony Romo suggested that Romo entered the game with a back injury.

The only problem?  Romo wasn’t listed on the injury report.

“We will look into it,” NFL spokesman Greg Aiello told PFT via email regarding Romo’s absence from the injury report.

Helping the Cowboys is the fact that Romo played, and that he didn’t seem to be affected by the injury, even after he tweaked the back.  Still, if Romo had an injury and it wasn’t disclosed, that could be a problem for the Cowboys.

Permalink 22 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Dallas Cowboys, Home, Rumor Mill
22 Responses to “League will look into whether Cowboys hid Romo back injury”
  1. thingamajig says: Dec 23, 2013 6:18 PM

Romo played a game in December that the Cowboys actually won and the’re going to check if he was injured? If he was he should start every game in December and January with a back injury.

2. dccowboy says: Dec 23, 2013 6:19 PM

I suppose they’ll ‘look into it’ with the same diligence that they’ve ‘looked into’ the Pats propensity to not report injuries.

3. brudog says: Dec 23, 2013 6:21 PM

There should be a heavy fine and/or loss of a draft pick for this.

4. viper0290 says: Dec 23, 2013 6:23 PM

I don’t understand why hiding injuries is a problem? Can someone enlighten me

5. JSpicoli says: Dec 23, 2013 6:24 PM

What would be more important? Protecting the health of a player by not allowing the competition to focus on where they are hurt, OR… Giving accurate injury info prior to the game so that Vegas and the gamblers are happy? Make money.

You can see where they emphasis for this league is by following the cash. Homey

6. jimnaizeeum says: Dec 23, 2013 6:32 PM

Hide an injury, pay the price

7. quadya says: Dec 23, 2013 6:34 PM

Vegas

8. bcdc26 says: Dec 23, 2013 6:41 PM

Believe it or not, I think Romo being out improves the Cowboys chances for this game. I have to figure that without Tony they’re going to lean more on the run, which is actually pretty good. Murray is averaging 5.36 yds per rush and has 9 TDs on the ground. With Romo in, they’re way too willing to air it out. Running will be there best chance, because it would hopefully chew up time and keep it out of Foles’ hands. That all said, I still think the eagles will win because Dallas’ D can’t stop any running back and now they’re facing the league’s leader in McCoy. I’m just saying I think Romo’s injury improves their chances somewhat.

9. kmack831 says: Dec 23, 2013 6:44 PM

Jerry JONES-er even said if they are Underdogs and lose a game its “OK” since they were projected to lose!!

Got to get the boys in VEGAS/CHICAGO/ Happy (La familia) since that keeps USA Betting and Watching football.

Circle of Life!

10. schlippsguysnightout says: Dec 23, 2013 6:50 PM

Hey, they can run the ball now

11. m3dman3 says: Dec 23, 2013 6:57 PM

So if this is true the team will be looking at, at least a $250,00 fine and loss of draft picks. As well as suspensions. Perfect opportunity for the NFL to showcase that they are taking player safety seriously.

12. purpleguy says: Dec 23, 2013 6:58 PM

I can’t believe I’m saying this, but Jerry Jones may be a lot of things, but I have a hard time considering him any more devious than any other NFL GM/owner.

13. coltsreign says: Dec 23, 2013 7:12 PM

Why doesnt dallas trade romo for RGiene.
    See dallas can get a legit gb while washington can simply throw picks gallor and get a good draft position

14. tipstopten says: Dec 23, 2013 7:14 PM

Well, if does not play he will not CHOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. akboot says: Dec 23, 2013 7:16 PM

Jerry, you said you don’t need a gm b/c you are the one who sighs the checks for all the players anyway, correct? Well you sign the h/c checks too don’t you? Don’t come down on the field in the 4th qtr. Come down at the start of the game and call the plays. You don’t need a head coach according to your philosophy. Hell, make it a one man show if you’re so football smart. You make zero sense in your commitment to the cowboys.

16. tvjules says: Dec 23, 2013 7:23 PM

Exhibit A:
    Didn’t Garrett call it a “foot injury” after the game?

Solution: Suspend their GM indefinitely, and fire the weasel coach.

17. detroit20iron says: Dec 23, 2013 7:27 PM

I think it is blown out of proportion. I really do not care for the cowboys but this is dumb.

18. Eli on Injured Reserve says: Dec 23, 2013 7:49 PM

Will the League fine Romo for not rolling his sock up after the injury?

Seems to me, the League has fined many a wide receiver for not having their socks pulled up all of the way, and Romo’s was all the way down to his ankle for several plays.

Fair, firm & consistent is what the League is always preaching, we’ll see if that’s the case with their Golden-Boy.

19. alshonbrandontandem says: Dec 23, 2013 8:06 PM

Is this the forum where we make fun of Tony Romo? Hope I’m not late

20. mrba4775 says: Dec 23, 2013 10:17 PM

the league can look all they want. jerry jones is one of the most powerful owners of the nfl that can tell the Commissioner where he can stick the league looking into not reporting the injury prior to the game. I think romo has been hurt everysince the cowboys played the vikings back in november. since that game romo has not played well, in addition, to the collaspe of the defense without sean lee. i also agree that the cowboys can upset the iggles on sunday nite. the iggles will have to game plan for a different style qb who has started for 3 nfl teams during his career. so all u chicken littles who think the sky is falling, come back next week when the Dallas Cowboys will be preparing for their playoff game, after winning the nfc east. a wounded team is a dangerous team. remember the iggles lost a viking team that was without a. peterson. go cowboys playoff bound!! I predict the cowboys beat the iggles 28-21, u can take it 2 da bank!!

21. phillyphannnn83 says: Dec 23, 2013 11:36 PM

Please, someone enlighten me as to how Orton is a different style QB from Romo. Last I checked they’re both traditional, non-scrambling pocket passers. This isn’t Vick vs Foles or RGIII vs Cousins here.

And those of you who keep bringing up Minnesota, I have one word for you…aberration. You say they lost to Minnesota with no AP, news flash, they beat a Chicago team WITH Matt Forte and every single other starter. They’re 6-1 in their last 7 games so tell me, which game do you think is the real Eagles?

22. shatho1 says: Dec 24, 2013 2:21 PM

And those of you who keep bringing up Minnesota, I have one word for you… aberration. You say they lost to Minnesota with no AP, news flash, they beat a Chicago team WITH Matt Forte and every single other starter. They’re 6-1 in their last 7 games so tell me, which game do you think is the real Eagles?

newsflash…. when they played the vikings they played a defense that looked pretty good that day, when they played DA Bears they played a team with no rush defense that’s a big difference. when they played the cowboys they played a no name defense that kept McCoy to 55 yards and kept Foles n check that same no name defense just might do it again so then everyone will see who the real eagles are come Sunday! GO COWBOYS!!!