Bengals have 10,000 tickets to sell for Sunday

flacco_sacked_20131230053404_320_240 Getty Images

The Colts aren’t the only wild-card team with worries of a weekend blackout.  The Bengals currently have even more tickets to sell.

According to Joe Reedy of the Cincinnati Enquirer, a “brisk” Monday of transactions still left the Bengals 10,000 seats short of a sellout for Sunday’s playoff game against the Chargers.

“We had a good day but it is just going to have to continue through the night and hopefully continue to have a strong response over the next couple days,” Director of Sales and Public Affairs Jeff Berding told Reedy.  “It can’t let up.  We have to continue to have the type of day we had today every day this week.”

Mayor John Cranley has joined the effort to fill Paul Brown Stadium, where the Bengals are 8-0 this season.

“It’s going to be a great week for Cincinnati, so I would ask all of you to help me make it a great city by doing what I did,” Cranley said.  “I personally bought two tickets today and I’m asking all of you to come down and show your pride for the Bengals, show your pride for downtown, show your pride for the wonderful team that Marvin Lewis has put together.”

Despite the unbeaten mark at home, the Bengals haven’t won a playoff game since January 1991.  Nine years earlier, the Bengals qualified for their first Super Bowl by beating the Chargers under frigid conditions in Cincinnati.

Permalink 120 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Cincinnati Bengals, Indianapolis Colts, Rumor Mill, San Diego Chargers, Top Stories
120 Responses to “Bengals have 10,000 tickets to sell for Sunday”
  1. foosball1984 says: Dec 31, 2013 11:03 AM

oh lord thank you, i went to the game this past sunday and it was awesome, and me and a few of my buddies were hoping we could get some tickets for this weeks game, i guess we can.

2. josh4519 says: Dec 31, 2013 11:06 AM

So it’s not just San Dieagians (Anchorman) who hate watching the chargers.

3. ajgreenhof says: Dec 31, 2013 11:07 AM

Go Bengals!

4. crownofthehelmet says: Dec 31, 2013 11:07 AM

This is most likely due to their last 2 opening round playoff appearances. And since nothing significant has changed…

I’m glad the Steelers don’t have these issues.

5. nflhof says: Dec 31, 2013 11:09 AM

Maybe the Raiders can let the Bengals borrow their tarps and cover up the empty seats?

6. ravanator says: Dec 31, 2013 11:09 AM

Bengals fan base is weak. WEAK!!!!! Ravens stadium is always packed from the start of the game till the final whistle. History question, When were the Bengal last relevant? Answer, Never!

#ravensownthenfl

7. bishopbengals says: Dec 31, 2013 11:10 AM

What I find interesting is that the only blacked out game this year was I believe the Bengals @ Chargers game. I would love to go but I live in Dallas and I’m broke. :(

8. indytom87 says: Dec 31, 2013 11:10 AM

Packers have 15,000 tickets..waiting for that headline…

9. greshaaa says: Dec 31, 2013 11:11 AM

I would love nothing more than to go to the Bengals game, but I can’t afford 100 bucks for the cheapest tickets. We’ll see what happens to the prices as it gets closer.

10. Joemontanaflacco says: Dec 31, 2013 11:11 AM

Best Buy ought to raise the price of an HDTV since the only effort Bengals’ fans want to exert is picking up a remote and a bowl of Cheetos.

11. csilojohnson says: Dec 31, 2013 11:12 AM

Lol Wouldve been sold out Sunday if the Chiefs and Refs didnt snub the Steelers.

12. rodvmunchiii says: Dec 31, 2013 11:13 AM

As a Bucs fan I’d like the idea of having to worry about a blackout in the playoffs.

13. jakec4 says: Dec 31, 2013 11:14 AM

Who Dey? Dey a fanbase that should be ashamed of themselves. The Bengals have been in the playoffs three straight years. Get over the spite for the owner and support your team.

14. The League's Crusade Against The Steelers Continues says: Dec 31, 2013 11:14 AM

This is just sad. A playoff team can’t garner enough support to fill seats. The Browns suck, but you never see this headline.

15. iloveagoodnap says: Dec 31, 2013 11:15 AM

These headlines are nothing but bating jealous and caustic fans of other teams to point the “youre terrible fans” finger.

Tickets just recently went on sale for all playoff games, its only Tuesday and the game is Sunday. All of the playoff games will sell out. Period. It is possible that there are plenty of fans out there who just (Gasp!) have had a lot else going on and havent gotten the chance to score tickets yet. I know for those of you who spend ever waking minute on this site hitting refresh so you can play the role of know-it-all from behind a computer screen may have a hard time grasping that concept.

16. uncletuna says: Dec 31, 2013 11:16 AM

Who dey not going to the game?!?

Who dats would have that…

17. rodvmunchiii says: Dec 31, 2013 11:16 AM

So would I rather pay ridiculous high ticket costs to sit out in the cold or stay home and watch the game on my 100″ theater screen? Humm…

Sure, most of you peasants don’t have 100″ screens yet – but it’s only a matter of a few years until everyone does. The NFL will have a big problem on its hands in the future unless it figures out how to properly present the game in the stadium – and that doesn’t mean playing sound effects after every play and giving out free wifi so half the crowd is looking at their phones.

18. doctorrustbelt says: Dec 31, 2013 11:16 AM

There will be a lot more empty seat in pittsburgh and baltimore on Sunday.

LOL!!!

19. ToddHaleysSpiderInfestedHouse says: Dec 31, 2013 11:17 AM

Another reason why one of these small-market franchises should be moved to London, where they would have no issues selling out playoff games!

20. natijim235 says: Dec 31, 2013 11:18 AM

fact that chargers are 2,000 miles and won’t have many fans traveling hurts too

21. doctorrustbelt says: Dec 31, 2013 11:19 AM

I love the Bengals… but… I won’t set foot into that stadium until mike brown dies.

22. jacksonjames4 says: Dec 31, 2013 11:19 AM

Wow, great fan base

23. bowdowntothebengals says: Dec 31, 2013 11:20 AM

To all Steelers & ravens fans.
    Enjoy watching the AFC NORTH CHAMPION “BENGALS” in the playoffs from your COUCH.
    We are the Champions, DON’T FORGET IT!
    HahahHa

24. rutchaser says: Dec 31, 2013 11:21 AM

Everyone relax. This game will sell out. I stay at home to avoid the idiots. I also cant stand the sight of grown men wearing another man’s jersey. Sorry I know a lot of you do.

25. gallopinggilmore says: Dec 31, 2013 11:22 AM

Why is this news? Seriously? This is not the only team in the league that has trouble selling out. If the journalist spent as much time paying attention to the Bengals the last few years as they do the ticket sales, their rise to dominance wouldn’t be nearly as surprising and unbelievable to them.

26. chawk12thman says: Dec 31, 2013 11:24 AM

Seahawk Tickets for the 11th go on sale in just over an hour. My guess is that they sell out before the day is over. No black out issues on the N.W. Coast.

27. hakunamangata says: Dec 31, 2013 11:24 AM

Dear Cincinnati,

This is why you can’t have nice things.

28. jrs45 says: Dec 31, 2013 11:25 AM

Those 10,000 fans know that they are gonna choke like they always do. Horrible fans!

29. peytonwantsaflag says: Dec 31, 2013 11:26 AM

Don’t buy it – the team announced last Thursday they had 10,000 tickets available. What? they didn’t sell any tickets at all in the last 4 days. It’s a sales tactic.

30. doctorrustbelt says: Dec 31, 2013 11:26 AM

I’ve been jaded by crappy Bengals owner mike brown’s poor management (and cheapness) and the worst stadium deal in U.S. history.

31. heyguru1969 says: Dec 31, 2013 11:26 AM

Throwing 4 picks against a very average Ravens team will certainly up the apathy factor, regardless of where your team is.

32. z06vision says: Dec 31, 2013 11:26 AM

Bengals are chanpions of what? Did they play in this years superbowl yet? What a weak fan base they have.

33. robf2010 says: Dec 31, 2013 11:26 AM

“Tickets just recently went on sale for all playoff games, its only Tuesday and the game is Sunday.”

The Bengals probably had permission to sell playoff tickets 3 or 4 weeks ago to their season ticket holders. What went on sale yesterday and today are the unsold playoff tickets.

34. JSpicoli says: Dec 31, 2013 11:27 AM

America’s game my ass

35. baltimoresnativeson says: Dec 31, 2013 11:27 AM

Man Cincinnati sucks. Division champs or not.

CBS tried to show something interesting about Cincinnati during the game and they showed a lady making a chili dog.

36. JSpicoli says: Dec 31, 2013 11:27 AM

Golden Goose almost run dry

37. ColtsWinColtsWin!! says: Dec 31, 2013 11:28 AM

OMG their owner must be a drunk madman and their fans all must suck……Or its Tuesday! #nonstory!!!

38. richiebburg says: Dec 31, 2013 11:28 AM

rodvmunchiii says:
    Dec 31, 2013 11:16 AM

Sure, most of you peasants don’t have 100″ screens yet – but it’s only a matter of a few years until everyone does. The NFL will have a big problem on its hands in the future unless it figures out how to properly present the game in the stadium – and that doesn’t mean playing sound effects after every play and giving out free wifi so half the “crowd is looking at their phones”.

^^hahaha I think it’s hilarious when I go to a sporting event and every person is looking down at their phone.

39. jimiinpa says: Dec 31, 2013 11:28 AM

Super Bowls
    steelers 6-1
    ravens 2-0
    bungles 0-2 and can’t even sellout a home playoff game

40. baltimorons says: Dec 31, 2013 11:29 AM

The cincy folks are smarter than I thought. Would you want to watch the hapless bungholes get demolished by the even more pathetic San Diego Chargers?

41. doctorrustbelt says: Dec 31, 2013 11:30 AM

2012: Cincinnati Bengals end pittsburgh’s playoff hopes

2013: Cincinnati Bengals end baltimore’s playoff hopes

*THE Andy Dalton

42. steelcurtainn says: Dec 31, 2013 11:31 AM

If the Bungles would have been playing the steelers this weekend like they should have they wouldn’t have that problem.

43. micknangold says: Dec 31, 2013 11:33 AM

What kind of fanbase blows off a home playoff game?

44. doctorrustbelt says: Dec 31, 2013 11:35 AM

LOL!!!

The steelers stadium was almost empty the final three home games.

LOL!!!

45. camdenyard says: Dec 31, 2013 11:35 AM

Pathetic. Nothing else to say.

46. israeli1981 says: Dec 31, 2013 11:36 AM

MAN, you Bengals fans in Cincy get off your rear-ends and buy those tickets!! I’m a Bengals fan in Texas and if I lived there I would buy tickets for me and a few friends!

Do you guys even realize how big the crowd is for the defense? Bengals “fans” living in the area better be ashamed of themselves if this doesn’t sell out.

47. newagerocker says: Dec 31, 2013 11:38 AM

I’ve been on the waiting list for Eagles season tickets for about 6 years. For Eagles vs Saints, the tickets are going through the roof. A seat on the 40 yard line Row 11, with a face value of $130 is going for over $1600, which is stupid. But how any franchise can have thousands of unsold tickets to a home playoff game is beyond me and an embarrassment. The entire marketing department of The Colts and Bengals should be fired.

48. chargerdillon says: Dec 31, 2013 11:41 AM

This has to be the Chargers fault!

49. crownofthehelmet says: Dec 31, 2013 11:41 AM

After watching an afcn team dominate the afc side of the playoffs 2 out of the last 3 seasons, this year will be tough to stomach.

50. 12strikes says: Dec 31, 2013 11:42 AM

Bengals fans to the owners:
    “Fool me once shame on you , fool me for decades shame on me”.

I don’t blame the fans for not buying the tickets.

51. israeli1981 says: Dec 31, 2013 11:42 AM

Oh, and if you’re in the Cincy area trying to validate not going to the game with anti-Mike Brown stuff or whatever, that’s fine, but don’t call yourself a Bengals fan. It’s Cincy’s team, it was before Mikey, it will be after Mikey. The defense poured their hearts out every game this year – especially at home with crowd support. They deserve a sell-out.

52. doctorrustbelt says: Dec 31, 2013 11:42 AM

65,500 empty seats on Sunday = heinz field

71,008 empty seats on Sunday = m&t bank stadium

53. pookeye says: Dec 31, 2013 11:44 AM

Its sad that Cincy cant get their stadium filled, while cleveland fans fill theirs and are watching garbage… something is not right here.

54. rodvmunchiii says: Dec 31, 2013 11:51 AM

There may not be 70,000 people still in Cincinnati in winter, did any of you think about that? I mean come on people – it’s Ohio. They no longer have any industry, they have a strongly declining population and the owners pump up the cost of playoff tickets and how is the average Obama voter supposed to afford tickets if they’re not being given away. I mean even LeBron leaves that dump of a state in the fall/winter/spring and every 5th person you see in Florida is from Ohio (the 4 are from NJ, NY, WI and MI).

55. ravensdominate says: Dec 31, 2013 11:52 AM

What a joke of a franchise. You’re only where you are because the Ravens are in a Super Bowl hangover. You know what that us bengals fans?? No you don’t because you’ve never won a Super Bowl. Losers.

56. upperdecker19 says: Dec 31, 2013 11:53 AM

Who Dey gonna buy dem tickets?

57. quickstrong says: Dec 31, 2013 11:54 AM

weak team history so no traditional fan base. The owner will buy the tickets and the stadium will look empty as usual.

58. lahusk says: Dec 31, 2013 11:55 AM

I’m a Brit who bleeds black and orange, I live on a small island between Ireland and the UK. If I could get to the game I wouldn’t hesitate to buy tickets for myself and my family’ and friends. I’d love nothing more than cheer on my beloved Bengals in a playoff game. Would go to every game and practice and any and every Bengals event of I could. But, alas, can’t :( Who Dey!

59. jayniner says: Dec 31, 2013 11:59 AM

Take those PS4′s and Xbox One’s you just bought your kids, return them for cash, and go buy yourselves some playoff tickets!

Merry Christmas to you!

60. lahusk says: Dec 31, 2013 12:03 PM

I’m a Brit who lives and breathes for the Bengals. I live on an island between Ireland and Britain. I wouldn’t hesitate to buy tickets to a Bengals’ playoff game!! Or indeed any game or practice or event. I wish I could! But alas, geography prevents it. So very jealous of you folk who live nearby and can go, even if it costs you a lot of hard-earned cash to get there and have a fantastic time. Who dey!

61. raiders85 says: Dec 31, 2013 12:05 PM

Trying to make the chargers feel at home Isee but they will need at least twenty thousand empty seats and ESPN buying them to create the real feel of a chargers game

62. azarkhan says: Dec 31, 2013 12:07 PM

It’s amusing that Steeler and Raven fans are crawling out from under their rocks to criticize the Bengals. Did the Ravens or the Steelers make the playoffs? Didn’t think so…LOL.

63. thegregwitul says: Dec 31, 2013 12:12 PM

This is ridiculous. One blackout throught the entire NFL during the regular season and we are faced with two playoff game blackouts in one week…pathetic.

64. steelcurtainn says: Dec 31, 2013 12:13 PM

Trust me if the steelers were playing this weekend it would be full of steeler fans. Steeler fans travel for the playoffs. Lets see if the Bungles can represent the AFCN. I wouldn’t mind seeing them win one playoff game for the first time in 20 years or so. I almost feel bad for the fans. At least, the ravens(after talking smack all season) are sitting out home this year (where they belong) behind the steelers in 3rd place.

65. prostock75 says: Dec 31, 2013 12:18 PM

“Ravens stadium is always packed from the start of the game till the final whistle. ”

There were approximately 14 people left in the stadium when the Ravens scored the go ahead TD with seconds left against Minny a few weeks ago.

66. dengefever63 says: Dec 31, 2013 12:18 PM

I would love nothing better than a black out…
    -Cincinnatian

67. ravensfan410 says: Dec 31, 2013 12:18 PM

Bengal fans have no room to talk. No super bowl rings. Big deal they made the playoff three years in a room. They choked in the first round. The Ravens were Super Bowl champions. San Diego is going to beat the Bengals anyway.

68. oruacat2 says: Dec 31, 2013 12:25 PM

While we appreciate the concern, you guys should stop worrying – the game will not be blacked-out in the Pittsburgh, Baltimore, or Cleveland markets.

Oh, and it’s only Tuesday.

69. acerockefellar says: Dec 31, 2013 12:26 PM

Lol look at all these jealous ratbird and stooler fans.

The bengals kept the ravens out of the playoffs and the steelers fans feel like they are owed a playoff appearance due to 1 play at the chargers-chiefs game.

Guess what? Maybe the stoolers should play better,and not rely on other teams to give you a boost.

rings rings rings… blah blah blah…

The Bengals are the team of the future in the AFC North, you sound like a grandpa “When i was your age we won a superbowl in 10 feet of snow going uphill both ways”

Have fun living in the past losers!

70. flushdownmikebrown says: Dec 31, 2013 12:26 PM

I am a Bengals season ticket holder. Have been for 9 years now (since finished college). Its just a numbers game. Cincinnati population is 295K and need 65K to attend the game. Its a lot considering ticket prices and that cincinnati did not have a lot of success in 1970′s to develop that fan base that doesnt have a real reason to cheer for that team (Steelers, cowboys, 49ers, packers, etc.).

However, fans should come out and support and pay for the seats, no denying that. But fan bases dont become strong until they win a superbowl.

Steelers and Ravens fans love to get fired up and talk smack for not selling out, but most of the haters dont attend 8 games a year and probably arent from that city anyways.

Good news. Bengals are a damn good team this year and dominated the AFC North. 3 games ahead of the rest. They are the best team in division and will be for a few years or more. this is when you build a fan base outside of your city.

71. cincinasty87 says: Dec 31, 2013 12:30 PM

A Steeler , Raven , and Brown walk into a bar…… To watch the Bengals playoff game HAHAA. Seriously though how butthurt are all these other AFCN fans . Steelers your stadium was empty EMPTY 2 weeks before the season was over . Talk about fair weather

72. @Cereal_22 says: Dec 31, 2013 12:30 PM

They Ravens didnt allow the Bengals to Bungle but they certainly tried. The fans probably recognize that the end is near & they are better off saving a couple hundred bucks….

73. quicktaker says: Dec 31, 2013 12:31 PM

This is what is left: low endzone, high endzone, stratosphere sidelines. Yuck, yuck, yuck. 10,000 remaining seats does not suggest Cincy fans are poor fans, it says the price/experience ratio is not good.

74. jakec4 says: Dec 31, 2013 12:40 PM

The rubbbing of Ravens and Steelers fans from Bengals fans is humorous. Yes we both had down years which left the door wide open for Cincy, but you need to actually win a playoff game before you can act like you sit at the big boy table. Marvin Lewis is one of the worst big game coaches there is. In a way it makes sense that so many people don’t even want to waste their money on a ticket with the outcome so foreshadowed.

75. holeinone09 says: Dec 31, 2013 12:43 PM

Horrible fan base. You think the Steelers would have any tix left for a home game?

76. Nofoolnodrool says: Dec 31, 2013 12:47 PM

How would you know that? Did Cincy win one that I missed? Talking trash is one thing being just plain dumb is another.

77. joetoronto says: Dec 31, 2013 12:48 PM

Even Bungals fans finally see that Andy Dalton is a complete joke of a QB.

The winner of this Loser Bowl is still a loser.

78. footballfan01 says: Dec 31, 2013 12:51 PM

LOL what a joke of a franchise.

79. theroc5156 says: Dec 31, 2013 12:55 PM

Uh, Steeler fans.; this is your SECOND down year in a row while your franchise quarterback (whom I happen to think is a Hall of Famer) had a career year. So with a career year from your quarterback and a bounce back year from your All-Pro Safety, you still finished 8-8.

Bengals (with a tougher schedule) finished 11-5 and went 4-0 against playoff teams even with Dalton looking like Sage Rosenfels almost have the time. And Mike Brown as the owner.

80. whocares69 says: Dec 31, 2013 12:59 PM

Wow the Steelers fans come out in droves when there is post about the Bengals.

I wonder how many Steelers fans are actually in or from Pittsburgh? I bet the majority aren’t, so they are just a bunch of Bandwagon fans anyways

P.S. Enjoy your team being out of the playoffs for the 2nd year in a row now.

81. rodh32340 says: Dec 31, 2013 1:00 PM

This lack of sales makes no sense since Cincy has a real chance in this game…playoff game at home for a team that doesn’t get there very much, a real fan buys this ticket!

82. toeknee2toes says: Dec 31, 2013 1:01 PM

I will be at the game with about twenty people being loud as hell when Bengals defense is on the field

83. kwjsb says: Dec 31, 2013 1:02 PM

Steelers fan = Fair weather Fans, the stands were empty on Sunday

Bengals fans = No Weather fans

Browns Fans = Abused fans
    Give Cleveland a 8-8 and there will be a line around the city .

84. ravanator says: Dec 31, 2013 1:04 PM

Coach Harbaugh Post Season = 9-4, 1 Championship

Mike Tomlin Post Season = 5-3, 1 Championship

Marvin Lewis Post Season = 0-4, irrelevant

#bengalswillchoke
    #bengalsarejealousofourtworings

85. bengalsucker says: Dec 31, 2013 1:05 PM

Funny because I think it was this past Saturday they were saying there was 10k seats left. Now they had a good day of sales yesterday but still 10k seats? Hmmm. Interesting. Regardless, I normally sit in the lower bowl for Bengals games. However, for the Baltimore game I sat in the upper deck. God that sucks. I’ll never do it again. And guess what, that’s all that’s left. I’m not sitting up there. I’ll buy tickets from someone who has lower bowl seats and that won’t help the ticket situation at the stadium.

86. joetoronto says: Dec 31, 2013 1:08 PM

Cleveland would have been sold out in 2 hours flat, that’s the truth.

87. hakunamangata says: Dec 31, 2013 1:08 PM

Gotta love the Bengal fans bragging about the steelers and ravens not in the playoffs while they are. Seems like BP bragging to green peace about their humanitarian efforts in the gulf.

88. bengalsfanbill says: Dec 31, 2013 1:10 PM

ESPN Reports that in 2014 Ravens and Steelers games will be broadcast on the History Channel since both fan bases live in the past.

89. ravensdominate says: Dec 31, 2013 1:12 PM

Cincinnasty, we’re not “butthurt”. We’re World Champs bro.

You have no chance. Your QB has red hair.

90. ravensdominate says: Dec 31, 2013 1:28 PM

Bengalsfanbill, no we are the CURRENT world champs

91. ravensfan410 says: Dec 31, 2013 1:33 PM

to bengalsfanbill.

you’re history is no championships.

hAHAHAHAH.

92. granadafan says: Dec 31, 2013 1:56 PM

The blackout rules are archaic, arrogant, and unethical considering the vast majority of stadiums are paid for by local taxpayer money.

93. ampatsisahypocrite says: Dec 31, 2013 1:57 PM

The Bengals are just thanking the refs for sparing them another beatdown at the hands of the Steelers.

94. knowmewell85 says: Dec 31, 2013 1:58 PM

Why would we watch this?

1) Andy has a noodle arm
    2) Andy has red hair
    3) Andy can only throw the ball 5MPH
    4) Andy can not stretch the field
    5) I once changed my kids diaper and Andy’s out route was still fluttering in the air when I returned – waiting to be picked off
    6)Andy will be overpaid this off season
    7) Andy is not the QB we need with our dynamic receiving core 8) Andy has lost two first round playoff game for us – thanks
    9) Andy is not better the the Patriots or Redskins backup QB
    10) Andy has red hair

95. bengalguy says: Dec 31, 2013 2:01 PM

To ALL the RATBIRDS & SQUEALER fans.
    This just in …….PLENTY of tickets available for YOUR home games this weekend!
    Bwaaaaahaaaaaa
    WHO DEY!

96. beastmode5150 says: Dec 31, 2013 2:17 PM

Pathetic, Hawks tickets sold in 30 seconds, and my season tickets are 84 face and i am being offered over 400 already (not selling).

97. thesteelskirt says: Dec 31, 2013 2:21 PM

4 picks by Raggedy Arm Andy versus a crappy baltimore team means no fun for the bengals in the playoffs. If they would run the ball and let their D score they would have a chance but for now they are wasting years on raggedy Andy.

98. drewzducks says: Dec 31, 2013 2:32 PM

Long live Mike Brown !

99. suesspj says: Dec 31, 2013 2:35 PM

So what? See below, ticket prices are outrageous, as a season ticket holder, I know.

On Monday night, the Packers said, via the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, they had about 15,000 tickets remaining for the game and Vic Ketchman of the team’s website was pushing fans to help keep the 49ers red out of the stands in a Q and A on Tuesday morning.

100. bensstinkyfingers says: Dec 31, 2013 2:58 PM

Yeah, I could see a blackout for a regular season game, but PLAYOFFS? That says a lot for their fanbase. Either they are fairweather fans in chili town, or they know the bengals will find a way to lose as they always do in the first round. Makes me proud to say as a browns fan, you will never see indifferent fans, we support our team through the rare good and often bad, which will make the future success that much sweeter. Good luck though bengals I would rather see an AFC north team go deep into the playoffs even if their fanbase are a bunch of lightweights.

101. ravensfan410 says: Dec 31, 2013 3:08 PM

to bengalguy.

who dey?

who are you?

oh wait a minute, choke in the first round.

102. bengalskuta82 says: Dec 31, 2013 3:11 PM

Its another year and the Steelers are going to be at home in January. Sad!

The Ravens? Oh I forgot they played this season.

The Browns? Well, they are just the Browns and they are bound to win the basement title every season.

You all should watch the Bengals on Sunday smack the Warm Weather boys from San Diego.

See you all Next season..lol..Off course there’s always next season for mediocre teams..Hahaha!

103. lovemybrowns says: Dec 31, 2013 3:21 PM

What a joke the Bengal fan base is! How pathetic. Browns fans are the best in the league… Sold out stadium every week despite the poor product on the field. Cincy doesn’t deserve that team if they have a hard time selling out a playoff game.

104. Nofoolnodrool says: Dec 31, 2013 3:25 PM

Its another year and the Steelers are going to be at home in January. Sad!

The Ravens? Oh I forgot they played this season.

I am sure your last twenty years has trained you well to spot mediocre teams , but you could identify a SB team unless it was the steelers or ravens…..right?

105. blackbug99 says: Dec 31, 2013 3:26 PM

Every year Bills fans have heard how it’s XX yrs since we made the playoffs. 14 and counting. For Bengal’s fans it has to be that they haven’t won 1 playoff game since 1991. I’m not sure I wouldn’t stay home too :)

106. jbarr1 says: Dec 31, 2013 3:34 PM

Meanwhile, In Green Bay, 75,000 want tickets for Sunday and can’t get them.

107. opneon says: Dec 31, 2013 3:41 PM

I am a Ravens fan who is embarassed by a few bragging blowhards. To (almost) quote Cincy’s old coach…”were you born in Pittsburgh or something!”

We do have very strong fans because we have had some great years. But don’t speak too quickly because a few years like the Bengals have had and our seats could be empty too. Remember the Colts?
    We’re a great football town now and I hope it continues…but in the meantime shut up and let the players speak for you. I think we’ll be back after filling a few holes (and a few O-linemen and some depth and we’ll be back in it).

In Ozzie We Trust!

108. holeinone09 says: Dec 31, 2013 3:43 PM

“65,500 empty seats on Sunday = heinz field”

Delusional (and significantly incorrect) comment. Bungals are so happy they are not playing the Steelers this weekend after the ref mistake. Bungals are one and done. Maybe Dalton will throw for 5 INTs this weekend? Win something, then brag. Thanks.

109. greenbaybob2014 says: Dec 31, 2013 3:59 PM

It amuses me to no end how posers continue to extoll the excellence of recent Champions (Baltimore, Pittsburgh, etc.) but conveniently forget that the all-time leader in NFL Championships is the Green Bay Packers. Vince Lombardi was the greatest coach in NFL history. Hutson, Nitschke, Hornung, Taylor, Starr, Favre and now Arron Rodgers. The rest of the league simply hasn’t been able to keep up with our continued excellence.

So enjoy your limited success, and remember that it pales in comparison to that of the one and only Green Bay Packers.

110. rockymtnbengal says: Dec 31, 2013 4:49 PM

I’d be more than happy to buy tickets if I could get to Cincy for the game. Airline tickets into CVG, Indy and Columbus are all crazy high this week. 20 hr drive just isn’t in the cards.

111. louderthanwords1 says: Dec 31, 2013 4:51 PM

I’m not a fan of the Bengals but it’s funny these Steelers posters who have been talking all year about how great they are bashing Bengals fans for not selling out a playoff game. NEWS FLASH Steelers and Ravens fans your stadium will be completely empty this week.

112. steelcurtainn says: Dec 31, 2013 4:59 PM

Marvin Lewis would have been fired on Monday if the steelers had been playing this week. After all, the steelers did beat down the bungles the last time they played. History would have just repeated itself.

113. oldcracker says: Dec 31, 2013 5:27 PM

Congratulations to the Bengals for even making the playoffs.

Here, in Cleveland, we have a thief for an owner, “Dumb & Dumbardi” in the F.O., and once again, no Head Coach, no QB, no O-line, and no clue.

The reason the Ravens sell out is because it’s the Old Browns. The reason the Steelers sell out is because of the leftover Old Browns fans.

Cincinnati is simply too far for me to drive to, but I’ll be watching!

114. ballboy48 says: Dec 31, 2013 5:32 PM

For all the Steelers “fans”. The last home game against Cleveland, had almost 9,000 unsold seats. Their paid attendance was 56,361. That’s not actual attendance, that’s tickets that were sold. Actual attendance looked closer to 45,000. The Stadium holds 65,000! I don’t know about you, but that game was for the playoffs, and still had almost 9,000 empty seats. So anyone that tells me that PIT is not a bandwagon fanbase, you’re full of it. If PIT was as bad as Cleveland has been, I bet that we’d be talking blackouts. I remember going to Three Rivers the day of the game, and getting a ticket at the Box Office. The Bengals will get the tickets sold.

115. audient says: Dec 31, 2013 5:37 PM

If I weren’t 4.5 hours away and fighting a nasty cold, I’d consider going, and I’m a Browns fan.

C’mon Bengals fans, represent!

116. gallopinggilmore says: Dec 31, 2013 7:23 PM

Packers still had 15,ooo tickets to sell when this was reported.

117. nomeansnoben says: Jan 1, 2014 12:48 AM

hehehe Ratbird and Stooler fans whining about bad Bengals fans. I’d say bad fans are watching the same game on TV (once it does sell out) as your bad teams will be watching. Bengals are in the play offs and your teams are not, get over it.

118. burndownhottopic says: Jan 1, 2014 8:09 AM

Love all the excuses from bengal fans. Keep crowing because other than the 30k or so mental patients that have their seats already, you won’t bewl watching your team in the playoffa either.

119. nflfan1326 says: Jan 1, 2014 4:09 PM

Wait, the mayor of Cincinnati doesn’t already have season tickets? That is pretty lame.

120. jimiinpa says: Jan 1, 2014 4:40 PM

I hope Cincy and the 49 get to the super bowl so cincy can lose 3 to the same team