Percy Harvin probable for matchup with Saints

AP

The signs have been pointing in the direction of Seahawks wide receiver Percy Harvin playing for the second time since the start of the 2013 season all week and the release of Friday’s final injury report did nothing to change that.

Harvin is listed as probable for the game after getting in a full week of practice. It’s a big change from how things looked as the regular season wound down as coach Pete Carroll was talking about the possibility of putting Harvin on injured reserve and ending his season. Things have obviously improved with Harvin’s hip in the interim and he’ll help the Seahawks try to advance to the NFC Championship Game.

Tight end Luke Willson (ankle) and safety Kam Chancellor (hip) join Harvin with probable designations.

Linebacker K.J. Wright has been ruled out with a foot injury, which will force the Seahawks to change some of their approach to guarding tight end Jimmy Graham from their regular season victory over New Orleans. Defensive tackle Jordan Hill (groin) is doubtful and safety Chris Maragos (back) is questionable.

77 responses to “Percy Harvin probable for matchup with Saints

1. Harvin snags 2 TDs in another blowout win over the S-ain’ts and move on. Meanwhile all the Minnysoda lavender Larry toads start balling up in the fetal postion in a dark corner of their grandma’s basement hoping the Hawks don’t go on to win the SB and further embarrass the vikqueens as another expansion team wins a Lombardi before they do.

2. I think the Hawks will go to Percy often in this game. He is a game changer. One missed tackle and he scores from anywhere on the field. The Aint’s weakened defense will not be able to contain him. It is time to give the Niners something to think about.

3. Don’t be afraid, Saints. You win the toss, go ahead and defer, and kick the ball directly to him. Show him you aren’t scared!

(Oh God, please let it be so)

4. Don’t look past the Saints all because we have Percy back. Just take it one game at a time and hopefully Percy and the rest of the team will stay healthy. KJ Wright is the one we really need to get back, he’s the best match up for Gramm.

5. Harvin playing in this game will keep the Saints defense honest. There’s no way they will go 8 men in the box with Harvin in a 3-wide set. He’ll shake any DB they put on him. That will open up the running game. Saints will have to pick their poison. I think the Seahawks TE’s will have a solid game with all of the good DB’s focusing on Seattle’s WRs.

6. justdoitseahawks12 says:
    Jan 10, 2014 1:13 PM
    SEAHAWKS 57 Aints 3

_________________________________

What is: the number of years since each team won a superbowl?

I’ll take Seattle teams with a history of abject failure for 200, Alex.

7. theysone says:
    Jan 10, 2014 5:24 PM
    justdoitseahawks12 says:
    Jan 10, 2014 1:13 PM
    SEAHAWKS 57 Aints 3

_________________________________

What is: the number of years since each team won a superbowl?

I’ll take Seattle teams with a history of abject failure for 200, Alex.
    ———————————
    What does that have to do with this year again?

8. Well, it’s kinda like Seattle Heaven here on PFT. I just hope you all are crying tomorrow evening after a Saints win. That will be very very funny if my Saints do win. Then the earth quake can take place but it won’t be from screaming fans. Haters gonna hate right now.

9. HAHAHAH is that guy ever NOT injured? Even if he plays, he’ll have a tummy ache and sit on the sidelines by halftime while Favre (scratch that, Wilson) does it all. #pattersonsthebetterplayer

10. So what has this chump done? Really ever?

So what? Hope he plays and why don’t you get all the other diva bust receivers the hawks have tried to get from other teams. He is just another name on the trash heap of wrs that have gone to the Seahawks to stink up the joint. At least the other ones played!

11. Saints defense isn’t built to stop Seattle’s offense. They are a good team, but just having an injury plagued season. Watch this be a competitive game with hawks pulling away in the fourth
    20-10 hawks

12. “Like I’ve said before, he’s the best player I’ve ever played with. We have the same mindset. There’s not too many guys that play with that mindset to win — Brett Favre, Drew Brees, Ray Lewis — he has that type of mindset. … You never had to get on him about practice. He came out and practiced hard, pretty much like it was a game.”

13. You Seahawks homers kill me. Seahawks 57 Saints 3….. really? Look, you guys have every reason to be excited. And there is no reason you shouldn’t feel very confident going in to this game. But the Saints are a playoff team for a reason. They’ve been contenders for awhile (last year excluded) and are a force to be reckoned with. I don’t know who is going to win, nor am I a fan of either team. I just hope for your sake that your team takes the Saints a little more seriously than you do.

14. harvin aint ish…he not even good..plus u seaChickens have not seen him play for u but 2 games and he was poo poo in those games..nobody is worried about percey..he’s a none factor

15. ninerswilldominatelikebefore says:
    Jan 10, 2014 6:00 PM

UPSET SPECIAL..AINTS BEAT THE ADDERAL CHAMPS. THEN NEXT WEEK OUR NINERS BEAT THE SAINTS ON OUR WAY TO OUR 6TH LOMBARDI…JUST WATCH..

_________________________________

If I were a 49er’s fan I’d be hoping the Saints won, too. Playing in Seattle is a disaster for SF…. and everyone knows it.

16. theysone says:
    Jan 10, 2014 5:24 PM

justdoitseahawks12 says:
    Jan 10, 2014 1:13 PM
    SEAHAWKS 57 Aints 3

_________________________________

What is: the number of years since each team won a superbowl?

I’ll take Seattle teams with a history of abject failure for 200, Alex.
    ***********
    If Seattle wins it all this year, it will certainly tick off a multitude of people.

17. The last time Percy played the Saints in the playoffs, he fumbled and was largely quiet while part of an equal, if not better, offense. I will be surprised if Percy plays a lot. Maybe 20-25 snaps I’d guess. As explosive as he can be, he has been out all year and might be more harm than good if he throws off the rhythm of the offense. Now, having said that he’ll put up 200 and 2, but if I were Pete Carroll, I’d be very considerate of going with the ones that got me there.

18. returntoexcellence says:
    Jan 10, 2014 5:57 PM
    **************
    Pretty sure that poster was just trolling.
    Though he managed to get a response from you.
    Don’t let them bait you. Same with the trolls from all the other teams.

19. The Seattle haters gotta be the biggest bunch of babies I’ve ever heard. Can’t wait for tomorrow. It’s gonna be a blow out and the haters will all be silent. You think these anonymous children are going to get back on here and admit they we wrong? Not a chance, that’s the internet for you. Gives trolls a place to be heard.

20. Percy Harvin games played

2012 = 9
    2011 = 16
    2010 = 14
    2009 = 15

That’s according to NFL.com

So where is all this fragile, not wanting to play crap coming from. Oh, right you all can’t read for yourselves.

21. Lmao this guy is a joke he’s gonna get hit low on his hip fumble the ball and then leave with an injury..and next thing u knw he’s getting carted off the field lmao… I like how u seahags think you going to the Super Bowl but Lil do you know tomorrow is you guys last day haha… And then that’s when all u fans start to be the whiners.. Oh and if you do win best believe them NINERS going to your house and dominate. If the cards were able to beat you what’s gonna make you think we ain’t going to.. Remember we ended the cards season right after playing you and they beat you before that… And we have a waaaaaay better offense then them..be scared seahawks fans because harbaugh is pullin out his other half of his play book he held on just for the playoffs..be very afraid…

22. number1hawkfan says:
    Jan 10, 2014 6:29 PM

******************************
    Sorry, number1, but the second comment on this thread was packer fan talking trash to the Vikings. We’re not even in the playoffs this year, we’re only tangentially related to this post, yet the second comment is a Cheesehead talking smack to their supposed #2 rival. So, I’m gonna say Packer-fan Vikings hater are THE biggest bunch of babies (though I’d use a different word) out there. As for the Hawks, I’m torn because I like RWilson, dudes a class act and straight up gamer who I wish was in purple, but Harvin is a bad dude and there’s something about Carroll that just makes me want to punch him in the face.
    But, Sean Payton does too, so…I don’t know. Go Colts, I guess.

23. 5xchamps- I can’t wait for the seahawks to steam roll the saints then take it to your 49ers so your fan base can cry the whole off season. They barely beat the Packers hahaha, that was without Clay Matthews, you really expect them to come to the clink and beat a seahawks team that isn’t missing 5 starters this time around? Just worry about the panthers little boy

24. Go ahead seahawks fan talk all you want ill be here still talking crap tomorrow when you guys loose or win..and don’t act like you so called “Seahawks” been dominating the NINERS for years because we’re waaay over your league until you guys have 5 rings then u can talk till then all you guys just keep it shut…can’t hang with the big boys… Bang bang…

25. Percy Harvin games played

2012 = 9
    2011 = 16
    2010 = 14
    2009 = 15

That’s according to NFL.com

**************************************
    20013 = 1

Plus he missed many practices and was a “game time decision” due to “migraines” often at MN and at FL. He was often off the field during games due to lack of practice or being so physical with his style of play that he would be dinged or cramping. Games played tells only part of the story. That’s where it comes from.

26. why is it that if you even hint that the seahawks could lose, you are a hater. I understand a 49’r fan being called hater because of the rivalry, but anyone is accused because they question a hawk fan. Paranoid fans

27. As a Vikings fan I will admit I’m rooting for a 1 & Done from the Seahawks….And as of right this moment I’ll keep Patterson over Harvin. They both have nice skill set.

28. Percy Harvin games played

2012 = 9
    2011 = 16
    2010 = 14
    2009 = 15

That’s according to NFL.com

**************************************
    20013 = 1

————————————————–

Well in 2013 he tore his hip labrum. If you can tear your hip labrum and come back the same year please reply, and why are you talking about migraines he hasn’t had one well that we know of since ’12. Haters will hate. GO HAWKS!!!!!

29. fluffy19 says:
    Jan 10, 2014 7:09 PM

20013 = 1

_____________________________

Lots of guys miss “many practices” throughout the course of a season. I’m guessing you’re not someone that pays much attention to the NFL Monday – Saturday.

30. 5xchamps says:
    Jan 10, 2014 7:01 PM

___________________________________

“Waaay over your league”? That’s pretty funny considering the 49er’s actually finished 2nd in the division.

Seattle actually has been dominating the 49er’s for years….. in Seattle (feel free to look at the scores yourself). If that’s not domination I don’t know what is.

31. Hey Rob Ryan, here is a little advice for your defense when Harvin is out there for Seattle…..just place a BONG in front of Harvin and account for the other 10 Seahawks. It may work out real well I forgot about Lynch he’ll be right there with him.

32. Go Hawks! With that being said, thanks for taking the dead weight of Percy Harvin off of our roster. You’re obviously much better equipped to deal with the dead weight than my always-awful Vikes.

33. @5xchamps

I’m pretty sure the last time your boys won a championship half the players on the current roster were crapping their diapers and drinking from a bottle.

also, we have spit our games the last two years. you win at home by a combined total of 4 points between the two games. Should i remind you of how obnoxiously the Hawks beat you at their home in that same time period? Yeah, let’s talk about domination.

34. 5xchamps if u didn’t know yet, your 5xchamps are done after Carolina or after coming to the clink. Remind me again what the score was the last 2 times Kap came into Seattle? He’s gonna fold under all this pressure…. He might need his headphones son

35. Good, Bcuz as a 49er fan, I absolutely don’t want the Seahawk fanbase to have any excuse at all when the 49ers come into Seattle next week and come away with a W.

36. Seahawk domination?? When a team dominates, it doesn’t just do it at home with the aid of a loud stadium and fans. Credit to the fans for creating such a good home field advantage. But the Seahawks have not won in SF since 2008. Last two years the games with the 49ers have gone 2-2. They had some impressive home wins, for sure. But you measure success ultimately in W-Ls. You can call it “domination” when you start winning in SF. I don’t understand why Seahawk fans need the team to “dominate” in order to be satisfied with how the year went. You had a great season and probably will do well in the playoffs. Give other teams a little credit at times and you won’t be perceived as jerks.

37. So, the Seahawks win it all because Percy harvin is playing??? for the second time this year or does he get a migraine at game time, hip flexor at the half or concussed???? my guess one or the other. either way benched by half time.

38. senky3 says:Jan 10, 2014 7:15 PM

why is it that if you even hint that the seahawks could lose, you are a hater. I understand a 49′r fan being called hater because of the rivalry, but anyone is accused because they question a hawk fan. Paranoid fan

———————————————————-

Hater……………………

39. I am a man who like his Percy!!! Can’t get enough of my Percy!! I have greatly missed my Percy. Can’t wait to see my Percy again!!! Go Hawks!

40. Porcelain Pearcy. Just a matter of time before he is hurt again. Which was worse, Harvin or Matt Flynn?

41. Is it just me or does it seem like its taking a decade to get this game started. GO HAWKS!!!! Cmon 12s lets give it to em. DONT FORGET TO YELL WHEN THE SAINTS ARE IN THE HUDDLE. there not gona audible so in the huddle is where there gona set it up and they have to communicate in there a lot more than normal. as we all know if your head hurts from noise its hard to focus.

42. I’d love to see Percy lead the ‘hawks out onto the field at the outset of the game and have him take the kickoff to begin the second half. Both would generate a thunderous roar from the twelves.

43. You Seadderall Cheathawk fan’s sure are worried about the 49er’s. You talk about us on your threads that have nothing to do with us. For a fan base that is SOOOOOOO confident, you sure do have a funny way of showing it. It’s cuz yall are scared. You know why your scared……. It’s because you know we are better and yall are running on borrowed time and you don’t wanna play us. #NOBODYHASITBETTER!!!