Dolphins announce that Ray Farmer has been interviewed

Farmer Getty Images

Regarded as the frontrunner to succeed Jeff Ireland as the General Manager of the Dolphins, Ray Farmer officially has completed his interview.

The team has announced that Farmer’s interview has been completed.

Farmer, 39, serves as the assistant General Manager of the Browns.  He was hired from the Chiefs last year, and he was a fourth-round pick of the Eagles in 1996.

He’s the fourth candidate whose interview has been announced by the Dolphins.  On Friday, Miami announced that Dolphins assistant G.M. Brian Gaine, Steelers director of football and business administration Omar Khan, and Cardinals V.P. of player personnel Jason Licht had been interviewed.

The Dolphins have committed to transparency when it comes to identifying the candidate for the job.

Permalink 17 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Cleveland Browns, Home, Miami Dolphins, Rumor Mill
17 Responses to “Dolphins announce that Ray Farmer has been interviewed”
  1. 69finfan says: Jan 11, 2014 7:26 PM

How exactly are the Fins committed to transparency when they have disclosed everybody that has interviewed, thus being a candidate for the job?

2. clebrowns216 says: Jan 11, 2014 7:27 PM

I’ve heard nothing but great things about this guy. So much so that I wish the Browns would give him the GM position instead of this hiding Lombardi guy. Not even sure he is our GM I haven’t seen him at all.

Anyways I can’t really trace any personnel moves back to him so it’s hard to truly say how good he is but I’ve heard nothing but great things.

3. floratiotime says: Jan 11, 2014 7:39 PM

How bad is it when you’re chasing after Browns droppings ?

4. paulz624 says: Jan 11, 2014 7:48 PM

I called this earlier that he would be the front runner, before he was even interviewed, Carl Peterson is now the consultant to Ross and Farmer was his protege at KC, how hard was this to figure out?

5. detectivejimmymcnulty says: Jan 11, 2014 7:57 PM

I remember him on KC’s Hardknocks. He was straight to the point with players that were cut and 100% honest. I think players respect that.

6. igotgamenj says: Jan 11, 2014 8:02 PM

He was the guy that put what 8 Pro Bowl Players on the Chiefs. Guy knows his stuff

7. bobl242 says: Jan 11, 2014 8:15 PM

69finfan says:
    Jan 11, 2014 7:26 PM
    ———————————————————–

Dude, do yourself a favor and look up the word transparency.

8. chapmanb2014 says: Jan 11, 2014 8:23 PM

Sorry but I do not expect a football team to be transparent. How can you be transparent when you are competing against 29 other franchises? Ross is going overboard to show the public that Ireland was the person that wanted to leave everybody in the dark. The reason Miami has had a bad perception around the league is because they publicly lost out on some big name coaches and players. Why add to that by letting everybody know your business? Just be aggressive and hire the best available. If you do a good job everything else will take care of itself.

9. tellthetruth1313 says: Jan 11, 2014 8:28 PM

WHAT CHANNEL ARE THE STEELERS PLAYING ON? OH WAIT!!! :-)

10. cantonbound13 says: Jan 11, 2014 8:38 PM

They should hire Gamble but I’d be happy with Farmer. Please no Kahn, Ross or Tannenbaum.

11. bsizemore68 says: Jan 11, 2014 9:12 PM

At least this time they fired the GM and OC first. I wonder what the deal will be with the DC, perhaps other then Joe everyone needs to keep there suitcase close by. Bill

12. thefox61 says: Jan 11, 2014 9:44 PM

LACES OUT!
    Sorry I thought the headline said Ray Finkle…

13. beachsidejames says: Jan 11, 2014 9:57 PM

Dolphins announce that any announcements made before official announcements can happen that all previous announcements up until that time must be disreguarded announcements as those announcements do not qualify as an official announcement. Any announcement going forward should be considered a possible announcement but until an official announcement is made those announcements could potentially be false announcements and those announcements must be looked upon as such. For any and all other anouncements please be advised that those announcements must be announced in an official announcement capacity.

14. 69finfan says: Jan 11, 2014 10:23 PM

My bad, I stand corrected. Go Fins.

15. ytownjoe says: Jan 11, 2014 10:29 PM

Like everyone else with talent, Farmer wants out of Cleveland.

16. mydogsnameisvick says: Jan 12, 2014 3:00 AM

Miami may never make the playoffs again.

17. shanydawg says: Jan 12, 2014 11:34 PM

beachsidejames – gets my vote for post of the year!