Skip to content

Marcus Gilchrist exits with apparent concussion

Gilchrist AP

As the Chargers tried to find a way to get back into their playoff game at Denver, they became shorthanded in the secondary.

Defensive back Marcus Gilchrist exited with an apparent concussion, after taking the helmet of a teammate to his own helmet.

Gilchrist was obviously dazed, and it took several minutes for him to be ready to walk off the field.

In the first half, linebacker Manti Te’o suffered a concussion after being struck by a teammate.  Te’o did not return.

Meanwhile, the Broncos have answered San Diego’s only touchdown with another touchdown, pushing the lead to 24-7 with 8:12 to play.

Permalink 3 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Denver Broncos, Home, Rumor Mill, San Diego Chargers
3 Responses to “Marcus Gilchrist exits with apparent concussion”
  1. stealthjunk says: Jan 12, 2014 7:28 PM

    Both concussions were caused by their own teammates. Hard to see how any special rules would have prevented them — football is a rough game.

  2. canadianbucsfan says: Jan 12, 2014 8:51 PM

    Breaking news: The league now says that if two teammates hit each other in the head by accident, it will be a 15 yard penalty and both players will be fined.

  3. davikes says: Jan 12, 2014 9:12 PM

    Gilchrist took a blow to the head earlier in the game (in the end zone, I think) and looked dazed. I was surprised he was back in the game.

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to leave a comment. Not a member? Register now!