Jim Harbaugh’s wife takes no responsibility for his wardrobe

Harbaugh AP

49ers coach Jim Harbaugh is a rich man.  He’ll get even richer after the season, when the team extends his contract after three straight NFC title-game appearances — and possibly two straight Super Bowl appearances.  And possibly one straight Super Bowl win.

But his wardrobe is limited, to say the least.  Black, long-sleeved shirt.  Tan, pleated pants.

Always.  Everywhere.  Anywhere.

His wife, Sarah, called a local radio station earlier this week to explain that she has nothing to do with Harbaugh’s haberdashery.

I will not take the blame for his outfits,” Sarah Harbaugh told 99.7 in San Francisco.  “I’ve thrown them away many of times.  I’ve asked him ‘Please, pleats are gone.  Wear the flat front.  He has a flattering body.”

She has tried to address the situation.  And she has failed.

“I threw them out and when he went to the Combine, he found a Walmart,” she said.  “They were $8. $8!”

The good news — for everyone — could be that Harbaugh will celebrate his new contract with a new wardrobe.

“I still love him but he did say next year he would make a change if it was that important,” Sarah Harbaugh said.

Next year, look for Harbaugh to switch to a black Sharpie necklace.

Permalink 33 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Rumor Mill, San Francisco 49ers
33 Responses to “Jim Harbaugh’s wife takes no responsibility for his wardrobe”
  1. beastmode5150 says: Jan 15, 2014 8:45 AM

What about his whining?

2. billsfan1 says: Jan 15, 2014 8:54 AM

unlike his jack ass QB, at least he doesn’t wear the gear of other NFL teams…

3. nflofficeadmin says: Jan 15, 2014 8:56 AM

And what say you, Mrs. Reid…

4. brucetrimble says: Jan 15, 2014 8:57 AM

I’ll bet the whines at home.

5. yb1956 says: Jan 15, 2014 9:02 AM

That’s a sign of a genius. He doesn’t have to expend any thought of what he will wear each day.

6. minnesnowda says: Jan 15, 2014 9:04 AM

Next year is black pants tan shirt

7. unitasftw says: Jan 15, 2014 9:10 AM

Crying on the sideline is what we get for you not letting him cake.

8. uglydingo says: Jan 15, 2014 9:18 AM

I have always thought how well dressed Jim Harbaugh looks. His wealth hasn’t changed him. He looks good in black and tan (and a great value shopper as well). Mrs Harbaugh your husband is comfortable in his appearance, it reflects who he is. Do you want to see him dressing up like a pimp?

9. La Milicia Negra says: Jan 15, 2014 9:25 AM

I still think Coaches should be in suits! I liked when a coach was dressed as a gentleman and didnt look like a golfer. Biggest coaches in Soccer still wear suits. just makes it more professional.

10. jimmyt says: Jan 15, 2014 9:32 AM

I pretty much dress that way too….but I’m not a loud mouth jerk so ya never know.

11. elliottcovert says: Jan 15, 2014 9:40 AM

Tom Landry only needed one suit, one hat, and one facial expression.

12. steelerben says: Jan 15, 2014 9:43 AM

La Milicia Negra says:
    Jan 15, 2014 9:25 AM

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Who would you rather on the sidelines, Mike Nolan in his suit or Jim Harbaugh in his pleated khakis?

13. fdugrad says: Jan 15, 2014 9:44 AM

Forget his clothes Mrs. H. Help him with his behavior! He is a MANIAC!

14. thereisfootballwestofjersey says: Jan 15, 2014 9:48 AM

In Harbaugh We Trust.
    Signed,
    -The San Francisco Bay Area

15. La Milicia Negra says: Jan 15, 2014 9:57 AM

steelerben says: Jan 15, 2014 9:43 AM

——————————————————-

My point was not about the coaches, it was the dress-police saying they need to wear team colors… and how the coaches looks, they look like stupid jocks, like man-babies, I would prefer coaches look like professionals. Belichick in his awful hoodies looks like a junkie, Andy reid looks like he’s mechanic for a nascar team.. if you see tomlin in a suit outside gameday – he looks like a pro, he got swagger. I want the coaches to dress like they respect gameday. Just like people put on the best dress to church or a party! thats my point….

given a choice between those coaches, I would choose Harbaugh of course….but with a suit =]

16. 7to85 says: Jan 15, 2014 9:58 AM

Here come the Haters!! NFC Championships in his first 3 seasons as an NFL head coach. Eat it Haters. He wears cleats too, he’s also very animated and goes crazy on the sideline! Know what else he does???? WIINNNNNN

17. sportsfan18 says: Jan 15, 2014 10:00 AM

steelerben says:
    Jan 15, 2014 9:43 AM
    La Milicia Negra says:
    Jan 15, 2014 9:25 AM

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

_______________________________

Uh, I think it’s clear that he wants Harbaugh on the sidelines in a suit.

18. steelerben says: Jan 15, 2014 10:07 AM

sportsfan18 says:
    Jan 15, 2014 10:00 AM
    steelerben says:
    Jan 15, 2014 9:43 AM
    La Milicia Negra says:
    Jan 15, 2014 9:25 AM

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

_______________________________

Uh, I think it’s clear that he wants Harbaugh on the sidelines in a suit.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

And I think my point is pretty clear the the quality of the coaching is not determined by their choice in clothing.

19. thedoubleentandres says: Jan 15, 2014 10:30 AM

Where did you get your clothes?….At the toilet…store

20. jonal11 says: Jan 15, 2014 10:39 AM

3 Straight NFC championship games.

You can wear short shorts and a tight white T shirt for all I care.

GO NINERS!

21. wisconsinhillfolk says: Jan 15, 2014 10:43 AM

Could one of you fashionistas tell me just what the hell it is we’re talking about here and why?

22. La Milicia Negra says: Jan 15, 2014 10:50 AM

Steelerben..

Obviously, suits doesnt make up for quality, but why cant we have both? 16+ gamedays a year, each gameday is a special occasion, its history in the making each game is, why not suit up and treat the game with respect?

23. La Milicia Negra says: Jan 15, 2014 10:52 AM

there is a reason why sports pundits wear suits, you’d never see a pundit in sweats and a visor..

24. pongonfl says: Jan 15, 2014 11:11 AM

They show up to the game in a suit, like most of the team, and then change into their game gear.

25. ratsfoiledagain says: Jan 15, 2014 11:14 AM

yb1956 says:
    Jan 15, 2014 9:02 AM

************
    If that is a sign of a genius, then there is a large portion of the male population in this country that are genius’s.

26. La Milicia Negra says: Jan 15, 2014 11:29 AM

PononNFL..

exactly..

27. granadafan says: Jan 15, 2014 11:51 AM

Well, you’ll never see Harbaugh on ESPN 30 for 30 about broke athletes. The guy is grounded. One thing my wife has taught me though, is that pleated pants look awful on trim guys. They’re for fat and/or old people. I’m in my 30s and have to say that this country has gone to hell fashion wise. Pants hanging down below the butt, pajamas in public, baseball caps and jerseys in restaurants, etc. Even the pastor at our church wears Hawaiian shirts!

28. thegreatgabbert says: Jan 15, 2014 12:06 PM

Meanwhile at the latest fashion show in Paris, avant garde haute couture icon, Giggli Ours-D’Chevon stunned the world with his new “Harbaugh” line, which featured models, both male and female, attired in identical black knit polo shirts and beige pleated trousers.

“I have seen the future of fashion, and it’s name is Harbaugh”, gushed one fashion critic.

29. urworstnitemare58 says: Jan 15, 2014 1:16 PM

I heard that him and Bill Belichick were caught in the Goodwill store having a tug of war over a cutoff sweatshirt. When asked Coach Harbaugh went into such a torrid tantrum accusing Belichick of cheating in the game in order to lay claim of ownership to this fine garmet. But would not elaborate any further.

30. endzone says: Jan 15, 2014 1:19 PM

He looks fine. He likes to be comfortable so he can concentrate on his job. He looks like a guy. He needs pleats so he has space for a 2:00 AM pizza.

But if you want to talk about weird NFL fashion then why not pick on the game day talking heads on Fox. They are all color coordinated in pastel picnic table checked shirts with a matching coordinated striped tie in a contrasting pastel color. And they match each other! Weird! They all look like mommy dressed them for school portrait day.

31. 64post says: Jan 15, 2014 2:35 PM

The Man has 36 regular season wins and 3 trips to the championship game in 3 seasons. Who cares how he is dressed?

32. richwizl says: Jan 15, 2014 3:09 PM

I don’t see anything wrong with the way he dresses; I just wish he wouldn’t lobby so much and act immaturely. He should watch film of the great coaches who have shown class; like Tom Landry, Chuck Knoll, Marv Levy, Bill Walsh, etc. I loved him as a QB, but, as a coach, he’s an idiot.

33. phillyeaglefan says: Jan 15, 2014 4:06 PM

At least donate the clothes. It is stupid throwing away lightly used clothing. And about his looks, there is nothing wrong with the way he dresses. He doesn’t dress any worse than all the other nfl coaches.