Reggie Wayne: I’m confident I’ll return “better than I was”

a596128aba554d8452642484b7c2d23a AP

Colts wide receiver isn’t sure when he’ll resume football activities after tearing the ACL in his right knee in October, but he’s sure he’ll be back on the field for the 2014 season.

Wayne says that his knee feels “great” and that rehab is “so far, so good,” which has left him with an optimistic view about how things will go once he is back on the field.

“I can tell you that Reggie Wayne, as I’m speaking in the third person, has never lacked confidence,” Wayne said, via the Indianapolis Star. “I’m very, very, very confident I will come back better than I was. One thing about this time: It was an opportunity for my body to heal up a little bit so hopefully I stole a year. We’ll go from there.”

Wayne turns 36 in November, which makes it pretty unlikely that he’s going to reach new heights when he returns from a serious knee injury. With T.Y. Hilton blossoming in Wayne’s absence this season, though, that shouldn’t be a problem for the Colts. Hilton can be the big hitter while Wayne moves into a role that calls for more reliability than explosiveness to an offense that needed such a receiver when Wayne was lost for the season.

Permalink 8 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Indianapolis Colts, Rumor Mill
8 Responses to “Reggie Wayne: I’m confident I’ll return “better than I was””
  1. nflofficeadmin says: Jan 15, 2014 8:11 AM

he had a great career

2. xxsweepthelegxx says: Jan 15, 2014 8:23 AM

Even as a Pats fan, it’s hard not to like Reggie. That quote is classic, what a funny dude.

3. azjam says: Jan 15, 2014 8:30 AM

At 36 years of age, Father Time is catching up to him. He is fooling himself if he thinks he will be what he once was.

4. The League's Crusade Against The Steelers Continues says: Jan 15, 2014 8:31 AM

Over the hill.

5. mcmccii says: Jan 15, 2014 8:34 AM

You can tell that Reggie Wayne is a native New Orleanian. He’s not gonna let anyone tell him that he’s done or what he can or cannot do.
    Spirit of the region.

6. bizieman says: Jan 15, 2014 9:07 AM

Overrated. Take a pay cut for the teAm.

7. imthaschmidt says: Jan 15, 2014 9:13 AM

This guy is a HOF caliber type receiver. its hard for receivers to get in but Reggie should get in and i am a Titans fan.

8. pillowporkers says: Jan 15, 2014 9:19 AM

Great player, although I believe the end is near even for the great Reggie Wayne. I like the confidence, as long as he doesn’t turn it into a garbage advertising and marketing ploy like RG3. Even worse, please don’t make a documentary like him either. How he’s “going to top Adrian, be back stronger than ever, and worked so hard.”