With success on the road, 49ers have a new travel routine

airplane_generic_106599395 Getty Images

The grind of coast-to-coast travel was sufficient that the 49ers considered — albeit briefly — staying East after beating the Packers with a trip to Charlotte the following week.

But because they’ve been so successful on the road in back-to-back weeks, they’re sticking with their new routine even though the flight’s much shorter this week.

According to Matt Maiocco of CSNBayArea.com, the 49ers will fly into Seattle Friday afternoon, a day earlier than they normally arrive at games in their time zone.

“It’s been fun,” 49ers guard Mike Iupati said. “We don’t mind the trips. We don’t mind the routine. Come home from a win on Sunday, leave for another one on Friday, and come home the following Sunday. Hopefully we can come home from Seattle with another one.”

Considering the fact their coach is willing to wear $8 pants because he always does, it’s not surprise they’re sticking with what’s gotten them here.

Permalink 43 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Rumor Mill, San Francisco 49ers, Seattle Seahawks
43 Responses to “With success on the road, 49ers have a new travel routine”
  1. spthegr8 says: Jan 15, 2014 10:42 AM

If it ain’t broke………..
    Who could possibly have it ANY better than us..?????

2. explosionsauce says: Jan 15, 2014 10:45 AM

Best game of the week

3. Awol.West says: Jan 15, 2014 11:04 AM

The final four is what it should be, it’s the best reality tv in history. SF gets destroyed in front of the 12th man, this should be a slug fest for the ages but Seattle wins the NFC. They’re secondary us better, and QB makes better decisions.

4. getsome636 says: Jan 15, 2014 11:04 AM

Uhhh, any team that has actually won a super bowl in the last 15 years has it better than you. And you might as well get used to it, because Kaep aint good enough to win a super bowl…… And the window for this team is closing, about to lose DC, OC and another coach. Gore has to be about done, etc…

5. granadafan says: Jan 15, 2014 11:09 AM

Niners fan here. This is going to be a great game between two bitter rivals. I already told the wife that all lists and chores will be thus ignored. Sleeping on the couch will be worth it.

6. niners816 says: Jan 15, 2014 11:11 AM

@Getsome636,
    Its funny how you dont say who your favorite team is. My guess is Seattle because they love Niners articles. They are obsessed! Btw, as good as Gore has been, running backs are s dime a dozen. And Lattimore will be amazing! Mark my words. 3 straight NFC championship games, buddy. Get used to it. Go Niners!

7. 7to85 says: Jan 15, 2014 11:13 AM

“And the window for this team is closing, about to lose DC, OC and another coach. Gore has to be about done, etc…”

LOL

8. poundtherock says: Jan 15, 2014 11:18 AM

@getsome636

Ok, so we’re going to lose Roman and Fangio? To who exactly? There’s only one HC job left in Cleveland. We might lose one, but I doubt we lose both.

Also, Kaepernick is 3-0 in away games in the playoffs.

Also, Frank Gore had 1,000 yards and another great season at age 30. Sure he’s getting close the end and he’s still productive.

Also, ever heard of Marcus Lattimore?

Your post shows that you don’t know much about our roster, and likely not much about football, period.

9. blabidibla says: Jan 15, 2014 11:28 AM

If they don’t go home in between games, they don’t get sandwiches from LaVilla Deli.

10. thefox61 says: Jan 15, 2014 11:29 AM

@granadfan

LOL!
    Spoken like a TRUE fan.

Go Seahawks!

11. joetoronto says: Jan 15, 2014 11:31 AM

When they were in Green Bay with Carolina up next, I thought for sure they’d go to Carolina, being half way there.

They actually went all the way back to SF and then flew across the country.

Weird.

12. getsome636 says: Jan 15, 2014 11:31 AM

Eagles went to four NFC Championships in a row, but got ZERO Super Bowl Titles. I know plenty about football, I know that if you have a team good enough to make it to the title game you better win it. My point is Kaep is he has periods every game where he looks clueless, against a complete team that will cost you.

I am not a Gore hater, but 30 + year old RBS are rare, and Lattimore may be a good one, but dont sell Gore short by insinuating that you can just plug in another RB and have the same success.

13. getsome636 says: Jan 15, 2014 11:33 AM

Oh and I am a Green Bay fan, actually was at the opening game this year with a buddy who is a niner fan. But, I know what it is like when you start losing 1-2 coaches/coordinators every year, it starts to take a toll.

14. getsome636 says: Jan 15, 2014 11:35 AM

Oh and both times up at Seattle Kaep has looked like a lost child. You can call it whatever you want, but the only way the Niners win is if he can overcome whatever “it” is that happens to him up there…..

15. jayniner says: Jan 15, 2014 11:38 AM

“Considering the fact their coach is willing to wear $8 pants because he always does”

Now, was that really necessary, Darin?

16. seahonky says: Jan 15, 2014 11:38 AM

Wilson is undefeated at home against the 49ers. And it ain’t gonna change this weekend. Go Hawks!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. spthegr8 says: Jan 15, 2014 11:44 AM

@pound the rock
    Your right, he doesn’t know anything about football. Just a bunch of pointless rambling. A typical Cheathawk fan!!

18. cougfan82 says: Jan 15, 2014 11:47 AM

spthegr8- the team with home field adv.

19. ctiggs says: Jan 15, 2014 11:48 AM

Spthegr8

Noooooooooobodyyyyyyyyyy! !!!!!!

20. niners816 says: Jan 15, 2014 11:49 AM

@Getsome636
    San Fran owns Green Bay. You have no credibility.

21. jayniner says: Jan 15, 2014 11:52 AM

This is by the far the game of the year….seems like the Super Bowl may lose its luster after this Clash of the Titans.

22. harrisonhits2 says: Jan 15, 2014 11:54 AM

Yee gods that flight must sound like a bunch of 3 year olds who didn’t get their cookies, milk or naptime. Or maybe they found a plane that could be powered by whining.

23. southpaw79 says: Jan 15, 2014 12:02 PM

Did I really just read a Packer fan of all people talking smack about Kaepernick? Don’t worry, it will be alright. He can not hurt you anymore…. well at least not until next season.

24. gosfvr says: Jan 15, 2014 12:02 PM

getsome636 says:
    Jan 15, 2014 11:33 AM
    Oh and I am a Green Bay fan …

—————————

I actually would have rooted for GB if they beat my niners in the wildcard round.
    That being said, don’t you have better things to worry about? Your sorry-azz defense for one?

Also, this SF D held your all-universe QB to 177 yards passing (and I have the utmost respect for A-Rod).

My point is, one person does not a team make. If SFs co-ordinators leave, Harbaugh will have a backup plan. We lost Goldson, it was an opprotunity for Reid. and so on.

The great teams adapt, innovate and move forward. I believe SF is one.

25. gosfvr says: Jan 15, 2014 12:04 PM

seahonky says:
    Jan 15, 2014 11:38 AM

———————
    I understand your excitement, but that many exclamation points? Really?

26. spthegr8 says: Jan 15, 2014 12:05 PM

@cougfan82
    Not when they are playing the HOTTEST team in the league. !!! It’s our time and where we play, doesn’t matter.

27. getsome636 says: Jan 15, 2014 12:11 PM

yeah San Fran is the greatest team without a super bowl win in 20 years. That is why people hate on the niners, them and their fans talk like multiple time champs meanwhile they have won nothing since the Steve Young era…. Same with their all world whiner of a head coach. No championships anywhere…..

28. jvibottomline says: Jan 15, 2014 12:12 PM

No Turnovers, 49ers win the game, it’s that simple. If they turn it over, they will lose!

29. getsome636 says: Jan 15, 2014 12:12 PM

LMAO and 177 yards is considered a “Good” game for Kaep. Except against Seattle, all he has to do against them is hit the big 80 yard passing mark and throw less than 2 ints. LMAO, what a scrub, if he cant scramble he has nothing. No running QB has won the Super Bowl, and there have been much better running QB’s than him, so dont get your hopes up.

30. getsome636 says: Jan 15, 2014 12:14 PM

I can take the shots of the Niners owning Green Bay right now, but Green Bay was 12-1 agains them before this recent run, in which the Packers won 2 super bowls during that stretch. What about the Niners? Oh yeah, ZERO.

31. therealsmiley says: Jan 15, 2014 12:24 PM

Def rooting for San Fran….Seatlle fans just seem extremely obnoxious (not all…just a lot). Hail!

32. mudhead123 says: Jan 15, 2014 12:27 PM

Getsome is very upset and angry. Not healthy man

33. getsome636 says: Jan 15, 2014 12:38 PM

Not upset at all my friend, just stating my opinion. And just to be fair, Seattle fans are not any different than Niner fans lol. But I hate the Seahawks just a little less, I think that is because there is barely a day that goes by that I do not think about that hit Chancellor laid on Vernon Davis, my all time favorite NFL hit.

34. russellwilsonismymvp says: Jan 15, 2014 12:39 PM

The extra travel and game will be a factor in the second half of the game when the Seahawks have fresher legs and Lynch starts to grind that tired frisco defense into dust.

35. getsome636 says: Jan 15, 2014 12:39 PM

I am pretty sure Ole Vernon still sees Kam Chancellor when he closes his eyes at night.

36. spthegr8 says: Jan 15, 2014 12:49 PM

@getsome
    Your opinion is biased cuz YOU still see Kaep in your nightmares!!!! 3-0 vs the Pack and 2 playoff exit’s. About sums it up….!!!

37. hawksfan3737 says: Jan 15, 2014 12:52 PM

Kapernick IN Seattle, 0-2. 32 comp, 74 att, 43.2%, 371 yards, 1 TD, 4 INT.

38. getsome636 says: Jan 15, 2014 1:04 PM

Jesus, those numbers are downright scary. That is some Ryan Leaf type stuff right there.

39. fasteddy415 says: Jan 15, 2014 1:05 PM

Funny how Seahawk Fans hold onto games that were played months ago. While the rest of the country see’s a 49er team that is much different then the week 2 matchup. Great football teams evolve and change over time. Noticed when the 49ers got healthy the team took off and is on fire. If this 49er team was healthy all year this game will not be in Seattle.

And apparently Seahawk fans don’t see the struggles of their QB the past 6 weeks or so. Your QB makes better decisions? Lol…The rest of the country is not so blinded.

Give it a rest already. Get to Tampa Bay’s level and you can argue with the big boys. Until then Pipe Down you have not won anything.

40. spthegr8 says: Jan 15, 2014 1:10 PM

Unless those stat’s you posted of Kaep are from this Sunday night. They are MEANINGLESS!!! Just Saying”!!!!

41. ilovefoolsball says: Jan 15, 2014 2:24 PM

It’s really hard to pick who to root for in this game.
    Seattle: On one hand I like the city of Seattle, but their fans have really left a bad taste in a lot of people’s mouths. There is a certain elitist mentality (even thought they have never won anything) that is just gross and they certainly don’t care, but I do like their quarterback a lot more than the tattooed bicep kisser. I really can’t stand the coach with all of his celebratory histrionics.

49ers: The quarterback has been very good, but again, I don’t like his demeanor. He comes off as a snotty little punk that doesn’t mind being disrespectful. The fans are also really pompous as well (it’s California go figure). I have however changed my mind on their coach. I like him a lot more than I did at this time last year.

So I’m just going to pull for whomever comes out of the AFC. If I absolutely HAD to pick one I guess I would pick…oh man this is really hard but I’d pick the 49ers. Simply because I’d like the Seahawks to remain a team that has never won anything.

42. jacqvoncc says: Jan 15, 2014 2:33 PM

Funny how 49ers fans keep using injury excuses as their only basis of losing in Seattle. “Oh if we were healthy blah blah blah”. Every team has injuries, dude. If the Hawks O-line was “healthy” all year then we would have won even more games then we already did…see, works both ways. Point is, BOTH teams are in the NFC Championship. BOTH teams dealt with injuries, BOTH teams have done what they needed to to get to this point, so to try and argue which team is the best is just pointless. Until you Whiners win ANYTHING this century, you have no room to talk.

43. hawksfan3737 says: Jan 19, 2014 11:55 PM

STILL think the stats wermeaningless? Kap is a good QB, but winning IN Seattle, especially in a close game is very tough.