Rob Ryan: I won’t be pressured to cut my hair

Rob Ryan AP

Saints defensive coordinator Rob Ryan has heard the talk that his long hair makes straight-laced NFL owners reluctant to hire him as a head coach. But Ryan says he won’t change his ways.

Ryan told FOX Sports that he’s going to cut his hair when he wants to, and not because anyone pressures him to do it.

“It is getting kind of long now. Eventually, I’ll cut it,” Ryan said. “But not now with the peer pressure. I think I’ll let it grow.”

Ryan has cut his hair short in the past, but he didn’t do it to advance his career: He did it to donate his hair to Locks of Love, a charity that makes wigs for children who have lost their hair to alopecia, chemotherapy or other medical causes.

“I’ve done that since I was in Oakland,” Ryan said. “It all started with my daughter. I went to school and one of her classmates needed hair and all that. So, I’ve donated my hair about five different times to Locks of Love.”

That’s just the kind of community service that NFL owners should want to see from potential head coaches.

Permalink 113 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: New Orleans Saints, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
113 Responses to “Rob Ryan: I won’t be pressured to cut my hair”
  1. leatherface2012 says: Jan 17, 2014 8:30 PM

oh i thought this was about manscaping

2. green41563 says: Jan 17, 2014 8:33 PM

“Get off my lawn!”

— old, pasty NFL owners, most of whom never made a dime that wasn’t the product of family connections.

3. bharr170 says: Jan 17, 2014 8:36 PM

He donated it to Locks of Love? What child had long white hair?

4. keepounding1234 says: Jan 17, 2014 8:37 PM

I said the exact same thing when I was eighteen years old.

5. elliottcovert says: Jan 17, 2014 8:39 PM

I hope for his own sake that he can be pressured into losing some weight.

6. ydousuk says: Jan 17, 2014 8:39 PM

Allways thought he was kind of a flakey guy, but I think that it is pretty cool of him to donate his hair to the Locks for Love foundation.

7. afcdomination says: Jan 17, 2014 8:40 PM

and here I thought it was about his total lack of playoff success in the NFL.

now he will get a job because of all this stupidity about profiling him.

frankly, he isn’t an NFL Head Coach, but it will be fun to watch the fail job. seems destined for the browns or some team that likes to frequently switch coaches

he isn’t even a “great” coordinator. his reputation comes from yapping, and his far more successful brother who has a super bowl as a DC to boast about at least.

8. nomoreseasontix says: Jan 17, 2014 8:40 PM

OK…. Won’t cut your hair…

Who Cares? Keep slamming PBRs and do what ever you want.

Who on Earth cares about it?

He’s not getting head coach traffic because his defenses have mostly been average to crappy. He’s not head coach material. He’s not even really DC material except for the last name.

Look it up. His defenses are usually mid-pack or lower….

9. bigdogsolec says: Jan 17, 2014 8:43 PM

WELL, i’ve done the same thing “donated my hair ” for me its ben 5 times.
    BUT there comes a time when you should stop donating your hair “WHEN IT TURNS GREY “.
    what kid wants grey hair ,even tho its hair for them. But come on GREY HAIR , CUT IT DUDE BECOME THE MAN YOUR DAD WANTED YOU TO BE

10. mattyjimmy says: Jan 17, 2014 8:43 PM

I’m tired of this subject. If you want more money and career advancement then cut your hair. If you are happy letting everyone know that you could be better then you are but you would rather not “sell out” then don’t. I just don’t care. Shut up.

11. arwiv says: Jan 17, 2014 8:44 PM

It looks cool when you are in your 20’s…it looks stupid when you are in your 50’s. Been there and done that (even though im 43 and am already aware that it looks stupid).

It’s a shame if this is what’s holding him back because he would probably be a pretty good NFL head coach.

12. Brinke says: Jan 17, 2014 8:47 PM

and exactly why havent the Rayduhz hired him?

13. jjbadd385 says: Jan 17, 2014 8:48 PM

Really, its kinda sad, but that’s the world we live in & always has been. There is no telling how many jobs I’ve been turned down for because of hairstyle, and/or tattoos…even though I was qualified. People will judge u that way, and I don’t blame Rob, it aint like he isn’t getting paid as a coordinater anyway.

14. hawaiifunfnull says: Jan 17, 2014 8:50 PM

If it’s true that NFL owners and GMs are so backward and reactionary that they would not hire a job applicant due to the length of his hair in 2014, then perhaps the Rooney Rule makes more sense than previously thought. Good grief. Are these people living in 1964?

15. mydoglouie says: Jan 17, 2014 8:50 PM

Really?!?!

16. thestrategyexpert says: Jan 17, 2014 8:54 PM

It only matters what the 8 owners of teams that need a HC for the next offseason think, whichever ones those are. Right now they think their HC is the best person to have that job today. What about 1 year from today?

17. jdphx says: Jan 17, 2014 8:55 PM

I guess it’s better if they are clean shaven, and have short haired, company men…..

like the guys in Denver (burp!)

18. devastationinc says: Jan 17, 2014 9:00 PM

I don’t have a problem with the hair, but cut it and get your chance. Be the bigger man and grow it out after you win a bunch.

19. rg3sus says: Jan 17, 2014 9:01 PM

I dig the fact he acts how he does. It’s a big part of the reason he’s able to get his players to buy in to his philosophy the way they do. If he were a phoney, people would know. On a side note, to those blasting him for donating his “grey” hair, research before you speak. Locks of love dyes and styles the hair after its cut. Getting the hair is the most important part and good for Rob for donating.

20. bullpuppy552 says: Jan 17, 2014 9:02 PM

Is it just me or does Rob Ryan look like a homeless bag lady? All that’s missing is Rob pushing a cart full of junk.

21. hardkor07mn says: Jan 17, 2014 9:09 PM

Lets not worry about the coach and maybe do something about the players who’s name you can’t read because their hair covers their name plate.

22. normaneinstein7 says: Jan 17, 2014 9:10 PM

And the sign says “Long-haired freaky people need not apply”
    So I put my hair up under my hat and I went in to ask him why
    He said you look like a fine outstanding young man, I think you’ll do
    So I took off my hat, I said “Imagine that, huh, me working for you”

23. helix828 says: Jan 17, 2014 9:11 PM

Between the murderers, gang members, rapists and God only knows what Kellen Winslow was doing, Rob Ryan’s hair is clearly what the owners should be more worried about. Clearly.

24. fanofevilempire says: Jan 17, 2014 9:13 PM

How many players in the league have long hair, braids and dreads and folks have you soon the
    o-linemen with the long hair and beards, they look like they belong on Duck Dynasty.

This is bull-sheet with the long hair, like Cleveland has a better option.

25. keltictim says: Jan 17, 2014 9:17 PM

Wow your telling me the owners want the face of their multi multi million dollar empires to look professional? You just blew my mind brother. If you have long hair and tats all over you look like a goof and it doesn’t matter what your credentials are your not going to be taken seriously. We get it you want to be a “individual”. Corporations don’t want you to express your individuality, they want you to follow the rules, be professional, and be a good worker. If that’s too hard to do for you, the world always needs more ditch diggers.

26. learysdisciples says: Jan 17, 2014 9:17 PM

Darling don’t you go and cut your hair of you think it’s going to make him change
    I’m just a boy with a new haircut, and it’s a pretty nice haircut

27. chessic4 says: Jan 17, 2014 9:22 PM

Sounds like you already are…

28. footballfan58 says: Jan 17, 2014 9:22 PM

That’s cool that he donates to Locks of Love, but he does look like a bum.

29. lsfloro says: Jan 17, 2014 9:23 PM

Atta boy Rob. Don’t cut your hair. I wish the Browns would hire you. You would be a perfect fit for the team, city, and fans.

30. beachsidejames says: Jan 17, 2014 9:26 PM

A haircut is alot ask. Can we at least get the guy to take a shower?

31. Patskrieg dot com says: Jan 17, 2014 9:29 PM

Shave those sideburns, Mattingly!

32. pencilfart says: Jan 17, 2014 9:31 PM

Bald guys talk about other men’s hair.

33. RE LEE says: Jan 17, 2014 9:32 PM

His hair just looked lovely in slow-mo when Thompkins caught the last second touchdown for a NO loss. Let it grow– you could pass for a grungy Fabio and make a margarine commercial.

34. pencilfart says: Jan 17, 2014 9:35 PM

Brinke is about as smart as a roll of now a latters

35. clesportsfan says: Jan 17, 2014 9:35 PM

I guess a hair fetish is better than a foot fetish…

36. arwiv says: Jan 17, 2014 9:42 PM

Yes, there is still a modicum of civility left…..that’s why you still see most people who matter in this word with neat haircuts and ties.

Obviously, that actually DOES still matter. If it didn’t, than why would anyone actually wear a tie?

37. magbastard says: Jan 17, 2014 9:43 PM

I have occasion to hire people. I won’t hire someone with hair like that or that have excessive, noticeable tattoos, or stuff piercing their face. I’ll never say that’s why, but it is the way it is.

38. xxchaos32xx says: Jan 17, 2014 9:45 PM

To all you guys saying “Kids don’t want/wear grey hair”. You are aware that there is stuff called “hair dye”, right?

39. ningenito78 says: Jan 17, 2014 9:50 PM

Say what you want but the guy deserves a shot. As long as the situation is perfect. He would be the guy to replace a strict head coach. Rex may be flawed by damnit if his players don’t play hard as hell for him.

40. geefan1 says: Jan 17, 2014 9:50 PM

That’s OK, Rob. It’s not your hair.

41. ytownjoe says: Jan 17, 2014 9:50 PM

He’s waiting for a call from the Raiders where he fits right in.

42. mudhead123 says: Jan 17, 2014 9:50 PM

Long hair on a guy NEVER looks cool and never has. He looks like an idiot and he isn’t a good coach anyway

43. beauregard says: Jan 17, 2014 10:02 PM

It’s clearly discrimination! I say we force owners to interview at least one longhair each time they interview for a new head coach. They should call it the Ryan Rule.

44. behike54 says: Jan 17, 2014 10:03 PM

What kind of childish moron cares more for things like hair and tats than his career?

Thats down right pathetic.

45. bert1913 says: Jan 17, 2014 10:07 PM

if rob won’t be pressured to take a shower, how in the world are you gonna pressure him to cut his hair?

46. bishopslappytruelove says: Jan 17, 2014 10:10 PM

The pubes must be frightening. I wonder if he tried to donate those too.

47. kevo95 says: Jan 17, 2014 10:13 PM

Bum

48. j0esixpack says: Jan 17, 2014 10:13 PM

Geeze…

Imagine having cancer and now all of a sudden finding out you might have Rob Ryan’s hair on your head?

Talk about insult to injury.

Someone stop this man – please!

49. macjacmccoy says: Jan 17, 2014 10:16 PM

Im the same way. If someone says I need to shave I won’t, at least for another week or 2. Even if I was planning to. Just so they dont get it in their head that they are the reason why I did.

50. j0esixpack says: Jan 17, 2014 10:17 PM

Crap. Now I have this imagery of a cancer ward full of kids sporting Rob Ryan mullets.

I’m gonna have nightmares, I know it.

51. backdapack4evr says: Jan 17, 2014 10:20 PM

Or lose weight!!

52. j0esixpack says: Jan 17, 2014 10:20 PM

Frankly I think this is Mullet Discrimination and I don’t like it.

We have the Rooney Rule. I think it’s time for “The Ryan Rool” requiring that all teams with vacancies at least interview someone with a mullet.

53. rmavs says: Jan 17, 2014 10:21 PM

I commend Rob for what he stands for. When I left the Air Force, I worked with a guy that had sleeve tats and was dedicated to growing his hair long. He was growing it for the same reason…to donate it to Locks of Love. As it turned out, his mom was a breast cancer survivor. My Wife has done the same thing with her hair for years. When it comes to football for Rob, can he coach defense? When it came to my friend, can he fix an aircraft? The answer is yes.

54. jbaxt says: Jan 17, 2014 10:34 PM

It’s not just for kids fellas, many parents and grandparent need the hair, even if it’s gray, too.

And I disagree about guys with long hair. Jon Martin says he loves guys with long hair.

Signed,
    Mr. Kluwe

55. charger383 says: Jan 17, 2014 10:37 PM

I like him more now

56. 2mcd says: Jan 17, 2014 10:40 PM

I almost cut my hair
    ‘Twas just the other day
    It was gettin’ kinda long
    I could-a said, it was in my way
    But I didn’t and I wonder why
    I want to let my freak flag fly
    And I feel like I owe it to someone

Must be because I had the flu for Christmas
    And I’m not feelin’ up to par
    It increases my paranoia
    Like lookin’ at my mirror and seein’ a lit up police car
    But I’m not givin’ in an inch to fear
    I promised myself this year
    I feel like I owe it to someone

When I finally get myself together
    Get down in some sunny southern weather
    Find a place inside to laugh
    Separate the wheat from the chaff
    ‘Cause I feel like I owe it to someone

57. phelbin says: Jan 17, 2014 10:44 PM

Most of the owners come from a corporate culture/mindset, and they expect the same attitude from their head coaches. The HC job in the NFL really is like like a CEO position.

Would you go to an accountant or a lawyer with long hair and neck tattoos? Yeah, me neither.

58. sportsnut101 says: Jan 17, 2014 10:51 PM

Isn’t this bullying
    Peer pressure by adults like skip a bay less n stephen a smith n others
    They should be ashamed of themselves. And be fined by Espn for their views how many of their bosses are overweight would they tell them that over the radio or tv

If ur coach is the face of ur franchise then u don’t have a franchise honestly. When u think of Vikings do u think of coach or Adrian Peterson
    When u think Denver do u think coach fox or Peyton manning

When the jets hired Rex Ryan he was overweight big time and he worked at it losing his weight thru surgery n being healthy

If the man can coach let him coach what’s the problem

59. davikes says: Jan 17, 2014 10:55 PM

Right now Jerry Jones would hire him if he could.

60. iamwhodat says: Jan 17, 2014 10:57 PM

Really people??? The guy is donating his hair for a worthy cause. Regardless of his hair color he is doing it for charity. And to some of you that say he isn’t a good coach, the guy turned around a historically bad defense and them ranked 4th at the end of the season.

61. joemac1114 says: Jan 17, 2014 11:13 PM

Dude, do what you want. There are lot of folks who will tell you what you should look like and you know where they can go. And if you want a head coaching job, have a number one defense on a Superbowl team.

62. milkcan44 says: Jan 17, 2014 11:17 PM

Why are we smarter than NFL owners??
    Buddy, Rex and Rob Ryan are all great Assistant Coaches, but not Head Coaches.
    The Peter Principle was written with them in mind.

63. hungbob says: Jan 17, 2014 11:19 PM

Almost cut my hair, it happened just the other day.
    It’s getting’ kinda long, I coulda said it wasn’t in my way.
    But I didn’t and I wonder why, I feel like letting my freak flag fly,
    Cause I feel like I owe it to someone.

CSN&Y

64. fearthehoody says: Jan 17, 2014 11:34 PM

You have to look the part! People don’t want to hear that, but that’s probably why most of you work at Walmart or make 30K a year. Look the part, put your time in (school or this case coordinating) and you’ll work your way up and be successful.

65. unbridledsexy says: Jan 17, 2014 11:54 PM

Still can’t believe that people think guys should man up and cut their hair. What a stupid backwards thing to say.

66. gergie1957 says: Jan 18, 2014 12:01 AM

There are people with hair, and then there all the lazy ones that keep it short so they don’t have to comb and wash it, Grow it Longer Rob.

67. hurricanegrabowski says: Jan 18, 2014 12:24 AM

Bad enough they won’t let him stay in the homeless shelter because of his disheveled appearance, now he’s losing head coaching opportunities because of it!

68. hehateme1 says: Jan 18, 2014 12:25 AM

Good for him. I’m not saying I’m a big fan of his, but he’s entitled to do what he wants with his hair. I believe he’s MORE than qualified to handle a head coaching gig. In fact, I’m shocked it hasn’t happened yet. It’s very unfortuante that team owners DO look at appearance. How did things work out for Einstein? In no way am I comparing, but basically he is capable of being a head coach. Much deserved.

69. oreo51 says: Jan 18, 2014 12:29 AM

I rather like his hair. I have always wanted to style mine that way. A ponytail would be nice, too. I am not a fan of tats, however.

70. rrthomasxyz says: Jan 18, 2014 12:32 AM

Unbelievable! History repeating itself. Back in ’71 I set a Pac-8 record in the marathon and then got kicked off the track team because I wouldn’t cut my hair. It destroyed my athletic career. Now, in 2014, we have ignorant, pathetic idiots who still tie hair length to performance and, “well he just looks terrible!” And, “I don’t think it’s right.” Just unbelievable to me.

71. DaveKShape says: Jan 18, 2014 12:37 AM

I am an older dude with long hair and a beard, and I’m an upstanding citizen with a stable, good job who tries to be a good person, mind my own business, and keep it moving. Ryan is kind of an outspoken dude, but he seems like a nice enough guy who works hard.

It still boggles my mind that Ryan is theoretically at a disadvantage because of his hair… especially in a profession like the NFL where it doesn’t really matter what he looks like.

It’s not like he’s a surgeon where long hair could theoretically get in his field of vision during a major procedure or something. He’s a coach of lots of young dudes, half of whom have long hair. You figure that would be an advantage… just saying.

72. pfic15 says: Jan 18, 2014 12:37 AM

Good. We like you in NO.

73. edwinmoses says: Jan 18, 2014 12:53 AM

you hear that folks, Robby won’t be pressured to stop being a slob and not taken seriously w/ CEO’s of million/billion dolla corps. The man has convictions!!!

74. rainmaker1982 says: Jan 18, 2014 1:13 AM

Cutting his hair is a cop out for why teams really don’t want to hire him. It’s because he’s a hothead and has epic meltdowns on the sideline.

I bet most people don’t realize he got his first gig in the pros with Bill Bilichick and the New England Patriots. He was a good coach and didn’t go nuts on the sidelines like he’s known to today.

75. pacificamjr says: Jan 18, 2014 1:24 AM

someone mated with this fat tub o lard?! im gonna have nightmares about that till eternity…

Rob: you will never EVER be the HC of an NFL team

76. zubrecords says: Jan 18, 2014 1:29 AM

Come on guys. If you are 50+ there aren’t many out there with any hair at all… Rob’s hair is great. if he wants to give it to the kids there is such a thing as DYE…you know. I’m 50+ and have recently grown my hair out and I can tell you one thing for sure…the ladies LOVE it.

77. edshrinker says: Jan 18, 2014 1:39 AM

His hair has nothing to do with his coaching ability. That being said – he sounds like a petulant teenager who is losing out on job opportunities because “you can’t make me cut my hair!!” He might actually get HC interviews if he presented better. A HC is one of the main faces of a franchise. It might be dumb, but billionaires are careful to put perpetual teenagers in charge of their property.

78. phinagain says: Jan 18, 2014 1:46 AM

I’m sure that last sentence was supposed read “potential HAIR coaches.”

79. whodey420 says: Jan 18, 2014 1:49 AM

Really?! Hair length is an issue in 2014!? Luckily this guy doesn’t have a twin, coaching in the biggest market with a mediocre QB and had gastric bypass surgery to fit in with the rest of the sheep in America!!!

80. dirtdawg54 says: Jan 18, 2014 2:16 AM

It’s not about his hair. It’s about his inability to coach. And yeah, his fan base looks past that because he’s bad a$$, but it doesn’t change his record, which has been below average.

81. citiciti says: Jan 18, 2014 2:16 AM

I think there should be a rule that owners must interview at least one White guy with long hair for head coach openings for there team.

82. txnative61 says: Jan 18, 2014 3:15 AM

Heard about this before when he was with the Cowboys and think its a very worthwhile and personal way to contribute. No doubt wigmakers dye and style the grey hair, but the texture of human hair can not be duplicated synthetically. As for Head Coaching jobs, I think Rob is the only Ryan smart enough to not really want to be promoted above his level of competence.

83. gettingpwned says: Jan 18, 2014 3:18 AM

Good on him!

84. themagicalrighttestical says: Jan 18, 2014 3:21 AM

Rob Ryan is so much more like able than Rex but he still finds ways to annoy me at times

85. nyneal says: Jan 18, 2014 3:38 AM

Why would anyone give this nitwit a head coaching job?? Even his own jackass brother won’t hire him as a defensive coordinator, so what does that tell you?
    These two guys are living off their father’s reputation, anyway. At least he was a good defensive coordinator. But he was a jerk, too, and the apples didn’t fall far from the tree.

86. thetooloftools says: Jan 18, 2014 4:01 AM

This guy would be frightening as a head coach. I would run through walls for him and like it. I’m sure Cleveland never gave him a shot because our owner is a wuss bag.
    Jimmy Haslam sucks. Total idiot loser.

87. floratiotime says: Jan 18, 2014 4:47 AM

Do we have a shot at getting you to wash it ?

88. daggolden says: Jan 18, 2014 5:09 AM

Im not a genius Rob Ryan but I do know this. Being a coordinator I would think you make about 1 million a year. If you cut your hair you probably will get a avg of 5 mill over 5 years to be a head coach. F%^K the pride. Damn dude it will grow back. Its all about the Benjamin’s!

89. olduke says: Jan 18, 2014 6:48 AM

I’m sure that they dye his hair, so don’t worry about the grey color, stupid! I’m not a fan of Rob, but give him props for the charity. His bark is worse than his bite.

90. wildcatjoe says: Jan 18, 2014 6:51 AM

“Just call me The Dude”

-Rob ‘Lebowski’ Ryan

91. easywolf says: Jan 18, 2014 7:22 AM

Raiders

92. vavikingfan says: Jan 18, 2014 8:05 AM

I don’t think that’s the reason he’s not getting opportunities particularily since NFL teams have shown they don’t care about anything other than performance. Aaron Hernandez ring a bell?
    He certainly has capitalized on his appearance to get face time on TV.

93. citpyrc says: Jan 18, 2014 8:13 AM

Maybe the Rooneys should add something to the rule so there is no discrimination due to long hair.

It’s funny how players can be covered from head to toe in tattoos but a coach can’t have long hair. Not that I think Ryan is head coaching material but this should be a non issue.

94. marcuswelby1 says: Jan 18, 2014 8:17 AM

I commend him for his charitable work…but what qualifies him to be an HC in the NFL, he has had one good year as a DC, and at best a string of mediocre ones.

95. mcmccii says: Jan 18, 2014 8:46 AM

To all the yes-men saying he should cut his hair, go back to your corporate grave (errr job) and keep doing as you are told. Somebody has to sell those insurance plans. Some people just can’t stand it when a man lives his own life. The man is more successful in his field than 75% of humans. I think that should be enough. It is really sad that in this day and age, we are still caught up on silly things like hair length.

96. bcgreg says: Jan 18, 2014 8:51 AM

What kid wants a wig of gray hair? Cut your hair. It’s over.

97. harrisonhits2 says: Jan 18, 2014 8:59 AM

I think Rob not being interviewed for a head coaching job is more about how Rex has acted the last few years and not this guy’s appearance. I don’t think most owners want their head coach to be a constant embarrassment in the media.

98. dynaco says: Jan 18, 2014 9:30 AM

So does this mean the NFL owners are not found of Jesus with his long hair?

99. billytodd2013blbaad says: Jan 18, 2014 9:45 AM

Rob seems to understand where he is meant to be, a Defensive Cord. So many excellent Cordinators (aka Wade Phillips,Norve Turner, Jason Garrett) become head coaches and fail miserably before they realize or eventually realize where they are at their best, fortunately Rob knows that he is a Defensive Cord and doesn’t seem in a hurry for the HC gig just yet.

100. dexterismyhero says: Jan 18, 2014 10:09 AM

Why would he want to cut it? He would look too much like Rex again.

101. 1rockyracoon says: Jan 18, 2014 10:29 AM

His attitude is why he will never be a head coach. He responded like a teenager when it’s suggested he should cut his hair. Just be a DC is a lot different than be the head coach of a team. He has a great defensive mind, but lacks what it takes to be the leader of a team. He’s just like his brother and father. It’s a lot easier to be the class clown (class clowns are never actually funny) defensive coordinator than it is to be the leader.

102. joewilliesshnoz says: Jan 18, 2014 10:39 AM

Now, if they could only get him to donate some of that body fat, to Guts from Gluttens.

103. countyk66ers says: Jan 18, 2014 10:54 AM

I think Rob and Rex should be co-head coaches. It makes sense.

104. screamingsheep69 says: Jan 18, 2014 10:55 AM

Pull up a pic of him in the rain in Seattle, and a pic of the character from Dave Chappelles Sesame Street STD skit for Oscar the Grouch. Dead ringer.

105. anarchopurplism says: Jan 18, 2014 11:04 AM

It’d grow back in like….5 minutes

106. sayingthetruthperiod says: Jan 18, 2014 11:07 AM

hair can be dyed you know.
    Thats pretty admirable of him. Why cant people give others credit sometimes

107. richwizl says: Jan 18, 2014 11:13 AM

I don’t much care for the look, but I respect him for not letting anyone force it on him. Is he out of uniform, like Ridley’s red shoes? I guess the NFL might get strict about it, again. In the old days, most head coaches wore ties and were dressed up.

108. bkg63 says: Jan 18, 2014 4:13 PM

Let it grow wild, man!

109. dirtydrew says: Jan 18, 2014 4:47 PM

Nobody cares

110. alwaysr1ght says: Jan 18, 2014 6:11 PM

Conduct detrimental to the team…

111. albanyjints says: Jan 18, 2014 6:58 PM

What a rebel!!.

112. bcajun says: Jan 18, 2014 10:02 PM

Leave Rob and his hair alone

113. kimbo71006 says: Jan 21, 2014 11:59 PM

Apparently all you people on here are clueless!

They DIE the hair…they don’t leave it gray.

Geez, please don’t speak about a subject you don’t have a clue about (and for some of you THAT IS FOOTBALL TOO).