Frank Gore broke his finger against the Seahawks

0983180566c3b6fb3f598f6a3b82bf3c Getty Images

Linebacker NaVorro Bowman and guard Mike Iupati weren’t the only 49ers to leave Sunday’s loss to the Seahawks with injuries.

Coach Jim Harbaugh announced at a press conference on Tuesday that running back Frank Gore broke his right ring finger during the game. Harbaugh said that he wasn’t aware that Gore suffered an injury until after the game and that it wasn’t the reason why Gore wasn’t on the field for the Niners’ final offensive plays of the game.

Matt Maiocco of CSNBayArea.com reports that Gore, who had just 14 yards on 11 carries on Sunday, will have minor surgery to repair the injury. It’s not expected to impact his readiness for the offseason program.

Harbaugh also confirmed that Bowman tore both his MCL and ACL and that he will have to wait for the MCL injury to heal before doctors perform surgery on the ACL. He also confirmed that guard Mike Iupati fractured his fibula, but that he will not need surgery to make a full recovery.

Permalink 11 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Rumor Mill, San Francisco 49ers
11 Responses to “Frank Gore broke his finger against the Seahawks”
  1. mistercarlton says: Jan 21, 2014 3:57 PM

For some reason barely anyone has mentioned the fact above: Frank Gore, 11 carries for 14 yards. Now that is some run defense. Fortunately Manning can’t run it like Kaepernick. I am a Seahawks fan, but wish all injured 49ers a great recovery, that was a tough game.

2. thecrimsoneye says: Jan 21, 2014 3:59 PM

Bad luck ending to a bad luck year. The Niners fought through it all and STILL got to the Championship game.

3. ratsfoiledagain says: Jan 21, 2014 4:11 PM

Probably from him choking in this game.

He barely had more rushing yards than carries.

4. cascadehawk says: Jan 21, 2014 4:13 PM

It’s much easier to whine about a kicker who’s non-kicking foot lands on a Hawk player after punting than it is to look at the real reasons why the game was lost.

5. radrntn says: Jan 21, 2014 4:48 PM

well that explains everything….no wonder he averaged only one yard a carry….for a minute there i thought it had something to do with the seahawks defense.

6. kingpel says: Jan 21, 2014 4:53 PM

I am thinking Frank Gore suffered a concussion during that game and tried to tough it out.

7. 5to46hawkfan says: Jan 21, 2014 5:27 PM

Harbarf sure knows a lot about nothing…. I don’t think we tripped
    J. Lane….. I didn’t know he was hurt…. I I I I I uh uh uh uh

8. pooflingingmonkey says: Jan 21, 2014 5:37 PM

I wouldn’t write off Gore just yet. That is one tough dude.

9. raiderrob21 says: Jan 21, 2014 6:02 PM

Was that before or after the Seattle D took away his manhood?

10. kkalama1 says: Jan 22, 2014 1:57 AM

It’s a devastating blow to these guys, I hope they make a % 100 recovery so the seahawks rivalry will continue with them. All you 49er fans talked soo much trash pregame and now it’s all over for you. But hopefully they recover

11. tedandderby says: Jan 22, 2014 3:12 PM

I am a seahawk. I would like to think both sides are big enough to beat daises out of each other during the game, then grab your opponent for a pizza and laughs after the game.