The first-ever Pro Bowl draft began Tuesday with interior defensive linemen, and the No. 1 overall pick was one of the household names and disruptive forces at the position.
Ndamukong Suh, the Lions’ star defensive tackle, was the top selection on the first day of the Pro Bowl draft in Honolulu.
The NFL’s all-star game has discontinued its by-conference format in favor of a draft, which is being conducted by position.
Team Sanders, the team led by Deion Sanders, selected Suh. Then, Team Rice, captained by Jerry Rice, took Cowboys defensive tackle Jason Hatcher, and the draft was in full swing.
Players at the following positions were selected on Day One: interior defensive linemen, offensive guards, centers, fullbacks, special-teams coverage players, punters and long-snappers. Players were selected at the positions until all players had been assigned to a team.
The following positions have yet to be drafted: quarterback, running back, wide receiver, tight end, defensive end, outside linebacker, inside linebacker, cornerback and safety.
Day Two of the draft is Wednesday.
Here is how each team drafted on Day One:
1. Lions DT Ndamukong Suh (No. 1 overall pick).
2. Buccaneers DT Gerald McCoy (3).
3. Chiefs NT Dontari Poe (5).
4. Ravens OG Marshal Yanda (8).
5. Patriots OG Logan Mankins (10).
6. Bears OG Kyle Long (12).
7. Dolphins C Mike Pouncey (13).
8. Browns C Alex Mack (15).
9. Raiders FB Marcel Reece (18).
10. Patriots ST Matthew Slater (19).
11. Dolphins P Brandon Fields (22).
12. Panthers LS J.J. Jansen (24).
Coach: Chuck Pagano (Colts).
1. Cowboys DT Jason Hatcher (2).
2. Bills DT Marcell Dareus (4).
3. Bills DT Kyle Williams (6).
4. Saints OG Jahri Evans (7).
5. Saints OG Ben Grubbs (9).
6. Eagles OG Evan Mathis (11).
7. Panthers C Ryan Kalil (14).
8. Jets C Nick Mangold (16).
9. Panthers FB Mike Tolbert (17).
10. Cardinals ST Justin Bethel (20).
11. Rams P Johnny Hekker (21).
12. Colts LS Matt Overton (23).
Coach: Ron Rivera (Panthers).