Three Seahawks jerseys are among the best selling

Wilson AP

As the Seahawks develop a more national following, their players are realizing the benefits.

According to Darren Rovell of ESPN.com, three of the top 10 jerseys sold since April 1 belong to Seahawks players.  Quarterback Russell Wilson comes in at No. 2, behind only Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning.  Running back Marshawn Lynch ranks sixth.  And cornerback Richard Sherman lands at No. 10.

Per Rovell, Sherman has jumped three spots in January alone.

The other six in the top 10 are 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick (No. 4), Patriots quarterback Tom Brady (No. 5), Saints quarterback Drew Brees (No. 6), Vikings running back Adrian Peterson (No. 7), Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers (No. 8), and Dolphins quarterback Ryan Tannehill (No. 9).

It’s safe to say that plenty of Wilson, Lynch, and Sherman jerseys will be sold in the next two weeks.

Permalink 80 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Rumor Mill, Seattle Seahawks, Top Stories
80 Responses to “Three Seahawks jerseys are among the best selling”
  1. whatjusthapped says: Jan 22, 2014 8:40 AM

My guess is that the Sherman jerseys will not continue to trend up, unless the purchaser wants to announce to the world that he is an arrogant, self-centered, egotistical a$$hole.

2. ballinmore says: Jan 22, 2014 8:42 AM

With having a QB who cracks the top 10 in jersey sales I’m really surprised at the amount of Ricky Williams jerseys you still see in Miami.

3. gadzod says: Jan 22, 2014 8:42 AM

I guess Lynch and Sherman tied at 10th?

4. remok9 says: Jan 22, 2014 8:42 AM

No surprise. Forecast shows that a strong Fairweather front has been blowing from the Northwest, and will continue for the next two weeks. Causing many from the area to bundle up in those jerseys….

5. micknangold says: Jan 22, 2014 8:43 AM

You’d think that most of the people who wanted Manning and Brady jerseys would have them already, but I guess a lot of those sales are to kids or casual fans anyways. Not at all surprised about the young quarterbacks, except Tannehill. Didn’t realize he was all that popular, assuming popularity is what drives jersey sales and not just sweet-looking jerseys. Not knocking him as a player, he’s a much-improved player compared to his rookie year.

6. The League's Crusade Against The Steelers Continues says: Jan 22, 2014 8:44 AM

What about Aaron Curry?

7. samapoc says: Jan 22, 2014 8:48 AM

I have to be honest, why would anyone buy a jersey? Tshirts are more comfortable and don’t look ridiculous.

8. rjmarrella says: Jan 22, 2014 8:49 AM

The tannenhill jersey is a bit of a surprise … Is he that popular or does it have more to do with the region he plays in?

9. tooz72 says: Jan 22, 2014 8:49 AM

same ppl buying these bought Joe Flacco and Ray Rice jerseys last year at this time #ridethebandwagon

10. romo2witten says: Jan 22, 2014 8:49 AM

This certainly shows how many frontrunners there are out there.

11. elwaysagenius says: Jan 22, 2014 8:50 AM

So Sherman and Lynch tied?

12. bostonian13 says: Jan 22, 2014 8:56 AM

T shirts are for the lovers.

Jerseys are for the bandwagoners.

Not 100 percent true but mostly accurate.

13. jkulha86 says: Jan 22, 2014 8:57 AM

Here comes another rant from Sherman on why he should have the #1 selling jersey.

14. bobleblah says: Jan 22, 2014 9:01 AM

Poor Joe Flacco. Last years leftovers are selling cheap at T J Maxx.

15. jimmyt says: Jan 22, 2014 9:01 AM

Man, there sure are a lot of people spending hard earned cash on over-priced NFL gear. PT Barnum must have been right – there is one born every minute.

16. bradytoanybody says: Jan 22, 2014 9:02 AM

17. blars82 says: Jan 22, 2014 9:02 AM

Who has the #3 jersey? I only count 9 people in the top 10 there.

18. packattack1967 says: Jan 22, 2014 9:02 AM

Never wear any jersey but your own.

19. bennyb82 says: Jan 22, 2014 9:03 AM

I heard if you buy now, you can get a discount on your adderall prescription.

20. cmoney4949 says: Jan 22, 2014 9:03 AM

Sherman jersey wearers= classless

21. pdmjr says: Jan 22, 2014 9:03 AM

If you’re a grown man why would you buy a football jersey?

22. phinatic29 says: Jan 22, 2014 9:07 AM

The HOTTEST t-shirts on the markets read…..

Sherman is a Richard
    Carroll is a Peter

With a Seahawk Logo ….. those are flying off the shelves.

23. drsportsjock says: Jan 22, 2014 9:09 AM

Was Richard Sherman’s apology sincere?

24. tap79 says: Jan 22, 2014 9:09 AM

I dont really do the Jersey thing…. But I did buy my wife and I a new Seahawk sweatshirt this year and I have had Hawks T-shirts and hats for years…. I also bought a Seahawks bong this year too.

25. ariani1985 says: Jan 22, 2014 9:11 AM

Who wants to talk about the Percy Harvin trade fleecing?

26. bennyb82 says: Jan 22, 2014 9:11 AM

pdmjr says:
    Jan 22, 2014 9:03 AM
    If you’re a grown man why would you buy a football jersey?
    —————————–
    I would like to think it is all beautiful women buying them to use as nightgowns.

27. Patskrieg dot com says: Jan 22, 2014 9:13 AM

Fast forward to 2016 where Ryan Tannehill jersey’s win the Most Donated to Goodwill poll by a landslide.

28. tap79 says: Jan 22, 2014 9:13 AM

bradytoanybody says: Jan 22, 2014 9:02 AM

I live in Renton.. This fanbase is so fairweather and bandwagon it’s comical. You used to have to hunt for a hawks fan or merch. Now it’s every 5 feet….

I do agree with the fact that they are selling way more crap these days.. It used to be hard to just find a Hawks hat now they are EVERYWHERE… Its cool though it is good for team support, I just wish when they are not doing so great you could still find some good stuff.

29. seabrawk12 says: Jan 22, 2014 9:14 AM

@ whatjusthappened
    Or they would like a jersey of the best secondary player in the league. Maybe they’d also like to prove that they aren’t part of the thousands of morons that gave into a hyped up story blown way out of proportion by the media. No that can’t be it right?

30. beastmode5150 says: Jan 22, 2014 9:20 AM

But…I thought everyone hated…hmmm

31. seattlesue427 says: Jan 22, 2014 9:22 AM

Here’s the entire list…in the correct order:

Top-Selling NFL Player Jerseys

1 Peyton Manning, Broncos
    2 Russell Wilson, Seahawks
    3 Colin Kaepernick, 49ers
    4 Tom Brady, Patriots
    5 Drew Brees, Saints
    6 Marshawn Lynch, Seahawks
    7 Adrian Peterson, Vikings
    8 Aaron Rodgers, Packers
    9 Ryan Tannehill, Dolphins
    10 Richard Sherman, Seahawks

32. commonsensedude says: Jan 22, 2014 9:24 AM

One explanation for the increase: Pharmacists in the Seattle area have been making a lot more money lately and are buying more jerseys for their favorite team.

33. realitycheckbaby says: Jan 22, 2014 9:24 AM

bradytoanybody says:
    Jan 22, 2014 9:02 AM

==========

Sure.

Your tag is Brady but you live in Renton and follow the Hawks.

34. Youknowimright says: Jan 22, 2014 9:34 AM

Is Ryan Tannehill really at #9? What’s wrong with people?

35. crookfactory says: Jan 22, 2014 9:34 AM

@Patskrieg dot com:

You do realize your QB/ coaches era of dominance ended with an amazing run stifled by none other than Peyton Manning? Brady’s decline is almost complete and will soon be hosting a morning or pregame show. Then its Ryan Mallet, and back to the continuous decades of Pats irrelevance.

36. thedoubleentandres says: Jan 22, 2014 9:35 AM

The guys in my fantasy league had to buy me a Manning jersey last year for winning it.
    After it arrived I stuck up a few pics of me gloating with it, then I took it over to the ironing board and accidentally burnt a massive hole in it within about 2 minutes of ownership.

And the final insult came about a week later when i went to iron my favourite T-shirt and the iron put a bright orange streak right up the front.

37. meatcarroll says: Jan 22, 2014 9:36 AM

I live in the Bay Area and the amount of bandwagon 49ers fans are far more plentiful. Ask any one of them who George Seifert or Jeff Garcia is and they’ll give you a blank, uncomprehending stare. They’re easily identifiable by their Kaepernick jerseys. Only a bandwagoner could proudly sport the jersey of a complete embarrassment of a QB like that loser.

38. morgusthemagnificent says: Jan 22, 2014 9:38 AM

Bree’s and lynch both at 6??

39. negativten says: Jan 22, 2014 9:38 AM

Its either pot or Seahawks jerseys.Seattle fans are hopin this buzz lasts more than 2 hours

40. securb2013 says: Jan 22, 2014 9:39 AM

I am a Dolphins fan and I am yet to buy a Ryan Tannehill shirt. I have enough shirts of Dolphins that were 3 years and out on the team. I have no need to buy another jersey to collect dust next to my Ricky Williams #34 and David Boston #80 shirt. That being said a Cameron Wake shirt might be in my future.

41. floratiotime says: Jan 22, 2014 9:43 AM

Fair … weather … fans.

42. bradytoanybody says: Jan 22, 2014 9:57 AM

@realitycheckbaby. Never said I follow the hawks. Just happen to live here. ASSumptions can be a B

43. poesports says: Jan 22, 2014 10:00 AM

bobleblah says:
    Jan 22, 2014 9:01 AM

Poor Joe Flacco. Last years leftovers are selling cheap at T J Maxx.

Poor Joe Flacco? Yeah. Let’s single out a Super Bowl winning MVP as an example. lol

44. The Great Ted Thompson the Genius says: Jan 22, 2014 10:09 AM

The best-selling jersey in Seattle is the #12 12th Man jersey. Those fans fell for a marketing gimmick and now believe they actually have some impact on the outcome of the game. Perfect fanbase for the Me-hawks.

45. sociosquatch says: Jan 22, 2014 10:11 AM

at least 80% of them will be worn once then put in a drawer

46. thejuddstir says: Jan 22, 2014 10:11 AM

Does Sherman’s jersey say “Dick Sherman” on the back?

47. MasMacho says: Jan 22, 2014 10:15 AM

@bradytoanybody

So typical Seattle (I live in Renton, too).

Hate the lack of support for the team… team does well… city goes nuts… and now you complain because people support the team.

In a few years when the Mariners follow the Sonics out of town I’m sure you’ll be the first guy at the city hall meeting yelling at the council because fans don’t support the team.

48. jboody79 says: Jan 22, 2014 10:16 AM

It’s the first time a Hawks jersey has ever been in the top 10. That tells me that the big bad 12th men are a bunch of bandwagon fans!

49. schmitty2 says: Jan 22, 2014 10:23 AM

I used to live in Seattle and the fans in general are some of the most fairweather fans there are. It started with the Mariners in the 1995 “refuse to lose “season and continued with the Hawks SB season of 2005. With that being said they have one of the most passionate fan bases you will see.

50. stinkfingers says: Jan 22, 2014 10:30 AM

People know that isn’t a LAUREN Tannehill jersey, right?

51. bigdon76 says: Jan 22, 2014 10:30 AM

@bradytoanybody as a life long niners fan who lived in everrett washington I can second that their fan base is garbage bandwagon fans. these same fans let the supersonics up and leave cause they didnt want to finance arena. #supportyourteamevenindownyears

52. seatownballers says: Jan 22, 2014 10:34 AM

@ariani
    Who wants to talk about the Percy trade fleecing?

I do!
    Vikings fans everywhere think they’ve uncovered the holy grail. But let’s look closer. Picks given for Percy 1,3,7.
    Picks given Patterson 2,3,4,7. But now, the Vikings have half as many wins as they did in the previous season. Not to mention the patriots used those picks to draft depth, to get them to a conference championship. Meanwhile, Peterson says he wants to play in Texas, the Vikings need a qb, have a new coach, finished last in the division, and draft Rhodes with the pick sent them. Rhodes now starts on the 29th ranked pass defense. How about that for truth!
    Why think Minnesota has good management? They cut Winfield, only to sign Freeman. Let me know how far he gets you. The Vikings moved on from their 2 best players outside of Peterson, and now have half as many wins.
    Great talk.

53. killitandeatit says: Jan 22, 2014 10:35 AM

I thought there wood be a 12th man jersey with “food thrower” on the back.

54. bassplucker says: Jan 22, 2014 10:36 AM

So, if you wear the jersey of a guy who’s a known tool (Lynch or Sherman) does that make you a tool as well? Or does it just mean you accept the player’s tool-ishness?

55. newjerseygiants says: Jan 22, 2014 10:39 AM

Darren Rovell still has a a job?

56. mediasloppy says: Jan 22, 2014 10:41 AM

I might buy a few Seahawk jersey’s for my little nieces and nephews so when they are playing outside at night those neon-green reflectors can keep them safe…

57. lolo376 says: Jan 22, 2014 10:45 AM

Everyone jumping on the bandwagon I see

58. linemanguy74 says: Jan 22, 2014 10:46 AM

WHY ???

59. brettfavresmidget says: Jan 22, 2014 10:52 AM

Richard Sherman is upset that more of his teammates do not have jerseys in the top 10.

60. MasMacho says: Jan 22, 2014 10:52 AM

The bandwagon in Seattle is so new that every game in the history of Century Link / Qwest Field / Seahawks stadium sold out (94 and counting).

Not Washington-like (close to 300), but also not Bengals / Colts-like, who couldn’t even sell out a playoff game a few weeks ago.

The truth will set you free.

61. daysend564 says: Jan 22, 2014 11:20 AM

Bandwagon grows…

62. kuranda84 says: Jan 22, 2014 11:34 AM

Listen to all these name callers…like Seattle is the first team to do well and have some bandwagoners. People act like this has never happened in the history of sports when in fact this happens EVERY SINGLE YEAR THERE HAS EVER BEEN A SPORTING EVENT.

Pathetic what some people will say to try to tear down other people. Some of us “bandwagoners” have been here since Largent, Chris Warren, Brian Blades, and The Boz. Some of us were there when Hansen missed the 30-some yd field goal that would have put us in the playoffs in the 90s. Some of us had to suffer through the Rick Mirer years, the Deon Branch trade, and watching Bo Jackson truck Boz on the goal line.

Believe it or not…some of us have been here since the beginning and are very proud of this team. I was born in ’82 and have been a fan since.

Go Hawks!!!

63. thebirdofprey2 says: Jan 22, 2014 11:44 AM

Man oh man, some of you are so hurt and jealous of Seattle’s success. I don’t think there is any other fanbase of any sport that gets as much media attention as the 12th man. It’s not because it is some fad or bandwagon, it has been this exact same way since 2002.

Even when we had the lean few years and had 4 wins- the stadium was still sold out and wild. Qwest Field now Century Link still lead the league in false starts and we passionately supported our team. PC/JS turned this thing around to where it is overflowing with young talent and going to be a top team for years to come especially with the scout team that is in place. Just say it with me and stop being mad “Go Hawks”

64. taintedsaints2009 says: Jan 22, 2014 11:48 AM

I live in denver. Every soul here has a manning jersey or manning t- shirt, and I am not exaggerating.

65. number1hawkfan says: Jan 22, 2014 12:00 PM

Internet trolls are a vocal minority. There’s a lot of Seahawks hate here but the truth is there are a lot of people that like the way the hawks carry themselves. It’s proof by these jersey sales. Is it that bad that they talk trash and back it up?? I love it. It’s better than you tool boxes that talk trash anonymously behind your keyboard. It’s great to root for a football team that physically beats the other team and tells you about it the whole time . Too bad you trolls can’t enjoy it with me. Maybe next year you favorite team will do what my hawks are doing.
    #havin fun in Seattle

66. bigbluefan1 says: Jan 22, 2014 12:37 PM

Some of the reasons sherman jerseys are selling

Most sales are in Ghetto’s
    Most are not sold but shop lifted
    Bought to replace Vick Jersey’

The seapigons will fail and go back to that dump Seattle
    Think what has come out of Washington State
    Over priced coffee
    Microsoft
    And now Paytons next victim

None of the above are any darn good

67. gosuck1 says: Jan 22, 2014 12:48 PM

bigdon76 says:Jan 22, 2014 10:30 AM

———————————————————

Seahawks have sold out 94 games and counting, so your post makes no sense.

You’re a fan of the Santa Clara 49ers…you still mad bro?

68. hockeyman22 says: Jan 22, 2014 12:58 PM

thedoubleentandres says:Jan 22, 2014 9:35 AM

———————————————————-
    Who irons their t-shirts??

69. mdd913 says: Jan 22, 2014 1:37 PM

More impressive to me is that Drew Brees jerseys are still big sellers when he A) plays for one of the smallest markets in the league. B) has been there so long you would think most people who wanted his jersey would’ve gotten it long before now. C) plays for one of the most hated teams in the NFL, so you know that not too many of those sales are coming from outside the home market.

70. stoytashaan says: Jan 22, 2014 1:52 PM

Paraphrasing Rome, but unless you are seven years old or actually play in that Jersey, put it to rest fellas.

71. suckittrebek76 says: Jan 22, 2014 1:54 PM

People who don’t play on the team look ridiculous in jerseys. Unless it’s Halloween.

Or if you’re younger than 13.

72. hawksfan30 says: Jan 22, 2014 1:58 PM

I wouldn’t put much stock into this. There are far better places to buy jerseys than from NFL.com, if that’s your thing. These are just the top 10 jerseys bought by fans who love to be overcharged.

73. pantherpro says: Jan 22, 2014 2:13 PM

Didn’t know Seahawks were in NFC until five years ago. Weren’t they sorry AFC team for a few years?

74. pantherpro says: Jan 22, 2014 2:16 PM

Where can I find Sherman is a richard and Carroll is a peter tshirts?Now that’s a best seller

75. FlashPatterson says: Jan 22, 2014 2:19 PM

I’m surprised AD is in the top 10, 28 isn’t an attractive jersey number, I’m a big Vikings fan and I don’t even want one.

76. dtownsportslions says: Jan 22, 2014 3:00 PM

Buy more Calvin Johnson jerseys! You idiots!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

77. ignatiuspabulum says: Jan 22, 2014 3:09 PM

Dolphins fan here, but Tannehill’s rank is obviously due to the jersey redesign. Lots of fans probably wanted the new jersey, and who the hell else were they going to get?

Guess logo changes really do move product.

78. 8to80texansblog says: Jan 22, 2014 3:17 PM

I’m a little surprised Tannehill is on there and JJ Watt isn’t…

79. jacqvoncc says: Jan 22, 2014 3:27 PM

Man, for all you people that claim to hate the Seahawks so much, you sure do talk about them a lot! Judging from these comment boards, it’s clear you all lead completely pathetic lives and need to bash others success in an attempt to make you feel better about yourselves. It’s really sad that a fan base is unable to passionately support their team without constant negativity from outsiders who’s teams will be watching the big game from their couches this year. Who are you to have any say in someone spending THEIR hard earned money on their favorite player’s jersey? Hate on, losers!!

80. busman1950 says: Jan 23, 2014 7:28 PM

As a long time 49er fan let me explain to the clueless
    shehawk fanbase.When you have a successful football team people don’t like you,thus you get a lot of hate.Which is why you hate the niners cause they are a successful team.Its a prestige thing you will learn to live with being hated.