Goodell: I want Richard Sherman to present himself in a positive way

goodell AP

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell likes Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman. And Goodell would like Sherman to think about the way he presents himself on TV.

Asked on CBS This Morning to react to Sherman’s interview after the NFC Championship Game, Goodell said he wasn’t pleased with it.

“It’s an emotional game, and you see a young man who comes off the field and he’s pumped up, and there’s so much excitement in the stadium, but no, I’m not cheering for that because he’s a great young man, he’s extremely well spoken, does great things off the field, obviously a great player on the field. I want him to present himself in the best possible way, and make sure that he’s reflecting on himself and his family in a positive way. He took away a little bit from the team. That was what he said yesterday. I thought that was a very interesting comment and I think it’s fair,” Goodell said.

Whether Goodell likes the way Sherman conducted himself or not, Sherman has been the center of attention in the media since the moment 50 million Americans watched his post-game interview. And we’re less than a week away from Sherman being the center of attention at Super Bowl Media Day.

Permalink 105 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Rumor Mill, Seattle Seahawks, Top Stories
105 Responses to “Goodell: I want Richard Sherman to present himself in a positive way”
  1. rubenxx7 says: Jan 23, 2014 5:22 PM

Then put a gag order on him. I have heard enough from him already!!!!

2. steelbreeze676 says: Jan 23, 2014 5:23 PM

Not everyone is from Bronxville,NY with an NFL career wearing a suit.

Give me a break. And stop screwing with the game before you break it completely. Want to increase revenue – allow the defense to hit people, brand label some weed since your fans are smoking it every Sunday… forget the rest.

3. thepftpoet says: Jan 23, 2014 5:24 PM

“I want Richard Sherman to present himself in a positive way”

In other words, he wants Richard Sherman to shut up.

4. bowdowntopeyton says: Jan 23, 2014 5:25 PM

Not a Sherman fan but are you kidding me????

Hey Rog, you aren’t “presenting yourself” very well with your $30 million dollar salary, I’m sure you will get right to fixing that as well!

5. bert1913 says: Jan 23, 2014 5:26 PM

Give the players a cooling off period before shoving a mic in their faces

6. chawk12thman says: Jan 23, 2014 5:26 PM

I want Richard Sherman to help bring the Seattle Seahawks their first S.B. Victory…….I hope both of us get what we want.

Go Hawks!

7. edithpiaf51 says: Jan 23, 2014 5:27 PM

I think he made that poor interviewer nervous. I do not like yelling and feel he should have presented himself in a more professional manner.

8. kabasaman says: Jan 23, 2014 5:28 PM

Sure thing Rodger……Just for you!

9. rcampore says: Jan 23, 2014 5:28 PM

So this is the situation that Goddell decides to actually comment on? How about you know the murderers like Brent and Hernandez? Or the hundreds of players that get arrested for drugs and DUI’s?

No instead, you take the time to speak about a guy who got a little carried away in the moment and yelled about another player who he had a beef with. Umm….okay.

When can someone go apesh&(t on Goddell?!

10. gb4mn0 says: Jan 23, 2014 5:29 PM

Goodell is all about selling the brand and Sherman antics sell well.

11. braven4evr says: Jan 23, 2014 5:30 PM

Well don’t stick a microphone in a players face as soon as they come of of the field. Everyone doesn’t react like a robot. It’s also cool to get so real emotion and not the mechanical bs a lot of players spew.

12. commonsensedude says: Jan 23, 2014 5:33 PM

Goodell wants Sherman to quit the Seahawks?? Wow.

13. chunkderrrty says: Jan 23, 2014 5:33 PM

Sherman said those comments right after the game while he was still pumped full of adrenaline, off the field he’s well spoken and doesn’t do anything stupid like get drunk and act like an ass, I’ll take those comments any day over the vanilla politically correct comments everyone else seems to now make

14. sdsmooth says: Jan 23, 2014 5:36 PM

Most Seahawk drug tests come back positive. So this shouldn’t be a problem for Sherman.

15. anygivensundayfan says: Jan 23, 2014 5:37 PM

As a longtime Seahawks fan, I love the brash, unfiltered and crazy talented player that is Richard Sherman. He especially feeds off interacting with the fans and is often the first one bounding off the team bus to sign autographs, gives lots of high fives to fans at games and spends lots of time with fans at open practices.

While Goodell’s comments in their entirety seem reasonable, I hope that this whole experience does NOT have the effect of him having to clamp down on his colorful personality and turn him into another reserved, PR-pablum spouting player that speaks in clich├ęs. Good Lord, don’t we have enough of those? Give me candor any day, I can handle it.

16. kwjsb says: Jan 23, 2014 5:37 PM

During his interview I was expecting Vince McMahon to show up.

17. salvij says: Jan 23, 2014 5:39 PM

Prediction: Denver Broncos 30 Seattle Shermans 17

18. thegreatgabbert says: Jan 23, 2014 5:39 PM

“I think it might help if he had his hair neatly trimmed, longer on the top, but short on the sides. Darkish blond, no dreads or curl. Clean shaven, polo style windbreaker…nice blue eyes…that sort of thing..”.

19. vusnu says: Jan 23, 2014 5:39 PM

I want Goodell to preset Goodell in a positive way. The new Stepford Wives version of the NFL is eating away at a lot of people.

20. riverhorsey says: Jan 23, 2014 5:39 PM

Fine players when they act like idiots and taunt other players. Fine Sherman a 100k per and I bet he’s able to control himself pretty quick.

21. jdphx says: Jan 23, 2014 5:42 PM

The Fans: We want Roger to leave the game alone.

22. wkdblc52 says: Jan 23, 2014 5:42 PM

Note to Roger Goodell

I want you to present yourself in a better way when you give the state of the NFL speech next Friday by making sure the veterans who made this sport famous years ago are going to be cared for whenever they have serious problems in the future. I look at great veteran guys like John Brodie, Jim Otto, and thousands of others who are shells of their former self

Roger, I think YOU have the pull to get this done…..DO IT !!

23. robf2010 says: Jan 23, 2014 5:42 PM

The guy made a play that saved the game. You stick a camera and microphone in his face almost immediately after while he’s still jacked up, you do so for the raw emotion of the moment, and then, you’re surprised when you get exactly that? I’m not Sherman’s biggest fan but even I give him a pass on this.

24. beefer49 says: Jan 23, 2014 5:43 PM

I am a huge niners fan. Straight up Sherman did all his ” talking ” on the field with his play and basically shutting down Crabs

If I want to hear a eloquent speaker I will go to a Ted conference and not a football game.

Come on people, is this really going to be all we hear about till Superbowl. He made a great play that’s it. I don’t give two jacks about whether he went to Stanford and grew up in Compton and had a tough childhood. He is a great talent that’s it, if you idolize someone like him then learn from his mistakes and move forward but don’t put him on a pedestal. IMO he aint worth it

25. starfan79 says: Jan 23, 2014 5:43 PM

I would like roger to do the same with the nfl shield.

26. Waffle 2.0 says: Jan 23, 2014 5:46 PM

Fans: We want Goodell to stop turning football into one big fantasy football offensive scoring gambling extravaganza.

27. vikingborn70 says: Jan 23, 2014 5:47 PM

Am I missing something ? Is Sherman holding a gun to the media’s head and forcing them to report on this ?

Enough already ! Let’s talk about the match up and what a crappy decision Goodell made on having the Superbowl outside in NY.

28. shuttaman1990 says: Jan 23, 2014 5:48 PM

Now I hope every one freaks out after each game.
    Go to hell Godell, go join that loser pete rozelle.
    Raiders all day.

29. kerzondax says: Jan 23, 2014 5:51 PM

You first.

30. lanman11 says: Jan 23, 2014 5:53 PM

If Richard Sherman doesn’t show up to the Super Bowl as RICHARD SHERMAN, and he shows up as some sort of neutered and cowed version of himself, which is what the PC Main Stream media wants from him, he, and the rest of the Seahawks will be cut up in front of a world wide audience. Better to be yourself and do what you do, and get what you want, and apologize later IF you have to. That’s a principal in business, and it works in this instance. Don’t ask for permission to be yourself. Just do it, and if anyone is offended, beg forgiveness later. It’s easier.

If we could roll back the covers on most of the people that are just “so offended” by his comments (he isn’t profane), we’d likely find some horribly hypocritical people with much scarier skeletons in their closet.

I’m not necessarily a fan of his, but I think he’s good at what he does, and I can’t stand to see the media hack job being done on him and the makeout session they are giving Peyton Manning.

The Seahawks are up against a lot more than the Broncos. There is huge money on the table here. All of the footage being filmed of Peyton Manning in the build up to the Super Bowl will be useless if the Broncos lose. I highly doubt the NFL wants their all time statistical leader to lose this game. It’s all about producing content, and it goes beyond the games. There are a lot of documentaries and cable TV content that can be created and sold by the NFL if the Broncos win, and it’s stuff that can be aired over and over and over. I hate to say it, but they may get robbed again just like they were against Pittsburgh. The last thing I’d want to do if I was Richard Sherman is have regrets about the media manipulating me into not being the player my teammates and fans are counting on me to be.

31. blueberrymuffin11 says: Jan 23, 2014 5:54 PM

It’s fascinating to me that we want our players to be Godzilla on the field, but in a sideline interview 60 seconds after the game, we expect them to be Bambi. Then, we take the sound bite and use it to negate a man’s good character. What is wrong with our society? Are we that bored? They judgmental? That plain vanilla that we can’t handle a little boasting? Jeez!!

32. bkunza says: Jan 23, 2014 5:55 PM

I for one thought about any kids watching that tirade. They need good role models to look up to. I understand he does a lot of good things in the community and that’s great, but do we need kids emulating what they saw. Whats wrong with society today is we condone things like this. They actually glorified him for it, they kept shoving a microphone in his face.

33. bolts0621 says: Jan 23, 2014 5:57 PM

I’d love a Commissioner who would stop tinkering with every stinking element of the game – including days its played on.

Focus on your own job dude.

34. azarkhan says: Jan 23, 2014 5:58 PM

Who is Richard Sherman?

35. flavordave says: Jan 23, 2014 5:58 PM

The more I read these comments the more I realize we are a nation of wimps.

36. mikes112291 says: Jan 23, 2014 5:58 PM

This is getting so much attention because as usual the media won’t about up. The media sucks

37. JackedUpSports says: Jan 23, 2014 6:00 PM

how about you work on yourself first roger

38. ketch20too says: Jan 23, 2014 6:01 PM

And he will do everything in his power to be sure the refs do their part just like SB XL

39. taintedsaints2009 says: Jan 23, 2014 6:01 PM

he said he was the best cornerback. i think that’s as positive presentation you can get from somebody.

40. moerawn says: Jan 23, 2014 6:04 PM

If Sherman ranted about Goodell, I’d become a fan.

41. 4d9erdynasty says: Jan 23, 2014 6:04 PM

He’s a big mouthed arrogant PED user, What do you expect?

42. pongonfl says: Jan 23, 2014 6:05 PM

To keep it in perspective, he was ranting about Crabtree. Crabtree is a bit of a punk himself.

43. hazelmn says: Jan 23, 2014 6:05 PM

Nobody is telling Sherman to not be candid or passionate. They are just saying don’t use your 30 seconds in front of 50 million viewers to take personal shots at someone not there to defend himself.

I would have had passion in that situation too. Perhaps “hell yeah – we are going to the Super Bowl!!” But that’s just me.

44. vikingsftw says: Jan 23, 2014 6:10 PM

Richard Sherman looks like he is the one the they send out to hunt for dinosaurs when they need food for the team meal.

45. r8rsfan says: Jan 23, 2014 6:12 PM

Goodell couldn’t be happier with Sherman – his comments have people who don’t care at all about football talking about it 24/7. Any publicity is good publicity, ‘eh Roger?

46. bobsnygiants says: Jan 23, 2014 6:20 PM

to me Goodell does’nt present himself we’ll either.

47. billytodd2013blbaad says: Jan 23, 2014 6:26 PM

can Roger present himself in a good way and GO AWAY!! No one cares what you think or want, all you have done is destroy the game.

48. lowtalker says: Jan 23, 2014 6:26 PM

Hey Roger, while you are at it, why don’t you go after the idiot that scheduled regular season games in England and the Super Bowl on the frozen tundra of New York.

49. killitandeatit says: Jan 23, 2014 6:28 PM

If you are not a Seahawks fan you just can’t figure out why anyone is making Sherman’s behavior a big deal ? You are confused and puzzled. We see this kind of behavior and good sportsmanship all the time from the other 31 teams under the shield. There is nothing to see here,move along. P.S., Sherman doesn’t hold,interfere,routinely break rules,disrespect his opponents or use PEDS .

50. jnbnet says: Jan 23, 2014 6:30 PM

Sherman turned more people into Denver fans in a few seconds than Peyton did in two years. The Seahawks have turned into the NFL’s most hated team.

51. thetooloftools says: Jan 23, 2014 6:31 PM

Richard Sherman would run circles around Roger Dickdellhead. He went off because he knew what he was doing. He is the smartest guy in the room.
    Do you know why?
    Because you are talking about it and feeding the beast !!!!!
    He dissed Crabtree and disrespected in a way nobody has ever been dissed.
    Sherman blew him up.
    I Love it !!!

52. richmondhokie says: Jan 23, 2014 6:34 PM

This is what you get when you allow reporters to stick a mic in the face of a 25-year-old 1 minute after he’s made the play of his life. Why must the reporters prowl the sidelines and the locker rooms – are the post-game pressers not sufficient? Sherman is an intelligent, well-educated young man who should not be indicted for some emotional comments. Geez, people, he wasn’t profane, there was nothing wrong with what he said. If you read about what Crabtree did to Sherman at the charity event last offseason, I am much more offended by that. Final comment is that Roger Goodell does not trump the First Amendment. Everyone is entitled to their opinion AND they have a right to express it.

53. richmondhokie says: Jan 23, 2014 6:35 PM

54. pgolf3 says: Jan 23, 2014 6:40 PM

this is a simple solution, as much as i despise the cornerback, just keep the sideline reporters OFF the damn field…………………….

55. dcstinks says: Jan 23, 2014 6:41 PM

And we want you to stop messing up the NFL.

56. seaeagle707 says: Jan 23, 2014 6:44 PM

The real problem are all of the non-football fans who tune in because someone else did, or told them to, and think its going to be a two-years old friendly experience, then bitch and complain because grown men talked like grown men, and not wimpy ten year olds. They don’t understand that an NFL game is not a carefully produced and scripted competition, like “American Gladiator”.

The Seahawks play SMASHMOUTH football.

The Niners play SMASHMOUTH football.

The Vikings don’t play SMASHMOUTH football, which is why they weren’t in the playoffs.

57. 2difshoe says: Jan 23, 2014 6:46 PM

Can’t figure who’s a bigger putz…Goodell or Rex Ryan….or possibly the Detroit Lions.

58. infectorman says: Jan 23, 2014 6:50 PM

Putting all of the bravado and noise aside,
    I don’t recall a defensive player calling an offensive player mediocre in front of the microphones of a press conference and essentially giving the entire world a peek behind the curtain into the smack talk that’s thrown around on the field.

That statement completely undermines Shermy’s own accomplishment on the last play and is a very low blow that falls outside of the norm of acceptable player behavior…as set forth both the players themselves

Off the charts bad form

59. pipkinite says: Jan 23, 2014 6:50 PM

Yeah who cares. Next year it won’t matter. No one is talking about last year’s Super Bowl champs (hint: “quote the raven…”)

Let’s see how many rules are changed regarding actual football game time rather than talk about some excited dude’s post game rant.

Huge seahawks fan here, HUGE – but those referee calls were bogus and it takes away just a bit from the win. What’s up?

60. charger383 says: Jan 23, 2014 6:51 PM

More fans hate Goodell than Sherman

61. greg285 says: Jan 23, 2014 6:51 PM

Have no problem if he applies that logic to other players, like Tom Brady when berates his WRs on the sideline, with the camera watching! But he won’t!!!!

62. purpleppleeaters says: Jan 23, 2014 6:52 PM

Dick Sherman, your 15 minutes are up.
    And in case there was any doubt about that, Peyton Manning will gladly close the door on your season, and childlike, inappropriate ranting, shortly.
    THEN, he’ll show you how to conduct a proper interview.
    Stay tuned.

63. hendeeze says: Jan 23, 2014 6:52 PM

I hope he collides with a receiver and breaks his jaw

64. slugbaitspace says: Jan 23, 2014 6:57 PM

Translation: “Hmmm, talk surrounding Sherman seems to be dropping, and everybody is now turning their focus to the circus Pro Bowl…I should say something kind of negative about Sherman, and get the people talking about him and the Super Bowl again. I hope I look good in this power tie…”

65. drs76109 says: Jan 23, 2014 7:00 PM

Add to the putz dept: Larry (Haslam), (Moe (Banner), and Shemp (Lombardi), with Pettine as Curley Joe.

Putzes all.

66. titans4evr says: Jan 23, 2014 7:06 PM

Roger, I’d like you to present the ideas that improve the league for FANS not the owners.

I spent 3K total on my weekend in Seattle to see that game. 700 for flight, 800 for hotel, 800 for a game ticket, 400 for NFL gear, and a bunch of other odds and sodds.

We pay for your salary and the owner’s teams.

We’re sick of you and your moronic ideas like more playoff teams, London teams and games, and how to generate more commercials.

Just quit already. You have stupid ideas and a lot of time to think about them.

You stink bro.

67. titans4evr says: Jan 23, 2014 7:07 PM

Roger: You stink bro.

68. florioluvsdix says: Jan 23, 2014 7:13 PM

watch the NFL mic’d up video…. Sherman got a bad rap on this one.

Crabtree is a buster!

69. cornerstone2001 says: Jan 23, 2014 7:30 PM

Good advice for yourself Roger…..you have ruined the game fixing outcomes by using bad officiating against the 49ers

70. blackqbwhiterb says: Jan 23, 2014 7:34 PM

Sherman used no profanity or anything bad. Goodell isn’t in charge, he is an administrator working for the owner’s group. Sometimes he comes across wrong…. Like Sherman.

71. tvjules says: Jan 23, 2014 7:35 PM

Well Commish, we’d like the refs to present us with correct calls.

72. yojoemama says: Jan 23, 2014 7:40 PM

Crabtree is a sorry punk, period.

73. petedutcherjr says: Jan 23, 2014 7:56 PM

I don’t have a problem with being excited. I don’t have a problem with talking smack.

What I have a problem with is his behavior in the face of a woman.

Yelling at her. And don’t try to tell me she wasn’t intimidated. When he screamed “Don’t come at me!”

She responded “I’m not coming at you,” in a shaking voice.

He scared hat girl.

That is what I have a problem with. He’s a punk.

74. riverhorsey says: Jan 23, 2014 7:58 PM

NFL mic’d up caught Sherman mocking the man like poor negative sport he is.

75. josephflorek says: Jan 23, 2014 8:00 PM

God forbid someone be pumped after winning a superbowl advancement game. I am sure all of you would be calm and collected after having the game winning play in a clutch situation. But lets all avoid the part where we hear Sherman offer Crabtree a handshake and say good game. That part doesn’t matter. Such a joke. This whole thing is overblown.

76. 4thqtrsaint says: Jan 23, 2014 8:03 PM

I bet he’s never referred to Luck as “well spoken”. That’s because Luck is a white dude.

77. qteo says: Jan 23, 2014 8:05 PM

Manning will shut him up!

78. mitybuc says: Jan 23, 2014 8:07 PM

Good neutral statement.

Doubt Sherman will let us down.

And you’ve done very well in difficult times Mr. Goodell.

The shield’s in good shape.

Except for the Pro-Bowl..it’s got to be AFC vs NFC or it’s a circus….which will still get ratings but…

79. number1hawkfan says: Jan 23, 2014 8:11 PM

If you want Sherman to stop than complete the pass. I like him, as a Seahawks fan I’m glad we’re the hated. It feels good, the last time we were in the Super Bowl we had a finesse offense and a small defense. I’ll take this version everyday. Brash is fun, he went to far last weekend but everything else he’s done and our team has done has been refreshing. God forbid a football team talk the talk and back it up. If your team did this you’d love it like I do.

80. dodohead418 says: Jan 23, 2014 8:13 PM

Goodell when you can’t directly say things. You should not be able to tell someone else how to act!

81. seattlesue427 says: Jan 23, 2014 8:14 PM

I watched the encounter between Sherman and Crabtree WITH the mic on. Sherman walked up to Crabtree and said, “that’s game” and attempted to shake Crabtree’s hand. No response. He then repeated “that’s game” and that’s when Crabtree shoved him in the facemask. Sherman probably should have waited until the game was completely over, but Crabtree’s not known for hanging around and shaking the hands of the opposing team. Less than five minutes after that encounter, Erin Andrews shoved a mic in his face. And the world exploded in indignation! What a bunch of hypocrites!

82. hermanthunderfootweaver says: Jan 23, 2014 8:33 PM

Richard Sherman please tell Goodell to take a hike. Goodell is a joke.

83. trollkiller55 says: Jan 23, 2014 8:41 PM

as i recall Goodell didnt say one thing when Ryan put his wife’s feet on an Internet fetish site for other men to …enjoy

seems to me that damages the “shield” more than trash talking

84. bavarianniner says: Jan 23, 2014 8:45 PM

MISMATCH! What a poor leadership for this league.
    Looks like Goddell’s got a crush on Richard SHEMALE.

This guy is just an above-the-average CB who happens to thrive in Carroll’s system, basically mugging opposing receivers on every play.

This is getting more and more ridiculous.
    While NFL refs seem to look away when it comes to obvious holding/interference, they keep calling more and more ridiculous penalties for “phantom hits”…

85. seahawksbmx says: Jan 23, 2014 9:05 PM

“That poor girl” LOVED Sherman’s candor and said it was awesome & so much better than the usual canned answers she gets. Erin was in Seattle for a follow-up interview with RS today; probably not something a poor little terrified girl would do.

86. ziplock10 says: Jan 23, 2014 9:14 PM

Easiest thing in the world to do is proclaim you’re the best and the TEAM just won. He is surrounded with a well playing unit and it’s one thing to think you’re the best, but another to scream it out regardless of the question.

Cooling off period!?!?!? He does this too much! Trent Williams was ready to take his head off last year.

When he starts to get called on all the grabbing and clutching like every other CB in the league, then well see how awesome he thinks he is.

Belichek proved, if you hold and grab every play, they won’t call it much. If you don’t hold or grab at all and suddenly you do, hankie time! That’s why Peyton lost the AFC Champion title then won the Super Bowl……..

87. outlawshark says: Jan 23, 2014 9:15 PM

“One man practicing good sportsmanship is far better than 50 others preaching it.”
    – Knute K. Rockne

There was a day when respect meant something in this game. Sportsmanship is dead indeed. Probably only the older fans noticing, tho.

88. hawkstradamus says: Jan 23, 2014 9:43 PM

I like sherm just the way he is. Getting picks and winning games for the Seahawks is all he needs to do.

89. curtainclosed says: Jan 23, 2014 9:51 PM

You cannot interview a defensive player moments after he makes a play that ends the game, and not come up with an emotional response. Defense is played more emotionally than offense.

90. speicher145 says: Jan 23, 2014 9:55 PM

If you don’t like him, beat him. This is an extremely intelligent, passionate player who graduated from Stanford with a 4.0. You can watch Sound FX on NFL Network yourself to see he tried to give Manningham credit and a handshake who chose to shove Sherman back in the facemask. And personally, I loved the choke sign to Kaepernick who lacks complete respect to all other players along with Boldin shoving people down after half the plays. 49ers got what they had coming to them. And no, I’m not a Seahawks fan.

91. speicher145 says: Jan 23, 2014 9:57 PM

The man above me must be a 49ers fan ^^^ Sherman is the best corner in the league, and he knows it. Sorta like some of the other greatest players of our generation…

92. thegreatgabbert says: Jan 23, 2014 10:02 PM

Broncos will get Wes Welker to ice Sherman in the first quarter. That’ll stop the noise.

93. tippyteo says: Jan 23, 2014 10:21 PM

He will be ‘Center of Attention’ because you and your colleagues will make him ‘Center of Attention’

94. deeceefan says: Jan 23, 2014 10:22 PM

Not entIrely sure to make of this eniGmatic but GrEat cornER.

95. rukkus1 says: Jan 23, 2014 10:32 PM

In a world with any kind of objectivity, Crabtree would be the one under fire for all this. He was the one who resorted to offensive behavior by shoving Shermans face.

If all you people want to complain about how it looks for your kids… I mean, id rather kids be mimicking the yelling part than mooshin someones face.

But hey, cant blame yall for lopsided thinking. Seems too common nowadays.

96. steviepinhead says: Jan 23, 2014 10:47 PM

Richard Sherman wants Roger Goodell to present himself in a positive way.

Sherm’s still waiting…

97. jerrahsucks says: Jan 23, 2014 11:31 PM

You want Richard Sherman to present himself in a positive way? Then Roger, get the ADDERAL out of the Seahags locker room.

98. jiminauburn says: Jan 24, 2014 1:34 AM

You guys do realize that Sherman has an ongoing feud with Crabtree? That he just prevented the game winning score against Crabtree? That after the play he went up to Crabtree and said helluva game with his hand extended only to be pushed in the face by Crabtree? Then thirty seconds later he is asked about that play, not the game, but that play against Crabtree? Of course he is going to talk about that play and Crabtree, after just being dissed by him.

99. jiminauburn says: Jan 24, 2014 1:39 AM

Richard Sherman average? Really? He has the most interceptions, rarely gets thrown to his side of the field, and rarely gets burned. I do not remember the last time someone had a big day against him.

100. william1939 says: Jan 24, 2014 2:21 AM

Other players have been fined for making the choke sign. But I guess he’s so happy the Hawks won and is so busy making excuses for Sherman he is ignoring the facts.

101. joetoronto says: Jan 24, 2014 5:04 AM

He was obviously roid ragging and should be tested ASAP, Roger.

102. tk429 says: Jan 24, 2014 11:19 AM

A sorry commissioner like Goodell should never talk about Sherman.

103. radar8 says: Jan 24, 2014 12:57 PM

rukkus1 says:
    Jan 23, 2014 10:32 PM

There’s a big difference between on-the-field antics and giving an interview after the game.
    btw….. Sherman knew that it would tic-off Crabs if he went to shake his hand seconds after the interception. He was just goading Crabtree. Crabtree at least had the class not to rant and rave in front of the cameras after the game.

Sherman should try intercepting the ball with his mouth. It sure is big enough.

104. filthymcnasty1 says: Jan 24, 2014 1:50 PM

Before Sherman, a Stanford diploma used to mean something.

105. bobsnygiants says: Jan 24, 2014 5:45 PM

let me tell Goodell something, you should be fine, Sherman has more fans than you. Goodell you and your team is ruin The NFL