Kluwe’s lawyer says texts back up claims about Priefer

Jacksonville Jaguars v Minnesota Vikings Getty Images

Chris Kluwe’s lawyer says text messages confirm the former Vikings punter’s claims that his then-special teams coach, Mike Priefer, made homophobic comments after Kluwe began speaking out in favor of gay marriage.

The lawyer, Clayton Halunen, told Chris Tomasson of the Pioneer Press that text messages from kicker Blair Walsh confirm that Walsh heard the same comments that Kluwe heard. Walsh has previously said he did not witness any type of homophobic statements or acts on Priefer’s part, and Halunen is now suggesting that Walsh was lying when he said that.

“If Walsh is going to lie, this will all be exposed, I’m confident,” Halunen said. “If Walsh is going to lie, that’s his choice. But at the end of the day, we believe this is going to come out. We have evidence. So he made that choice, I guess.”

Kluwe claims that in addition to Priefer making homophobic comments, the Vikings released Kluwe because they didn’t like his vocal support for gay marriage. Priefer denies making the comments, and the Vikings say Kluwe was cut for football reasons.

Permalink 86 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Minnesota Vikings, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
86 Responses to “Kluwe’s lawyer says texts back up claims about Priefer”
  1. honalulublue says: Jan 25, 2014 4:57 PM

So what? Even if Priefer did it, he’s entitled to his opinion. What about all the gays and their lovers branding those of differing opinions as bigots? Shouldn’t they be ostracized too?

2. sikoix says: Jan 25, 2014 5:01 PM

Kluwe needs to go away. Oddly enough, I tend to agree with most of Kluwe’s views, but he’s extremely disrespectful to anyone who disagrees with him and he’s a below average punter. This guy needs to fade into obscurity, and like yesterday.

Whether or not Kluwe’s claims are with merit, I don’t care at this point. He should have made a stink while his claims were still relevant, not just when it became clear he wasn’t getting another job in the NFL.

3. purpleppleeaters says: Jan 25, 2014 5:06 PM

Malicious witch hunt. Your career is over, Kluwe, so you naturally want to take down as many other folks with you as you possibly can.
    Complete child.

4. mattolikesthevikes says: Jan 25, 2014 5:08 PM

Jeez I used to love kluwe. He turned into a big baby. Go away dude.

5. jredshoes says: Jan 25, 2014 5:11 PM

Why are we talking about this again?

6. hardkor07mn says: Jan 25, 2014 5:14 PM

His ship has sank and he’s trying to take as many people with him as possible. My guess is that him and preffer didn’t see eye to eye so he became the target of Kluwes shenanigans. If he were really that bent out of shape about this, he wouldn’t have waited a year to say something about it. Kluwe needs to shut his mouth and find a new hobby. Bashing your former coaches isn’t going so well.

7. vikesdynasty says: Jan 25, 2014 5:14 PM

Go away

8. cadillacjosh says: Jan 25, 2014 5:16 PM

I am absolutely astounded by the reaction to Kluwe. If Kluwe’s allegations are all correct, I don’t understand how you can call him a “whiner” or a “baby”.

Maybe it’s just me, but making a statement about equality is admirable, marriage or otherwise. And if he’s correct, the fact that he got fired for it, that makes him all the better in my eyes.

9. cags777 says: Jan 25, 2014 5:17 PM

Kluwe has always been too smart for his own good and has never learned when to stop. That’s why he’s no longer with the Vikings or any NFL organization. I don’t doubt his beliefs about the Vikings dismissing him for his vocal support for gay marriage. But he also forgets how polarizing he was and had one bad game to provide Speilman and company with enough ammunition to send him packing.

10. patriots123456 says: Jan 25, 2014 5:17 PM

Your job shouldn’t be a launching platform for your sexual preferences.

You sexual desires should be seperate and personal.

11. therealraider says: Jan 25, 2014 5:17 PM

If I’m not a fan of something does that automatically make it a phobia? I guess I’m a 49erphobe.

12. gojetsgo33 says: Jan 25, 2014 5:19 PM

If it was so bad then, why not say it then? Now he waits until he knows his career is over and he seems to want to take down everyone that was around him then.

Go away and stay out of the media. It is just making you look like an idiot.

13. purpleppleeaters says: Jan 25, 2014 5:20 PM

Dear Kluwe –
    Your allegations are noted. Regardless, we find Mr. Priefer’s character to be sufficiently impeccable, such that we have decided to retain him even after a major coaching staff shakeup. Thank you for your efforts but we will not be requiring our staff or personnel to run their public comments through the “Kluwe Filter” in the future. Best of luck in your future endeavors, gaming and pretending to be a rock star.
    - Vikings Mgmt.

14. filthymcnasty1 says: Jan 25, 2014 5:20 PM

The norm seems to be roughly 2 embarrassing Viking stories per day.

15. durno99 says: Jan 25, 2014 5:26 PM

16. nyyjetsknicks says: Jan 25, 2014 5:31 PM

patriots123456 says:
    Jan 25, 2014 5:17 PM
    Your job shouldn’t be a launching platform for your sexual preferences.

You sexual desires should be seperate and personal.

__________________

He was trying to get everyone treated equally. For some reason the people who believe in an invisible man in the sky feel they should have right to tell adults how to live.

17. harryaz8 says: Jan 25, 2014 5:32 PM

I believed Kluwe from the get go but still maintain his release had to do with cost cutting and not his activism just like the decision to go with Blair Walsh over Ryan Longwell before him. Coach Preifer would do well, if he made any of the remarks, to apologize and seek sensitivity training in order to save what seems to be a promising coaching career. We all see how the PED denyers Armstrong, Braun, A-Rod, etc. are making out.

18. shaggytoodle says: Jan 25, 2014 5:33 PM

therealraider says:
    Jan 25, 2014 5:17 PM

______

No, but if you say something like “Put them all on and island and shoot it up until it glows…”

You aren’t going to get the benefit of the doubt.

19. scaredhitless says: Jan 25, 2014 5:35 PM

If Kluwe was cut from a “liberal” city like New York or Boston — there would be more support for Kluwe.

Enjoy your snow in the winter and your mosquitoes in the summer. You had your chance in 1999 but couldn’t beat Atlanta… LOL!

20. purpleppleeaters says: Jan 25, 2014 5:38 PM

Why is Kluwe not similarly offended by any of his former coaches comments about teammates mothers, their work ethic, their weight, what they wear, or a referee’s intelligence?
    Many football coaches utter a seemingly endless string of profanities and offensive remarks. Why be so selective?
    Take them all down, Chris…………..or please shut the heck up.

21. bizono says: Jan 25, 2014 5:39 PM

Priefer’s comment, per Kluwe, and now apparently backed up via texts from Walsh: “We should round up all the gays, send them to an island, and then nuke it until it glows.”

That had nothing to do with gay marriage rights; that’s straight up bigotry.

22. chawk12thman says: Jan 25, 2014 5:40 PM

Okay; present the evidence or stop talking about it. Quit trying this case in the press. Either file in court or show everyone what you have supporting your claims.

Tired of the press writing something every time a statement is made, absent anything new.

23. mancave001 says: Jan 25, 2014 5:44 PM

24. bearsfan4life says: Jan 25, 2014 5:46 PM

Chris,

It is my understanding that you reject the false left right paradigm and are squarely on the side of freedom/ non aggression/ libertarianism.

Use your brain.

The state has no place in anybody’s relationship regardless of race, religion or sexual preference.

25. nyjalleffingday says: Jan 25, 2014 5:48 PM

Then release the texts! Surely Kluwe knows how to screenshot, no? Kluwe and myself share the same opinion, but until we see some, y’know, evidence, he’s just a bad punter whining because his career is over.

26. cleveland1980 says: Jan 25, 2014 5:49 PM

Chris needs to get a Kluwe!

27. swedishfish14 says: Jan 25, 2014 5:50 PM

Many of the comments above are just sickening.
    I agree that Kluwe is on his soap box. But, actions like Priefer’s should no longer be tolerated. The country is changing. The majority are now standing up for gay rights. It feels like the majority of the PFT viewers will be the last on board.

28. mykpfsu says: Jan 25, 2014 5:51 PM

“mancave001 says: Jan 25, 2014 5:44 PM

I just keep thinking that Kluwe better know what he’s doing. If he knowingly makes false statements, he’s going to be sued for slander big time.”

Only if Prieffer is fired specifically for the comments. Otherwise Prieffer cannot sue for libel because he cannot show injury. Thats why Kluwe waited so long. He thought Prieffer would be out as a coach due to the coaching change and Prieffer would have no way of saying he was fired for the comments.

29. stevent92 says: Jan 25, 2014 5:51 PM

nyyjetsknicks says:
    Jan 25, 2014 5:31 PM
    ___________________________________________

And the ones who believe in nothing pretty much fall for anything & everything.

Oh, and they also tell people how to live, and what to believe (or not believe).

30. swedishfish14 says: Jan 25, 2014 5:56 PM

Response to: “If everyone got fired for using those words there would be nobody working! Get over it!!!!”

I don’t know where you work, buddy, but the majority of the world doesn’t talk that way.

31. mykpfsu says: Jan 25, 2014 5:59 PM

Ah, I read the actual article and I’m not surprised by Kluwe’s tactics. His supposed witnesses are Walsh and Loeffler, two people who have already come to Prieffer’s defense. So of course Kluwe must say that they are lying. That way Kluwe can say he is telling the truth and that there is a conspiracy.

32. burtreynoldstoupee says: Jan 25, 2014 6:00 PM

This is simply incredible. When I think of the garbage I’ve heard over the years that offended my beliefs or sensibilities, either at my place of employment or when I turn on a television or radio… I guess I should have screamed bloody murder and insisted everyone think like I do. It’s so much easier than actually having to defend your beliefs. My friends, we are reaching a point where our ability to state our convictions, right or wrong is on the line. Kluwe you were an overpaid mediocre punter who lost his job. Stop blaming everyone else. It’s time to become an adult.

33. therealraider says: Jan 25, 2014 6:02 PM

shaggytoodle says: Jan 25, 2014 5:33 PM

therealraider says:
    Jan 25, 2014 5:17 PM

______

You aren’t going to get the benefit of the doubt.

———————————————————-

I am also a NaziPhobe

34. mykpfsu says: Jan 25, 2014 6:05 PM

“nyyjetsknicks says:
    Jan 25, 2014 5:31 PM
    For some reason the people who believe in an invisible man in the sky feel they should have right to tell adults how to live.”

Last I checked most if not all of the people who don’t believe in an invisible man in the sky also think they have the right AND righteousness to not only tell adults how to live, but support forcing adults to live a certain way through government action.

35. nyyjetsknicks says: Jan 25, 2014 6:11 PM

stevent92 says:
    Jan 25, 2014 5:51 PM
    nyyjetsknicks says:
    Jan 25, 2014 5:31 PM
    ___________________________________________

And the ones who believe in nothing pretty much fall for anything & everything.

____________

I love it. I believe in nothing because I use my brain. BTW, we aren’t that much different. You’ve rejected the other thousands of gods man has created, I just take it one step further.

How are atheist or agnostics telling you how to live? Are we telling you what you can or can’t say in your church? Unlike others who are trying to teach creationism is science class.

36. shaggytoodle says: Jan 25, 2014 6:11 PM

shaggytoodle says:
    Jan 25, 2014 6:09 PM

@thereadlraider

Hey phobias can happen to any and everyone…I know family that suffers from Lachanophobia.

Its pretty quirky, but some people can’t help it.

37. Carl Gerbschmidt says: Jan 25, 2014 6:14 PM

Vince Lombardi would have fired Priefer on the spot. And sent the message that behavior like that will not be tolerated. That’s what a leader would do.

38. nyyjetsknicks says: Jan 25, 2014 6:16 PM

mykpfsu says:
    Jan 25, 2014 6:05 PM
    “nyyjetsknicks says:
    Jan 25, 2014 5:31 PM

____________

Lol. No one is forcing you to get gay marriage. Maybe you republicans should try some of that “we need government out of our lives” that we always hear about.

39. brooklyn40niner says: Jan 25, 2014 6:16 PM

In all seriousness, is Kluwe himself gay or something?

40. jsang74 says: Jan 25, 2014 6:18 PM

You got cut and then you got beat out for the punter job in Oakland. Maybe you should spend more time practicing and less time whining and you wouldn’t be get cut Mr. Kluwe.

41. klamm38 says: Jan 25, 2014 6:20 PM

Football is a man’s game. WAR Priefer!!!

Enough said.

42. paulland81 says: Jan 25, 2014 6:24 PM

Kluwe just thinks we are all idiots and judging by most comments on this message board thankfully he is wrong. He has cloaked his crusade against Prieffer in the noble quest for gay equality, but it has nothing to do with that. He wasn’t cut because of his views. He was cut because his cap figure outweighed his production as a punter while continuously being a distraction.

He knows he doesn’t have a valid claim of discrimination or he would have gone through the appropriate channels and would have done it more timely. Instead, he does what all ultra liberal left wing thought police do, he went to social media to roast Prieffer and he won’t stop until he gets his pound of flesh.

43. tigerlilac says: Jan 25, 2014 6:30 PM

I read these threads about Kluwe, shake my head, and then remind myself that the voters of a district in Minnesota keep voting for Michelle Bachman.

44. swedishfish14 says: Jan 25, 2014 6:30 PM

Response to :
    “So what? Even if Priefer did it, he’s entitled to his opinion.”
    So if Priefer said it about blacks instead of gays do you think he would be entitled to his opinion? I think he would be entitled to immediately look for another job.
    Listen, I want Priefer to stay as our special teams coach, but it’s time to call these guys out on some of the inappropriate ways they are coaching. I believe he can change especially if he truly has gay family members he will have to face now.
    As for Kluwe, I do believe it is likely he is doing this as payback for being cut. I realize his averages were good, but some of his punts were awful during his final year.

45. mikesully90403 says: Jan 25, 2014 6:31 PM

Everybody relax. No one agrees with discrimination. If what Kluwe says is true, then there is no place in the workplace for that type of behavior especially if it comes from a boss, teacher, coach, or the like. Do you really think that Kluwe would lie?

When it’s all said and done, I believe that Kluwe will be applauded for effecting change, however aggressive his approach.

46. burtreynoldstoupee says: Jan 25, 2014 6:32 PM

Uh oh, it appears Mr. Kluwe is going to have to attend the same sensitivity training that he is so eager to tell others who disagree with him to go to. It turns out that Kluwe, an avowed atheist and critic of the Catholic church, sent out this offensive tweet:

“Had to go to Mass with the wife. The priest made a special announcement about how proud he was that the seminaries were such good kneelers. I refrained from commenting.”

Funny how quick he is to point fingers at others for their words. Shouldn’t he have to apologize to all Catholics now?

47. thevikesarebest says: Jan 25, 2014 6:32 PM

And The Vikingz>kluwe ya dig

48. jedidethfreak says: Jan 25, 2014 6:33 PM

If this had any real grain of truth, why didn’t he say anything when it happened? Why did he wait almost a whole year AFTER HE WAS LET GO to say ANYTHING about this?

Considering his outspokenness, even about feeling berated by the coaching staff about his outspokenness, I don’t see why he’d keep something this big quiet for so long.

49. jedidethfreak says: Jan 25, 2014 6:34 PM

Not to mention, who the hell keeps texts for almost two YEARS?

50. 2difshoe says: Jan 25, 2014 6:39 PM

” Sticks and Stones.”

Men fighting amongst one another about a comment someone made about another.

Grow up… what, are 10 8 years old or something ?

51. stoicpaisano says: Jan 25, 2014 6:39 PM

Kluwe doth protest too much, methinks.

Seriously, now he’s taking potshots at his own kicker, who was a rookie when all this happened? Don’t go away mad, just go away.

52. pike573 says: Jan 25, 2014 6:49 PM

I feel bad for Walsh. I suspect he was trying to keep his job and be a friend at the same time.

53. leatherface2012 says: Jan 25, 2014 6:51 PM

heres a question. for anyone that disagrees with kluwe………….. did you ever punt in the nfl? or play any position in the nfl? didnt think so. your points are null and void

54. purplengold says: Jan 25, 2014 6:56 PM

He’d be punting somewhere if he was good enough.

55. jayaredee says: Jan 25, 2014 7:11 PM

Prior to his coaching career in the NFL, special teams coach Mike Priefer, was Lieutenant Mike Priefer serving in the United States Navy and a Helicopter Pilot who flew missions during the war. He is an honest man, who treated all with dignity and respect, I know this because I had the distinct pleasure to be stationed with him. I find these charges very difficult to believe.

56. duluthvikesfan says: Jan 25, 2014 7:15 PM

No good lawyer would come out and publicly come out and say what his evidence (the so called Walsh text message) is before an ongoing investigation is complete or before his client has even filed a civil suite. He knows they have nothing and he is reaching to try and win in the court of public opinion. This move by Kluwe’s lawyer just tells me this whole thing is going nowhere and now Kluwe is just trying to save face.

57. taintedsaints2009 says: Jan 25, 2014 7:18 PM

Now kluwe is trying to take down Blair Walsh. His reputation in Minnesota is quickly turning from respected to disliked

58. Ferdinand says: Jan 25, 2014 7:22 PM

I don’t know why everyone is arguing about this. We all know that anything short of the coach screaming it on a live broadcast for all to hear, nothing much will be done. At most, they’ll add “We mean it, now” to the end of a sentence during new season orientation next year because the League’s/team’s ‘investigation’ will conclude what all League/team investigations conclude on uncomfortable topics — “Inclusive”.

59. anthonymcfarlin says: Jan 25, 2014 7:26 PM

I am a Brussel spoutaphobe

60. jokendave says: Jan 25, 2014 7:27 PM

______

You aren’t going to get the benefit of the doubt.
    ————————————————————–
    Odd, I don’t remember anything like “Put them all on and island and shoot it up until it glows…”
    being said in the conversation. I guess it would be irrelevant then wouldn’t it? Kluwe is upset, )like most with his beliefs) that everyone don’t share the same views. Therefore everyone is a phobic but them. I think they are the ones with the phobia’s. (They so want to be accepted, but are unwilling to accept themselves) They like to label everyone who don’t agree. To me tolerance works both ways, to them it only works one. Nuff said.

61. thebadguyswon says: Jan 25, 2014 7:28 PM

Kluwe absolutely needs to go away. Let the gay folks fight for gay rights.

62. anthonymcfarlin says: Jan 25, 2014 7:30 PM

And yes you can put all brussel spouts on an island and shoot it up.

phobia

63. tigerlilac says: Jan 25, 2014 7:47 PM

Here is the resume of MINNESOTA VIKINGS COACH MIKE PRIEFER. Can someone tell us the dates he served as a Lieutenant in the United States Navy and a Helicopter Pilot and which war he flew missions? Thanks.

Current Special Teams Coordinator, Born: August 21, 1966, Cleveland, Ohio

CAREER SUMMARY

Special Teams Coordinator Minnesota Vikings 2011 – 2013
    Special Teams Coordinator Denver Broncos 2009 – 2010
    Special Teams Coordinator Kansas City Chiefs 2006 – 2008
    Assistant Special Teams Coach New York Giants 2003 – 2005
    Assistant Special Teams Coach Jacksonville Jaguars 2002
    Special Teams Coach Northern Illinois Huskies 2000 – 2001
    Special Teams Coach VMI Keydets 1999
    Special Teams Coach Youngstown State Penguins 1997 – 1998
    Linebackers Coach Naval Academy Midshipmen 1995 – 1996
    Graduate Assistant Naval Academy Midshipmen 1994
    JV Quarterback Naval Academy Midshipmen 1985 – 1988

64. andymannfl says: Jan 25, 2014 7:50 PM

Kluwe, even the gay people that know who you are – all five or six of them – want you to go away. You are/were a punter. You’re fungible. Nobody cares about your pathetic attempt to gloss yourself a martyr. Quit clogging up the courts with your insatiable desire for publicity. Did I mention you’re a punter?….

65. edavidberg says: Jan 25, 2014 7:50 PM

We don’t really know what was said, and for some reason I’m extremely skeptical Walsh would have sent a smoking gun text that supposedly confirms this. We’ll see how things turn out but rather than hint at it they should release those texts.

66. pillowporkers says: Jan 25, 2014 7:51 PM

I feel bad for Blair Walsh the most. It sucks he’s getting dragged into this.

67. tigerlilac says: Jan 25, 2014 8:03 PM

Research indicates that during his five-year stint as a naval officer from 1990-94, Priefer served in the Persian Gulf a year after the Gulf War, then to Somalia and finally the Adriatic Sea.

68. whatjusthapped says: Jan 25, 2014 8:08 PM

When you watch the Vikings, its hard to tell if you are watching a professional team. Now, when you listen to this story, you confirm its not a professional team.

Only in Minnesota.

69. paulland81 says: Jan 25, 2014 8:09 PM

Hey Tigerlilac, do you see that little gap prior to 1994? That’s when the 1st war with Iraq happened. Also confirmed by this clip:

You see, according to Jeremy Fowler of the St. Paul Pioneer Press, Coach Priefer was a Navy helicopter pilot in the early 1990s. More specifically, he was a pilot for the Navy SEALs. You know, the same folks that recently busted the proverbial cap into the derriere of the world’s most wanted terrorist.

About five miles off the coast of Mogadishu, Somalia, is where Priefer, a young and fearless pilot in the early 1990s, hovered gently about 40 feet over the ocean to drop off a dozen SEALs at a time.

His orders never changed: Return to the same spot in 48 hours to pick up the SEALs.

Jeez!

70. commonsensedude says: Jan 25, 2014 8:58 PM

I’m just glad Kluwe isn’t an advocate for any cause I support. I’ll bet even the most ardent same-sex marriage proponents are calling Kluwe behind the scenes and saying “dude … even we’re tired of hearing you talk. Please stop ‘helping’ us.”

71. buckybadger says: Jan 25, 2014 9:07 PM

This is garbage. He was let go because he wasn’t very good at his job. I know he presents stats about having been better than anyone in Vikings history but that is pretty flawed. Punting as a whole is far better today than it was just 5 years ago. Fielding a punt at the 10 used to be taboo, now returners are instructed to see how the ball is spinning and to catch it so the ball doesn’t die on the 3. He ranked towards the bottom of the league in most categories. I support equal rights but don’t cling to cause just because you can’t perform at your job.

72. shaggytoodle says: Jan 25, 2014 9:53 PM

@Jokendave

Kluwe recalls Priefer saying, “We should round up all the gays, send them to an island, and then nuke it until it glows.”

I am sorry I was incorrect on the exact phrases used according to what Kluwe recalled.

73. micker716 says: Jan 25, 2014 10:13 PM

Go away punter.

74. restorativejusticeprogram says: Jan 25, 2014 10:18 PM

Trying to destroy a man’s career because you don’t like what he said (and what he said is — at worst — just a hollow comment that he has no power to make reality).

Kluwe is behaving in at least as disgusting a manner as anyone he is accusing.

75. goofer11 says: Jan 25, 2014 10:18 PM

Give it up already. Your career is over. Even if those things were said that was not the reason you were let go. You were too expensive for your performance. Even Oakland cut you. Are you going after Oakland next??

76. 2ruefan says: Jan 25, 2014 10:56 PM

From a legal standpoint… sorry.. but don’t think that a TEXT is going to be able to be proven that a particular person sent it. It could be argued that someone else used the phone. Kluwe just needs to give this crusade up. Getting soooooo old….

77. stellarperformance says: Jan 26, 2014 1:11 PM

As an employer the Vikings have to take this very seriously. It’s too simplistic to blow it off by saying everyone should be entitled to their opinions. What if your boss would not stop telling all your coworkers that your dick is the tiniest she has ever seen? You OK with that? It’s just an opinion.

78. fwippel says: Jan 26, 2014 1:19 PM

This looks suspiciously like Kluwe’s lawyers trying to play this case out in the media. Problem is, when that happens, its because the lawyers think they can’t win in court. I suspect that’s the case here.

So now Kluwe is calling Walsh a liar? Seriously? Kluwe is making himself look smaller by the day. Does this guy not realize how obnoxious he is?

79. frank booth says: Jan 26, 2014 2:24 PM

No, it doesn’t look like lawyers are playing this out in the media. Announcements of this kind in publicized cases are very common, and has nothing to do with whether or not the lawyers think they can win in court.

Kluwe obviously couldn’t say anything when he was pursuing a job otherwise he would have been blacklisted. People are trying to blame Kluwe when it’s Priefer who said those things. Someone in the NFL speaking up for the gay community apparently frightens the “men” of the NFL and many of the fans. And the more truth there seems to be to the Priefer story, the more that people want Kluwe go to away.

80. Frazier28/7 says: Jan 26, 2014 7:30 PM

You know what the best part of Jeff Locke’s game is? He punts the ball and goes and sits on the bench during the game and nobody hears from him again until his name is called the next week to punt. You gotta love a punter that just punts.

81. ejmat2 says: Jan 27, 2014 8:39 AM

If what Klewe says happened, did in fact happen, he has a right to exploit it so it doesn’t happen anymore. However, to bring up the fact he was cut because of him being vocal is another story. Klewe, face it. You were not that good of a Punter. So regardless of why you were cut, it doesn’t matter. You were below average and deserved to be cut by your performance on the football field.

82. ejmat2 says: Jan 27, 2014 8:54 AM

tigerlilac says:
    Jan 25, 2014 7:47 PM

Current Special Teams Coordinator, Born: August 21, 1966, Cleveland, Ohio
    ——————————————
    Look on his Wikipedia page or Militarytimes.com

83. coffeerealgood says: Jan 27, 2014 9:34 AM

This is exactly Kluwe didn’t being this up while he was still playing. This controversy has blown up. Just imagine how much of a distraction this would have been for the team if he would of brought this up while he was playing. Kluwe is a intelligent, thoughtful, and brave man for bringing this to events attention. He is not trying to ruin anyones career. He is just bringing attention to an issue that should be out in the open and talked about. Stay strong Chris!

84. norseman69 says: Jan 27, 2014 3:39 PM

If they had the text’s they would already be published…. what a bluff!!

85. frank booth says: Jan 27, 2014 6:53 PM

Right. Because every good lawyer makes sure to release all of his evidence to the public, since the public, and not a judge or jury, is the ultimate arbiter of a trial. They want to get as much information out to the public as possible. That’s why attorneys urge their clients to talk too as many people as often as possible when a trial is pending or ongoing.

86. filthymcnasty1 says: Jan 27, 2014 7:49 PM

The MN Vikings – embarrassing on and off the field.