Demaryius Thomas has respect for Seattle’s secondary

Super Bowl XLVIII Media Day Getty Images

As you might expect, Richard Sherman’s name came up at Broncos wide receiver Demaryius Thomas‘ Media Day press conference on Tuesday.

Thomas had praise for the Seahawks’ star cornerback, calling Sherman “probably the best in the game right now.”

Thomas was then asked by NFL Network’s Deion Sanders if the Seahawks’ secondary was the top one he’s faced this season.

“Yeah, it is, it is, from Earl Thomas, Richard Sherman, (Byron) Maxwell and Kam Chancellor,” said Demaryius Thomas, the Broncos’ leading receiver in 2013.

Demaryius Thomas also shared a small scouting report on Chancellor, the Seahawks’ strong safety.

“I played him in college, and I know he’s a physical player,” Thomas said. “(He’s) downhill, he’s not running around no blocks, and he can cover.”

Permalink 6 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Denver Broncos, Home, Rumor Mill, Seattle Seahawks
6 Responses to “Demaryius Thomas has respect for Seattle’s secondary”
  1. David S. says: Jan 28, 2014 12:28 PM

I love this guy! What a beast! I have even more respect after hearing the story about his Mother and Grandmother’s situation. I wish the Hawks had a #1 receiving threat like him.

–Life long Seattle Fan

2. nanananaboobo says: Jan 28, 2014 12:31 PM

Seattle secondary is Physical is code for they all take Roids

3. frostymugobeer says: Jan 28, 2014 12:52 PM

Bey Bey ….SB MVP ? it could happen !

4. ttommytom says: Jan 28, 2014 12:57 PM

Good comes from bad way more than people realize but when it is front and center, you appreciate and root for…

5. backdapack4evr says: Jan 28, 2014 1:07 PM

Sherman Schwartz and the rest of his Brady Bunch don’t have the firepower to keep up unless the defense scores points in this game.

6. missingsock215 says: Jan 28, 2014 2:11 PM

“I’m the best receiver in the game! When you try me with a sorry receiver like Crabtree, that’s the result you gonna get. Don’t you ever talk about me. Don’t you open your mouth about the best or I’m gonna shut it for you real quick.”

“Who was talking about you?”

“Crabtree”.

Learned a lot at Stanford, didn’t you?