Tebow to co-host GMA on Friday

Tebow AP

In Denver, Tim Tebow jumped a spot on the depth chart.  In his new place of employment, Tebow is jumping past a lot more rungs than that.

According to the Hollywood Reporter, Tebow will co-host ABC’s Good Morning America on Friday.

The connection is obvious.  Tebow now works for ESPN, and Disney owns both ABC and ESPN.

Still, it’s a meteoric rise for a guy who, despite having a clear connection to the location of the game (he played for the Jets) and one of the teams involved in it (he played for the Broncos), remains as green as green can be when it comes to the world of TV.

Still, Tebow continues to sell to a mainstream audience, which is precisely the demographic to which the morning shows cater.

The development comes in the same week that ESPN’s Skip Bayless actually wondered aloud whether Tebow could have led this Broncos team to the Super Bowl.

Permalink 32 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Denver Broncos, Home, New York Jets, Rumor Mill
32 Responses to “Tebow to co-host GMA on Friday”
  1. pathsovglory says: Jan 28, 2014 3:56 PM

good for him?

2. kd75 says: Jan 28, 2014 3:57 PM

Ginger Zee…

3. rdrs68 says: Jan 28, 2014 4:06 PM

GMA is a show for women-won’t see him on a real football show.

4. The League's Crusade Against The Steelers Continues says: Jan 28, 2014 4:07 PM

#diva

5. 8to80texansblog says: Jan 28, 2014 4:08 PM

Wouldn’t be the first ESPNer to go to GMA…

6. nnagi says: Jan 28, 2014 4:11 PM

I guess I will have to watch the Today show instead

7. thevikesarebest says: Jan 28, 2014 4:12 PM

I bet tebow would have suceeded if he played for The Minnesota vikings and I mean big time!

8. pw1265 says: Jan 28, 2014 4:13 PM

who cares about this clown!!!!! geezzzzz

9. jgedgar70 says: Jan 28, 2014 4:22 PM

What’s the over/under on how many minutes into the show before Tebow accidentally breaks into a “PRAISE THE LORD! WOOOO!” shout?

10. onbucky96 says: Jan 28, 2014 4:27 PM

Thanks for the warning. Now I know to avoid GMA Friday. I will only rip on St.Timmy of Gainsville, I refuse to acknowledge him as a Quaterback. Bayless be damned.

11. rajbais says: Jan 28, 2014 4:33 PM

I thought that the “First Take” producer was reportedly taking over the “Today” show.

Apparently it doesn’t take much for a program to be stupid.

What a disgrace his presence when Amy Robach is fighting breast cancer and Robin Roberts has done everything she can to overcome it.

12. rajbais says: Jan 28, 2014 4:35 PM

This is disgusting and what’s dumber is that the other physical waste of space (Bayless) still has a job.

Bayless and Tebow are meant for each other because they’re glorified Kardashians.

Talentless hacks with too much air time.

Yuck!!!!

13. rajbais says: Jan 28, 2014 4:44 PM

The two wastes of airtime and space, Tebow and Bayless, should co-host and the producer should have Richard Sherman pop up as a surprise.

Then Sherman could make the show less dumb by pointing out something truthful and smart: he’s better at life, academics, sports, and speaking than Bayless and Tebow are.

14. squared80 says: Jan 28, 2014 4:51 PM

Guess I’ll be watching TODAY on Friday.

Other than selling his ‘religion’ for personal gain and profit, what has this guy done again? Oh, that’s right. Nothing. Enjoy your idol, sheep.

15. tomtravis76 says: Jan 28, 2014 4:57 PM

Just give him a show on CMT, his followers are already plugged in.

16. seaeagle707 says: Jan 28, 2014 4:59 PM

Tebow is probably better at life than Bayless. So the mainstream audience will get a chance to see if broadcasting is the way for Tim, to go with his future.

But Timmy, whatever you do, don’t give in to the temptation to take off your shirt and flex your triceps for the desperate housewives of America.

17. MichaelEdits says: Jan 28, 2014 5:07 PM

Omaha! Omaha!

18. veecareful says: Jan 28, 2014 5:12 PM

Just what I expected to read. Blogs from jealous heathens. Those who never stood a chance to achieve any of the things Tebow has, plus didn’t have the smarts to know that only through God is anything possible. My prayers for the poor lost souls and prayes to Tebow for staying true to his beliefs and knowing who he is.

19. skinsfantom says: Jan 28, 2014 5:17 PM

FLEX biceps-EXTEND triceps. just sayin, go skins.

20. klroot says: Jan 28, 2014 5:30 PM

wish Tebow all the best

21. wisconsinhillfolk says: Jan 28, 2014 5:31 PM

Apocalyptic.

22. nyneal says: Jan 28, 2014 5:34 PM

This guy is an enigma to me. He stinks as a QB and yet he gets all these offers to do stuff like this.
    I just don’t get the fascination with him, I really don’t.
    I don’t dislike him, but I do wish he’d go on a mission somewhere in a place like Nigeria for the next 10 or 20 years. Because after all the ballyhoo here in NY, I’m sick of hearing about him.

23. upperdecker19 says: Jan 28, 2014 5:45 PM

Matt Lauer demands an explanation!

24. smartanis says: Jan 28, 2014 6:16 PM

Can’t wait to see him throw the broadcast back to the wrong network.

25. karl422 says: Jan 28, 2014 6:58 PM

If you talk to players that were his teammate you will find they all liked him. Very hard working, friendly and just an all round nice guy.

I guess most of the posters have never seen Michael Strahan on Live! with Kelly and Michael. He does a great job and is making millions$. I believe the networks are testing Tim Tebow for a similar role.

26. broncostevenp says: Jan 28, 2014 6:59 PM

I still don’t understand why a team like Jacksonville wouldn’t sign him.

27. Ferdinand says: Jan 28, 2014 7:28 PM

ABC is just trying to remind everyone that they exist, since they do so poorly in the the morning show race and in the over all sports broadcasting field.

28. cuda1234 says: Jan 28, 2014 7:53 PM

“If you talk to players that were his teammate” …

They talk about him the way you talk about a golden retriever, or someone who rides the short bus to school.

29. backdapack4evr says: Jan 28, 2014 8:05 PM

Tebow winning an MVP is about as probable as the Vikings winning a Super Bowl!!

30. randomguy9999 says: Jan 28, 2014 9:25 PM

Tebow will crash and burn at TV too

31. onbucky96 says: Jan 28, 2014 9:44 PM

Tim Tebow can’t find a QB job. I blame Jesus. Neocons, I pray for you to wake up from your Tebow Idolatry and admit you were wrong. Oh wait, as Christians, you’re never wrong.

32. qdog112 says: Jan 28, 2014 10:03 PM

Well, he worked hard for it …WTF am I saying? Exactly what on his resume qualifies him for that? Meanwhile, unemployed journalists walk around begging for jobs and the GOP calls them lazy.

This is exhibit #1 why many are unemployed. They don’t have that name or connection.