Warren Sapp revived his long-simmering feud with Michael Strahan on Tuesday, saying once again that he didn’t believe Strahan was worthy of election to the Pro Football Hall of Fame.
Sapp, who said Simeon Rice was more deserving of the honor last year, and Strahan have had their issues since Sapp criticized Strahan’s single-season sack record because Brett Favre eased himself to the turf like an old man into a nice, warm bath. On Tuesday, Sapp said Strahan “comes up short” of his standard for the Hall.
Strahan played his role in the proceedings later in the day by batting back Sapp’s comments. Strahan dismissed Sapp’s comments as the irrelevant bleating of a sheep before moving on to call Sapp a coward.
“I don’t understand what the problem is, to be honest with you,” Strahan said, via the New York Daily News. “If you have a problem with me, I’m the type of guy you come and talk to me. I’m not a coward to talk to somebody else when I have somebody’s number. I’m going to come to you and tell you if I have a problem. So I don’t understand what this whole thing is about.”
Sapp has no Hall of Fame vote and we’ll find out how much impact his campaign has when the guys that do reveal the newest members of the Hall on Saturday.