After a period of silence, there was a flurry of activity on the Jonathan Martin/Richie Incognito front last week.
Martin did an interview with Tony Dungy, Incognito responded with the help of a PR firm and Dolphins owner Stephen Ross let slip that he didn’t expect either player to play for the Dolphins in 2014. Ross also said he had an idea about what was in the forthcoming report from NFL investigator Ted Wells on the allegations of harassment leveled by Martin.
According to a report from Mike Silver of NFL Network, a few more people will have an idea about what’s in there in a few days. Silver reports that Wells’ report is likely to be delivered on Thursday.
With Ross saying neither player — Incognito is a free agent while Martin remains under contract — is going to be back, the Dolphins’ response to whatever is in the final report seems clear. There’s been some speculation that there could be fallout for offensive line coach Jim Turner, but the team hasn’t said anything other than that he remains on the staff.