See you on September 4 in Seattle

12 AP

The 2014 regular season will begin on Thursday, September 4.  In Seattle.  On NBC.

And it definitely will happen in Seattle, because the Mariners are playing that night on the road.

So who will the Seahawks host that night?  The options for 2014 are the 49ers, Rams, Cardinals, Cowboys, Giants, Broncos, Raiders, and Packers.

The PFT contingent at the Super Bowl disagrees on the opponent.  MDS and Josh Alper predict the Cowboys.  Curtis Crabtree picks the 49ers.  Darin Gantt has the Giants.

My guess is the Packers.

Who do you think it will be?  If only there were a quick and easy way to find out.

Permalink 73 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Arizona Cardinals, Dallas Cowboys, Denver Broncos, Green Bay Packers, New York Giants, Oakland Raiders, Rumor Mill, San Francisco 49ers, Seattle Seahawks, St. Louis Rams, Top Stories
73 Responses to “See you on September 4 in Seattle”
  1. forsbergler says: Feb 2, 2014 9:56 PM

What a beat down! As a bronco fan, I take my hat off to the Seahawks and their fans. This Seatle defense was dominating today and really reminded me of the Tampa defense of the early 2000’s. You have a team you can be proud of for many years to come. The 12th man even showed up tonight in NY, which I don’t think my broncos really planned very well for. A hell of a performance, and a hell of a team. Congradulations on being World champs!

2. number1hawkfan says: Feb 2, 2014 9:57 PM

Great to be a champion finally!!!! Feels even better with all the trolls and haters having to eat their words. Seahawks for life!!!! We’re the best today and hopefully for years to come. Now that we have a super bowl win I want a dynasty!!!!!!

3. blacknole08 says: Feb 2, 2014 9:57 PM

49ers. Im sure CBS would want the Broncos-Hawks game for themselves.

4. weepingjebus says: Feb 2, 2014 9:57 PM

Peyton Manning is the biggest choker I’ve ever seen, and I’ve watched rancid guacamole get served to a room of 100 people.

5. andretg1971 says: Feb 2, 2014 9:57 PM

as usual you lose your last game peyton haha
    great job seahawks one hell of a team fierce defense clutch players all around you deserve it and im a pats fan …im glad for pete carroll great guy

6. nfl4days says: Feb 2, 2014 9:57 PM

Congratulations to the superbowl champion seattle seahawks!! A team of misfits taking down king manning. Reminds me of when my saints won their first. ENJOY.

7. unbridledsexy says: Feb 2, 2014 9:58 PM

That was complete and utter domination in every phase of football. I havent been this turned on in years

8. loyalraven says: Feb 2, 2014 9:58 PM

As a DIEHARD loyal Ravens fan – I respect the hell out of defense! I feel proud to pass the Lombardi to Seattle. Complete Domination!

#MUCH RESPECT, we’ll see you next year

9. shadowcell says: Feb 2, 2014 9:58 PM

I’d expect the 49ers. I can’t see the league passing up on putting a grudge match like that on display on Opening Day.

10. thepftpoet says: Feb 2, 2014 9:58 PM

The Vikings are still the best team in the NFL.

This Seahawks Super Bowl win has an asterisk on it.

#Cheaters

11. flash1283 says: Feb 2, 2014 9:58 PM

MEGA HEAD set his final record of the 2013 season, 12!

As in 12 playoff loses, MOST ever for a QB.

Sorry but you can’t be the greatest ever with that record oh and 1-2 in SB’s

Hello FORSBERGLER , Manning SUCKS in SB’S!!

Brady>Manning

12. fanofevilempire says: Feb 2, 2014 9:58 PM

Hats off to Seattle, enjoy my friends you guys are on top of the world. Get ya Shine on Seattle, NYC LOVES YOU!

13. mavajo says: Feb 2, 2014 9:59 PM

Worst Super Bowl I’ve seen in my lifetime.

As a neutral observer, Seattle really didn’t seem all that amazing. Denver was just completely incompetent out there. The safety to start the game was completely unforced – Seattle had nothing to do with it. And that set the tone for the day.

14. staffordsyear says: Feb 2, 2014 9:59 PM

Sorry vikings fans, looks like percy harvin got the best out of that trade, what a sorry SB.

15. thatswhatimsayin says: Feb 2, 2014 9:59 PM

Seahawk trolls, you don’t deserve Russell Wilson. Congrats true Seahawk fans.

16. slugbaitspace says: Feb 2, 2014 9:59 PM

THREE-PEAT! THREE-PEAT! THREE-PEAT!

What, too soon?

17. gopackgocausecowboysblow says: Feb 2, 2014 10:00 PM

What does T-Jack have that AP doesn’t? A ring!

18. brooklyn40niner says: Feb 2, 2014 10:01 PM

The real SB was played two weeks ago in Seattle.

Top Five NFL Power rankings:
    1. hawks
    2.49ers
    3.saints
    4.panthers
    5. Broncos.

#AFCisGarbage

19. thefiesty1 says: Feb 2, 2014 10:01 PM

If it’s the CowBabies, then they’ll start 2014 with a win. Congrats for beating a one man team to win the SB.

20. mrlaloosh says: Feb 2, 2014 10:01 PM

PEYTON MANNING IS THE GREATEST REGULAR SEASON QUARTERBACK IN THE HISTORY OF THE WORLD! Takes two different teams to the Super Bowl and twice! throws a pick six. That will never be duplicated in the history of mankind.

21. minimal89 says: Feb 2, 2014 10:02 PM

Congrats Seattle on your Super Bowl win.

But for just for record, let me remind you that Kevin Durantt and the Sonics are never coming back. :)

22. fanofevilempire says: Feb 2, 2014 10:02 PM

I didn’t see this beat down coming, Denver didn’t win any match up on the field and the second half kickoff kicked them in the gut, they played really soft and couldn’t tackle worth a sheet.

23. touchdownamericasteam says: Feb 2, 2014 10:02 PM

Aikman said it best, reminded me of his first Superbowl vs the Bills. Well, Megamind is now 1 of 3 in Superbowls and scored 8 whopping points. I think we can close the book on the Peyton is the Greatest argument. He’s not even close. Congrats to the world champion Seahawks, and I’d love to see Dallas take them on week 1.

24. migoli says: Feb 2, 2014 10:02 PM

Really couldn’t wait to get that baseball line in huh ?

25. pacificnw7722 says: Feb 2, 2014 10:03 PM

CONGRATS Hawks on one hella performance!!!

Long live the Seattle Seahawks!!!

26. prosourcetalk says: Feb 2, 2014 10:03 PM

It will definitely be Niners @ Hawks

27. rj6976 says: Feb 2, 2014 10:03 PM

It’ll be Green Bay, Super Bowl champs vs fail mary victim. Book it

28. meatcarroll says: Feb 2, 2014 10:05 PM

DOESN’T EVEN MATTER! Seahawks will DESTROY anyway!!! Especially Krappernick and Fraudbaugh!!!

29. stainlesssteellegends says: Feb 2, 2014 10:05 PM

Peyton Manning < Russell Wilson

30. allidoiswin55 says: Feb 2, 2014 10:06 PM

Super Bowl champs !!! Youngest team to ever do it . Where’s all the Russell Wilson sucks and Percy harvin trade was terrible … I guess we’ll hear about peds even though their aren10 teams with as many as them this year INCLUDING DENVER ..

Nice that the hawks beat the broncos in every single area so we won’t hear all this ref talk like every other sore loser . I’d add the Champ looks outmatched he should retire with grace like he is as one of the best of all Time but he’s done wish he had won the big game sometime besides today .

Manning will be back to his old tricks reading defenses and audibiling the play . Seattle payed the blue print to beat him don’t change a thing make them take the under routes and when he tries to push it down field take it away or hit him ..

31. willnit says: Feb 2, 2014 10:07 PM

September 4th. Got that guys. Hurry up and throw your flacco jerseys away and switch em with your brand spankin new Sherman ones.

32. salsendardo says: Feb 2, 2014 10:09 PM

That is, unless there is a Mariners home game…

33. nickster31 says: Feb 2, 2014 10:09 PM

People picking the 49ers, why? Why would you put a divisional game 1st?

Wont happen. Guaranteed.

34. salsendardo says: Feb 2, 2014 10:10 PM

Never mind, I can’t read.

35. staffordsyear says: Feb 2, 2014 10:10 PM

And congrats to real seahawk fans.

36. metalman5150 says: Feb 2, 2014 10:10 PM

What a lame game

37. 1phd says: Feb 2, 2014 10:10 PM

Best part of the game, seeing Sherman on crutches! #karmaisreal

38. flash1283 says: Feb 2, 2014 10:14 PM

Peyton Manning first 3 SB 1-2 860 yard 3td 6 int’s

Tom Brady first 3 SB 3-0 , 748 yards 6 td 1 int

Brady better than Manning!!

39. taintedsaints2009 says: Feb 2, 2014 10:17 PM

Congrats to the four Vikings on that team!

Harvin, rice, Jackson, farwell

40. axespray says: Feb 2, 2014 10:19 PM

Packers started out on the road last year.
    NFL seems to like the “Road-Home-Road-Home” thing…

So I’m guessing it’s the niners since they started at home last year.

idk.

41. texanfan62 says: Feb 2, 2014 10:25 PM

Congrats to the Seahawks and their great fans. Great Defense. Can’t figure out why Denver was favored. Defense beats offense, like pitching beats hitting in Baseball. Congrats!

42. tooz72 says: Feb 2, 2014 10:25 PM

Raiders would get the highest rating..it’s the Raiders

43. uglyglazers says: Feb 2, 2014 10:30 PM

Just not the cowboys. Who would watch a sorry team like that?

44. FoozieGrooler says: Feb 2, 2014 10:38 PM

Worst Super Bowl ever.

But on the bright side, Seahag fans can now stop whining about the officiating in SB XL.

45. rockinchox says: Feb 2, 2014 10:39 PM

Thirty years ago I was at the first Seahawk playoff game ever,,Today my wait is over,Well done Hawks!

46. lennymoorerules says: Feb 2, 2014 10:39 PM

Congratulations SeaHawks and their fans-you earned it and deserve it!

47. hawkforlife says: Feb 2, 2014 10:49 PM

They play in different stadiums PFT.

48. dickjagger says: Feb 2, 2014 10:53 PM

Congrats Seahawks fans! Not since my Ravens destroyed the Giants in SUPERBOWL 34 has a defense destroyed another team (Tampa tore up too but since they’re coach was the opposing teams coach the year before and knew the offense like the back of his hand, I give partial credit.) Still though, in today’s offense favored/driven league it makes this victory just as impressive! Congrats 12th man! Party safe!

49. The League's Crusade Against The Steelers Continues says: Feb 2, 2014 10:57 PM

To all the Brady fanboys out there: Manning has won a Super Bowl latest. Brady is helpless in the playoffs without a good defense.

50. quidnuncq says: Feb 2, 2014 11:16 PM

allidoiswin55 says:

__________

Like the Seahawks fans whining about SB XL for the last eight years?

51. jakeplummersghost says: Feb 2, 2014 11:28 PM

49ers. Im sure CBS would want the Broncos-Hawks game for themselves.
    —————————–
    NFC team is home, so it would be FOX. Pretty sure NBC has its pick for the first game of the season anyways.

52. reecan says: Feb 2, 2014 11:38 PM

As a 9ers Fan I want to say Congratulations to Seattle for dominating win over Denver. Enjoy your Championship. Oh just a heads up, those Super Bowl Trophies are difficult to keep clean… Oh but wait I forgot you only have ONE!
    Enjoy :) …. see ya next year.

53. oreo51 says: Feb 2, 2014 11:44 PM

Are you kidding me? None of these teams are going to want to open on the road against the Hawks.

54. thebirdofprey2 says: Feb 3, 2014 12:09 AM

To the fans that saying Seattle didn’t do anything impressive out there. I think you don’t know what you’re watching because this is the same way that great Tampa Bay defense or 2000 Ravens won their Super Bowls.

Percy Harvin returning the ball for 80 yards is something special. Holding the best offense in the history of the game to points is special. Doesn’t matter if you give credit where its due, Seattle Seahawks are Super Bowl Champs.

55. goldrush94 says: Feb 3, 2014 12:18 AM

49ers open their new stadium next year. My guess is they’ll host the MNF game and Seahawks open against the Broncos.

56. dirtysouthniner says: Feb 3, 2014 1:42 AM

Congrats Seahawks!!! Beat down.. Niner fan

57. scmorg1974 says: Feb 3, 2014 1:55 AM

Niners

58. gohawks7 says: Feb 3, 2014 3:07 AM

I hope they don’t schedule sea vs SF in week 1. Let the rivalry build for a few weeks.

59. eagler927 says: Feb 3, 2014 5:34 AM

The Seahawks should open the season against the Cardinals.
    AZ the only team in over 2 years to win in Seattle

60. Ruppert says: Feb 3, 2014 6:31 AM

Congrats to Seattle. That was a “no-doubter.”

61. onbucky96 says: Feb 3, 2014 6:50 AM

My guess/dread is the Packers. After Ted Thompson breaks the bank signing major free agents and trades up into the top 10 to get a player both talented and not injury prone, the league will thus put the Packers on opening night. And they will get DESTROYED. #SpendSomeBloodyMoneyTed

62. PacificNWMark says: Feb 3, 2014 7:14 AM

mavajo says: Feb 2, 2014 9:59 PM

Worst Super Bowl I’ve seen in my lifetime.

******

Haters are going to hate. The Seahawks special teams set up the safety by pinning Denver deep, and the Seahawks’ fans – YES, the 12th man, out if force even in NJ – were making so much noise Denver’s center couldn’t tell if Manning was calling the cadence or the snap count. So in fact Seattle contributed to the safety. Then they scored another 41 points – kicking, on the ground, in the air, defensively, and via kickoff return – which actually WAS pretty amazing.

Maybe you’ve only been a football fan for a few years, I don’t know, but Super Bowl 35 was worse (Ravens 34 – Giants 7).

63. watermelon1 says: Feb 3, 2014 8:59 AM

They should have to open on the road just like last year’s Super Bowl winner had to.

64. themiamidolphins says: Feb 3, 2014 9:27 AM

It would be cool to see the Broncos in that game, but I’m predicting the 49ers.

65. tk429 says: Feb 3, 2014 10:18 AM

It would be a dream come true to watch them whip the hell out of Dallas to open the season.

66. sonoco says: Feb 3, 2014 10:32 AM

The best match-up would be the 49ers, obviously . . . but this will be a bottom line decision which means Cowboys, Giants or Packers.

67. crownofthehelmet says: Feb 3, 2014 12:08 PM

I’m just glad there is a new SB Champion so the Ravens can return to their rightful place of being the little sisters of the Steelers.

68. inferreadcensors says: Feb 3, 2014 12:12 PM

The league can schedule the Broncos, but that doesn’t mean they will show up. Franchise is a choke, metaphysical that Peyton would choose them after years of mostly choking with the Colts.

69. adderal says: Feb 3, 2014 12:36 PM

Id rather SEA-SF wait till later in season for both divisional games. Game one is way to early to waste that rivalry.

70. outlawshark says: Feb 3, 2014 1:19 PM

My guess is the Packers. It will be before Green Bay loses 15 players to IR yet again, so they will actually have the talent to win. Plus, I would love to see what Lacy can do against that great Seattle defense.

71. titletownphipsi says: Feb 3, 2014 5:23 PM

I’d love to see it be my Packers, I think it would be GREAT karma and payback for the Packers to ruin the homecoming Super Bowl Party for the Seahawks after the Fail Marry debacle!!

72. cobaltdriver says: Feb 3, 2014 7:57 PM

I wish it was Minnesota. They are always crying for attention and it just bugs the crap out of them that the Bears and Green Bay are always the media favorites. Let it be the Queens..have the Hawks blow them out in week 1 so that we can have 1 week of peace and quiet. Of course they will still find a reason to whine. I am sure Bevell, Harvin,Rice, and Farwell are thanking Jesus everyday they are not part of the purple anymore

73. icebowler says: Feb 4, 2014 4:44 PM

I’d like it to be the Packers because it’s good to get a great team early. There are a lot of apparent “upsets” on opening week. But I don’t think the NFL brass want’s to emphasize the Replacement Ref fiasco in the super-hyped opener. They want that mess to disappear from our consciousness.