Skip to content

Seahawks were able to quiet 911 calls during Super Bowl

Seattle Seahawks fans celebrate by starting a small fire on the street after their team won the NFL Super Bowl XLVIII in Seattle Reuters

Not only did the Seahawks stop Peyton Manning.

They stopped crime.

According to Rikki King of the Everett Herald, 911 calls in the region were significantly down during the Super Bowl, but spiked afterward when the party began.

Kurt Mills, the executive director of the dispatch center serving Everett and north and east Snohomish County, said emergency dispatchers handled 41 percent fewer calls than the same time during other winter Sundays.

But after the game, the calls flooded in, mostly with citizens complaining about fireworks and noise.

“It hit us immediately when the time was done,” Mills said. “Even before the presentation of the Lombardi Trophy, we saw the uptick.”

There’s no update from Denver as to whether there was a spike in burning Broncos memorabilia, or shooting holes in televisions, Elvis-style.

Permalink 15 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Rumor Mill, Seattle Seahawks
15 Responses to “Seahawks were able to quiet 911 calls during Super Bowl”
  1. zeke2517 says: Feb 4, 2014 2:20 PM

    I’m sure this surprises zero people.

  2. angelogiaquinto18 says: Feb 4, 2014 2:27 PM

    Always makes sense when cities win championships, then citizens burn down the city! It’s great to celebrate but unless your on the teams payroll…keep it in perspective!

  3. thegreatgabbert says: Feb 4, 2014 2:37 PM

    Rikki went on to add, “Due to the one sided nature of the match, there were virtually no ‘We wuz robbed!’ calls to deal with, either.”.

  4. thegreatgabbert says: Feb 4, 2014 2:38 PM

    Everyone was asleep by the end of the first quarter.

  5. eyeamlothar says: Feb 4, 2014 2:41 PM

    Luckily no one burnt down the city. Some college students at UW burnt some mattresses, but other than that Seattle and its citizens were pretty responsible.

    Google either #howseattleriots for some tongue-in-cheek entertainment or “Ballard Super Bowl Celebration with No Jaywalking.”

  6. imbetteratlifethanyou says: Feb 4, 2014 2:50 PM

    Have the Vikings celebrated anything? Ever? Most 10 loss seasons in history?

  7. njligernj says: Feb 4, 2014 2:51 PM

    re: after the game: I’m not a fan of loud parties (I don’t even like loud restaurants) but for crying out loud who complains about noise after the city just won the Super Bowl? They should get fines for clogging up 911 lines with their absurd complaints.

  8. anicra says: Feb 4, 2014 2:54 PM

    What? they did not follow Top Dollar and have a Devil’s Night like in Detriot after a NBA championship

  9. seatownballers says: Feb 4, 2014 3:01 PM

    Lol
    Then they were drunk and….

  10. rliseraz says: Feb 4, 2014 3:10 PM

    90% of the people causing all the damage aren’t even fans, the other 10% are drunk. Just an excuse to be crazy.

  11. coolherc says: Feb 4, 2014 3:18 PM

    Where in the article read you read anything about anyone causing any damage? The complaints were mostly about fireworks and noise, not burning cars and vandalism.

  12. seattlelibtard says: Feb 4, 2014 3:39 PM

    The fireworks were going off from opening kickoff.

  13. trollhammer20 says: Feb 4, 2014 3:45 PM

    The “riots” in Ballard, as one other comment noted, featured bands of buzzed citizens roaming the streets and waiting for the green walk indicators at intersections.

    Because in Seattle, our rioters are as pedestrian as our wide receivers.

  14. beastmode5150 says: Feb 4, 2014 4:14 PM

    There was no damage, or arrests.

    Seattle>your city

  15. jamaltimore says: Feb 5, 2014 2:54 PM

    I think the Greatest MLB of all Time, Ray Lewis, made a statement about NFL stopping crime a while ago and he was ridiculed by many posters on across the sportsworld.

    Once again, just like in Atlanta, many can now apologize to the GOAT for not taking him at his word!

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to leave a comment. Not a member? Register now!