Andre Reed picks Marv Levy to present him at the Hall of Fame

ANDRE REED BILLS Getty Images

Former Bills receiver Andre Reed knows who he wants to present him for induction in the Pro Football Hall of Fame: His Hall of Fame coach, Marv Levy.

Reed and Levy both appeared on SiriusXM NFL Radio today, and Reed said Levy was an easy choice because the Bills of the 1990s were one big family.

“Marv, I love you, man,” Reed told Levy. “We were like family, and we know we wouldn’t be where we are without each other.”

“I am complimented and I am really looking forward to that weekend,” Levy said.

Reed was on Levy’s team for all 12 of Levy’s seasons as the head coach of the Bills.

Permalink 20 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Buffalo Bills, Home, Rumor Mill
20 Responses to “Andre Reed picks Marv Levy to present him at the Hall of Fame”
  1. theworkhorsebackdotcom says: Feb 6, 2014 9:28 PM

Yeah and that Jim Kelly guy had a part in it too

2. ialwayswantedtobeabanker says: Feb 6, 2014 9:28 PM

Epic choice.

Where else would you rather be than RIGHT HERE, RIGHT NOW???

Levy is legendary. I wonder if he can work in the term “over-officious jerk” into the enshrinement speech. It’d be hilarious if he did!

3. peytonmanningsforehead says: Feb 6, 2014 9:31 PM

Perfect choice for a presenter. Now they can relive all those oh so close moments when the Bills mattered. But I kid, of course. The Bills never mattered and they never will. BILLS (Boy I Love Losing Superbowls). HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

4. thereisfootballwestofjersey says: Feb 6, 2014 9:39 PM

Marv is the perfect choice!

Reed was a classy dude. He ran me over on the sidelines at Candlestick when I was shooting the ’92 “no punt” game between the Niners & Bills. He stopped and helped me up.

Congrats on the H.O.F.!

5. Phintastic says: Feb 6, 2014 9:43 PM

Even as a Dolphins fan, it’s hard to argue with Reed’s selection of Levy…

6. buffalobills716 says: Feb 6, 2014 9:47 PM

Even doe we didn’t win one super bowls out of those four.. I’m happy. At least we not like Patriots AKA cheaters

7. jacksonjames4 says: Feb 6, 2014 10:01 PM

What a great team that was

8. corkspop says: Feb 6, 2014 10:55 PM

Excellent choice by a truly deserving HOF inductee.

9. saneman66 says: Feb 6, 2014 11:01 PM

For a team that didn’t win a SB, they have way too many HOFers. I personally think they had a lot of very good players. But Jim Kelly is no HOFer. He is borderline. And Thurman Thomas did have a good first SB, But if Bettis has to wait, so should Thurman have waited a few times.

Andre Reed was a good overall WR who was diverse in his playmaking. So I can’t begrudge him.

10. daddyb1gdrawz says: Feb 6, 2014 11:01 PM

Suddenly the Hall of Fame has become the Hall of Very Good. Sorry but Andre Reed’s accomplishments are not HOF worthy. Thurman Thomas-yes, Bruce Smith-yes, Jim Kelly-yes but not Andre Reed.

11. toonloonboon says: Feb 6, 2014 11:29 PM

i would have preferred marv albert

12. lennymoorerules says: Feb 6, 2014 11:52 PM

I am glad Reed got in. Long overdue! Now the next wr that needs to enter the Hall is Tim Brown.

13. fansincebirth says: Feb 7, 2014 12:07 AM

I remember an article in the Buffalo News when I was a kid by the great Larry Felser. It was on a Sunday morning during the football season and the headline read something like “These are the Golden Years Bills Fans, Enjoy Them Now.” Man, was that ever true. Awesome stuff. Even as a young kid then, I realized those teams were special and reading that article put it all in perspective how lucky we all were to be a part of the ride…

14. chinahand11 says: Feb 7, 2014 12:34 AM

Great choice. For you youngsters out there wondering what “class” is, take a gander at Mr. Levy. Not a bad person to emulate, and a great coach.

15. nicofthenorthstar says: Feb 7, 2014 12:39 AM

The real question is: will he invite Scott Norwood?

16. toddsage1billsfan says: Feb 7, 2014 1:02 AM

Phenomenal all around receiver. His nickname on the team was YAC for yards after the catch and his downfield blocking was excellent. He would have put up HUGE numbers in this era where Corner Backs can’t touch the receivers. He definitely deserves to be in the Hall.

17. johnnycantread says: Feb 7, 2014 5:30 AM

I hope Marv doesn’t sing.

18. philvil41 says: Feb 7, 2014 8:32 AM

These two are the least deserving pair in HOF history.Levy is 20 games over .500 and was a huge reason they never won a SB.Outcoached in each SB, his teams were out partying and ill prepared…Bruce Smith has admitted as much.As for Reed, he was very good,not Hall worthy by any means. Never had back to back 1000 yd seasons,only 4 total and was a me first, always unhappy, selfish jerk.His inconsistency is even more telling considering he played with a QB, RB, & WR that are enshrined in the HOF. The Bills are the Cubs of the NFL, they will NEVER win a SB. What’s the area code of Buffalo ?…………0-4-4

19. tcostant says: Feb 7, 2014 9:51 AM

You know I have watched a lot of football and Reed in that Super Bowl vs. the Giants played small. He short armed passes and didn’t want to get hit. He’s not a HoFer IMO. I would have put Tim Brown or eveb Gary Clark before this guy.

20. joetoronto says: Feb 7, 2014 12:17 PM

He was good, but not HOF good. Tim Brown should be in instead.