Skip to content

Stephen Ross plans to meet with Jonathan Martin soon

Ross Getty Images

Buried in the release announcing the terminations of Dolphins offensive line coach Jim Turner and head trainer Kevin O’Neill is a comment from owner Stephen Ross regarding tackle Jonathan Martin.

“I am in contact with Jonathan Martin and we plan to meet soon,” Ross said.

Martin’s agent has said that he’ll meet with the Dolphins in Indianapolis to determine the next steps.  Last month, Ross said it’s unlikely either Martin or guard Richie Incognito will return to the team.

But that was before the Ted Wells report was released.  Given the conclusions Wells reached, maybe Ross has decided to bring Martin back.

Or maybe the Dolphins are trying one last time to create the impression Martin will be back, in order to salvage trade value.

Permalink 4 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Miami Dolphins, Rumor Mill
4 Responses to “Stephen Ross plans to meet with Jonathan Martin soon”
  1. fearthehoody says: Feb 19, 2014 9:46 PM

    This franchise is a real life punchline! Who’s worse, the Dolphins or the Marlins?

  2. thereyougo2 says: Feb 19, 2014 10:58 PM

    What a complete mess. I’m feeling sorry for their draft picks.

  3. kingpel says: Feb 20, 2014 12:06 AM

    Martin can still play, just not in Miami.

  4. randomguy9999 says: Feb 22, 2014 12:28 AM

    the Phins should wipe the slate clean… fire Philbin, Richie, all the trainers involved, Pouncey, Wells, and Martin… give Martin a settlement because he’s gonna win whatever lawsuit he brings… and leave all the mess behind

    but they won’t

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to leave a comment. Not a member? Register now!