Wilson doesn’t rule out playing in a Rangers spring training game

Wilson AP

Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson has been making the media rounds this week, thanks to a couple of paid sponsors who can give him the money that until next year the Seahawks can’t.

The Seahawks also can’t give Wilson the chance to play baseball.  The Rangers, who drafted Wilson last year in the so-called Rule 5 draft (not to be confused with the Rule 6 draft), have invited Wilson to spring training.

He’s going, and he’ll practice.  He reportedly will participate in a split-squad game.  Asked during a Thursday visit to Pro Football Talk on NBCSN whether he’ll indeed play in a live game, Wilson was a little evasive.

“Who knows, man?” Wilson told Erik Kuselias.  “Really, I’m there just to be around the guys and learn from a championship organization like the Texas Rangers and all the things they’ve done, and share my moments this with the Seattle Seahawks and what we’ve done, and just learn as much as I can.”

For the full interview, click the button in the box below.

Permalink 8 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Rumor Mill, Seattle Seahawks
8 Responses to “Wilson doesn’t rule out playing in a Rangers spring training game”
  1. henryjones20 says: Feb 28, 2014 5:20 AM

I’m sure there will be one nut job that will be outraged that he is taking up a roster spot,and I am positive you were just as outraged when Garth Brooks did the same thing.ha.have fun Russell

2. bearwithjetpack says: Feb 28, 2014 5:20 AM

At what point did the Texas Rangers become a championship organization?

3. cali49er707 says: Feb 28, 2014 5:23 AM

Can’t say a bad thing about this guy even though I hate him come every Sunday. One of the ultimate good guys of the NFL.

4. libradad53 says: Feb 28, 2014 6:44 AM

Don’t Play or “You’ll blow your Achilles” . And the manager of the Texans is already on record as saying Russell will not face any live pitching. I swear, I do not get why the Seahawks are letting this happen. Isn’t there a clause in most contracts about risk activities??

5. qdog112 says: Feb 28, 2014 7:12 AM

Good for you young man. You have earned it. Enjoy your success. As a Super Bowl winning QB and a great ambassador for both sports, the NFL or MLB couldn’t find a better poster boy.

6. scottychicago says: Feb 28, 2014 7:31 AM

championship organization?

7. bennyb82 says: Feb 28, 2014 7:41 AM

There is absolutely no way the Seahawks let Wilson play in this game even if it is ‘just’baseball.

8. jrod2go says: Feb 28, 2014 9:30 AM

I remember the Birds beating the Rangers in the WS on some late inning clutch hitting and Cruz antics in the OF…wonder when they won this championship Russ is talkn bout.