Dee Ford works out well, insists there’s no feud with Clowney

Dee Ford AP

The closest we came to Scouting Combine trash talk was when Auburn defensive end Dee Ford said South Carolina’s Jadeveon Clowneyplays like a blind dog in a meat market.”

Of course, Ford didn’t get a chance to show his own carnivorous abilities in Indianapolis, because of a low back issue.

At his pro day Tuesday, he tried to put both issues to rest.

“It’s a great story and it sounds good, but what I want everyone to know is that me and Clowney are not feuding,” Ford told D. Orlando Ledbetter of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. “We compete. If he sets a number, I’m going to try and beat it. I told Clowney to set the bar the high.

“That’s just how we have fun. We didn’t take any of that personally. I think, if anything, it was taken differently by the masses and that’s not something that I can control. Me and Clowney have a great relationship. We are not feuding.”

With that settled, Ford went about displaying his own athletic talents, which are merely great and not superhuman.

He rans his 40s in 4.59 and 4.53 seconds (though pro day times are always a little sketchy), with a 35 1/2-inch vertical, and 29 reps of the 225-pound bench press.

Ford also dropped nearly 10 pounds since the Combine, going from 252 to 244 (meaning he’s carrying about 20 fewer pounds than Clowney), and siad there were no issues with his back that would preclude him from playing.

Permalink 8 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Rumor Mill
8 Responses to “Dee Ford works out well, insists there’s no feud with Clowney”
  1. oldbyrd says: Mar 5, 2014 7:51 AM

He’s not Clowney.

2. raiderufan says: Mar 5, 2014 8:03 AM

While I acknowledge pro day times aren’t always dead on it’s funny that Clowney mocked the 40 with a 4.5 and Ford is merely human for running half a blink of an eye slower at 4.53.

3. Ed Bandell says: Mar 5, 2014 8:20 AM

Sounds like they admire each other a lot. I wonder why he didn’t use that “term of endearment” that is getting a whole lot of news these days?

4. titansbro says: Mar 5, 2014 8:32 AM

The closest we came to Scouting Combine trash talk was when Auburn defensive end Dee Ford said South Carolina’s Jadeveon Clowney “plays like a blind dog in a meat market.”

————————————————————–

When speaking about a pass rusher, how is this not a compliment?

5. opinevain says: Mar 5, 2014 8:36 AM

Great Numbers!

6. tvguy22 says: Mar 5, 2014 9:40 AM

I think that is offensive to blind dogs. In fact, the refs should penalize any player who refers to another player as a “blind dog” on the field. We need to clean up the hurtful language.

/sarcasm

7. realnflmaster says: Mar 5, 2014 9:44 AM

They need to test him

8. allidoiswin55 says: Mar 5, 2014 2:44 PM

Remind me of Harrison . Beastly stout de type who plays intimidating type football . Kid will be a stud might take two , three seasons but once he catches his stride his work ethic and will will take over .