Reports: Darren Sharper to stay in custody in California for time being

Sharper Rape Charges AP

Darren Sharper must stay in jail in California after he was charged with two counts of sexual assault Tuesday in Arizona, a Los Angeles Superior Court judge has ruled, according to multiple published reports Thursday.

According to USA Today, Arizona sought Sharper’s extradition to face the charges levied on Tuesday, which was a factor in Judge Renee Korn’s decision to keep Sharper in custody.

Sharper faces a bail hearing on March 24, USA Today reported.

Formerly an NFL safety and an NFL Network analyst, the 38-year-old Sharper has been charged with two counts of rape with use of drugs in California. There is also a warrant for his arrest on two rape charges in Louisiana.

Permalink 18 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Rumor Mill
18 Responses to “Reports: Darren Sharper to stay in custody in California for time being”
  1. p4hbiz says: Mar 13, 2014 2:45 PM

Why is he even mention anymore?

2. blackandbluedivision says: Mar 13, 2014 2:48 PM

charged for rape in three states. Dang.

3. tmarlin1221 says: Mar 13, 2014 2:49 PM

It’s a conspiracy

4. chicagosports2014 says: Mar 13, 2014 2:51 PM

Throw away the key, I really think he is a guilty weirdo!

5. loyalraven says: Mar 13, 2014 2:52 PM

I say you pass him around the Jails of all the states he’s been accused in. Make him wear a pretty little pink dress. I’m sure he’d be quite the cutie in prison. Karma is the best form of justice if you catch my drift, only – Bubba and Big Steve aren’t gonna drug you beforehand…

6. theclink12 says: Mar 13, 2014 2:55 PM

Too bad.

Denver was just going to sign him to a $50 million contract.

7. socalmaverick says: Mar 13, 2014 2:59 PM

Drew Brees probably needed an explanation……after he woke up.

8. djlexluger says: Mar 13, 2014 3:08 PM

I can’t believe someone thought releasing him should even be an option.

9. phinfan says: Mar 13, 2014 3:31 PM

Join the jailbirds team, your tightend is hernandez and wide reciever is titus young

10. distracted9 says: Mar 13, 2014 3:39 PM

I think it’s good to mention it.. make sure his fellow inmates knows why he’s there.. man he’s going to get passed around like a two dollar joint at prom. They’ll be lubing up with hot sauce and kitty litter and going in deep lol

11. dtr3e says: Mar 13, 2014 3:55 PM

I’m sure this didn’t start after his playing days were over. I wonder how many teammates of his knew of the things he was up too. Oh well, he’ll be trading teammates for inmates now.

12. dantemania says: Mar 13, 2014 4:25 PM

I doubt they have much evidence. Too much Time passed. Maybe independent testimony I’d similar might be admissible. Zero rape kits likely the gold digger argument maybe texts etc. Doesn’t look good but the court of public opinion seems decided. Fair trial unlikely.

13. pattunya says: Mar 13, 2014 4:40 PM

Dudes all done! What another waste. I don’t think he’s going to be anyone’s prom queen in the big house. He’s a big boy and the prisons are full of his type.

14. meatcarroll says: Mar 13, 2014 5:04 PM

#FREESHARPER

15. dirtymcgirty says: Mar 13, 2014 6:16 PM

He had so much time to take his money, flee to some island somewhere, and set up a new life. He probably thought with his charm and pretty boy looks, he’d be able to sweet talk his way out of this thing. Oh well.. enjoy life without parole, buddy.

16. thelegendofkikoalonso says: Mar 13, 2014 7:09 PM

I wonder if he wil be on the “tight end” or “wide receiver” side in prison… I’m guessing the ladder

17. soundslikeatypicalbastard says: Mar 13, 2014 7:35 PM

We all like to poke fun at fans of Sharper’s former teams, but he actually worked for nfl network when all of these crimes allegedly occurred. Does his employer have any liability here? I’m guessing not, but I’m curious.

18. fmc651 says: Mar 13, 2014 10:34 PM

His facial expressions are not very good. He looks guilty.