Brandon Spikes: I don’t see how anyone can respect Ray Rice

spikesrice Getty Images

Bills linebacker Brandon Spikes is speaking out strongly against Ravens running back Ray Rice, who was indicted this week for aggravated assault.

Reacting to the news that Rice has just married the woman he is accused of assaulting, Spikes went off on Rice on Twitter.

“That’s him trying to save his image duh,” Spikes wrote of Rice’s wedding.

Spikes said he got angry when he saw the surveillance video that appears to show Rice dragging his unconscious wife out of an elevator, video that was taken, authorities say, moments after Rice punched her and knocked her out.

I don’t see how anyone can respect him. Put your hands on a woman. The woman that had ur child,” Spikes wrote. “Someone should choke him out. See how he likes it.”

Spikes also tweeted a picture of himself with his mother and wrote, “I was raised by this beautiful woman. She would roll over and die if i put my hands on a woman.”

The Ravens’ only statement since Rice’s indictment was supportive, saying there’s more to Rice than this allegation. That may be true, but if this allegation is proven, then Spikes is right: It’s hard to see how anyone could respect Ray Rice.

Permalink 111 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Baltimore Ravens, Buffalo Bills, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
111 Responses to “Brandon Spikes: I don’t see how anyone can respect Ray Rice”
  1. bballhistorian says: Mar 29, 2014 3:55 PM

Or the woman that hit him first. (Oh…that never gets mentioned)

2. kuhawks2010 says: Mar 29, 2014 3:56 PM

Agree 100%…

3. etyaps says: Mar 29, 2014 3:56 PM

Good for him, not sure how anyone can disagree n support that COWARD ray rice

4. gtorlone says: Mar 29, 2014 3:57 PM

Washaun Ealey wonders how anyone can respect you, sir.

YouTube it.

5. z06vision says: Mar 29, 2014 3:57 PM

How can anyone respect Raven’s fans or the organization for supporting a grown man who knocked the daylights out of his fiance on camera?

6. 69finfan says: Mar 29, 2014 3:58 PM

I would have to concur with Mr. Spikes.

7. robbieboston says: Mar 29, 2014 3:58 PM

Well said. I’m sure Spikes could do some damage if left alone in a room with that loser.

8. nj22 says: Mar 29, 2014 3:59 PM

Tired of hearing the same old crap. Nice to hear another player call him out. Good job.

9. brownstown6586 says: Mar 29, 2014 3:59 PM

Amen.

10. billsfanaddict says: Mar 29, 2014 4:00 PM

if i joined twitter, BKO and mettaworldpeace and kim jong un would be the first 3 comedians i followed

11. thegoods24 says: Mar 29, 2014 4:01 PM

Preach brother!

12. blakeinfla says: Mar 29, 2014 4:03 PM

Heck yea Spikes

13. patriotslove12 says: Mar 29, 2014 4:03 PM

I miss this guy in the patriots locker room. On point, just like his play against the run.

14. Pittsburgh Steelers says: Mar 29, 2014 4:03 PM

The Steelers publicly denounce Ray Rice and the Ravens organization. We represent class, strength of character, and respect pervasively within our organization. Looking around at the other 31 teams, unfortunately, it seems we are alone in our approach.

15. qdog112 says: Mar 29, 2014 4:04 PM

Everybody wants it summed up in black or white terms. Never put your hands on a woman, when facing a bully, fight back because that’s what a bully understands.

Well, what if the bully is a woman? What if a woman attacks a man? Then what?(not saying it happened here) We have women in combat, so what do you do? Treat them as equals or pretend they can’t hurt you because they’re women?

It’s not always as clear as we would like. Ever wonder why we have women prisons? Shouldn’t we just let the all go because they are women, after all? What about those on death row? Can we just let’em out?

To me there is no universal truth on the matter. I say handle it on its merits. Case by case.

16. thevikesarebest says: Mar 29, 2014 4:05 PM

The same thing we all say about shehawks and packer fans.SKOL

17. captainwisdom8888 says: Mar 29, 2014 4:06 PM

How can he hold that woman in such little regard as to ball up his fist and smash her in the face with it? Better question: Aside from the millions of dollars sitting in his bank account, why on earth would this girl decide that Ray Rice is the one she wants to spend the rest of her life with?

Girls will seemingly put up with a lot of mistreatment so long as you have a fat wallet. This girl must be thinking: “I may never sink my hooks into an NFL player again, so I’ll just have to endure getting abused and beaten unconscious.” Totally worth it…

18. jerrytown says: Mar 29, 2014 4:08 PM

Really? The face of the steelers franchise raped a chick in a bathroom. Class all the way.

19. thelegendofkikoalonso says: Mar 29, 2014 4:08 PM

He deserves a contract extension just for that! Welcome to buffalo Mr. Spikes…

20. rg3enoughsaid says: Mar 29, 2014 4:09 PM

I don’t understand how anyone can respect the Buffalo Bills

21. melikefootball says: Mar 29, 2014 4:09 PM

Disappointed in how Hairball has stood beside this type action from his player as well as God-del who has said nothing .

22. dbfan4ever says: Mar 29, 2014 4:13 PM

Goodell needs to bring down the hammer on this clown

23. tindeaux says: Mar 29, 2014 4:15 PM

Ray rice was just doing self-defense hahaha

24. partmachine says: Mar 29, 2014 4:17 PM

If my biggest mistake in life was caught on camera I’d expect similar judgements.

Doesn’t mean they’re accurate however.

25. tvjules says: Mar 29, 2014 4:18 PM

Brandon Spikes is saying what John Harbaugh should have said as soon as the video came out.

26. lnfinite says: Mar 29, 2014 4:19 PM

Innocent before proven guilty there folks. That being said, lock him up and throw away the key like yesterday.

27. blake5611 says: Mar 29, 2014 4:21 PM

More players should speak against Ray Rice. As a giants fan Eagles and Cowboys have always been the teams I hate most. Congratulations Baltimore you are now number 1 for not cutting Rice.

28. ravensfreak says: Mar 29, 2014 4:22 PM

Never heard Spikes speak out against his murderer ex- teammate. Yes what Rice did was wrong and I’m in no way condoning it but I believe Spikes is simply looking for some attention. We all make mistakes, we live, and we learn.

29. theworkhorsebackdotcom says: Mar 29, 2014 4:23 PM

What Spikes said has some merit… but coming from a guy that has had his own share of incidences in his career, seems like a boulder being thrown from a nice shiny glass house

30. chiadam says: Mar 29, 2014 4:26 PM

Another day in the NFL.

31. ianwetpantscom says: Mar 29, 2014 4:30 PM

next stop, The Pittsburgh Steelers.

#justsay’n

32. deltaoracle says: Mar 29, 2014 4:34 PM

Well if she’s a martial arts champion of some sort and is wiping the floor with you then yeah you have a right to self defense. I think that would’ve come out by now if it was the case here.
    Otherwise you grab their wrists and shield your crotch with a thigh and wait until they calm down. Maybe you get a parting kick to the shin but I’ll take that over knowing that I slugged a woman.
    Spikes is right; respect him for saying it.

33. jtbsteeler says: Mar 29, 2014 4:35 PM

Rice is going to get destroyed on the field this year.

34. johnodocks says: Mar 29, 2014 4:35 PM

Sure Brandon, next time you play Rice you should try choking him out or gouging his eyes out. That’s what your ma taught you to do, right? Gouge out opponent’s eyes while he’s lying helpless on the ground.

35. titansbro says: Mar 29, 2014 4:37 PM

Just started liking Brandon Spikes

36. bigdaddy44 says: Mar 29, 2014 4:37 PM

It’s what is called the Raven way.

37. eoneil32 says: Mar 29, 2014 4:37 PM

Agree with Spikes 100%

38. Shinnbone says: Mar 29, 2014 4:41 PM

Spikes is right even his buddy AAron Hernandez said the same thing.

39. maninbrown says: Mar 29, 2014 4:41 PM

As long as he’s more productive this year than last, I’ll encourage him to smack her around each and every off season

40. rodge1 says: Mar 29, 2014 4:44 PM

Didn’t Spikes try to poke someone’s eye out in a game in college?

41. 12brichandfamous says: Mar 29, 2014 4:45 PM

I don’t care if the woman started it, he used way too much force in response. Hell, she’s probably going to get CTE after a blow like that.

In any event, there’s way too much violence against women in the NFL and it needs to stop.

42. smartstickhotness says: Mar 29, 2014 4:45 PM

Now she can’t testify against him

43. grimreaper12 says: Mar 29, 2014 4:48 PM

Bravo Spikes!
    Hopefully, Rice is thrown in prison. See how he likes it.

44. stonedolphin89 says: Mar 29, 2014 4:50 PM

As a Dolphins fan I faced a similar situation when Phillip Merling (although he’s hardly Ray Rice) was arrested on aggrivated battery and assault charges against his then girlfriend, and then intimidated her into moving out of state and refusing to testify.

I suffered for the next 2-3 years he was on the team, because he was disgusting to me from that point onward. I imagine any Ravens fans with dignity must feel the same about Rice.

45. pastorkh5055 says: Mar 29, 2014 4:50 PM

If that was my daughter (I have 3 daughters)..Ray Rice’s family would be picking out flowers and getting there black suits cleaned because there’s would be a FUNERAL to go to #realtalk #coward

46. redbearwoodall says: Mar 29, 2014 4:57 PM

I’m a Ravens fan, I’ve been a Rice supporter, but if it turns out these accusations are true, I don’t want him on my team. There’s no excuse for this type of behavior, and even if we have go with all rookies and unprovens in our backfield, I’d prefer that to someone who acts like this. Hopefully it doesn’t come to that though.

47. russellwilsonismymvp says: Mar 29, 2014 4:58 PM

The Harbaugh brothers really know how to bring in character guys.

48. honalulublue says: Mar 29, 2014 4:58 PM

FYI for you woman was the aggressor types. She wasn’t charged, and she was in front of the same cameras.

49. coachbeck says: Mar 29, 2014 4:58 PM

For those saying it’s ok of the woman bullies or hits first.

Sorry but this is false. Woman may be equals in most things but this isn’t one of them. Fact is that the man who beats on a woman is a coward. If a woman hits you…. Walk away. I think ray rice is faster than this woman. Or he could just keep her a distance. It’s also not hard to restrain a woman especially when your a professional athlete. It’s not like he is a lab rat working on equations all day.

Anyone defending this guys beat down of a woman needs to have a word with themselves.

And idc what liberals say. Woman aren’t equal in the part where you get into a fist fight.

50. Eutaw's Finest says: Mar 29, 2014 5:00 PM

Congrats to Spikes and all of the other morons on here who feel brave enough to attack a professional athlete (behind a computer and a fake username nonetheless) with the following evidence:
    -an indictment based on testimonies of drunken casino folk at 2am
    -a partial video showing a drunk/half-unconscious lady stumbling around and Rice trying to carry her.
    -an increase in charge to aggravated assault by a power hungry attorney for the state looking to make a name for himself.

PLEASE I’m begging you if you do have this supposed second video and you’ve seen it, which you MUST have if you know exactly what happened, I ask you to share so we all can be as informed as you are.

51. bullethead527 says: Mar 29, 2014 5:00 PM

I’ll stand my ground against anyone!

52. fubarry says: Mar 29, 2014 5:05 PM

The video doesn’t lie. Ray Rice deserves to go to prison. I’ve lost all respect for the Ravens front office.

53. beasleyreece says: Mar 29, 2014 5:14 PM

I have a new favorite player. Nicely said Mr. Spikes. All woman beaters deserve no forgiveness.

54. marima07 says: Mar 29, 2014 5:15 PM

For all of you pointing out the eye-gouge incident, here is a reminder that Washaun Ealey is NOT a woman.

55. scmems07 says: Mar 29, 2014 5:20 PM

it’s a good thing he was not dating ronda rousey or he would start the season on the IR with a broken arm.

56. nflyoda says: Mar 29, 2014 5:20 PM

Even if he did hit her in self defense it doesn’t explain the rediculous way he tried to remove her from the closing elevator doors. He could have picked her up but he acted like it was too much of a burden. That is what really stood out to me as classless.

57. ibleedpurpleandgoldsince2000 says: Mar 29, 2014 5:21 PM

That’s why you need to bite the bullet and put your hands in your pockets when women test your patience. Whether they hit you first or not you’ll always be the bad guy if you do something. Spikes is right men don’t hit women.

58. burndownhottopic says: Mar 29, 2014 5:28 PM

I dont care the sex of a person. 99.9% of the time there is no reason to strike another human. If my life or the life of my wife/family is threatened, then yes I’ll have to defend myself. I’ll let the facts come out but I probably have worn my number 27 for the last time.

59. jerryjonessaidwhat says: Mar 29, 2014 5:29 PM

A man that hits a woman is not a man in my book

60. Patskrieg dot com says: Mar 29, 2014 5:30 PM

For one moment I’m glad he doesn’t play on the Patriots anymore, just so people will actually listen to what he has to say.

Get em’ Brando.

61. 12thmanseattle says: Mar 29, 2014 5:33 PM

I wish that as fans we had a bigger impact on the decisions teams make. It would be nice if everybody could band together to send a message to their respective teams that they don’t want guys like this on their team(regardless of how good they are). Celebrities in general can basically do whatever they want without much reprocussion. I mean look at Chris Brown for christs sake. that guy kicked the crap out of his girlfreind and hes got a top ten song again. I think if we were able to accomplish that and guys that did stuff like this were blackballed from the league we would see a whole lot less of this happening

62. scw1993 says: Mar 29, 2014 5:44 PM

I’m laughing at all these ravens fans…they are the first ones on this site to absolutely hammer fans of other teams when something happens regarding one of their players, but now that, once again, a raven’s player is involved in something as serious as beating the crap out of a female,we should all wait for more of the story, the prosecutor is power-hungry, no evidence, etc., etc. Hypocrisy at it’s very best, the raven way.

63. mrneto72 says: Mar 29, 2014 5:49 PM

I strongly agree!!!

64. pigskin28 says: Mar 29, 2014 5:49 PM

I don’t agree with violence towards women either. But Spikes needs to mind his own business. .. The woman can make her own decision and she chose to marry. Who can accurately predict motive? Leave the people be. What they do with their lives is their business.

65. pastabelly says: Mar 29, 2014 5:49 PM

Spikes is a very good run stuffing linebacker in a pass happy league. He’s also right in calling out a woman beater.

66. lenbias34pt says: Mar 29, 2014 5:52 PM

Life long Raven fan and I too am disappointed.

It would be such a nice change for an organization to do the right thing.

Instead it’s same ole Same ole even from supposedly 3 of the most respected men in Football (Oz, Harbs, and Steve B.)

Fact is Ray WOULD sting the Ravens Salary cap, so it would be foolish to cut Ray. It would be the RIGHT THING TO DO, but football wise foolish.

Steve? Ozzie? Harbaugh? Any chance you guys, but a rest to the rationalizations and do the right thing?

67. thraiderskin says: Mar 29, 2014 6:00 PM

Whoa! Shots fired!

68. ibreathefootball says: Mar 29, 2014 6:08 PM

Brandon Spikes brother is in jail for murder. It’s horrible to hit a woman, but not nearly as bad as killing someone.

69. nflwatcher says: Mar 29, 2014 6:14 PM

If his new wife is smart, the price of favorably testifying against her husband is no pre-nup and a 20 carat diamond ring,

70. nickfolesisthetruth says: Mar 29, 2014 6:21 PM

he only rushed the marriage to make sure she can’t testify against him…. (wives can’t be made to testify against their husbands), lawyer prob told him to rush the marriage to avoid jail time or prosecution.

71. madmustang27 says: Mar 29, 2014 6:23 PM

Last time i checked, people are innocent until proven guilty

72. agc99 says: Mar 29, 2014 6:23 PM

Brandon Spikes is my new favorite player. Wonder if Ray’s new wife will visit him in jail.

73. nickfolesisthetruth says: Mar 29, 2014 6:23 PM

how does the ravens organization a stand up org. they kept ray lewis after he killed someone, so yeah I didn’t see this one comin (sarcasm)

74. pattunya says: Mar 29, 2014 6:26 PM

Spikes. You are a garbage LB, only just decent against the run. Plus, your character when it comes to how to treat women is suspect. Focus on football.

75. noladat says: Mar 29, 2014 6:28 PM

Or the woman that hit him first. (Oh…that never gets mentioned)

So that matters!!!!!!!

No excuse ever

76. jcampol says: Mar 29, 2014 6:35 PM

Isn’t it sad that a man picking on another man brought the entire nfl and its fan base to a near violent uproar but a man choking a women and knocking her out gets one little mention every other week. Nice

77. troy43mvp says: Mar 29, 2014 6:39 PM

She married him after that, she gets zero sympathy from me. I’m glad they have video evidence. Too many guys get off because of the victim not testifying. I hope he gets whats coming to him. As for his “wife” she is what makes investigators not pursue domestics as far as they need to be.

78. knew8411 says: Mar 29, 2014 6:43 PM

I see where some commenters on here would justify hitting a woman if they were struck first….to that I say…
    YOU’VE GOT TO BE KIDDING!
    I dont care what the circumstances. Men are not supposed to hit women. Peroid end of discussion!

79. khmer379 says: Mar 29, 2014 6:47 PM

Ray rice will turn into Fried Rice after he gets laid out on the field lol

80. jigwig13 says: Mar 29, 2014 7:00 PM

I think there is a lot of liars on this site…I don’t think just punching a woman for no reason is right..there’s other ways to handle it…but I can think of a million reasons why a man would over power a woman…

81. blackngold4life says: Mar 29, 2014 7:02 PM

Steelers cut Chris Rainy over a PUSH..This dudes on video dragging his unconscious girl friend like a cave man..when he could have easily picked her up and carried her..that alone would have gotten any STEELER player their walking papers regardless if he actually put hands on her or not..but there’s the difference. Guess the Ratbirds really need him..but they didn’t even suspend Ray Lewis for being involved in what happened at the club so what do ppl expect? And im a Ray Lewis..Hell the NFL suspended Burris for shooting HIS SELF ON ACCIDENT! Harbaugh and the Ratbirds will take some kinda action just because the pressure and negativity this brings not because its the right thing to do

82. flipola says: Mar 29, 2014 7:09 PM

Good guy. Former Gator, too. Who’da thunk it?

83. nicofthenorthstar says: Mar 29, 2014 7:11 PM

Wish pro athletes would speak out in this fashion more often.
    Spikes may have just become my favorite NFL athlete. Props. Big time.

84. mortwannabe says: Mar 29, 2014 7:15 PM

Well said Mr. Spikes. Your mother raised you right. Is it me or are Steeler fans bitter and need to feel noticed. Obvious sign of low self esteem.

85. joerevs300 says: Mar 29, 2014 7:18 PM

Can Ray Rice help the Ravens win football games? Yes.

That’s why, despite all of the video evidence and the charges, they have not cut him.

If Peyton Manning did this, it would be the same thing.

If you’re 54th on the 54 man roster, you’re getting cut if you smash your wife’s face.

If you’re one of the top 5-10 players on the roster, short of you being charged with murder (ala Aaron Hernandez), you can get away with anything BUT murder.

86. bdry123 says: Mar 29, 2014 7:31 PM

This thread is hillarious, my favorite is the Pitts Steelers say how they stand for class and ya da ya da ya da…. Did you forget how just 4 yes ago your hero, your franchise Qb. paid off not 1 but two women who accused him of Rape, hence the nickname Rapesberger, and let us also remember that none of the teams in this league employ 52 boyscouts, they employ former drug dealers, gang members , rapists ala Darren Sharper, and yes even women beaters. The only difference is Ray picked the worst possible place for it to happen at, and did anyone actually see the video were he struck her…I was under the impression it wasn’t released to the public. In no way do I condone what he is accused of but for all we know she passed out drunk, although not likely but it’s possible.If u r gonna bash a guy because he is in the spotlight and his team, be sure to bash the practice squad guys and they’re teams too.

87. bdry123 says: Mar 29, 2014 7:44 PM

It’s also funny how you people r ignorant enough to bring up Ray Lewis murdering people, the charges were filed by an overzealous prosecutor, who wanted to make a name for himself and the murder chargers were dropped 3 weeks later. Let it go

88. stupidusername says: Mar 29, 2014 8:00 PM

“but for all we know she passed out drunk”
    Of all the posts above this might be the dumbest. The video shows she went from being completely motionless to gaining consciousness. You either didn’t see the video or have no idea what “passed out drunk” is.

89. scmems07 says: Mar 29, 2014 8:28 PM

“The Harbaugh brothers really know how to bring in character guys”

This comment is coming from a Seattle Seahawks fan, just stop and think about that.

90. holeinone09 says: Mar 29, 2014 8:34 PM

Someone mentioned the “face” of the Steelers and his prior alleged issue with women. I assume they meant Big Ben. First off, he was not charged, and after a lengthy invesrigation. Rice has already been charged, regardless of what the ultimate outcome of the case may be. That is a huge difference.

Second, the Ravens org have immediately come out with a fairly supportive statement. Correct me if I am wrong, but I recall the Steelers taking a somewhat distant wait and see approach, and Rooney was publicly not happy. There was even talk about the possibility of a trade. I believe the Ravens have given the absolute wrong message to NFL fans here. The completely wimped out and in fact slapped women in the face themselves. Shameful.

91. orivar says: Mar 29, 2014 8:58 PM

It’s called minding your own business.

92. ravens533 says: Mar 29, 2014 9:00 PM

I have been trying to follow this story. When was the tape about what went on in that elevator made public? Until it is, we need to let the court system play out. After that then the NFL can do what they want to. Also , if he is found guilty, I am fairly certain that the Ravens will punish Ray Rice. Not sure they would cut him. But if he is found guilty then I would be disappointed if they did not cut him.

93. pastabelly101 says: Mar 29, 2014 9:02 PM

no one from the Steelers has a right to talk about the treatment of woman.(Ben) and the ravens have no right to be self righteous about anything.

94. ravens533 says: Mar 29, 2014 9:18 PM

I do not believe that any fan has a right to talk about another team. I know that as far as the court of public opinion goes Ray is already guilty. I will withhold my personal judgment until after the court process is finished and all the facts come out. Maybe some of you should do the same. Things are not always what they appear to be.

95. thadamntruth says: Mar 29, 2014 9:29 PM

I remember Ray Rice said Hines Ward was “Trash” because he got a DUI. Well Ray Rice…the glass house you were in just shattered.

96. favrewillplay4ever says: Mar 29, 2014 9:32 PM

I stand with spikes 1000000 percent. Rice may be a professional athlete and in prime physical shape but if he or anyone else did something like that to my sister, mother or daughter they’d be in the morgue.

97. polo550 says: Mar 29, 2014 9:45 PM

Who cares. As long as he’s productive on the field I could care less. I watch these guys for entertainment. They come and go and my life goes on. My Mom always told me not to put my hands on a woman. With that being said if someone spits in my face and hits me… Man or woman its goodnight. They’re going to sleep. Natural reaction. Call me what you want.

98. tomtravis76 says: Mar 29, 2014 9:57 PM

Hope all of your skeletons are in order and accounted for in your closet,Mr.Spikes. You have opened yourself up to be judged by entering in another man’s business. The Ravens fan base has some real nutjobs,as do most who can’t separate the entertainment and real life.

99. listenup823 says: Mar 29, 2014 10:04 PM

Hey diddle, diddle… Ray Rice us going to prison.. Doesn’t rhyme but true nonetheless…

100. eojtrid says: Mar 29, 2014 10:05 PM

Pittsburgh Steelers says:
    Mar 29, 2014 4:03 PM

It’s too bad that Humility isn’t one of the qualities that you list or your team represents

101. gambeast5533 says: Mar 29, 2014 10:20 PM

Someone said that you can be the top 5-10 in an organization and get away with anything except for murder. That is true, except for when it comes to the Ravens, right Ray Lewis? I guess you can have the charges dropped if you drop enough cash.

Also, people blasting Brandon Spikes for poking at an eye in a dog pile? It’s football. That stuff happens ALL the time in the pile, and… it was against another MAN, not a woman.

Then people blast the Pats for employing Aaron Hernandez. If I recall correctly, they CUT him as soon as they had word that he was arrested. I believe he was a top ten guy in the Pats organization, but they still cut him.

Ray Rice is a disgusting human being to put his hands on a woman like that. Of course, he has a side in the story, but the bottom line is, he still hit a WOMAN hard enough to knock her out. His life wasn’t in danger, so where is the cause?

102. theycallmeyango says: Mar 29, 2014 10:25 PM

I don’t see how anyone can respect Brandon Spikes for what he pulled when leaving town. just shut your mouth

103. linemanguy74 says: Mar 29, 2014 10:33 PM

100% CORRECT

104. primantibrothersgavemefoodpoisoning says: Mar 29, 2014 10:39 PM

Why would anyone respect any of these losers at the end of the day? We respect ballers. Ray Rice can ball, Brandon Spikes can not. Amen.

105. clelek05 says: Mar 29, 2014 10:45 PM

Leave the patriots then start talking? Chump. Should have talked under belichick’s watch. Oh wait you did and now you’re in buffalo. 7-9 here we come

106. kyblue33 says: Mar 29, 2014 10:52 PM

Trash

107. bruceroy1 says: Mar 30, 2014 11:57 PM

Spikes needs the publicity, he could care less about Rice or his wife, Spikes knows that this is all the publicity he will get now that’s he’s in that abyss (Buffalo). I’m also looking for that video of Ray actually knocking out his wife. keep hearing about it haven’t seen it yet.

108. patbetw says: Mar 31, 2014 6:08 AM

Ray Rice was my favorite player and I have to agree with Mr. spikes. Need a new jersey now.

109. steelcurtainn says: Mar 31, 2014 9:03 PM

Nobody respects Ray Rice. His best days are behind him. The guys damaged goods.

110. mgfred says: Apr 1, 2014 10:05 AM

I agree with Mr Spikes 100%!
    I only know what I saw on the TMZ video, it’s pretty powerful evidence……

111. alotofwhinersandlosers19 says: Apr 1, 2014 11:03 AM

The point here is Mr. Spikes opinion, He don’t see how can anyone respect Rice for what he did, and I have to agree with him, some people had been posting comments on “what if we reverse the situation” or comparing this to females that are on jail, criminals, in order to support the argument that she could have “provoked” him verbally or even physically, maybe he was not provoked but he felt provoked, you can go on and on, but the point still the same, it was a coward act and to make it worst he married her at the wrong time, because looks like he is been selfish, saving his own skin, showing is all cool now, besides that I give credit to spikes for commenting on this.