Jared Allen expects to be booed in Minnesota

Jared AP

New Bears defensive end Jared Allen joined PFT Live on Wednesday to talk about his decision to choose Chicago over Seattle, among other things.

Those other things include the reception Allen anticipates when he returns to Minnesota this year as a member of another team in the NFC North.

“Minnesota has great fans so they’re going to boo me,” Allen said.  “Absolutely.  I’m sure I’ll get some cheers later but absolutely they’re going to boo and why shouldn’t they?  I now play for a division rival but I love the fans in Minnesota, I had six phenomenal years there. That organization, that state will always be a part of my life and again there is nothing but respect and joy and everything so it’ll be a fun time to play back against them but yeah I expect some boos.”

He’ll get no boos — ever — from members of the military.  Allen has devoted plenty of time in recent years to his Homes for Wounded Warriors Foundation.  The annual Night Ops golf tournament happens May 16 and 17 in Arizona, and you can generally support the cause by making a donation here.

And you can catch the full Jared Allen interview by clicking the triangle in the square in the box below.

Permalink 32 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Chicago Bears, Home, Minnesota Vikings, Rumor Mill, Seattle Seahawks
32 Responses to “Jared Allen expects to be booed in Minnesota”
  1. curr5548 says: Apr 3, 2014 8:56 AM

Only gonna boo him twice a year. The guy is a class act and I wish him well

2. conormacleod says: Apr 3, 2014 9:14 AM

No boos from Vikings fans for JA. It was a mutual split. It’s a business.

3. jazz11001 says: Apr 3, 2014 9:22 AM

Nothing but love brother. Minnesota wont boo unless you miss a sack on Ponder. We cheer for all of the athletes that leave and come back aka Jacques Jones etc…

4. rbirving says: Apr 3, 2014 9:30 AM

I wouldn’t boo a class act.

5. 84smooninlambeaunevergetsold says: Apr 3, 2014 9:35 AM

No way, we won’t boo you Jared. Remember, we’re Vikings fans, not Packer fans.

6. purplemenace says: Apr 3, 2014 9:35 AM

As a charter Vikings fan, I could never boo JA, he’s way too classy.

7. expodis says: Apr 3, 2014 9:56 AM

That Jacque Jones moment was pretty damn cool….

8. ejmat2 says: Apr 3, 2014 10:31 AM

Won’t be hearing boos from me either. Nothing but respect for Jared.

9. kbdl31 says: Apr 3, 2014 11:15 AM

Should be fun watching him match up with Kalil next year

10. danoj14 says: Apr 3, 2014 12:32 PM

No boos from this Viking fan

11. purplehaze28 says: Apr 3, 2014 12:35 PM

No boos from me!
    –if Adrian runs him over, though, big cheer!!!

12. drude64 says: Apr 3, 2014 1:36 PM

Jared will still get cheers in Minny. if the Vikes EVER play Ponder and JA sacks him, now that would rumble the place wild!!! just wish Seahawks went to Jareds for their next ring.

13. dragonfly99 says: Apr 3, 2014 1:40 PM

You’re right Jared, they will be boo, but you’ll have the last laugh when you kick their a$$.

14. joeyashwi says: Apr 3, 2014 1:44 PM

They won’t boo. There can’t be a single fan who blames him for leaving a Ponder led team.

15. filthymcnasty1 says: Apr 3, 2014 1:46 PM

MN fans will never forget the way he taught them to embrace the suck.

16. rho1953 says: Apr 3, 2014 1:54 PM

They will be cheering when AP runs over him and steps on his chest on the way to the endzone.

17. whatjusthapped says: Apr 3, 2014 2:02 PM

Just wait till he dives at a Viking QB’s knees, an Allen patented move, and then you will hear the boos.

Unless of course, he removes Ponder from the game and then he will get a standing ovation.

18. stevent92 says: Apr 3, 2014 3:15 PM

No boos here. Mutual decision, I wish Jared all the best.

The Bears? Heck no. Jared, oh yeah.

19. darkneptune73 says: Apr 3, 2014 3:32 PM

Minnesota won’t boo Allen because he left without making any drama. He didn’t join the Packers, which is another plus.

20. deltaoracle says: Apr 3, 2014 3:50 PM

There’ll only be about 200 Mini fans rattling around in that little college stadium if the weather isn’t perfect, so he probably won’t hear anything.

21. rickytheviking says: Apr 3, 2014 4:15 PM

Anyone wanna buy my Vikings Allen jersey?

Cheap

22. jermainewiggins says: Apr 3, 2014 9:01 PM

When has JA ever dove at an opposing players knees? Other than the lance louis hit, which he launched himself into the upper body not his knees, althought still cheap/Illegal, I cant remember a cheap play by jared. A class act and one hell of a guy and a football player.

23. bgrayber says: Apr 4, 2014 1:25 AM

As much as I dislike the fact he left (one of the few players my non football wife loved) the Vikes, and for a team in the division (hey we have got Favre, Longwell, and Even Sharper from just GB) I for one will stand for an ovation for him. Kinda like when Favre Broke the TD record at the Dome. I hated it, but in the end how can you not appreciate greatness? JA has been nothing but a class act SINCE he got to MN. Before that, he was was on the Ozzy Crazy Train to hell. I do hope no matter what happens JA retires as a Viking, he has earned it. Nuff said. He has always been a class act since he has been here and I do not see that ever changing now.

24. summitmech says: Apr 4, 2014 9:57 AM

If I’m at that game and any Vikings fans around me boo our Jared, I’ll slap em in the back of the head. No hate Jared. We’ll always love you as one of our greatest!

25. brandonmarshall15 says: Apr 4, 2014 11:55 AM

Go jared allen and the bears this is our year

26. Frazier28/7 says: Apr 4, 2014 1:18 PM

you packer fans should know Ponder will probably be cut after the draft and that Cassell is starting until whatever rookie is ready

27. luvmnsports2012 says: Apr 4, 2014 1:28 PM

Slap, or get slapped!!

28. guitarfreak21 says: Apr 4, 2014 3:25 PM

I would never boo Jared, he did well for us, and he deserves to do well. I will however boo his team if they give me reason to.

29. valhalla13 says: Apr 4, 2014 11:09 PM

Love the classy responses from all of my fellow Vikings fans. I remember watching football and going to games with my dad R.I.P. as a kid and he always taught me to be classy and respectful. And he even though it was tough to watch sometimes, He rooted for good guys like Reggie White R.I.P. and Barry Sanders because of there greatness on and off the field. And so I will not ever boo jared Allen, although I hope Matt Kalil can step up his game from last year and so we wont have to worry about Jared. Also, I will be enjoying bears packers games much more now…

30. johnsticle says: Apr 5, 2014 6:00 PM

I’d never boo you Jared. As much as I love my Vikes and dislike the Bears (I really only HATE the Packer). You had some amazing seasons with us in Minnesota and you remain one of my all time favorite players. Whether you’re in purple or blue, you won’t hear me boo.

31. packersgreenbay says: Apr 5, 2014 8:23 PM

Awww that’s nice. Bears and Vikings holding ands singing love songs. Both(vikes)teams(bears)share the same fate. I’d get mad too if I had to watch your teams in the post season year-in-year-out while my team was cleaning out there lockers, thinking about what went wrong?

32. vikingcheesegrater says: Apr 10, 2014 10:10 PM

I think Jared will be surprised by the reception he gets. The fans in Minnesota love him, and wish him well.