Rafael Bush gets another bonus, as Harvin fine overturned

Divisional Playoffs - New Orleans Saints v Seattle Seahawks Getty Images

Not only does Saints safety Rafael Bush have a new contract, he has a little extra change in his pocket.

Bush just tweeted out word that he won an appeal of a $21,000 fine from the league.

I just realized it took me 3 months to appeal my last fine yep can I have my 21 back now thank you,” he wrote.

Bush was initially fined for a shot on Seahawks wide receiver Percy Harvin, which knocked Harvin out of their playoff game (though Harvin later returned). He was flagged on the play for hitting a defenseless receiver.

The wheels of NFL justice may move slowly, but that’s a nice bonus, even for a guy who just signed a two-year, $4.5 million deal to be a backup.

The Saints matched the offer sheet the Falcons submitted for restricted free agent, allowing them to keep the bit player behind Kenny Vaccaro and newcomer Jairus Byrd.

Permalink 16 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, New Orleans Saints, Rumor Mill
16 Responses to “Rafael Bush gets another bonus, as Harvin fine overturned”
  1. skippynj says: Apr 10, 2014 10:35 AM

Clean hit put lil’ Percy out of the game. Thank you nfl for doing the right thing for once. Gonna be the baddest secondary in the game, baby! Move over, lesion of womb.

2. eyeamlothar says: Apr 10, 2014 10:36 AM

That was complete head hunting. How did he win this appeal?

3. boobsmcgoo says: Apr 10, 2014 10:57 AM

Nice hit. It helped keep the Saints in the game, barely. I guess the Legion does not like getting boomed.

4. supesfan34 says: Apr 10, 2014 11:08 AM

Helmet to helmet hit all of the way. How did this get overturned?

5. princeopus says: Apr 10, 2014 11:32 AM

just watched it from every angle,,it was all shoulder

6. thestrategyexpert says: Apr 10, 2014 11:41 AM

How much interest did they earn for him while holding onto his money? They should just toss him like $500 for the inconvenience.

7. cursedvikings1998 says: Apr 10, 2014 12:53 PM

I’m a Saints fan but if that hit wasn’t illegal, I honestly don’t know what hit would be.

8. mdd913 says: Apr 10, 2014 12:53 PM

What about the 3 points the Seahawks got as a direct result of that incorrect 15-yard-penalty? Do the Saints get that rescinded, as well?

9. saints12013 says: Apr 10, 2014 1:08 PM

Saints are a better team than Seattle anyway. I think the 49ers are more impressive than the Seahawks. Bring the She-hawks and their so called “Dynasty” to the SuperDome and watch them get run right out of the building from a scorching passing game. Oh ya Robinson will run all over y’all too. They need their manufactured crowd noise to help them win games.

10. cnola23 says: Apr 10, 2014 1:56 PM

Saints were better than the sea hawks last year. The Saints shut them out in the second half in the playoffs. The Saints would have beat them by 30 points in the dome. Justice will prevail this year.

11. hawksfan99 says: Apr 10, 2014 2:13 PM

Yeah tell me about it saints had two chances to beat us but
    They didn’t…yet you say they’re much better. Lol

12. ghlatty says: Apr 10, 2014 2:42 PM

Saints fan here. I understood the penalty call. Game moves fast and Harvin took a monster shot. Didn’t make it right but I could understand it. However, I was shocked when the league fined Bush. This was the right decision. Honestly, very confused about the competence of the person(s) deciding on the fine. Also, glad to have him back in black and gold and not a dirty bird!!

13. cyborgdeathcommand says: Apr 10, 2014 2:44 PM

These butthurt saints fans are hilarious. You lost to a better team, get over it kids. You know it’s true.

14. beastnola says: Apr 10, 2014 4:01 PM

Yea…we’d woop them in the dome….maybe this year…

15. mattryansnoodlearm says: Apr 10, 2014 5:09 PM

Clean hit. Not Bush’s fault that Percy Harvin is made of glass. Just too bad we cant get the 15 yard penalty back and automatic 1st down, which lead to points.

16. saintsly says: Apr 11, 2014 9:15 AM

Seattle will have to come to the dome sooner or later and if they win there (I doubt), then I will be impressed. Winning in Seattle would be like me trying to out-eat hog at the trough. It’s been a long time since Seattle came to Louisiana and the times we’ve played a game has always been there. Time to change it around with a number one seed in New Orleans this year.