Rams to award $100,000 if someone foretells their schedule

Edward Jones Dome Getty Images

For those who want to play schedule-maker, the Rams have quite the contest for you.

The club said Monday it would award $100,000 if someone correctly forecasts their 2014 regular season schedule ahead of its release. The contest, held on the Rams’ website, requires fans to pick all 16 games and the bye week in order. The contest also requires entrants to correctly pick the day on which all games will be played.

The Rams’ 2014 opponents are already known, and it is customary for all Week 17 games to be divisional matchups, which narrows the Rams’ final-game options to six: home or away meetings with Arizona, San Francisco or Seattle. Also, Rams executive vice president of football operations / chief operating officer Kevin Demoff has tweeted some general scheduling guidelines, noting that byes don’t start until Week Four and end in Week 12. Finally, the bulk of the Rams’ games would seem likely to be played on Sundays.

Nevertheless, a little scratch-paper math suggests the $100,000 pot will be tough to take down, given all of the variables, including having to match the games to the proper days.

The contest will end will the schedule is released — and no later than one second short of 6 p.m. Eastern on Monday, April 21, according to the contest rules. If no one correctly places all 16 games and the bye on the schedule, there will be no prize given out, per the regulations. The rules also state that the “(potential) winner will be determined on or about 5/1/14.” As you would expect, Rams and NFL employees are prohibited from winning.

The rules also state that any tie will be decided by a 10-question trivia contest. The grand prize will be paid via check, but let us be the first to suggest that any trivia challenge should be conducted with the winner’s share on the table, World Series of Poker style.

Now that’s a trivia contest we would watch.

Permalink 32 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Rumor Mill, St. Louis Rams
32 Responses to “Rams to award $100,000 if someone foretells their schedule”
  1. andrewluck12 says: Apr 14, 2014 8:46 PM

That’s a pretty cool contest.

2. blackngold4life says: Apr 14, 2014 8:48 PM

Noway. . All sixteen plus the bye week?

3. trbowman says: Apr 14, 2014 8:48 PM

No chance. No chance. NO CHANCE.

Whatever, still gonna try. I want that money.

4. trbowman says: Apr 14, 2014 8:49 PM

Nevermind – forgot the opponents were already known. Chances just went from 0% to 0.1%

Good luck fellow money seekers

5. ar1888 says: Apr 14, 2014 8:50 PM

Might as well be a billion dollars. Its impossible to do.

6. 49erfan44 says: Apr 14, 2014 8:50 PM

That’s pretty sweet. Good deal Rams.

7. thegreatgabbert says: Apr 14, 2014 8:54 PM

Employees of the NFL and Rams are prohibited. How about spouses, relatives, and house pets of said employees? With a hundred large on the line, I’m thinking the winner will probably have something whispered in their ear.

8. remyje says: Apr 14, 2014 8:57 PM

I’m surprised there’s nothing like this with the first round of the draft…. “May Mayhem” (I’m lame, I know)

9. ariani1985 says: Apr 14, 2014 9:01 PM

8-8, not that difficult!

10. guyljr says: Apr 14, 2014 9:02 PM

Someone figure these odds. I’m not smart enough…. But I’m sure it’s along the lines of powerball.

11. trbowman says: Apr 14, 2014 9:04 PM

I made the Cowboys game the Thursday nighter because it’s the Cowboys.

I was tempted to have Denver be a MNF game – but nonsense. The Rams aren’t getting a MNF game. Other than the Cowboys, I had every game on Sunday

I put way too much thought into this crapshoot.

12. snowman36 says: Apr 14, 2014 9:04 PM

The last rams home game had about 683 ppl there. I bet only half of them will participate….2-14

13. thestrategyexpert says: Apr 14, 2014 9:05 PM

Heck yeah I didn’t go to the WSOP once out of convenience, it’s the grand prize or it’s nothing. I got nothing, in hingsight I should have cashed out before they dealt the first card but that’s besides the point, I’m ready to put it all on the line again and I’m getting my entry in tonight. I like contests that have big prize money for sure, thanks St. Louis!

14. nyyjetsknicks says: Apr 14, 2014 9:05 PM

This will be over quicker than Warren Buffet’s billion dollar bracket.

15. bennyb82 says: Apr 14, 2014 9:10 PM

Hey Roger, wanna make a quick 50k?

16. thegreatgabbert says: Apr 14, 2014 9:20 PM

If they get an entry from a fortune teller, it will go like this,

“I see you playing 16 games, but not all in a row. You will feel the need to rest at one point for a week. But, strangely, only half of them will be in your home stadium. Sometimes you will have to travel many miles to play. If you decide to wear a dark colored uniform your opponents will wear a light colored one, perhaps to infuriate you. You must do the same when visiting them at their home. You will have some success and some failure.”.

17. pantherfan40 says: Apr 14, 2014 9:27 PM

where do we sign up i got this

18. couldntthinkofaname says: Apr 14, 2014 9:47 PM

snowman36 says: Apr 14, 2014 9:04 PM

__________________________________

683? You’re counting the vendors and ushers, right?

19. ctiggs says: Apr 14, 2014 9:50 PM

Id say it would be 4-12 #goNiners #NoOnehasitbetter #givememy100K

20. briguy5 says: Apr 14, 2014 9:59 PM

There are about 356 trillion ways to order 16 games plus a bye week, and that’s just the different ways they can be ordered sequentially. It gets even harder when you consider you have to accurately predict the day of the week for each game since we know there has to be a Thursday in there somewhere.

21. briguy5 says: Apr 14, 2014 10:06 PM

I can accurately predict their postseason schedule:

Wild-Card Round: Bye week
    Divisional Round: Bye week
    Conference Championship: Bye week
    Super Bowl: Bye week

22. goodguyattorney says: Apr 14, 2014 10:10 PM

I’m guessing they didn’t need Warren Buffet to underwrite this.

23. skins359 says: Apr 14, 2014 10:29 PM

If I was the NFL league office I might consider using a little of that infinity billion dollar war chest to hire security for the schedule makers. People in St. Louis now have a 100,000 reasons to get an inside source.

24. briscocountyjr says: Apr 14, 2014 11:24 PM

Can someone explaine the rules I want to win 100k and if anyone can help i’ll be very greatfull for it i need the money baad my two baby momas killin me so I just have to pick the teams??

25. mrneto72 says: Apr 15, 2014 12:00 AM

Believe it or not I had my dog pick the Super Bowl numbers for the pool. .I won final score. ..I’m in

26. justintuckrule says: Apr 15, 2014 12:13 AM

Money is mine. I just programmed an app that let’s me submit all 456 billion permutations with the click of the mouse.

27. broncosnative says: Apr 15, 2014 12:20 AM

This is just an utterly stupid idea and what a low ball offer. You have better odds winning the lottery than guess the exact order, place and day of the rams schedule with the bye week. There’s nothing good about this ordeal, they know no one won’t even come close to getting all that right unless they can see into the future. If you had to guess 17 lotto numbers in the exact order, it would be in the billions or more because no one will never win. I would say for someone to get this exactly right, the award should be $10mil or more.

28. blackcatnfl says: Apr 15, 2014 1:56 AM

Here’s a hint:

Sunday, Sunday, Sunday, Sunday, Sunday, Sunday, Sunday, Sunday, Sunday, Sunday, Sunday, Sunday, Sunday, Sunday, Sunday,
    Sunday.

29. crawfish2011 says: Apr 15, 2014 6:48 AM

This isn’t that extremely difficult to do. You know what 16 team they are playing you just have to figure out when.

30. exboomer says: Apr 15, 2014 7:52 AM

It is pretty much impossible to meet the conditions of this contest so why are they even bothering?

31. meurah says: Apr 15, 2014 11:51 AM

There’s over 104 trillion combinations of games, even if you already KNOW the last game is a divisional game. Now factor in that at least one of these games is going to be a Thursday night game.

They could be giving away a billion dollars, and they’d still have the upper hand by well over 100,000:1.

32. djshnooks says: Apr 15, 2014 2:09 PM

The Bills are giving away free season tickets for life if you predict the schedule.