Anthony Barr intrigued by playing in Dallas

Barr AP

The Cowboys need defensive linemen.  And multiple defensive linemen in the draft pool would like to play for the Cowboys.  The question is whether they’ll be there when the Cowboys are on the clock.

And whether the Cowboys will move up the board to get them.

A day after Pitt’s Aaron Donald visited Big D, UCLA linebacker Anthony Barr arrived.  And he talked about his interest in the Cowboys.

“There’s pros and cons to every team and everywhere you go, but if I were a Cowboy, that would be really a blessing, truly a dream come true – a team I watched growing up,” Barr said, via the team’s official website.  “It would just be surreal.  I would be really appreciative to be here.”

During his visit, Barr spent time with defensive coordinator Rod Marinelli.

“He showed me a lot of tape of [Julius] Peppers and Simeon Rice and [Warren] Sapp, so I think he wants me playing that defensive right end position to go after the quarterback, and that’s something I’m all for,” Barr said.

Barr also was a little star struck by the folks from the team with the blue star.

“I met Jerry Jones last night, and I couldn’t believe it,” Barr said.  “I couldn’t even talk at first, like, ‘This is Jerry Jones.’  It was a pretty cool experience, so these guys get my respect right off the bat.”

He’ll get their respect if he becomes a Cowboy, and if he helps lead the team back to the days of glory.

Permalink 17 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Dallas Cowboys, Home, Rumor Mill
17 Responses to “Anthony Barr intrigued by playing in Dallas”
  1. jirehj says: Apr 15, 2014 9:31 PM

Please Anthony, don’t be intrigued by a team who’s owner cares for ratings rather than wins.

2. thestrategyexpert says: Apr 15, 2014 9:35 PM

Oh that’s nice, but now I have to lower his stock price because I don’t particularly care for players who are super excited about playing for teams that I don’t find to be attractive. Dallas doesn’t even have a GM or a credible vision to become the best team in the league and they are playing second fiddle to the Eagles in their division and possibly even more teams. So not a deal breaker, but it certainly doesn’t help him score points with me.

3. nygmann says: Apr 15, 2014 9:46 PM

Watch Jerry Jones scare him away too!

4. realitycheckbaby says: Apr 15, 2014 9:48 PM

Smart for the lid to say.

If he grew up watching the Boys, at his age, he never has seen them win.

5. nmills001 says: Apr 15, 2014 9:51 PM

It makes sense… Which means they’ll draft a guard instead.

6. jaygruntboston says: Apr 15, 2014 9:55 PM

playing with Romo and his 1 playoff win in 11 years is intriguing? ? and for what reason would that be? ?

7. kev86 says: Apr 15, 2014 10:00 PM

Moving him down my NYG board after reading this.

8. thegreatgabbert says: Apr 15, 2014 10:07 PM

He is the guy the 9ers will try to move up for if they divest themselves of Aldon Smith.

9. irishdodger says: Apr 15, 2014 10:18 PM

Originally recruited as a RB, this kid is a stud LB.

10. slobmykolb says: Apr 15, 2014 10:23 PM

thestrategyexpert said;

Oh that’s nice, like anyone gives 2 &@$#s to your draft board! Keep your dumb thoughts to yourself strategy export

11. thegreatgabbert says: Apr 15, 2014 10:47 PM

@ thetradgedyexpert- Awww…..

12. gman2all8734 says: Apr 15, 2014 11:00 PM

now that the so called thestategyexpert approves of it I guess Barr should not go to Dallas.

13. flyeaglefly says: Apr 16, 2014 12:03 AM

Intrigued by what? Love to see Barr’s Wonderlich score! What a dope!

14. footballtalk1 says: Apr 16, 2014 1:15 AM

America’s team. Hate all you want, we love that y’all can’t keep us off your mind and out your mouth.

15. thetroofishere says: Apr 16, 2014 6:23 AM

For those Jerry haters…how many Super Bowls does GM have on his resume?
    If your GM isn’t named Belicheck, at max you have two. Last time I checked…
    3 > 2

16. abninf says: Apr 16, 2014 8:34 AM

Anyone would be in awe going to Valley Ranch and seeing America’s Team in person. Most players want to play there.

17. grruffgrruff says: Apr 16, 2014 12:21 PM

They’d have to move up to 9th
    or he’s going to the Bills.