Carr believes there’s a “very good chance” he’ll go in round one

Carr Getty Images

Today’s Pro Football Talk on NBCSN includes a visit from former Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr.  The younger brother of 2002 first overall pick David Carr, some think Derek could be a first-rounder, too.

Derek believes it could happen, based on everything he has been hearing.

“I would say there’s a very good chance,” Carr said in an interview to be played on Friday’s broadcast.  “Just from what coaches have told me, something I’ve heard from General Managers.  I’d say that the chances of it happening are very good.”

The chances of the full interview being shown during Friday’s show are very good, too.  The chances of Ravens defensive lineman Chris Canty joining the program as a guest analysis are even better.

The chances of you answering the poll question posted below will be 100 percent, at the moment you answer it.

The chances of you tuning in at 5:30 p.m. ET on NBCSN are hopefully closer to 100 percent than zero.  The chances of me holding my breath or any other bodily function for it are precisely zero.

Permalink 13 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Baltimore Ravens, Home, Rumor Mill, San Francisco 49ers
13 Responses to “Carr believes there’s a “very good chance” he’ll go in round one”
  1. conormacleod says: Apr 18, 2014 4:40 PM

Curious if his brothers lack of success is scaring teams away from drafting him that high.

2. thegreatgabbert says: Apr 18, 2014 4:44 PM

Very good chance he is the second quarterback taken, in my estimation.

3. dirtysouthniner says: Apr 18, 2014 4:47 PM

From carr to 49ers??

4. flannlv says: Apr 18, 2014 6:02 PM

Saw him play in Vegas Bowl against USC. He was awful. Awful.

5. dieselguy19 says: Apr 18, 2014 6:05 PM

Interesting. Living in Fresno I saw most all of his games. IMO his brother was better then him and we know how that turned out. Derek was good in a weak conference, but when he played higher caliber teams he struggled and looked over matched. IMO he’s going to be a repeat of his brother. BUT, he’s a great kid and I hope he succeeds and proves me wrong.

6. borisbulldog says: Apr 18, 2014 6:05 PM

I believe crapping your pants as 1st round pick runs in the Carr family.

7. bringbackkosar says: Apr 18, 2014 6:42 PM

He’ll be the latest Browns 1st round bust.

8. mackcarrington says: Apr 18, 2014 6:58 PM

This is like picking low-hanging fruit.
    Aaron Rodgers thought he would go in the top 10.
    Geno Smith thought he would go on the first day.
    These QB’s heads are spinning around from all the crap these GM’s tell them before the draft.
    They should learn to say something that doesn’t make them look like rubes when they don’t get drafted where they think.

9. The Red Rifle says: Apr 18, 2014 7:12 PM

Vikings trade up to the 20s for him.

10. kenstabler says: Apr 18, 2014 7:26 PM

Carr will go to the Raiders with there first pick in the second round.

This is a deep draft for talented QB’s. Everyone will remember his brother, but Reggie will not be afraid to draft him.

11. giantsfanlewis says: Apr 18, 2014 9:13 PM

People. Comparing him to his brother need to remember his brother wasnt a terrible qb, he was just a qb taken by a team that had played as many pro games as he had. He was sacked more times in 3 years than peyton mannjng has his whole career and he never got a real shot. I dont watch much college ball so I have no idea how this kid will do but even going to the browns or jags hes still better off than his brother was. Plus hes coming into a much more qb friendly league. So we will see

12. kev86 says: Apr 19, 2014 10:56 AM

I think he is going to be pretty good. No idea how good.

13. crownofthehelmet says: Apr 19, 2014 8:45 PM

Ravens should draft him as a sorta Carr-redo. And because he’s better than their current QB.