Terrance Knighton: I’m definitely going to honor the contract

Super Bowl XLVIII - Seattle Seahawks v Denver Broncos Getty Images

Shortly after the Broncos lost to the Seahawks in the Super Bowl, there were reports that defensive tackle Terrance Knighton was looking for an extension that would keep him in Denver at a price that he felt better reflects his value to the defense.

Knighton signed a two-year, $4.5 million deal with the Broncos before last season and turned in a strong year in the interior of Denver’s line, but there wasn’t a particularly positive response to word of his desire for a more lucrative arrangement. Some players might stay away from offseason work or otherwise agitate for the extension, but Knighton has been participating with his Broncos teammates.

“I’m definitely going to honor the contract,” Knighton said, via the Denver Post. “I want to get something done and I’d like to get something done here. I don’t want to bounce around. But I’m at the point now where once the season starts, I’m just strictly football.”

Knighton is one of many key Broncos entering the final year of his contract. Wide receiver Demaryius Thomas, tight end Julius Thomas and cornerback Chris Harris are some of the leading names on a list that may create some tough choices in Denver.

Permalink 8 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Denver Broncos, Home, Rumor Mill
8 Responses to “Terrance Knighton: I’m definitely going to honor the contract”
  1. ninetysixer says: Apr 28, 2014 10:01 AM

Temple Tuff!

2. drdoomkaiser says: Apr 28, 2014 10:01 AM

I hope they do resign Pot Roast he’s a good defensive linemen

3. craniator says: Apr 28, 2014 10:47 AM

Terrance Knight , is a guy who gets it , a guy who understands that generally speaking , when you make a commitment , you should try to keep it. That , to me , is more important than anything he’ll ever do on a football field.
    If I were a betting man , I’d have no problem wagering that this fellow will be successful for a long time after leaving the NFL.

4. praetorian12 says: Apr 28, 2014 10:51 AM

He was the only defender that bothered to show up for Super Bowl 48 for the Broncos, and he had a great run to the end of the year for the Broncos. But there’s always the danger of overpaying for a guy coming off a great stretch.

5. packersgreenbay says: Apr 28, 2014 11:20 AM

I like me some Pot Roast!

6. dbo2020 says: Apr 28, 2014 12:23 PM

No one knew who this guy was when he played for the Jags. Now he seems to have his own PFT headline every week. I’m a fan though. I wish the Jags would have re-signed him.

7. cowboysallday says: Apr 28, 2014 12:31 PM

Revis should take notes on how to handle contract years

8. thefirstsmilergrogan says: Apr 28, 2014 7:22 PM

cowboysallday: look at revis’ contract. he ain’t taking advice from a guy on a 2 yr 4.5M deal he is outplaying…