Tajh Boyd thinks he’ll be picked a week from today

Tajh Boyd AP

A.J. McCarron isn’t the only quarterback who thinks he’ll end up being chosen higher than projected.

Clemson’s Tajh Boyd told FOX Sports’ Alex Marvez and Phil Savage on SiriusXM NFL Radio that he’s hoping to be picked sometime on Friday.

Everything I’m hearing is pretty good right now,” Boyd said. “I’m hearing no later than the third [round]. Hopefully it plays out that way.”

Playing with a top-five talent like Sammy Watkins certainly helped, but Boyd was productive throughout his Clemson career, though he struggled at the Senior Bowl. Since then, he said he’s undergone a “rebuilding process,” and helped himself with a good pro day workout.

He’s also met with the Patriots, Panthers, Bears and Rams, and got positive reviews from them. Whether it’s enough to lift his draft stock remains to be seen, but the fact so many were looking so closely at Watkins can only help him.

Permalink 13 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Rumor Mill
13 Responses to “Tajh Boyd thinks he’ll be picked a week from today”
  1. Remember Brian Brohm says: May 2, 2014 10:29 AM

When the Vikings fell to 0-3, I started checking the mock drafts. Every single mock draft had Bridgewater and Boyd as top-5 picks. I guess I should remember that a week from Sunday when I’m looking at mock drafts for next year.

2. corkspop says: May 2, 2014 10:43 AM

Haven’t seen his name in any of the Mocks for weeks. Looked like pro material every time I saw him play.

3. farmmbig says: May 2, 2014 10:49 AM

Word of advice to Tajh: Take those projections with a grain of salt…

I once had a baseball scout tell me I would be drafted between rounds 15-25…. And I didn’t get selected at all.

Keep your head-up, work hard and take advantage of any opportunity you get. Warren Moon didn’t get drafted either.

4. jman2020 says: May 2, 2014 10:50 AM

Clowney #1 to Houston… 3rd rd 1st pick Boyd solid draft for Houston

5. thebirdsareback says: May 2, 2014 10:51 AM

He’ll be better then teddy

6. cowboys2014 says: May 2, 2014 10:59 AM

He is Undraftable. Will never play in the NFL

7. bstras2809 says: May 2, 2014 11:16 AM

Will be a great backup and decent spot starter right now. Has great potential to do a lot better too. Humble kid, mature, and has great tools. Sky’s the limit in the right system!

8. higginsonslimos says: May 2, 2014 11:39 AM

underrated, great arm. this guy could be a steal if he falls deep in the draft imo

9. regisphilbin says: May 2, 2014 11:40 AM

David Garrard v2.0

10. glennsyank13 says: May 2, 2014 12:00 PM

He looked terrible when I saw him play. Not sure what you other guys saw that makes him underrated

11. qdog112 says: May 2, 2014 12:02 PM

Anybody who followed ACC football knows that Boyd placed as well as anyone for 4 years. It didn’t hurt to have Watkins, but Watkins missed a season with injury and Boyd’s play did not suffer.

His play was even throughout and it makes you wonder just what the experts are looking at?

12. djshnooks says: May 2, 2014 12:56 PM

IF the Bills take a QB at any point…this is who I could see them taking.

He’s best friends with EJ Manuel, close with CJ Spiller & they might draft Watkins.

Dabo is close with Marrone too…he came to a couple Bills games last year.

13. smackingfools says: May 2, 2014 5:24 PM

I like this kid. Might surprise some people.