Josh Gordon would like to play with Marqise Lee

Marqise Lee, Sheldon Price AP

Throughout the offseason, Browns wide receiver Josh Gordon said that he expected and wanted the Browns to take a quarterback in the first round of the draft.

His wish was granted when the team landed Johnny Manziel, who has a “big fan” in Gordon, with the 22nd pick. Perhaps emboldened by that experience, Gordon returned to the suggestion box on Friday with his thoughts about what the Browns should do with the 35th overall pick.

“We have a lot of wide receivers right now on our team that we just picked up on, but I’m actually a fan of Marqise Lee,” Gorrdon said on ESPN Radio. “I don’t believe he got picked yet. That would be a great addition. I know we have an early second-round pick. We’ll see.”

Lee is expected to be one of the first players picked when the draft resumes on Friday night and his addition to Gordon and tight end Jordan Cameron would give Manziel or Brian Hoyer a strong receiving corps to make use of in 2014. If the Browns can find an appealing running back as well, they’d have pulled off a quick and intriguing overhaul of their offense in a short period of time.

Permalink 23 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Cleveland Browns, Home, Rumor Mill
23 Responses to “Josh Gordon would like to play with Marqise Lee”
  1. dawgpoundjedi says: May 9, 2014 4:07 PM

That would be a great pickup for us – but, even though it’s a little high to grab a running back, I think I’d actually prefer grabbing Carlos Hyde. We DO have a lot of receivers on the team now, but we only have Ben Tate as a feature back. And with his injury history, we need someone else who can do what he does, and Hyde is the best running back available in this year’s draft.

With either guy, though, it would be tough to complain about the pick.

2. nflofficeadmin says: May 9, 2014 4:12 PM

They say Cleveland is pretty though I’ve never been. Well Manziel says it’s the best place that he’s ever seen. Oh and he should know, he’s been there enough. Lord I miss Manziel, oh I miss him so much.

3. thepftpoet says: May 9, 2014 4:29 PM

Sorry Josh, even if Marquise landed in Cleveland….

Minnesota still has the best WR duo in the NFL.

And oh yeah..Teddy Bridgewater > Johny Manziel

4. bensstinkyfingers says: May 9, 2014 4:41 PM

Lee or Hyde at #35 would make this browns fan even happier than I am from yesterday’s haul! Go Browns!!!

5. watermelon1 says: May 9, 2014 5:00 PM

Browns could have had Sammy Watkins and Manziel it seems.

Sure hope that corner taken in the first round and justify their decision to go with him.

6. skiss68 says: May 9, 2014 5:27 PM

Could someone please tell Josh to shut up. Please!

7. Lord Oswald Bupkis III says: May 9, 2014 5:31 PM

Lee in the second round is such a steal if he can stay healthy.

8. bumbleb572 says: May 9, 2014 5:31 PM

Marquez Lee if taken by browns is a lot closer to Sammy Watkins in talent then the next db available right now to Justin Gilbert. The wr position is real deep in this draft and the browns already have a number 1 receiver, so I have no problem in doing what the browns did and picked up another 1st round pick next year. Great logic.

9. steves11 says: May 9, 2014 5:31 PM

“They say Cleveland is pretty though I’ve never been”

Cleveland is “pretty”? What is this guy smoking?

10. greeksensation says: May 9, 2014 5:40 PM

We couldn’t go into next season with Skrine starting again. Browns fans know this.

Lee would be nice, but I’d rather them pick up Su’a Filo. 35 is still too high for RB. Mason, Sankey, Hyde, Carey, Simms, Hill, Williams….somebody is going to be there at the top of the 3rd!

11. turkjones says: May 9, 2014 5:42 PM

I like Hyde as a prospect as much as anyone but Li’l Shanny can just as easily draw up 4.5 yards a pop out of a 6th rounder or UDFA in his ZBS.

It has to be Lee if he’s available.

12. sandersmarcus10 says: May 9, 2014 5:49 PM

Vikes best WR duo LOL, please stop it! Best RB yes!

13. thereyougo2 says: May 9, 2014 5:57 PM

Josh is now running the team.

14. td40 says: May 9, 2014 6:04 PM

“…give Manziel or Brian Hoyer a strong receiving corps to make use of in 2014.”

Uh, yeah. I really hope I *don’t* see Manziel playing in 2014 at all unless it’s because Hoyer and VY are both hurt.

15. peopletrains says: May 9, 2014 6:13 PM

…in 2015.

16. jrob23 says: May 9, 2014 6:15 PM

uh oh..breaking news…he might be facing a year’s suspension for failing a drug test

17. realhaley says: May 9, 2014 6:16 PM

Josh Gordon liked playing with marijuana too much this year. Have fun with your sixteen game unpaid vacation buddy.

18. dickshotdogs says: May 9, 2014 6:18 PM

He’s not playing with anyone this year. Jackass just failed ANOTHER drug test. It was for hippy lettuce. He now faces a one suspension. Way to go, moron.

19. upperdecker19 says: May 9, 2014 6:19 PM

BSPN reporting he’s suspended for the year….guess he’d like to play with anyone period

20. kingpel says: May 9, 2014 6:19 PM

Josh Gordon is going to be suspended for the year.

21. prostock75 says: May 9, 2014 6:20 PM

Josh Gordon to be suspended for the season….

22. frogkiller777 says: May 9, 2014 6:44 PM

they can play together on madden til season starts . then lee will go play in NFL and Gordon will be getting high, winning SB as lee, playing alone ,

23. godofwine330 says: May 9, 2014 7:23 PM

Josh Gordon is an idiot. I cannot believe he did this. He won’t be playing for anybody and with anybody this year. I cannot believe this. Wow. Way to take the air out of my Draft weekend, Josh. What did Fred G. Sanford call Lamont?