Ray Rice apologizes for incident, doesn’t take questions

New York Giants v Baltimore Ravens Getty Images

Ray Rice got in under the holiday weekend deadline for bad news with his first press conference since being arrested for assaulting his wife, thought it’s hard to call it one.

“We were blessed to work it out together,” Rice said, sitting alongside his wife Janay. “No relationship is perfect.”

Rice was able to avoid prosecution on assault charges from an Atlantic City casino incident, after being accepted into a pre-trial intervention program.

“I am working every day to be a better husband, a better role model,” Rice said. “I’m still the guy you know. . . .

“I wish me and Janay could take back 30 seconds of our life.”

His wife also spoke, saying she apologized for her role in the situation, saying “I love Ray, and I know he will continue to prove himself.”

Rice made sure to apologize to Ravens owner Steve Bisciotti, along with General Manager Ozzie Newsome and coach John Harbaugh, along with “my fans, kids, everyone who was affected by this situation.”

Through it all, he’s had the support of the organization, with team president Dick Cass coming to his defense this week.

He’s still subject to league discipline under the conduct policy.

Permalink 88 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Baltimore Ravens, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
88 Responses to “Ray Rice apologizes for incident, doesn’t take questions”
  1. juliusanonymous says: May 23, 2014 3:11 PM

Accepted. Mistakes happen. Mad props for standing up, taking responsibility and trying to change and move forward.

Although, unless it was just a drunken spat, it might be worthwhile to consider couple’s counseling. Anytime disagreements become physical, it’s time for BOTH partners to reassess how they communicate and make some difficult changes.

2. sewalters79 says: May 23, 2014 3:11 PM

And Josh Gordon might be out for smoking hippie lettuce….way to go NFL

3. 8to80texansblog says: May 23, 2014 3:12 PM

He still better get suspended….

4. touchdownroddywhite says: May 23, 2014 3:12 PM

If it was prepared, it wasn’t prepared by the PR team. If it was, whichever member wrote it should be fired. It’s “Janay and I” not “me and Janay”.

Or maybe they did write it and didn’t want it to be obvious? I’ve never heard Rice talk to know how good his grasp of grammar is…

5. bigjdve says: May 23, 2014 3:13 PM

I hope they drill him. You can’t be a man and hit a woman.

6. joeflaccoallday says: May 23, 2014 3:14 PM

I’m with you ray

7. tylerisntthere says: May 23, 2014 3:15 PM

“Failure is not getting knocked down, it’s not getting up.” -Ray Rice literally said this.

8. Spymaster Belichick says: May 23, 2014 3:15 PM

LOL, he cried!

9. ceejayb says: May 23, 2014 3:16 PM

Man, I’m a die hard Ravens fan and I have this to say.

Why don’t you answer questions? You’re more interested in what you just did from a pure PR standpoint. Man up and at least reference the situation and admit to exactly what you did and be open with your fans and teammates man.

He will likely get 4 games, if that. It’s a sad day in the NFL where this will be pushed under the rug. Very sad.

Let’s remember this “man” hit a woman so hard with a closed fist, that her brain slammed off her inner skull, rendering her unconscious. Let’s be real about it. That’s what happened. Ban this guy for the year and make a point that this stuff won’t be tolerated

I’ll never support you again, Ray Rice.

10. gumbogumbo says: May 23, 2014 3:17 PM

A man who hits a woman is no man at all.

11. dublindemonszfl says: May 23, 2014 3:18 PM

I told you readers yesterday he wouldn’t take questions. fraidy-cat.

12. Nofoolnodrool says: May 23, 2014 3:20 PM

13. bucrightoff says: May 23, 2014 3:21 PM

Running from questions will probably be the best piece of running he’ll have all year.

14. jebus422 says: May 23, 2014 3:22 PM

He’s only sorry he got caught like everyone else it’s pathetic he won’t get any punishment after uppercutting his wife but guys get their careers ruined because a bit of weed

15. captainwisdom8888 says: May 23, 2014 3:24 PM

Ray Rice is supposed to love and protect this woman, and instead he showed such a glaring lack of respect for her, and a lack of self control as well. Heated arguments happen all the time in relationships, but taking it to the next level and physically assaulting a female is such a lowlife act that is not easily forgiven.

I know this sounds elementary, but before you act or speak, you truly should consider whether or not your words or actions will have a positive influence on you and the people around you. Knocking a woman out cold and dragging her body across the floor neither benefits the woman…nor Ray Rice. Just think before you act…simple.

16. mrpkg says: May 23, 2014 3:24 PM

Roger will suspend him for 4 games, Rice will appeal and it will be knocked down (pun intended) to 2 games

17. jamaalcharlesincharge says: May 23, 2014 3:24 PM

Real men would never lay a finger on a female.

18. jacobk621 says: May 23, 2014 3:28 PM

Agree with @tylersintthere ,, my jaw dropped when he made that knocked down getting up reference ,,, did he have anyone proofread his notes ,, why in the hell would he make a stupid statement ,, that reference is just as damaging as the elevator video ,,, sheezzz !!!!!

19. nicofthenorthstar says: May 23, 2014 3:31 PM

This quote from Punchy Ray: “Failure is not getting knocked down. It’s not getting up.” In other words, his wife failed. He did have to drag her out of the elevator, after all. A better human would have gotten up.
    And the woman apologized for getting knocked out by a guy that could probably knock out anyone reading this.
    He is a slug. But not as bad as Stabby Ray, I suppose.

20. captainwisdom8888 says: May 23, 2014 3:33 PM

I have absolutely zero respect for Ray Rice in this situation, but I’d also like to point out how gutless this female is to stay with a man who knocked her out cold and dragged her lifeless body across the floor of a public place. Is that truly the kind of man you wish to spend the rest of your life with? If so, perhaps she should be admitted somewhere for a psych-eval.

We all know that it was Ray Rice’s bank account that essentially mended this relationship…

21. robert831 says: May 23, 2014 3:33 PM

Ban this loser for at least a year and that is being way too nice!! He is scum and she is only with him and standing by him because he is loaded.

22. mwatts1 says: May 23, 2014 3:33 PM

The dude knocked out his WIFE… am I missing something here? “Mad props for owning it”, PLEASE! The dude punched his wife so hard she was knocked out. The dude is a scab!

23. 6allsohard6more says: May 23, 2014 3:35 PM

You people on here is unreal we as humans sometimes do things we regret that don’t mean we can’t grow and learn from it one incident does not make someone’s whole life you don’t need to forgive him because most of yall is hateful anyways god have already forgive him and that’s all that matters.

24. nicofthenorthstar says: May 23, 2014 3:35 PM

Ceejayb – well said, man. Right on.

25. jamaltimore says: May 23, 2014 3:36 PM

he apologized to who he needed to and if that was a prepared statement the PR guys need to get fired.

Our president doesn’t even answer questions at a press conference why the heck should a running back answer something about his PERSONAL business now that it’s not a legal issue.

26. dallascowboysdishingthereal says: May 23, 2014 3:37 PM

Pro Sports:
    Owner make racial comments = banned for life.
    Player hits woman = just say you’re sorry and move on.

Is this what we have come to?

27. charmcitycrab says: May 23, 2014 3:39 PM

Remember, the fiance was initially charged with assault also. Is it possible that she punched him, he pushed her back, and then the footage on the video we’ve seen is after that?

That women can routinely slap men and throw plates and whatever at their heads (Which would be assault with a deadly weapon under a literal reading of the law) and that seems to be okay is a bit of a double standard.

I mean, I get that men are generally physically stronger and that Ray is a professional athlete. I’m not saying he doesn’t have any culpability here. What I am saying is that we don’t have the full story and comments like “A man who hits a woman is no man at all.” are way too generalized to apply to every situation.

I mean, let’s say a woman was beating you to within an inch of your life while you refused to fight back and then you finally threw a punch to preserve your life or your health, would that make you less of a man?

Of course, domestic violence is a horrible thing, but I am still not convinced that this isn’t a situation that was initiated by the fiance and where Ray simply overreacted. It still would have been a bad overreaction, but this isn’t necessarily the same as the guy who’s beating on his wife mercilessly because she burnt dinner. One gets the feeling he made one offensive move after possibly being *physically* provoked. Granted, that’d be one more offensive move than he made on the field last season. ;) Man, that offensive line was awful.

28. 6allsohard6more says: May 23, 2014 3:39 PM

It’s funny I don’t see people saying this about Brandon Marshall who beat his woman a few times I guess when your good your whole life and do one bad thing then your bad forever.

29. overratedsteelerhater says: May 23, 2014 3:40 PM

wonder what she did to piss him off that bad.should have never hit her but somtimes they make it real hard not to.85% of you readers know just what i’m talking about.no suspension lets move on…

30. petecarrolmorelikecheatpayroll says: May 23, 2014 3:40 PM

Ray “Love In An Elevator” Rice is a piece of work. Just because your woman is bigger than you Ray, doesn’t mean you have to try and prove yourself.

31. ubepunkedagain says: May 23, 2014 3:40 PM

He’s guilty! Suspend him for the whole year Goodell.

32. ravenswhat says: May 23, 2014 3:40 PM

Still waiting for that supposed video of ray actually you know…hitting her. You would think a casino of all places would have video of that exact moment. Funny.

33. allhailkingflacco says: May 23, 2014 3:41 PM

Now Ray can focus on knocking your teams out. Bunch of internet tough guys, love it. lol

#heydiddlediddle

34. biglaj007 says: May 23, 2014 3:42 PM

People here needs to get a life & move on! Ray Rice & his wife did & they really care what you all think.

35. lawchick36 says: May 23, 2014 3:44 PM

Ray and Janay apologized to each other and moved in. I’m glad she accepted her role in this matter. She wasn’t innocent by any means. They are human beings and made a mistake, especially Ray. He has been forgiven and I support him. None if us are in position to judge Ray.

36. ubepunkedagain says: May 23, 2014 3:45 PM

Yeah, Ray knocking teams out with his 3.1 YPC or you can give it to that other guy Pierce and watch him bust off 2.9 yard chunks at a time. lol

37. nicofthenorthstar says: May 23, 2014 3:47 PM

Yes we all make mistakes. But not all mistakes are created equal. Ray’s behavior crossed a line that renders the old “we all make mistakes” excuse completely inappropriate.

38. 8to80texansblog says: May 23, 2014 3:48 PM

tylerisntthere says:
    May 23, 2014 3:15 PM

_____________________

Is it still failure when you get knocked down and can’t get up, but your husband picks up your unconscious body?

39. jtbsteeler says: May 23, 2014 3:54 PM

He had no respect for her. He closed his fist and hit her. Then he has the nerve to try and lead an Anti-Bullying campaign. That’s over, no way can he live down the hypocrisy.

That’s a joke just like the Raven organization. And all of this is also karma for disrespecting the Terrible Towel!

40. joejacks says: May 23, 2014 3:55 PM

Plain and simple at least a 4 game suspension has been earned and should be handed down.

41. bobzilla1001 says: May 23, 2014 3:56 PM

The liberals at ESPN headquarters have accepted Rice’s apology. Case closed. Now those same liberals can move on to more pressing matters, such as portraying Mark Cuban as a racist and their campaign to rid the world of an offensive nickname that the Native Americans approved nearly a century ago.

42. nejerseygirl says: May 23, 2014 4:01 PM

autoriot says:
    May 23, 2014 12:38 PM
    …….
    Tony is right. Every person that plays the game of football goes into every game knowing they might get rocked. They all know the risk. It’s crazy to allow them to sue for long-term injuries sustained while playing. That’s like allowing a moron who spills their morning coffee on their lap and burning themselves, to sue McDonald’s, because the cup wasn’t labeled “HOT!”
    _________________

The McDonald’s coffee ordeal is NOT the same as this. If you read that case, you’ll see that McDonald’s had been sued numerous times and the settled over and over again (over the course of 10 years), because their coffee was too hot. The coffee left 3rd degree burns on that person’s legs. 3rd degree. She had skin grafts and scarring. That is too hot. Experts said so. McDonald’s admitted it. She actually offered to settle with McDonald’s for $20,000. McDonald’s refused and only offered her $800, just like they refused to make changes to their coffee for so many years, so this woman made an example out of them. Good for her, I say. Read the case.

That being said, this whole thing with football players looks like one big money grab. Some of these players probably see the big bucks that the guys nowadays are making and think, “I want some of that.” Everyone knows the risks of taking medications. They’re DRUGS. There is no “miracle pill” that makes you feel better and has zero side effects. If the players can prove that the doctors straight up lied to them and now they’re experiencing major medical problems, then they might have a case. But I’m willing to bet that isn’t the case for most of these guys.

If you spend your entire life smashing your head, shoulders, and nearly every other part of your body into other people, and take a boatload of medications to make yourself temporarily feel better, chances are you’re going to have at least one or two medical problems later on.

43. 6allsohard6more says: May 23, 2014 4:02 PM

Y’all do realize she was drunk and starting hitting him first(they both was arrested) I’m not saying it makes it any better but he lost his cool witch is easy to do it ain’t like he just beat her up For looking at another dude or something he should have just kept his cool and took the beat down like Jay-Z did 😋

44. Steeler's Didn't-but-Will-eventually says: May 23, 2014 4:05 PM

Nofoolnodrool says:
    May 23, 2014 3:20 PM
    “A gutless punk to the end for not answering questions, but we all knew that to begin with. Let’s hope Goodell gives him at least what Ben got….not holding my breath.”

Speaking of Ben… you might recall that Ben didn’t answer any questions either, right?

45. pooflingingmonkey says: May 23, 2014 4:09 PM

Do the rest of the league a favor, and let him play. Don’t suspend him. He’s awful now.

46. bunkmcnulty says: May 23, 2014 4:11 PM

Let me get these out of the way: I’m a Ravens fan; prior to this event a pretty big Ray Rice supporter; and I firmly believe Men should never hit women. And I believe the legal system and process should be followed.

Ray appears to be guilty of hitting his wife. That is despicable. He should pay as decided by our society’s rules and laws.

But some of the comments here are amazing, and I am also sure hypocritical. I will be the first to say thank goodness I have never been a person of notoriety or fame. The last thing I would want is my lowest moment captured for everyone to see. And then to make it worse, have me answer questions from a press room for an hour. I question what some of you want? A lynching? Draw and quarter RR? If you lean that way I remind you this is not Rae Carruth.

I’m guessing no one who comments here has ever made a mistake or broken the law. Sometimes, errors in our youth we do learn from. And some people don’t. We can all look around us, our freinds, and families, and find examples of this.

Not only because of my faith, but because I think it is a decent human thing to do, but I offer my forgiveness when someone is sincere and otherwise has no track record of failure, especially on the same issue.

If you feel I am an apologist for a wife beater, then you feel how you feel. I think he should be punished yes. But like any of us…and I mean any of us, he deserves a chance at redemption. Make him pay, then see what he does with his life next.

47. fearmycheese says: May 23, 2014 4:19 PM

Just cut him already!

48. allhailkingflacco says: May 23, 2014 4:19 PM

ubepunkedagain says:
    May 23, 2014 3:45 PM

_________________________________

You won’t be laughing in Septemeber, ubecryin.

49. pittsburgh361 says: May 23, 2014 4:22 PM

Another classless raven. Let it be Baltimore to have all criminals. Looks like an 0-3 start to your season with no good running backs on your team.

50. dstep24 says: May 23, 2014 4:24 PM

there was nothing noble or honorable about this press conference. What a pansy. Take questions.

51. Matt dog from C-town says: May 23, 2014 4:24 PM

If he was a lower teered player they would have used him as an example and cut him to show how unacceptable that is to their code of conduct…..

52. tennesseeoilers says: May 23, 2014 4:29 PM

Yep, just further supports my decision to become a FORMER Ray Rice fan.

53. scoobies05 says: May 23, 2014 4:30 PM

you Steelers fans are hilarious. in no way am I condoning what Ray rice did. I have always said he deserves whatever he gets. and he went through the system, came to a deal, issued his apologies, and will surely face some type of deserved league discipline. however when it’s your boy Ben, it’s excuse excuse excuse. and Ben got his 6 game suspension after his second incident of accused rape, so let’s stop with the poor Ben poor US nonsense. and give up your home town hypocrisy. these guys are guys who play football for our home teams. we don’t know them. the team’s that employ them are running businesses and are looking out for their bottom lines. if they player that does these actions is good, the team works with them. if they aren’t, they are cut. that’s it. so please…get over yourselves

54. crownofthehelmet says: May 23, 2014 4:30 PM

“Still waiting for that supposed video of ray actually you know…hitting her. ”

We won’t ever see it, it’s likley sitting next to the spygate tapes. No way Gooddell goes through the trouble of making sure the refs favor B-more during games, and then take away an important piece of their team. Doesn’t make sense.

55. Marcus says: May 23, 2014 4:31 PM

So I guess everything’s cool since he wasn’t caught smoking weed, right Roger?

56. sbc85 says: May 23, 2014 4:34 PM

bunkmcnulty says:

—-

My lowest moment in life or any law-breaking behavior (probably running a red light at most?) definitely doesn’t come close to knocking out my fiance. I think what most people want to see is punishment fitting the crime. A prepared statement while refusing to answer questions, while the Ravens wholeheartedly support him, isn’t exactly a judicious series of events thus far.

57. sbc85 says: May 23, 2014 4:36 PM

autoriot says:
    May 23, 2014 12:38 PM
    …….

====

You should watch the documentary “Hot Coffee” where it shows the extent of that old lady’s injuries and how often McDonald’s had ignored previous complaints about their coffee. She deserved every penny.

58. unclerayray52 says: May 23, 2014 4:38 PM

All the people bashing ray rice. Guess you all have never done something you aren’t proud of huh? Yea that’s what I thought.

59. huskersrock1 says: May 23, 2014 4:46 PM

2.5 million dollars and a lifetime ban or the NFL doesn’t take violence against women seriously.

60. superslugg says: May 23, 2014 4:52 PM

Unless she was to cause ray to fear for his life there is absolutely no excuse for hitting her. It’s not a”just a mistake” unless you’re a complete dirtbag with no real man in your life to fix you when you screw up. My dad might have thrown me through a window if it was me. If you’re going to have a press conference, take critical questions so the people you’re apologizing to can determine if you’re sincere. If the NFL doesn’t suspend him, they need to quit pretending they care about issues facing women.

61. ravensgrl says: May 23, 2014 4:54 PM

jtbsteeler says: May 23, 2014 3:54 PM

He closed his fist and hit her.

_____________

And you know this how???

So many assumptions being made about what happened in the elevator before the video captured what we all saw on TMZ.

62. ahostiletakeover says: May 23, 2014 4:57 PM

I love how just because he hasn’t been suspended yet, you idiots all assume it means he wont be (He will be) then follow with *insert Josh Gordon weed reference or Donald Sterling racism here*

63. tsimpson50 says: May 23, 2014 5:00 PM

I hope that every defensive players takes an opportunity to think about what if that was his mother or daughter that Ray Rice was beating up and TCB.

You know these guys read PFT. How did it feel to beat up a woman you puke!

64. ravensfanforlife2012 says: May 23, 2014 5:01 PM

Haters going to hate watch the tape no evidence he knocked her out all it shows is him dragging her out also like he said he wish they could take 30seconds back on their lives he may face a suspension but it won’t be big since it’s a first offense also a 39 second incident is not comparable to some of these other altercations within the last 5 years

65. bobzilla1001 says: May 23, 2014 5:03 PM

Let’s clear up a misconception: Roethlisberger was not suspended for sexual misconduct but for supplying alcohol to underage girls. He was suspended under the league’s “personal conduct” policy.
    Roethlisberger also had a reputation around Pittsburgh for acting a fool, which was clearly outlined in a Sports Illustrated cover story. Goodell imposed a suspension with the Rooneys’ blessings and without a protest from Roethlisberger.

66. lbcoach34 says: May 23, 2014 5:08 PM

3 games suspension for punching a woman and knocking her out, then dragging her through a casino….3 games….

Josh Gordon – all he did was hit a joint – 16 games.

67. dolphins4 says: May 23, 2014 5:48 PM

Ray Rice’s wife is gorgeous. He better take care of her or somebody else will.

68. tictoccpthook says: May 23, 2014 5:49 PM

Apology accepted. Now retire from public view and let an athlete we may learn to respect take your spot on the Ravens roster.

69. notwhoyouthinkitis says: May 23, 2014 5:56 PM

“Rice didn’t take questions from reporters, reading a prepared statement only at the advice of his lawyers.”

He read a statement written by lawyers. That was not an apology at all. If he was apologizing he would say it himself in his own words. The lawyers are simply telling him what to say. Now watch as ESPN talking heads fully accept the fake apology.

70. magikskillz says: May 23, 2014 5:57 PM

Roger “Money Bags” Goodell has no morals if he decides to not suspend Ray Rice for at least 1 year. If Josh Gordon is facing an alleged 1 year suspension for smoking weed, then hitting a women should at least be 1 year, preferably more.
    #RayRiceIsTrash #RavensAreTrash

71. scw1993 says: May 23, 2014 6:54 PM

He said “no relationship is perfect.” This isn’t about a relationship, it’s about violence. I have zero respect for the raven’s organization for keeping this guy on their roster. No second chances for someone who knocks out a woman. Ceejayb is a raven’s fan who gets it…good post.

72. 1rockyracoon says: May 23, 2014 8:11 PM

“No relationship is perfect.” Is he serious? He knocked out a woman and that’s his explanation! He must not have had positive role models growing up if he thinks knocking out a woman is just an example of not being in a perfect relationship. He should talk with Michael Vick about making up for your mistakes.

73. axespray says: May 23, 2014 8:24 PM

If I were the Ravens, I’d cut him.

Dude could barely eek out 3 yards per carry last year.

Heck, the Packer’s Defense shut him down…
    THE PACKER’S DEFENSE shut him down!

74. smitty113 says: May 23, 2014 9:09 PM

You wouldn’t think it was possible for him to do more damage then he did initially …..especially with her standing by his side …yet somehow he did. Unreal

75. uglydingo says: May 23, 2014 9:10 PM

Ravens are the very best at getting their boys out of little snafus. Now let’s see how much the Commissioner wants to protect the shield re treatment of women. I hope that Roger took the time to watch the elevator video. It’s pretty damning.
    It’s time for Ozzie to show his class as a GM and cutting bait.

76. camdenyard says: May 23, 2014 11:09 PM

I’m a Ravens fan and I am done with this POS.

77. ravensfanforlife2012 says: May 23, 2014 11:58 PM

This is his first offense Gordon’s been busted a few times within the past few years it always pays to know the facts and if you don’t know them it’s best not to say anything at all

78. lowriderfxr says: May 24, 2014 12:00 AM

He did actually say, “Failure is not getting knocked down, it’s not getting back up.”

He also said, glancing down at his cell phone, which he had put notes in, “I just want to hit on everything”. We already knew that , Ray!

79. dstep24 says: May 24, 2014 3:09 AM

unclerayray52 says:
    May 23, 2014 4:38 PM

_________

Done a lot of things I’m not proud of. But knocking my wife out is not one of them.

Nice try though.

80. Canton Bulldogs says: May 24, 2014 9:23 AM

Can’t compare Rice and Gordon. Gordon faces his second offense and it is policy what he’s up against. Not like he didn’t know what he was risking.

81. Nofoolnodrool says: May 24, 2014 10:59 AM

The big difference is the Rooneys made it very clear they didn’t approve of what Ben did by putting himself in very stupid situations which he deserved to be punished for. Steelers fans were very disgusted and many still are. Raven fans on the other hand tend to poo poo the abusive behavior and accept the cowards no question press conference. The Ravens have a habit of supporting their criminals that started with lying to police by The White Suit Man and ending with Otis Elevator Ray a Rice. Hopefully Otis a Rice drops a few floors and six games.

82. Nofoolnodrool says: May 24, 2014 11:19 AM

you Steelers fans are hilarious. in no way am I condoning what Ray rice did

But in no way are you outraged as you should be. He has not shown any remorse and embarrassed his wife in front of the cameras with hîs dumb analogies. Sadly the a Ravens support this bum….embarrassing team to root for but it’s in their DNA .

83. siggy00 says: May 24, 2014 3:37 PM

Roethlisberger was suspended because he was a white franchise QB who black media demanded his head on a stick.

And Goodell gave in.

Funny how the same black media (Hill, Rhoden, Chadiha) are now quiet on the Ray Rice issue.

The STEELERS wanted to issue the Ben punishment themselves (which if you paid attention to what Art II said at the time I believe the Steelers and Ben agreed to 2 games).

Goodell refused to allow them.

The Steelers had no idea, how many games Ben was getting from Goodell. They were afraid it was going to be 8-10 games, which was why they traded for Byron Leftwich.

Ben, despite what Bobzilla says offered to play the first six games for free, if Goodell didn’t suspend him.

Once again, Goodell, because of his friendship with Ray Lewis, refused.

Ray Rice will not be suspended more than 1 game, if any. They play the Bengals and the Steelers in 5 days to open the season.

You think Goodell is going to give those two teams, especially the one team that voted to a man against the CBA because of Goodell’s power, that advantage?

Get serious.

84. scoobies05 says: May 24, 2014 3:44 PM

ben got suspended after his 2nd offense. Goodell has never issued more then a 2 game suspension to any first time offender. so there goes your conspiracy theory

85. siggy00 says: May 24, 2014 9:05 PM

According to the NFL Ben had NO OFFENSE’s.

Civil suits, according to Goodell’s right hand man Greg Aiello are not subject to the PCP.

Greg Aiello again, said when discussing Brandon Marshall’s case, that since there was no charges, he isn’t eligible for PCP suspension.

Aiello’s own words below, and I quote:

by Ben Volin
    It’s official – Brandon Marshall will not face any discipline from the NFL for his off-field incident this past April.

NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said that since no charges were filed in the incident, Marshall is not subject to discipline under the NFL’s personal conduct policy.

The announcement by the league puts an end to a troubled summer for Marshall, who was allegedly stabbed in the stomach by his wife during a domestic dispute at their home. His wife was initially arrested and charged with felony battery, but the charges were dropped last month due to lack of evidence.

Though Marshall appeared to only be a victim in the incident, commissioner Roger Goodell said over the summer that he was monitoring it from afar.
    ______________

Now unless Marshall plays in Canada and Goodell’s has a brother with the same name he and Ben play in the same league, correct?

But Ben was the white elephant in the room, and Goodell because of his friendship with an accused murderer who plays in Ben’s division, gave into them.

86. bobzilla1001 says: May 24, 2014 11:45 PM

Steelers: 3-1 without Roethlisberger in 2010. Since the defense carried them, it was just like having Roethlisberger in the lineup. No one noticed the difference.

87. siggy00 says: May 25, 2014 12:43 PM

The Steelers are 10-8 without Ben since he got here.

88. siggy00 says: May 26, 2014 11:56 AM

Surprise surprise surprise…..per Peter King:

“Rice likely faces a short (maybe two-game) suspension from the commissioner for being a first-time offender under the personal-conduct policy”

Maybe two games? Laughable. Roethlisberger according to the NFL’s alleged rules is a ZERO TIME offender, and he got SIX games, reduced to FOUR.

But Rice isn’t the white elephant the black media demanded on a stick, so he’ll walk.

Class dismissed idiots.