Lache Seastrunk sees no weaknesses in his game

Lache Seastrunk AP

For a guy who plays a devalued position, behind a solid starter, and who was chosen in the sixth round of the NFL Draft and not the first, Lache Seastrunk has plenty of confidence.

I feel I don’t have any weaknesses,” Seastrunk said, via John Keim of ESPN.com.

One of the things that is somewhat less than a strength is his pass-catching ability (or lack thereof). He caught just nine balls at Baylor, but they didn’t throw to backs often there, and Seastrunk insisted his drops weren’t an out-of-control issue.

“Everybody’s gonna have an opinion on what I can do and what my weaknesses are,” he said. “They really don’t know. I feel I can catch the ball well. I feel I can do anything they ask me to, . . .Everyone drops balls. Calvin Johnson drops balls so I’m not worried about that.

“I felt it was always there. They just never threw me the ball and I continued to work on it when I didn’t get the ball because I felt the opportunity would present itself… Nothing against [Baylor quarterback Bryce Petty] he wanted the home run ball. Who doesn’t?”

When Seastrunk did get his hands on the ball at Baylor, he ususally did something with it, rushing for 2,189 yards and 18 touchdowns in two seasons there. He also has a high-profile supporter in quarterback Robert Griffin III, but it could take him some time to carve out a niche in Washington.

Permalink 11 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Rumor Mill, Washington Redskins
11 Responses to “Lache Seastrunk sees no weaknesses in his game”
  1. ialwayswantedtobeabanker says: May 27, 2014 7:50 AM

Lack of humility may be one of Seastrunk’s weaknesses.

Seastrunk should take a cue from Jerry Rice, and other legends who feared failure and always busted their tails to improve. Self-satisfied players rarely excel.

2. bassplucker says: May 27, 2014 7:52 AM

You were drafted in the sixth round, son. It’s pretty obvious a lot of people think you have a few weaknesses.

3. raiderlyfe510 says: May 27, 2014 7:59 AM

I don’t see any weakness either. I thought he was the best RB in the draft by far.

4. officialgame says: May 27, 2014 8:47 AM

Sounds like a humble guy who wants to come into camp and learn. LOL

5. Spymaster Belichick says: May 27, 2014 8:51 AM

LOL

6. Straight Cash Homie says: May 27, 2014 9:00 AM

Will fit in perfectly with the Redskins! Most of their fans think the team has no weakness as well, until the season starts anyways. Then they soon realize its another season at the bottom of the NFC!

7. kozmo50 says: May 27, 2014 9:03 AM

Talk is cheap……show me what you got big boy….

8. raiderlyfe510 says: May 27, 2014 9:21 AM

“Self-satisfied players rarely excel”

I agree. There’s always ways to improve. If a player can’t visualize ways to improve his game each year he won’t last. Seastrunk is gonna take over that #1 RB spot though, unless they stick with that ZBS. They go away from the ZBS it’ll make Alfred Morris obsolete.

9. scrotiemcb says: May 27, 2014 9:42 AM

A guy this delusional must be a Chiefs fan in his spare time.

10. stevenray72 says: May 27, 2014 4:21 PM

I am so tired of players talking smack when they have not done a darn thing in the NFL to back it up!

11. channer81 says: May 28, 2014 12:46 PM

Scouting reports talked about his iffy hands, and he wasn’t anything special in pass protection. I hope he doesn’t take Chris Thompson’s spot. I think he makes the team and Royster gets cut.