When Chargers wide receiver Malcom Floyd was carted off the field after suffering a serious neck injury last season, there was doubt about whether or not he’d be able to play football again.
That doubt subsided a bit this offseason as Floyd made progress in his recovery and signs were pointing toward an expected return for the 2014 season earlier this month. Those signs are now impossible to miss as Floyd has been cleared for all football activities.
“Cleared for contact. Cleared for everything. There are no risks. I’m good to go,” Floyd said as the Chargers started OTAs on Tuesday, via Michael Gehlken of U-T San Diego.
Floyd said he wasn’t tentative during a practice that saw him working with the first team offense. The Chargers didn’t add a clear-cut starter across from Keenan Allen, so Floyd’s a good bet to stay there if his neck is sound and his production hasn’t slipped because of the injury or inactivity.