Browns sign fourth-rounder Pierre Desir

Pierre Desir AP

The Browns made some news that had nothing to do with Johnny Manziel.

The team announced they had signed fourth-round cornerback Pierre Desir.

Desir played at those football hotbeds Washburn and Lindenwood, but earned notice because of his size (6-2, 206) and his coverage ability. He won the Cliff Harris Award last year, for the nation’s top small-college defensive player.

He was born in Haiti, and if anyone sees pictures of Manziel and Rob Gronkowski there, let us know.

Permalink 10 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Cleveland Browns, Home, Rumor Mill
10 Responses to “Browns sign fourth-rounder Pierre Desir”
  1. CKL says: May 29, 2014 12:13 PM

He was featured with Lee, Sankey and one or two others on some draft series of 4 shows. I’m not a Browns fan, but if you can see that show and not root for Desir, you’re not a football fan. Talk about breaking the odds. I’m happy for the kid.

2. jwcarlson says: May 29, 2014 12:17 PM

I was hoping the Packers would take him, but I’ll be watching for what happens with him. Glad he’s getting a shot and hope he shines!

3. u2madbro says: May 29, 2014 12:23 PM

The consistent theme will all of the Browns picks was that the players they selected som varying combination of love football and need football. Desir falls into the loves it and needs it.

4. panamajimmy54 says: May 29, 2014 12:23 PM

Hearing about the ice pack on Gilberts knee yesterday underlines the importance of this signing. Plus how can you not root for this kid..If there is Karma then his destiny might be as a starter. 6’2” 205lbs with speed. Go get em Pierre

5. beckzhere says: May 29, 2014 12:25 PM

Not a Browns fan, but I really like this kid. He’s got a great story and a mountain of determination. I’m expecting big things.

6. harveyredman says: May 29, 2014 12:34 PM

Good young man. I would love to see him make the team and succeed. Dude has worked hard to make it this far and keep his family together.

7. Matt dog from C-town says: May 29, 2014 12:51 PM

sweet name, too !

8. kosarkid says: May 29, 2014 1:27 PM

I think he’ll be better than Gilbert. Saw this kid on a few ESPN draft specials. Hoped the Browns would get him and glad we did.

9. oldcracker says: May 29, 2014 4:14 PM

The kid can ball. Definitely a “feel good” story, too.

10. easydog100 says: May 29, 2014 5:35 PM

Hope he has a great camp and makes his presence felt. May compete for minutes and adds depth….