Skip to content

Report: Tyson Clabo, Cardinals don’t reach deal

Dallas Thomas, Tyson Clabo AP

Tyson Clabo remains a free agent.

According to Adam Caplan of ESPN.com, the Cardinals, who showed an interest in signing Clabo after a workout Monday, could not come to terms with the veteran right tackle.

The 32-year-old Clabo has made 116 career starts. He made the Pro Bowl in 2010 as a member of the Falcons, for whom he started for eight seasons. The Dolphins’ starting right tackle in 2013, Clabo is one of the tackles on PFT’s All-Unemployed Team.

The Cardinals do not have a clear-cut starter at right tackle, with Bobby Massie, Nate Potter and Bradley Sowell among the options to fill the position.

Permalink 9 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Arizona Cardinals, Atlanta Falcons, Home, Miami Dolphins, Rumor Mill
9 Responses to “Report: Tyson Clabo, Cardinals don’t reach deal”
  1. jerrytown says: Jun 9, 2014 10:05 PM

    Steve Keim makes his offers “take it or leave it.” If the player leaves the building without accepting, the deal is off the table. Smart play to avoid overpaying and getting strong armed by a player’s agent. For someone who is past his prime and still unemployed at this point in the offseason, I think Clabo should have taken it.

  2. jakeplummersghost says: Jun 10, 2014 12:06 AM

    jerrytown says:
    Jun 9, 2014 10:05 PM
    Steve Keim makes his offers “take it or leave it.” If the player leaves the building without accepting, the deal is off the table. Smart play to avoid overpaying and getting strong armed by a player’s agent. For someone who is past his prime and still unemployed at this point in the offseason, I think Clabo should have taken it.
    ————————————————-
    Incorrect, Antonio Cromartie left because he wanted more money, didn’t get it from the Cards or anywhere else and ended up signing the one-year deal they originally offered him.

  3. dickshotdogs says: Jun 10, 2014 12:24 AM

    Perhaps Clabo doesn’t need the deal.

  4. truths4all says: Jun 10, 2014 12:38 AM

    Betcha Clabo is out of the NFL this coming season.

  5. MostlyRight says: Jun 10, 2014 12:47 AM

    Guy is 32, was not retained by the Dolfins despite their lack of bodies on the Oline, and allowed 11 sacks last year…he should be careful who he turns down.

  6. wabbitslayer says: Jun 10, 2014 6:41 AM

    I don’t know if he has money or not, but…

    32 year old linemen with money need to retire.
    32 year old linemen without money need to take whatever deal they can get.

  7. atlfan31833 says: Jun 10, 2014 8:46 AM

    Personally would like to see him back in Falcons uniform. I don’t know why he didn’t do well in Miami. He was missed on the Falcons O-Line for sure.

    The O-Line is going through an overhaul anyway so the more competition the better.

  8. don2074978 says: Jun 10, 2014 9:05 AM

    @jerrytown

    I think Keim’s response on allowing Cromartie to get the deal he initially turned down would be …

    “I wasn’t born stupid.”

  9. irkjames says: Jun 10, 2014 10:10 AM

    Tyson Clabo is a decent player. Not all is lost with him.

    Sure, he allowed 11 sacks as a Dolphin but the majority of those sacks came while he was still learning the offense.

    Remember: the Dolphins run a zone-blocking scheme and he spent the majority of his career in man with Atlanta. These schemes require 2 entirely different skill-sets and body types. He played really well for Miami for the second half of the season.

    I’m sure he’d be much more comfortable playing on a team suited better for what he can offer.

    Best of luck to him. He stood up proud for my Dolphins after the BS Dustin Keller injury in the pre-season and all the media non-sense throughout Jonathan Martin’s hissy-fit.

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to leave a comment. Not a member? Register now!