Colin Kaepernick on Miami case: “It’s time for football”

Kaepernick AP

With yesterday’s announcement that no charges would be filed against Colin Kaepernick for an incident in Miami, the 49ers quarterback is relieved to move onto the next thing.

“As I said from day one, I would never do the things that were made up about me. I’m glad this issue is resolved. It’s time for football,” Kaepernick wrote on Twitter, via Matt Maiocco of CSNBayArea.com

Kaepernick and the 49ers were steadfast he had done nothing wrong, and prosecutors agreed with him, as the report said there was no evidence any crime was committed.

Now, he can simply get back to the business of determining whether he’s overpaid, or underpaid, or whether he can develop as a passer.

Permalink 18 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Rumor Mill, San Francisco 49ers
18 Responses to “Colin Kaepernick on Miami case: “It’s time for football””
  1. kamthechancellor says: Jun 13, 2014 9:22 AM

Prosecutors also said there’s no evidence that he’s an NFL quarterback…

2. sharksfan97 says: Jun 13, 2014 9:47 AM

Seahawk fans have just won the Super Bowl, and yet flock to 49er sites in droves to troll. What a sad group with such a sense of insecurity. As for Kap, all he does from what I can see is work hard. I wish he and his family all the best and congrats on the new contract.

3. beastmode5150 says: Jun 13, 2014 9:59 AM

Seahawks fans are glad you are ready for football.

4. tdseahawks says: Jun 13, 2014 10:02 AM

“It’s time for football” Wow Colin, Santa Clara fans have been waiting two years for you to say that. Good luck little buddy, GO HAWKS!!!

5. ctiggs says: Jun 13, 2014 10:18 AM

#Nobodyhasitbetter

6. cmoney4949 says: Jun 13, 2014 10:18 AM

everyone is a seahawks fan now. where were they two years ago? Worst uniforms in the NFL. What a horrible color combo

7. kamthechancellor says: Jun 13, 2014 10:36 AM

Where were they two years ago? Probably bandwagon Niner fans.

8. sandersmarcus10 says: Jun 13, 2014 10:50 AM

LOL how did its time for football from CK turn into a Hawks bash, get over yourself!

9. getsome636 says: Jun 13, 2014 10:50 AM

Maybe it is time for this scrub to learn how to pass. He better hope that “D” does not start slipping or the niners are done.

10. pitsandbulls says: Jun 13, 2014 11:10 AM

He had his Ray Donovan pay a visit.

11. kamthechancellor says: Jun 13, 2014 11:11 AM

It must suck to be a frisco fan. Knowing if it wasn’t for the Seahawks you’d have won the SuperBowl last season. Knowing that you have the second greatest collection of talent in the last 25 years…second to a team in your own division. Watching that talent go to waste and fade away. Watching your window of opportunity close as Seattle steps over you and takes your dream away. Wow. That’s got to really sting.

12. floratiotime says: Jun 13, 2014 11:23 AM

“Time for football” roughly translates to “I did it, but I’m going to get away with it.”

13. thegreatgabbert says: Jun 13, 2014 12:47 PM

What was made up about The Camel? He was involved in a “suspicious incident” which occurred at his premises and involved the police and fire department being called to assist and investigate. No one said anything more than that.

It happened exactly as described.

14. braceyourselffor12 says: Jun 13, 2014 7:03 PM

No what must really be sad is to root for a collection of PED induced frauds who never tasted greatness and as such do not know the meaning of winning gracefully.

As opposed to the Seahacks the Niner Faithful are well aware of what Championships mean and the work the team needs to put in, in order to continue the success.

Don’t worry about that though as your podunk franchise won’t be relevant again for a long time, then again that’s something your used to.

15. gomez23464 says: Jun 14, 2014 1:20 AM

Winning

16. realitycheckbaby says: Jun 14, 2014 10:07 AM

SC fans are funny.

You talk about winning with class? Show me anything classy about your team, coach or fans.

Stop living in the past.

17. shutdaup says: Jun 14, 2014 7:49 PM

Seahawk fans act like they’ve never been there before. Wait. They haven’t. SMH

18. seahawkfan76 says: Jun 14, 2014 10:15 PM

I don’t get the whole “trolling” thing. I go to all teams pages to discuss football. Yet out of all the teams I go to, the Niners are constantly whining about us trolling. I also come to the Niners page because we are the 2 best teams in football right now, not to mention the best rivalry. It seems to me that the Niner fans are the ones that are insecure. Instead of actually talking about the greatest game ever, all you do is bad mouth other teams and make stupid immature jokes. Im starting to wonder if (a lot) of you just don’t understand the game, or theres just a bunch of 12 year olds on your site. At any rate, I just want to talk football, but I guess I will stay on the other teams sites, they really like and enjoy discussing football!………….GO HAWKS!!