Jordan Gross to join Panthers radio broadcast team

Jordan Gross AP

Jordan Gross will once again be roaming the Carolina Panthers sidelines on Sundays this fall.

He just won’t be doing it in a helmet and shoulder pads.

The former Panthers left tackle announced his retirement from playing football back in February. However, Gross will still be around the team this season in a different profession altogether. According to Joseph Person of the Charlotte Observer, Gross will serve as a sideline reporter for the team’s radio network next season.

“They just want me to be myself, so I’ll be saying what I see, and adding a lot of excitement and energy,” Gross said.

A former first-round pick of the Panthers in 2003, Gross was a three-time Pro Bowl selection and was named a first-team All-Pro in 2008. Gross started all 167 games he played in during his 11-year career and missed nine regular season games due to injury during that span.

Permalink 6 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Carolina Panthers, Home, Rumor Mill
6 Responses to “Jordan Gross to join Panthers radio broadcast team”
  1. ak18346 says: Jun 17, 2014 6:46 AM

I know he will do a great job at this as he did playing for the Panthers

2. phluffyclouds says: Jun 17, 2014 9:19 AM

Gross’s podcast, “This is Gross”, was great last season. He’ll be great.

3. qdog112 says: Jun 17, 2014 10:40 AM

Too bad Gettleman ran you off. We know you wanted to play one more year. Good luck in broadcasting.

4. nfloracle says: Jun 17, 2014 11:08 AM

I hope this leads to a spot in a major network’s broadcast booth. Gross was great fun to watch during his playing days, and I hope we get to listen to him on radio and TV for many years to come.

5. motsuret06 says: Jun 17, 2014 4:36 PM

This is a good hire and the Panthers still have not found a starting caliber LT to replace him. I do not want to hear about the “Turnstile” The Panthers need to get a life and find a starting LT.

6. jgedgar70 says: Jun 18, 2014 2:18 PM

I knew this was coming. You could tell in his many appearances on WFNZ that he was a natural on the radio. He will eventually get to a national network job.