Tom Brady still tops at least two quarterback lists

Tom Brady AP

Tom Brady might not be in your top five.

But he knows he has at least two polls that have him No. 1.

My wife thinks I play pretty good, my mom thinks I play pretty good,” Brady said, via CSNNE.com, “so that doesn’t matter.”

Brady was able to laugh about the annual summertime rankings, and his place in them, acknowledging that the critics don’t necessarily “fire him up.”

“Umm, I’m always pretty fired up so, I think there’s people that always have opinions about us as athletes,” Brady said. “You just try to go out there and do your best and go home and hope that you left it all on the field.

“Some days you don’t play your best, but that’s sports. I’ll try to go out there and be the best I can be this year. Were they Jets fans, or Dolphins fans, or Bills fans? Patriot fans? I don’t know. Everyone’s a little biased.”

Of course, so are his wife and his mom, but those are the opinions he’s chosen to put stock into.

Permalink 33 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, New England Patriots, Rumor Mill
33 Responses to “Tom Brady still tops at least two quarterback lists”
  1. corkspop says: Jun 19, 2014 9:42 AM

Second best QB in the league, behind Peyton Manning. May be in that spot until one or the other retires.

2. truthfactory says: Jun 19, 2014 9:46 AM

Great playoff record when he played on June 18. He wasn’t even the best player on the team back then. Ever since he’s had average teams, he’s had a average playoff record. .500 playoff record since spygate.

Thumbs down all you want, but you know it’s true

3. fleaman1381 says: Jun 19, 2014 9:47 AM

I’ve never liked Tom Brady… respected him for his talent though. This makes me like him a little. Hilarious.

4. truthfactory says: Jun 19, 2014 9:50 AM

Great playoff record when he played on Elite teams. He wasn’t even the best player on the team back then. Ever since he’s had average teams, he’s had a average playoff record. .500 playoff record since spygate.

Thumbs down all you want, but you know it’s true

5. countmahdrof says: Jun 19, 2014 10:02 AM

He may play “good”, but he doesn’t speak very well.

6. elimanningup says: Jun 19, 2014 10:06 AM

Tom Brady is a system QB. Product of Bill Belichick.

7. scoops1 says: Jun 19, 2014 10:14 AM

3 SB Rings, 2 SB MVPs, 2 MVPs, a hot wife

people who want to hate on this guy as a loser should take a long hard look at themselves in the mirror….

8. pats777 says: Jun 19, 2014 10:14 AM

5 Super Bowl and 7 AFC Championship games… yeah, he’s average alright.

9. jimjets says: Jun 19, 2014 10:19 AM

For crissakes. He’s an all time great. He’s getting older. About 30 teams would rather have him then who they have. He won before they got caught cheating. That has to be factored in. It’s only June still are we gonna be talking about top qb rankings all summer?

10. jimmyt says: Jun 19, 2014 10:20 AM

Was he crying when he said that?

11. briscocountyjr says: Jun 19, 2014 10:24 AM

Well, he can prove himself by outdueling EJ Manuel, Tannehill, and Geno Smith… then we’ll resume this debate.

12. notwithkubiak says: Jun 19, 2014 10:26 AM

Brady/Belichek Combo will never win another Super Bowl.

13. notwithkubiak says: Jun 19, 2014 10:27 AM

3 Super Bowls with asterisks next to them for all intents and purposes.

Hasn’t won a Super Bowl since he can’t study film of the other teams’ defenses.

14. aa1829 says: Jun 19, 2014 10:27 AM

I support with my entire heart and soul anything that his wife says. If I could paste a picture in here you would all agree.

15. cpitch12 says: Jun 19, 2014 10:31 AM

Hes a legend every team in this league would take in a heartbeat. His statistics speak for themselves and hes not done by a longshot. Those that verbally assault him are jealous. Those that are fans cant get enough of him. 11 division titles 7 AFC title games 5 Super Bowls 3 Titles….theres no better resume folks..a resume still being added too

16. nnagi says: Jun 19, 2014 10:31 AM

Brady is awesome, seriously

17. jbcommonsense says: Jun 19, 2014 10:34 AM

Be serious. Not a Pats fan, but for measuring pure QB talent Brady is easily in the top 5. He had nobody to throw to last year.

18. dcpatfan says: Jun 19, 2014 10:37 AM

Greatest QB Of All Time

19. tedmurph says: Jun 19, 2014 10:38 AM

You have it backwards. He made above average teams , laden with street FAs, elite. Almost singlehandedly. Any list w/o Brady in the top 4/5 is a joke.

Do whatever you want with your thumbs(I have a suggestion).

20. mrozma says: Jun 19, 2014 10:45 AM

Every team studies film of the opposition defense to this day. What do you think they mean when they say they’re ‘reviewing film’.

21. jjackwagon says: Jun 19, 2014 11:00 AM

Name more than four teams who would NOT trade their current starting QB for Brady. If you can’t do it, then he is top five. I hate the Patriots but facts are facts.

22. 700levelvet says: Jun 19, 2014 11:09 AM

It’s odd.. I’m not a Pats fan, and I consider him elite as a N F L QB , but the fact he hasn’t won anything ( superbowls) since spygate has tarnished his image in my mind. I could care less if he did, but I respected Montana, and I once did Brady, but the proof is in the pudding.. Spygate will tarnish everything about him, that and the fact Goddel burned the tapes… I can’t be blamed for the obvious

23. greymares says: Jun 19, 2014 11:09 AM

If he ends up as my fantasy QB, I’m good with that.

24. uglydingo says: Jun 19, 2014 11:18 AM

Perhaps the greatest QB of all time. However, the facts show that he had the 20th best pass completion percentage last season.
    He still had some great close wins but more was due to the Pats running game and at 37 years old, the window is closing on his career whether he wants to admit or not.
    Belichick drafted Jimmy Garoppolo in the 2nd round as Tom’s future successor. Patriots fans can refuse to accept the obvious.
    Tom should also consider leaving the game while still a good player. He doesn’t need the money, it would be a pity to see him progressively decline.

25. joetoronto says: Jun 19, 2014 11:38 AM

Some of you people kill me, he’s one of the greatest ever, not the greatest though.

That’s reserved for Joe Monatna.

26. ocgunslinger says: Jun 19, 2014 11:38 AM

Any and all legitimate fans of the NFL would certainly recognize Brady in the top 5 current QB and potentially top 5 of all time. Snide comments about spygate only show the posters ignorance of the game, policies and events at the time. Love the comment about studying tape as cheating…..Case closed.

27. andrewluck12 says: Jun 19, 2014 11:48 AM

Tom isn’t my favorite player by any means. Growing up a despised the guy. But over the years I’ve come to respect the hell out of him. He’s an undeniable hall of famer and one of the best to ever play the game.

28. scw1993 says: Jun 19, 2014 11:49 AM

Yet once again, an article about Brady being elite, top five, top 2, a possible decline or whatever. It’s a great big PR machine to take the focus on the most laughable, one-sided SB in history…43 – 8….the g.o.a.t. megahead with a stellar cast around him got hit by an upstart freight train called the Seattle Seahawks….the discussion should be what is manning’s legacy again???

29. bbmadface says: Jun 19, 2014 12:17 PM

I am the furthest thing from a Patriots fan, but I have mad respect for Tom Brady. One of the greatest to EVER play the game. He may not be the same quarterback he once was but he still has the skills to go to the playoffs every year even without elite receivers.

30. billswillnevermove says: Jun 19, 2014 1:40 PM

Tom Brady = Matt Cassell

31. catquick says: Jun 19, 2014 3:33 PM

A longtime Bills fan here(rockpile days) and I think Brady is not only in the top five, but the top one of QB’s. Who decides this nonsense?

32. lanman11 says: Jun 19, 2014 5:01 PM

It’s funny how some people will say they can’t stand Brady. I can’t remember a more affable guy in such a high profile position, in an age of such incredible up close and personal 24/7 scrutiny. The guy always says the right thing, never appears consumed with himself, yet always brings incredible fire, competitiveness, and consistently great performance to his job, i.e. exactly what he is getting paid to do. I can’t imagine a fan of any team, looking back in time, and not wishing their team had been the one to draft this guy.

33. coffeypc says: Jun 19, 2014 11:16 PM

#1. Any team would take him.